Faith-based tattoo: as a result of one, did you ever talk with someone? (Poll included)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Faith-based tattoo: as a result of one, did you ever talk with someone?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yikes. I guess that person didn't read the old testament first.

@Oceanprayers (I'll reply here...)

So are you referring to the Leviticus 19 verse? interesting that the next verse seems to say about not trimming beards; do preachers shave? or do men all go back to being Jews in the land under the law?

All the young people with Bible verses tattooed seem to have had them done for evangelistic reasons. (It's not for everyone, of course.)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Have heard a friend who has a tattoo shop, speak about the number of “temporarily” drunk who want a “permanent” tat.

@Taken So does he or she - because of such incidences - seem like he or she is getting uncomfortable in his or her profession as a tattoo artist? (I do take the point about not getting tattooed while drunk...)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
PS: @Taken I guess another aspect would be: did you become friendly with the person you know, before or after he or she became a tattoo artist?

(I guess some ppl would say, it's irrelevant in any case...)

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
PS: @Taken I guess another aspect would be: did you become friendly with the person you know, before or after he or she became a tattoo artist?

(I guess some ppl would say, it's irrelevant in any case...)

I don’t personally know any tattoo artists. I know plenty of people with tats.
Friends before they had tats. Friends after they had tats. Tattoos do not define who are my friends.

Reactions: Lambano and farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hi @Mayflower I really liked @Taken 's matter-of-fact post:

I know plenty of people with tats.
Friends before they had tats. Friends after they had tats. Tattoos do not define who are my friends.

From what you've said in the past, I could almost hear you saying much the same thing.

As you said recently,
I think it is perfectly fine for someone to keep their bodies how God made it, but I am happy with mine too.

I reckon you would say that, if it's to be done (esp. faith based), then just do it boldly and confidently.

Reactions: Taken

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So as a result of a faith based tattoo (Bible verse, ref., etc.), did you ever talk to someone; get into a conversation with someone?

Or, stated differently, did the faith based tattoo (whether on you or on someone else) work?

Now that the tattoo poll on the other thread has expired, I am starting a poll also...

Thank you for tagging me to this thread.

I did not have a faith based tattoo but a neighbor recently did. I was sharing with him my concerns and later because of that faith based tattoo, I was led to apologize to him for not applying my faith in Jesus Christ for not worrying about stuff. Here he was showing his faith by his tattoo and I was hardly applying my faith in Him at that time when I was concern about stuff out of my and our control of what was happening in our country.

So yeah.. a faith base tattoo from someone else did make me ashamed for even voicing my concerns about it when Jesus is Lord any way.

My neighbor had a cross on both sides of his neck and so it can be easily seen. FYI

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Here he was showing his faith by his tattoo

@Christ4Me I don't think anyone should try to persuade anyone else to get a tattoo...but all the young ppl with Bible verses tattooed with whom I have spoken seem to have had them done for evangelistic reasons.

My wife and I talked to a young lady with the whole of the wording of John 3.16 tattooed on her wrist area; it was her favorite Bible verse and mine also; and I'm sure other conversations have arisen also as a result of her willingness to use the tattoo parlor for this purpose; and it's probable that the prospect of such future conversations also gave her a lot of joy, going to the parlor.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yeah, that was last year, right before the Covid shutdowns.
Loved it so much he got a tattoo of Spyro (ahem, @farouk)

My wife and I used to play Scrabble. But she's verbal and I'm more mathematical, so she'd kick my butt at it.

@Lambano: Yes, for a lot of ppl, whether it's getting a bit of ink or their nostril or earlobes studded, it's something they are actively very open to do. (Having a flair for it, even.)

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Christ4Me I don't think anyone should try to persuade anyone else to get a tattoo...but all the young ppl with Bible verses tattooed with whom I have spoken seem to have had them done for evangelistic reasons.

I do not believe that neighbor, whom is my Christian brother, was trying to do that with me, but I agree. No one should persuade anyone to get a tattoo, but we all should persuade one another to love one another in abiding in Him as His disciples. In my case, not to complain about what is going on in the world but acknowledge that Jesus is Lord. I need the Lord's help with that.

My wife and I talked to a young lady with the whole of the wording of John 3.16 tattooed on her wrist area; it was her favorite Bible verse and mine also; and I'm sure other conversations have arisen also as a result of her willingness to use the tattoo parlor for this purpose; and it's probable that the prospect of such future conversations also gave her a lot of joy, going to the parlor.

I am sure it can serve as a witness but I have seen many people wearing crosses on their necklace but their actions were void of His love.

I know I need His help with this in the face of those who defraud me and deny me services as well as doing other mischiefs to provoke me.

Jesus has carried me through a lot as my Friend, and I need His help for afterwards for when the devil try to get a grip on my anger to hate people. He reminds me to forgive them for they know not what they do, and lifts my sights higher to Him & the coming rapture event since this life is not worth fighting for. He does help me to be at peace when defrauded, trusting Him to take care of me regardless, and leave vengeance to God.

So He does help me to love my enemies but from afar by forgiving them and praying for them as that is the whole point of suffering it because one day they may believe in Jesus Christ & be saved, even if it is after they get left behind for that to happen. So that is why I need His help to forgive hem daily so the Father as forgiven me of my sins and to be with Him & Jesus in Heaven. Who knows? maybe they will believe and be saved and repent from sins to abide in him to be raptured too and I may see them in Heaven. So I can see the importance of leaving vengeance to God and yet forgive them and pray for them because one day I may come face to face with them in Heaven and glorify God for saving them too.