Faith-based tattoo: as a result of one, did you ever talk with someone? (Poll included)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Faith-based tattoo: as a result of one, did you ever talk with someone?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
She just got married this past weekend. Her tattoo showed just a little.
@TLHKAJ

May they indeed settle down in God's rich blessing.

Yes, indeed, today brides (and of course their bridesmaids) face the collective decision of whether their tattoos are going to show. What with sleeveless dresses and so forth, right?

Seems like so many brides find it natural for any ink that they have to be seen, though it's not the focus.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
my grandfather had every one of these.
@Waiting on him In many families it has been highly customary for sometimes generations of the menfolk to have had tattoos. Today the fact that women family members can have it done with confidence kind of establishes the custom even more deeply, for so many families. (Hence also so many Christians pleased to use the medium for faith based designs that work effectively in witness.)

Reactions: Waiting on him

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
One of the churches I go to has three quite elderly women, all widows, who recently went out and got themselves tattoos. They all got them on their ankles.. There was no doubt they were all first tattoos. All three of them went out and got them together.

Clearly now also, less and less Christian young people today are likely to be shy about getting faith based designs tattooed - perhaps least of all the Christian young women; this seems an indisputable fact.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
67816205_10219798003125762_434581979468398592_n.jpg

@farouk,

@Pearl Great cartoon that you posted, back a bit!

More seriously and recently, so does your daughter seem satisfied with her two new family memorable tattoos? (is she the new grandma?)

Last edited:

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@michaelvpardo Thanks for the vote! So what do you think of the very widespread custom of receiving a memorable family-related tattoo on the birth of a child or grandchild? (as explained recently here).
I think that if you need a tattoo to remember the birth of your kids, you have a worse memory problem than mine. Adopting the culture of the world is a bit like embracing the enemies of God, but there is freedom and liberty in Christ. It isn't my job to judge anyone, just to discern between what is good, what isn't good, and to choose the former over the latter. It's really not that complicated and we have the word of God to define the how, where, and why of conscience and godliness. If Christians don't believe the word, why do they consider themselves Christians?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
You should have went in and supported your community.
@Waiting on him Well, apart from anything else it can be so memorable: personally, for family, and among friends and social circle (...which often includes church contacts in relation to whom any faith related design may seem relevant also).

Whatever anyone thinks - and there are all sorts of views - I can't see the sheer memorability of an inking - in all its varied aspects - going away in people's perceptions any time soon, bound up as it so often is in considerable artistic skill, whether simple or more complex.

The fact that it's no longer just a man thing as it mainly was in your grandfather's day is very much part of it, right?

Reactions: Waiting on him

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
She's had it for over 2 years and he only realized it this past weekend. We kinda had a laugh about it. :)
@TLHKAJ PS: Musicians with your favorite sound - Bluegrass, Southern - are often or not unusually tattooed: kind of goes with the style, in a sense! It's anyway what so many ppl do now, anyway, (especially those known for their own certain styles), right?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Thank you! We are all praying for that.
@Naomi25 One senses sometimes that not a few tattoos also have materialized after a lot of prayer; my wife and I talked to a young lady with the whole of John 3.16 tattooed on her wrist area; it was her favorite Bible verse, and mind also; and I'm sure other conversations have arisen as a result of her evidently careful and probably prayerful dedication to the idea of using the tattoo parlor for this purpose.

(Although whether it's done or not is but a very small part of a young person's really pressing priorities, for which prayer is such a necessary resource...)

Reactions: Naomi25