Faith-based tattoo: as a result of one, did you ever talk with someone? (Poll included)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Faith-based tattoo: as a result of one, did you ever talk with someone?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Abigail

Jan 29, 2022
Brookside
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Abigail Different Christians pursue different testimony means, of course. So do you yourself as an inked up woman feel it's indeed for you indeed a fulfilling and wholesome Bible content-related means of witnessing that you can use maybe quite regularly?
Aww, shucks. ;) I don't really have a choice in that do I? I've committed my body to give testimony to whomever reads it.

It's not for me, it's for the sake of others who may feel led by the Holy Spirit to follow up after they've seen those parts of me. It's fulfilling in that sense. And it is a humbling experience if someone says something to me after they've seen those parts of me.

To God be the glory. :)

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Aww, shucks. ;) I don't really have a choice in that do I?

@Abigail Sorry the question wasn't particularly well phased...

I've committed my body to give testimony to whomever reads it.

It's not for me, it's for the sake of others who may feel led by the Holy Spirit to follow up after they've seen those parts of me. It's fulfilling in that sense. And it is a humbling experience if someone says something to me after they've seen those parts of me.

To God be the glory. :)

Kind of more of a pragmatic thing rather than necessarily all about aesthetics, right? investing in testimony opportunities for the future.

The young lady that my wife and I talked to with the whole of John 3.16 tattooed on her wrist area likely knew that doing it would result in conversations with ppl or even in silent witness to them, and in that sense likely went joyfully into the parlor wanting to become a tattooee knowing that having such ink pumped in would be a recurring testimony.

Seems like your experience was similar.

And seems like you've been proved right in your prediction.

Reactions: Abigail

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I have a military tattoo to remember the service I gave my country.
Things have changed now. I'm watching movies and now days all the military in the movies have tattoos all over their arms and even necks.

@devin553344 Nowadays it's gone way beyond the military. I saw a report that a Hollywood producer was trying to hire some film extras to depict a 1950s beach scene, and he couldn't find enough young women without tattoos. I can well believe it.

These days, young Christians seem to use it as a witness opportunity to get Bible verses inked, etc. All the young ppl with whom I have spoken with Bible verses tattooed seem to have had them done for evangelistic reasons, anyway.

Seems like it's moved on and greatly expanded from when you had yours first done for your reasons...right?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@devin553344 Nowadays it's gone way beyond the military. I saw a report that a Hollywood producer was trying to hire some film extras to depict a 1950s beach scene, and he couldn't find enough young women without tattoos. I can well believe it.

These days, young Christians seem to use it as a witness opportunity to get Bible verses inked, etc. All the young ppl with whom I have spoken with Bible verses tattooed seem to have had them done for evangelistic reasons, anyway.

Seems like it's moved on and greatly expanded from when you had yours first done for your reasons...right?
I don't know really.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
... all in all about six months to finish. The outline first of course. I'm patient. And not fond of needles or the pain.
@Abigail Well, I reckon anyway you didn't have it done for the sake of how it felt, but you would have exercised the patience to have it all pumped in because of the testimony opportunities that you reckoned would come afterwards.

Reactions: Abigail

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ziggy So from a while back, did you ever actually find the tattoo place and check it out? :)
Funny you should ask..
I went to Dad's last week and on the way home I saw that sign again.
It was an old Library. I think it was called Frank Piercings Library, but only the Piercings was capitalized.
I assumed it was a tattoo shop.
I thought, I need to tell farouk it wasn't what I thought it was.
So here we are.. lol

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Funny you should ask..
I went to Dad's last week and on the way home I saw that sign again.
It was an old Library. I think it was called Frank Piercings Library, but only the Piercings was capitalized.
I assumed it was a tattoo shop.
I thought, I need to tell farouk it wasn't what I thought it was.
So here we are.. lol
@Ziggy Oh so ppl don't actually go there to get pierced and tattooed, then..... :)

It was someone's name....

Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ziggy PS: How is your father doing?
He is doing well. He's getting grumpier.
My dad has always been a doer. Worked long hours. He was a furniture mover.
Even when he retired he worked for the blueberry company burning the fields and gathering branches for wreaths.
Now he can't walk, his hands don't work. I think it's just frustration.
There is so much he wants to do but can't. (I know the feeling)
He just turned 87 the 1st of the month. The cold gets to him even in the summer.
He would go outside in 0 weather with a t-shirt on in his younger days. brrr
But he grew up here in Maine, and it can be weatherizing, that's for sure.
Short tempered too, and turns everything you say around and makes it sound like an accusation.
I grow more patience daily.
Praise God
Hugs

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
He is doing well. He's getting grumpier.
My dad has always been a doer. Worked long hours. He was a furniture mover.
Even when he retired he worked for the blueberry company burning the fields and gathering branches for wreaths.
Now he can't walk, his hands don't work. I think it's just frustration.
There is so much he wants to do but can't. (I know the feeling)
He just turned 87 the 1st of the month. The cold gets to him even in the summer.
He would go outside in 0 weather with a t-shirt on in his younger days. brrr
But he grew up here in Maine, and it can be weatherizing, that's for sure.
Short tempered too, and turns everything you say around and makes it sound like an accusation.
I grow more patience daily.
Praise God
Hugs
@Ziggy Well.....I have to watch myself, not to get grumpy....

So he wasn't ever into tattoos himself, then...... :)

Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ziggy Well.....I have to watch myself, not to get grumpy....

So he wasn't ever into tattoos himself, then...... :)
He lives with a very bitter woman, so I'm sure that don't help either.

I broke a windshield wiper on the car. I had just baught the set only a few months ago.
They chrged me $45. 25 for the driver side and 20 for the passenger side.
So we were talking about when I would replace the broken one. I said when I can afford it. lol
Last week while I was visiting, the subject came up if I had fixed my wiper yet?
I said, I rigged it so it works until I get a new one.

His girl chirps in with,
Well I talked to my son and he said windshield wipers don't cost 25 dollars.

(mind you, my dad just handed me $40.00 for gas, which she claimed was for the windshield wiper)

always worrying about other people's money...

We were talking about the cost of propane and electricity. My dad covers the fuel and electricity here in the mobile home.
I offered to put it in my name and get fuel assistance so it wouldn't be so hard on him financially, but he declined.
Anywho...
We were talking, and I don't remember what was said, but she snapped at me about how she pays for the electric in her house, and I didn't need to worry about the cost of her electricity.
I almost shot back.. well my father's utility bills shouldn't really concern you then, right?

I just looked at dad, gave him a wink, thanked him for the pizza they had ordered for us to have lunch, and said I need to be on my way.
I'm going to go see about a windshield wiper.. lol

I think she nags him about me, and how much I am costing him by staying here.
Her trinkets are taking up 3 full buildings on the property.. let's talk about storage costs..

Any how, I'm just rambling..
She don't like me, she let's him know it, and I get hit with his frustrations.
It's ok, I'm a big girl. I can take it.

If I had teeth, my tongue would have been bit off long ago.. lol
But I see where it's coming from, so I can just shrug it off. She isn't my mother. I don't even know the woman.
And I don't need to be taking orders from her.
But I am respectful and will avoid hasty rebuttles, to the best of my ability.

The Lord put me here for a reason. He could of put me anywhere. But he chose here.
So until the Lord makes new travel plans for me, here I stay.
And when Dad needs care with his gout, or needs to use his walker and get some exercise, or just needs to runaway for awhile..
I'm here.
If something should happen and he needs a place to go, he always has his home to come back to.
He won't need to go into a nursing home to be cared for.
But she keeps telling him he should sell the property...
They're not married...
I wonder what she thinks is in it for her if something happens to him.
Truthfully, she wants it all, and is terrified that I'm in the picture.
I'm his last living child.
And no doubt she wishes I stayed far far away.
But it seems the Lord had other plans.

I'm not here for the property, I'm not here for anything.
Except a place where I can have my cats and be left in peace.

But some people only know how to project.
I'm not like her, and never will be.

Grumpy is ok if it's rightly directed.
But don't let it fester, it can be contagious.

Hugs

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My dad don't have any tattoos.
I have no idea what he thinks about them.
I have one, If I wear a low cut t-shirt you can see the head of the lion cub.
He's never mentioned it.

I am very cautious with the subjects I bring up with him, farouk.
You never know what might set off a tsunami.

:rolleyes: