Faith-based tattoo: as a result of one, did you ever talk with someone? (Poll included)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Faith-based tattoo: as a result of one, did you ever talk with someone?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Oh no. I really like it. Haven't had any regrets. ... I think the pastor's wife has a faith tattoo also. I think I saw one, but I can't remember.
...I'll help you look. Seems like that would be ultra sensitive place.
@Mayflower Re. those ones, including the wife of the preacher, since it's soooo widespread now it's not surprising if you did see her with one; but I guess the main challenge - like I was saying to @GodsGrace - can sometimes be what to have and where to place a suitable faith based tattoo design.

And in varyingly sensitive placements it kind of revolves in the end as well around whether in the long term it - as a fulfilllingly inked up testimony - would be considered in the long term worth having as a witness tool, really.

Reactions: GodsGrace

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
LOL
The Where better be someplace very visible!
(Or it can't be a witness...)
@GodsGrace Good point! Seems anyway now in the Bible Belt it's widely regarded as important for them to be visible:

QueenCat said:
Around here (Bible Belt), it is common, especially among evangelical Christians, for the girls under about 40 to have religious tattoos. More do than don't, especially when you get to the under 30 crowd. I hardly know any female at church that is under 30 that does not have a tattoo.
forums dot thewelltrainedmind dot com

I still think - as well as visibility - the question of whether the faith based design is well planned and effective as a witness is very important, though...

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
@GodsGrace Good point! Seems anyway now in the Bible Belt it's widely regarded as important for them to be visible:

QueenCat said:

forums dot thewelltrainedmind dot com

I still think - as well as visibility - the question of whether the faith based design is well planned and effective as a witness is very important, though...
Absolutely!
But don't you think this is true of every design?

What do you think of tattoos on the throat?

And,,,,,,
Do you get a cut of all tattoos done?
:rolleyes:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Absolutely!
But don't you think this is true of every design?

@GodsGrace Well, yes, in a sense, indeed; but I guess the particular context in mind was the effectiveness of a faith tattoo design as a witness tool and opportunity (Bible quote or ref., etc., Christian fish sign <><, or whatever - plus placement.).

What do you think of tattoos on the throat?
Well, I guess that placement shows quite some dedication....so have you seen any good throat designs that you quite liked?

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
@GodsGrace Well, yes, in a sense, indeed; but I guess the particular context in mind was the effectiveness of a faith tattoo design as a witness tool and opportunity (Bible quote or ref., etc., Christian fish sign <><, or whatever - plus placement.

Well, I guess that placement shows quite some dedication....so have you seen any good throat designs that you quite liked?
Farouk
I really dislike ink on the throat.
Any that I like?
No!
You got any?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Farouk
I really dislike ink on the throat.
Any that I like?
No!
You got any?
@GodsGrace Well, I was just following your point about throat ones, but no it doesn't seem to me like a really sensible placement. The one that Rita described seems like it was well planned and linked in with how she saw herself as a Christian woman and as you would agree and know she certainly certainly comes across as someone who would not rush into a design that was not well planned but who would instead do it in a deliberate and tranquil way after becoming really sure about it. (My venture years ago wasn't really successful and certainly not throat based.) If it's going to be done at all, it needs to be done joyfully and deliberately. And I think is was probably true for all the Christian young ppl with Bible verses tattooed with whom I have talked. Like that they were all really well planned and sure about doing it.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
@GodsGrace Well, I was just following your point about throat ones, but no it doesn't seem to me like a really sensible placement. The one that Rita described seems like it was well planned and linked in with how she saw herself as a Christian woman and as you would agree and know she certainly certainly comes across as someone who would not rush into a design that was not well planned but who would instead do it in a deliberate and tranquil way after becoming really sure about it. (My venture years ago wasn't really successful and certainly not throat based.) If it's going to be done at all, it needs to be done joyfully and deliberately. And I think is was probably true for all the Christian young ppl with Bible verses tattooed with whom I have talked. Like that they were all really well planned and sure about doing it.
Agreed about Rita.
The throat tattoos make me uncomfortable,,,don't know why.

I thought of this guy...
At least it's not all out of synch.

upload_2022-2-28_1-8-24.png

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Agreed about Rita.
The throat tattoos make me uncomfortable,,,don't know why.

I thought of this guy...
At least it's not all out of synch.

View attachment 20841
@GodsGrace Well, I kind of agree. I suppose that a neck tattoo - which I don't really like the idea of - is kind of like a sleeve design, only for the neck instead of the arm. My wife and I anyway were recently in a restaurant and the chatty and nice waitress had a full sleeve tattoo: it seems that sleeve tattoos have become really sought after by young women as well as young men.

Last edited:

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Can you double-check that scripture reference? Hosea 12 only has 14 verses.

BTW, if you use a colon instead of a period between chapter and verse, the site software will automatically generate a link to the referenced scripture. Very handy. Be sure to spell out full book name, i.e. "1 Corinthians 13:13", rather than abbreviate it "1 Cor. 13.13".
Hi lambano
Just came upon this...
I do the same when I'm on my phone.
It's just easier to use the period for separation instead of the colon.

You're right though.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for your post. So would you even say the same about a Christian young man or woman simply getting ears pierced?

Did Jesus ever pierce His ears?
Would Jesus get his ears pierced today?
I cannot imagine that happening.
Jesus is to be our example and not the world.
Also, the Old Testament specifically forbids tattoos and the New Covenant says not to defile the body (which would include potentially harmful inks and the risks involved from tattoos).

So the shedding of blood and going against what God has says in His Word is reason enough to run in the other direction.
It’s not our way, but Yahweh. So this life is not about doing things our way, but it’s about dongs things the Yahweh (or by the way of Christ).
For we are not our own. We are bought and paid for with a price.
We are to honor God with our body and not paint graffiti upon it and or stab it with holes so we can hang stuff in those holes.
Yes, we see it every day and it seems to be normal in this world, but that is not what the Lord has called us to follow.

So how about a T-shirt or arm badge that has the Bible verse?
How about a bible tract that has the plan of salvation?
You don’t need to promote something the Bible forbids to get bible verses out there. Also, how many people are led to the Lord by tattoo verses? Do they in turn become tattoo converts with bible verses? If so… that sounds like another religion that is not biblical. It’s why we are not Catholic. We don’t see their practices in the Bible and so we are not going to do that extra junk. It’s no different than what you are doing in promoting a practice that the Bible does not support (but in reality it actually condemns).

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Bible Highlighter Incidentally in Psalm 40. 'mine ears hast Thou opened' says in the original: 'digged', i.e., pierced, which links with the bondservant in Exodus 21 and seems to point forward to the Perfect Servant, Who was obedient unto death.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Oh, you just want to make me work harder to look up the scripture reference. :p
Work hard?
When I joined my first forum I used to TYPE OUT verses because I didn't know about Biblehub, Bible Gateway or Blue Letter Bible.

Whew!

Reactions: Lambano