Faith-based tattoo: as a result of one, did you ever talk with someone? (Poll included)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Faith-based tattoo: as a result of one, did you ever talk with someone?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
He will be finished in a year. He will have completed his dissertation. Hard work.
@jshiii The key is to keep beavering away at it.....long hard slog.....right? The whole point is that it's supposed to be a major achievement, otherwise it wouldn't be worth much (rather like ones such a baptist college honorary degree which is gotten simply for sending it money or students.......)

(No more tattoos lately for him, I suppose....though some ppl find it hard to stop once they start their inking journey...)

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Sure (specific regarding older women). sometimes it is about “faith”...and many times it is not...

@Taken Sometimes about faith, sometimes not.

Someone quoted in the Huffington Post has commented about how many mature women seem to be really flourishing with finding it a way of increasing their confidence:

"...Most of my clients are in the older bracket," Gallo-Kohlas told The Huffington Post. "We see a lot of women in their sixties and seventies getting their first tattoos."
Many Women Get Tattoos Post 50 ? And Don't Regret It Later huffington post

(2c...)

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Taken Sometimes about faith, sometimes not.

Someone quoted in the Huffington Post has commented about how many mature women seem to be really flourishing with finding it a way of increasing their confidence:

"...Most of my clients are in the older bracket," Gallo-Kohlas told The Huffington Post. "We see a lot of women in their sixties and seventies getting their first tattoos."
Many Women Get Tattoos Post 50 ? And Don't Regret It Later huffington post

(2c...)

I would lean on a lot of women in their 60’s, 70’s (not regretting), because they are not husband hunting, job hunting, wondering if mama approves, or bikini clad at the beach....probably more so having something to talk about other than ailments, doctor appointments and what prescriptions they take... just saying.. ;)

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I would lean on a lot of women in their 60’s, 70’s (not regretting), because they are not husband hunting, job hunting, wondering if mama approves, or bikini clad at the beach....probably more so having something to talk about other than ailments, doctor appointments and what prescriptions they take... just saying.. ;)
@Taken

Interesting comment; thanks; and I was just trying to figure exactly what you meant; I think you mean, something like:

In their 60s and 70s, a lot of women can just go relax tattoo parlor wholeheartedly, now that they especially don't worry about what anyone else may think of them....right?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Taken

Interesting comment; thanks; and I was just trying to figure exactly what you meant; I think you mean, something like:

In their 60s and 70s, a lot of women can just go relax tattoo parlor wholeheartedly, now that they especially don't worry about what anyone else may think of them....right?

Right. As well, have you ever been in the company or elderly women?
I hardly know a one that routinely does not have ailments, routinely go to the doctor or routinely have multiple prescription drugs. Just saying that seems to be usual topics to talk about...And flower or butterfly tats would certainly be a more pleasant topic.

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Right. As well, have you ever been in the company or elderly women?
I hardly know a one that routinely does not have ailments, routinely go to the doctor or routinely have multiple prescription drugs. Just saying that seems to be usual topics to talk about...And flower or butterfly tats would certainly be a more pleasant topic.
@Taken

I see what you mean, yes; as if to say - like younger Christian women may do - "Let's change the subject; isn't it nice and wholesome to be tastefully inked up?"

aa4a1e4f537f14bc1c9ee64b231e7aa6--psalms--tattoo-fall-tattoo.jpg
tattoo hyphen awe dot blogspot dot

l.jpg
tattoofilter dot com

069e95d3dbbbf0a6429a252e115564d2.jpg
pinterest

53f6e6a7d22969a8fd8143a478bab21a.jpg

pinterest

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Taken

I see what you mean, yes; as if to say - like younger Christian women may do - "Let's change the subject; isn't it nice and wholesome to be tastefully inked up?"

aa4a1e4f537f14bc1c9ee64b231e7aa6--psalms--tattoo-fall-tattoo.jpg
tattoo hyphen awe dot blogspot dot

l.jpg
tattoofilter dot com

069e95d3dbbbf0a6429a252e115564d2.jpg
pinterest

53f6e6a7d22969a8fd8143a478bab21a.jpg

pinterest

The top photo reference is beautiful Scripture.
The Pss 46:5, references God with, her, she, her...but is talking about the City of God, not a female.
And the last one, two with the same tat...no clue what it says, just looks like a twin scribble.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
The top photo reference is beautiful Scripture.
The Pss 46:5, references God with, her, she, her...but is talking about the City of God, not a female.
And the last one, two with the same tat...no clue what it says, just looks like a twin scribble.
@Taken Proverbs 17.17

I agree; context is important.

I guess the point of the previous post also was that tattooing can be tastefully done (as you maybe implied with your comment: "And flower or butterfly tats would certainly be a more pleasant topic")

Seems also like so many Christians - women especially - have latched onto the idea that tattooing can indeed be tastefully done and so if there is a Scripture/faith element to it also it can make a wholesome talking point.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I can't remember what this was about but I assume it is my tattoo

Yeah it's just there except I don't lose it in my sleep and I don't keep buying it
@LadyofFireandLace

Yes; you're right about earrings or their clasps having the habit of going walk-about during sleep. (Many men and boys wear earrings too, and this is a painful lesson they, too, have had to learn...)

Whereas a tattoo: once firmly in, stays in..........

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It's a sad indictment against modern Christianity that one of the most popular discussion points on a Christian forum is focused on enhancing ones personal appearance, and justifying it by baptizing it and calling it a Christian virtue.

Reactions: BarneyFife

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
It's a sad indictment against modern Christianity that one of the most popular discussion points on a Christian forum is focused on enhancing ones personal appearance, and justifying it by baptizing it and calling it a Christian virtue.
The issue is often witness talking points: all the young ppl with Bible verses tattooed with whom I have talked seem to have received them as witness tools.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Taken Proverbs 17.17

I agree; context is important.

I guess the point of the previous post also was that tattooing can be tastefully done (as you maybe implied with your comment: "And flower or butterfly tats would certainly be a more pleasant topic")

Seems also like so many Christians - women especially - have latched onto the idea that tattooing can indeed be tastefully done and so if there is a Scripture/faith element to it also it can make a wholesome talking point.

Sure. But then you could visit some Wal-marts in the summer months, saying, per more scant clothing and see tats you wish your eyes could ‘unsee’... lol

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The issue is often witness talking points: all the young ppl with Bible verses tattooed with whom I have talked seem to have received them as witness tools.
Exactly my point. No different from the Catholic Church baptizing the pagan Sunday and passing it off as sacred to a gullible protestant offspring.

Reactions: BarneyFife

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Sure. But then you could visit some Wal-marts in the summer months, saying, per more scant clothing and see tats you wish your eyes could ‘unsee’... lol
@Taken

I think anyway our friend Brakelite above regards all tattoos without exception to be in the Walmart category.....

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Exactly my point. No different from the Catholic Church baptizing the pagan Sunday and passing it off as sacred to a gullible protestant offspring.
Some Christian young ppl with whom I have talked have received the whole of the wording of John 3.16; and presumably they get joy in telling others.....