Faith-based tattoo: as a result of one, did you ever talk with someone? (Poll included)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Faith-based tattoo: as a result of one, did you ever talk with someone?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I think that when some Christians do get tattooed (sometimes indeed in faith based designs in the hope of using it to talk to people, though not necessarily), it's maybe acknowledged as something that feels good to do it, and is maybe not regretted really at all.

But then they move on, without a lot of fuss.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Giuliano Well, as opposed to (e.g.) shoulder, wrist or ankle, facial tattoos might be regarded as a bit way out anyway, aren't they?

The other placements are more mainstream (and sometimes chosen by Christians for faith based designs.)

I guess you would never have considered facial inking in any case?
I have never considered getting a tattoo anywhere on my body, Farouk. :)

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes true, seems everyone is doing it so it's losing it's coolness, just from my perspective...
@soul man I'm sure there is truth to your observation. I guess also when Christians do it, when done in a faith based design it can be made memorable to the wearer, and become a tool to speak to others with.

But you're right, it's what ppl do now. Even the most conservative do it; as Godsgrace said:
almost every young girl I know has some sort of tatoo. Even those very conservative types.

It's what they do.

(BTW: did you see the poll, above?)

Reactions: soul man

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
She's actually moved on to graphic design, buying software to create art( digitally)

@Waiting on him Let's hope she's doing what she has a flair for, anyway.

Around here the parlors are opening up again. In some ways for the buyer at least (if not from a business perspective for the artist), a bit of time to wait and reflect on one's ink plans is sometimes not a bad thing. But the restrictions have relaxed somewhat and ppl can get inked up again more easily now. (I think if your daughter had gone into tattoo artist work, as originally planned, she would have had a bit of a hard time over these past few months, right?)

Did you see the poll, above?

Reactions: Waiting on him

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Waiting on him Let's hope she's doing what she has a flair for, anyway.

Around here the parlors are opening up again. In some ways for the buyer at least (if not from a business perspective for the artist), a bit of time to wait and reflect on one's ink plans is sometimes not a bad thing. But the restrictions have relaxed somewhat and ppl can get inked up again more easily now. (I think if your daughter had gone into tattoo artist work, as originally planned, she would have had a bit of a hard time over these past few months, right?)

Did you see the poll, above?
As of lately everyone is having a hard time.

Reactions: farouk

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Hidden In Him FYI... did you see/ vote in the poll, above? :)

What is it with you and the tattoos? LoL.

Don't take it too far. One day you could wake up with one that looks like this:

16e27ed437c0dbac3a6df15a62533b0d.jpg

Look at the prices!

Was that one expensive meal or what?

Reactions: Nancy

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Back, you said @soul man
soul man said:
I think anytime you can give a witness for the Lord you should. People are memorized by the cool tats and alot of conversation comes from it

It does indeed seem to work effectively; and so a lot of Christians seem to think it's good to have it done.

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I have never considered ....

@Giuliano It just doesn't occur to some ppl... :)

BTW, I saw a notice in the window of a tattoo parlor in the area where we live, not long ago; the context was opening up after the virus. The notice said: "You need a tattoo"....... (Well, they would say that, wouldn't they...?)