Faith-based tattoo: as a result of one, did you ever talk with someone? (Poll included)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Faith-based tattoo: as a result of one, did you ever talk with someone?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Pathfinder7 FYI...did you see the new poll, above? Thanks for your recent comments; the previous poll expired, so I started a new one from a slightly different angle on this very topical subject, anyway.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I actually don’t know any Christians who’ve had tattoos since they were saved...the family member who did, still belongs to the ‘dark side’ (for now) ✝️
@2 Chr. 34:19 Well, keep praying for him or her.

Maybe it's different in the UK, but these quotes are from North America, FYI:

FHII said:
I got my first and only tattoo when I was 25. I was told it was addictive, but for me it was not. .. Probably 75% of the congregation have tattoos, including myself and the Pastor! So we don't look down on it, nor do we celebrate it...
(from this forum)

QueenCat said:
Around here (Bible Belt), it is common, especially among evangelical Christians, for the girls under about 40 to have religious tattoos. More do than don't, especially when you get to the under 30 crowd. I hardly know any female at church that is under 30 that does not have a tattoo.
forums dot thewelltrainedmind dot com

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@farouk
What on earth is your game???????? :rolleyes: :eek: :confused:

In this time when all Christians need to be sharpening their swords and checking the oil in our lamps... here is you bothering with ALL your multitudes of posts about tattoos , ear piercing , body piercing , and everything that has NOTHING at all to do with the kingdom of God , it is not faith building, encouraging, uplifting, or anything that helps us in any way. It is not biblical.
In fact it all came from the very opposite of biblical!!

We do NOT NEED ANOTHER THREAD...you all ready started far too many on these subjects already.

Quite honestly , you probably ought to go pray and ask God what HE thinks about all your threads and your OBSESSIONS!!!
WORD! Agreed Helen. These posts of farouks belong not only on another thread, but on a whole nother forum!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Nancy Well, I tend generally to agree also; the fact is that I have had repeated conversations with ppl about really good, wholesome Scripture verses which have been the basis for their tattoos. I believe yours is not faith based in design, and you feel a certain way about it; those whose ink is indeed faith based - Scripture based, in fact - maybe feel differently about theirs. Thanks for your comment; blessings.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Nancy Well, I tend generally to agree also; the fact is that I have had repeated conversations with ppl about really good, wholesome Scripture verses which have been the basis for their tattoos. I believe yours is not faith based in design, and you feel a certain way about it; those whose ink is indeed faith based - Scripture based, in fact - maybe feel differently about theirs. Thanks for your comment; blessings.

If that is the case Farouk, you wouldn't be putting all these "like" polls up, I'd think you would want to be sharing all the "repeated conversations with ppl about really good, wholesome Scripture verses which have been the basis for their tattoos."

Reactions: amadeus

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
If that is the case Farouk, you wouldn't be putting all these "like" polls up, I'd think you would want to be sharing all the "repeated conversations with ppl about really good, wholesome Scripture verses which have been the basis for their tattoos."
See my John 3.16 thread also.

The reason this poll was started was simply because the other one - which was still being added to - expired.

Thanks for your various comments.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I didn't see the poll. I checked -- they're open in my town by appointment. Everyone has to wear a mask -- and no facial tattoos.
@Giuliano Ty; seems like ppl who want to do it, can; it's just that those who wanted to do it for their 18th, or 40th or 50th (etc.) b-days (as often is the case) will have had to wait a bit...kind of a delayed b-day, I guess....

The poll is above if you wanted to include your vote (various reply options...)

Reactions: Giuliano

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
My boyfriend made a tattoo gun, and I used it on myself when I was 16. A love-heart-tacky-homemade and hypocritical (as Im not very loving)
@2 Chr. 34:19 Well... :) if you maybe had waited a bit longer before doing it, and thought longer about what you wanted (maybe even faith based, eventually?), then perhaps you would have disliked it less, in the long run; maybe appreciated it more in the long term....

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
they're open in my town by appointment.
@Giuliano I noticed they are open where we live, also.

Some ppl have had to wait a while before having their done.

Mind you - as opposed to the business perspective - to wait a while for a tattoo is not a bad thing, in order to avoid later regrets, right? Some ppl on this forum who had ink done have said that their was well planned over a long period, which is sensible.

Reactions: Giuliano

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
-- and no facial tattoos.
@Giuliano Well, as opposed to (e.g.) shoulder, wrist or ankle, facial tattoos might be regarded as a bit way out anyway, aren't they?

The other placements are more mainstream (and sometimes chosen by Christians for faith based designs.)

I guess you would never have considered facial inking in any case?