Faith-based tattoo: as a result of one, did you ever talk with someone? (Poll included)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Faith-based tattoo: as a result of one, did you ever talk with someone?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ziggy Like I said, I have to watch myself also, not to get grumpy...

I'm sure time you spend 'in the sanctuary' in prayer and the Scriptures helps you deal with situations.
In real time. All the time.
The scriptures to me at this point are like a refresher course. The words are imbedded in my heart and mind.
I talk to the Lord when I get in the car and begin driving to see my dad. It's a 45 minute drive.
I hear a lot of warnings or hmm scriptures will come to mind reminding me of how to avoid being trapped in a difficult situation.
A lot of Proverbs, and verses of peace and contentment.
Those words are alive and active all the time.
I never read the bible from cover to cover. I don't memorize chapter and verse.
If a word comes to mind I research the bible for it, and it sends me on a journey.
I remember so much just from doing word searches. Their all connected.

My sanctuary is my temple, my temple is my body. And the Lord is always always always speaking to me.
I don't hear an audible voice. I hear verses and directions from whats been written.
If I need more clarification, I always have the bible to reference and dig deeper.

I am becoming what I eat.
:D

Hugs

Reactions: Lambano and amadeus

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Naomi25 So...after all the quarantine waiting...did you ever actually see your sister in the end - complete with new tattoo? :)
Nope! She was going to come down in January, but had to postpone her trip. We’ll be seeing her in May. Now…let’s hope when I DO see her, I don’t forget to ask about it!

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
In real time. All the time.
The scriptures to me at this point are like a refresher course. The words are imbedded in my heart and mind.
I talk to the Lord when I get in the car and begin driving to see my dad. It's a 45 minute drive.
I hear a lot of warnings or hmm scriptures will come to mind reminding me of how to avoid being trapped in a difficult situation.
A lot of Proverbs, and verses of peace and contentment.
Those words are alive and active all the time.
I never read the bible from cover to cover. I don't memorize chapter and verse.
If a word comes to mind I research the bible for it, and it sends me on a journey.
I remember so much just from doing word searches. Their all connected.

My sanctuary is my temple, my temple is my body. And the Lord is always always always speaking to me.
I don't hear an audible voice. I hear verses and directions from whats been written.
If I need more clarification, I always have the bible to reference and dig deeper.

I am becoming what I eat.

Hugs
@Ziggy: Prayer and the Scriptures daily are such a blessing, right? :)

Reactions: Ziggy

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Their choice of tattoo parlors was mostly based on proximity; it was only 10 minutes away
@Lambano I guess the availability of parlors has something to do with whether services are availed of or not; but I guess also sometimes once ink is gotten, years may go by before the wish for more ink arises, right?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
II have tattoos and don’t care if people like them or not. Thankful I did not get a tattoo that was regrettable in any case. Have thought about getting a new one which is a cross on top of my hand, reminding me of the Lord and to live for him daily which is hard for some even a struggle due to lack of understanding and knowledge.
@MatthewG Like @Abigail said recently, she finds that when ppl see hers on her wrist when she's paying for stuff at a check out, ppl might read it.

So I guess a hand area placement is a kind of investment/commitment for witness.

Last edited:

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ziggy Prayerfully read and meditated upon Scriptures, day by day: what a blessing and privilege! :)
Discernment is critical.

Jon 4:11 And should not I spare Nineveh, that great city, wherein are more than sixscore thousand persons that cannot discern between their right hand and their left hand; and also much cattle?

Our God is a Merciful God!
Hugs

Reactions: farouk

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ziggy Well, since he probably knows it's done so widely and so keenly, he may indeed think that any comments from him about yours would be unlikely to change your mind about it, one way or another...
He would of had to comment about the decision some 30+ years ago.. lol
Nothing to do about it now, it's done.
I don't recall my dad ever really taking notice of people's appearances.
I know he never noticed when my mom got her hair done, because she would tell me.. your father didn't even notice I got my hair done.
He never said anything about the clothes I wore, and there was a time there in my late teens..... I wouldn't get caught in them now.
No, dad was mostly concerned with your working habits. If you missed a day due to being sick, you heard about it for a month.
One of my brother's used to wear gold chains around his neck and rings on his fingers. Dad never commented about that.
But he wasn't happy with the gang he was hanging with, stealing cars, getting drunk, ending up in jail..etc..
But his attire? nope.

I had an idea for a tattoo though, from my last post.

Learn to Discern

probably written where I can see it everyday.
It's getting harder to do so. The lines are getting blurred. We need more Ink.
Hugs

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
We need more Ink.
Hugs
@Ziggy

Your remark reminds me of soul man's comment:

soul man said:
Tattooing in our day is big, if you need or want a tattoo, that is what you should have written in the biggest boldest lettering you can get. Stare at it daily, study it daily, it never gets old. It is the only message you need that flows from scripture in full depth of understanding for anyone that will pick it up and want to know something about it.

Kind of, "express a Scripture challenge clearly..."

Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
iu

something like that, only both hands palm up, with the words written between them.
just an idea..

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
iu

something like that, only both hands palm up, with the words written between them.
just an idea..
@Ziggy Oh interesting, yes. Like @Abigail said recently, she finds that when ppl see hers on her wrist when she's paying for stuff at a check out, ppl might read it.

So you think you might be able to get into witness conversations with ppl when they saw it and you could talk about the Jonah verse and the need to get Divine wisdom, etc.?

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ziggy Oh interesting, yes. Like @Abigail said recently, she finds that when ppl see hers on her wrist when she's paying for stuff at a check out, ppl might read it.

So you think you might be able to get into witness conversations with ppl when they saw it and you could talk about the Jonah verse and the need to get Divine wisdom, etc.?
I suppose one could farouk,
but not for me, not today.
It was just a thought.
I been thinking about discernment a lot and I see it keep coming up in different posts. (Funny how that works)

Amadeus had a post in "What If" thread,
and it was a quote from Hebrews:
Heb 5:14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

I was trying to play devil's advocate in the Canada thread in current events and politics.
Trying to make heads or tails of where this world is headed.
So far it looks like down to me,
but I know there is always an upside.

I'm just rambling tonight.. lots of thoughts rolling around my brain.
Hugs