Faith-based tattoo: as a result of one, did you ever talk with someone? (Poll included)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Faith-based tattoo: as a result of one, did you ever talk with someone?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, an old-fashioned solution to an ongoing problem. And then as the offending parts were removed would replacement result in more bionic men and women?
R.a9ac90f3a6e606546df2859fe1595c1d

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
So, an old-fashioned solution to an ongoing problem. And then as the offending parts were removed would replacement result in more bionic men and women?
R.a9ac90f3a6e606546df2859fe1595c1d
Pretty scary Amadeus.
Been thinking about your health issues.
God bless you in the new year, and Mrs. Amadeus too.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pretty scary Amadeus.
Been thinking about your health issues.
God bless you in the new year, and Mrs. Amadeus too.
Thanks! Your thoughts and blessings are appreciated. Next Monday [1-3-2022] more things are happening in that regard. I will post an update on my prayer forum thread after that.

Reactions: GodsGrace

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Thanks! Your thoughts and blessings are appreciated. Next Monday [1-3-2022] more things are happening in that regard. I will post an update on my prayer forum thread after that.
See you there.
God is really with us.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
It can definitely be used for teaching purposes of all sorts.
@Rudometkin It basically gives a personal platform to express the heart of what one wants to say about one's beliefs to others. Basically, a ready made opportunity, especially when ppl are not bundled up in layers of coats, etc,, during winter.

...Same with peircings.
Well, she's probably thinking of ones other than ones for ears, which are widely regarded as pretty benign. Few young women emerge from their teens without a pair or two of earrings put in. Probably a majority of the young men and boys who have attended our small, conservative local church would wear them also.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mmm. Someone will devise a way to permanently mark a robot I don't doubt. It'll be called robo-ink... Or mark of the beast...
LOL!

Or very simply go with a "666"! Who would believe us if we changed the sixes to sevens or eights? Is that which is on our skin necessarily that which God has written [if anything?] on our heart?

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a lot of justification for getting "faith based" tattoos, but nobody justifying it ever considers what God has to say about it. That is very odd, considering God is supposed to be the one who gets to decide how Christians are supposed to conduct themselves, and He says the greatest witness a Christian can give is the way they live, not by getting inked up.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a lot of justification for getting "faith based" tattoos, but nobody justifying it ever considers what God has to say about it. That is very odd, considering God is supposed to be the one who gets to decide how Christians are supposed to conduct themselves, and He says the greatest witness a Christian can give is the way they live, not by getting inked up.
Amen!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Does the passage in Leviticus refer directly to Scripture quotes in cutting for the dead?

The next verse also seems to refer to not trimming beards; do preachers shave?

cc @Rudometkin FYI.

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does the passage in Leviticus refer directly to Scripture quotes in cutting for the dead?

The next verse also seems to refer to not trimming beards; do preachers shave?
Farouk, why did you presume he, @Desire Of All Nations , was thinking about Leviticus in what he posted? He was, I believe, talking rather about hearing God's voice today and following the lead of the Holy Spirit today. Can we using the written Bible and human logic outreason God when He is speaking to us?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Farouk, why did you presume he, @Desire Of All Nations , was thinking about Leviticus in what he posted? He was, I believe, talking rather about hearing God's voice today and following the lead of the Holy Spirit today. Can we using the written Bible and human logic outreason God when He is speaking to us?
Ppl do uses Scripture verses, in tracts or even with Bible verse tattoos, to give a reason for the hope that is within them (1 Peter 3.15).

Happy New Year to you and to Mrs. Amadeus.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Had a little girl get-together last evening.
..The teenagers and both young women had a few tattoos...all small.
PS:
@GodsGrace I think you made a similar point in the past, which certainly rings true:

...almost every young girl I know has some sort of tatoo.
Even those very conservative types.

...can't a conservative get a different type of tattoo also?

...which is why so many take the opportunity to receive something faith-based for facilitating testimony conversations, such as a wrist area Bible quote inking, Christian fish sign <><, etc.

Reactions: GodsGrace

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Lambano Well, don't be surprised if - seeing they work so well for that purpose - 2022 will bring her to want more ink for a similar purpose...
Nah. Won't happen. After she got the infection on the last one, she resolved - no more. That was at least 5 years ago, and so far she's kept that resolution. The nose piercing was a different animal.

Reactions: farouk

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ppl do uses Scripture verses, in tracts or even with Bible verse tattoos, to give a reason for the hope that is within them (1 Peter 3.15).
People do, but he did not. Should you put words in someone else's that they did not speak? I believe he disagrees with the purpose of your thread for reasons similar to my own. Don't you believe that asking him rather than accusing him without evidence of any kind would be better way to proceed?
Happy New Year to you and to Mrs. Amadeus.
And a very Happy New Year to you and yours as well!