Faith-based tattoo: as a result of one, did you ever talk with someone? (Poll included)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Faith-based tattoo: as a result of one, did you ever talk with someone?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Gonna die one day, why not go out with something that could be useful to the cause of Christ.

God bless brother.
@MatthewG Well....I see that Dave L says he regrets he never did it:

Dave L said:
I think when I was a young Christian, a scripture or Christian art Tattoo would have helped me stake a claim as a Christian and made people aware early on. It would have helped sort out friends from the start. So I regret not having that as an option during that time. .. If I found myself in a similar situation to when I was young, I'd probably have a tattoo

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You reminded me of that and I remember very fondly.

Dave L. Probably doesn't have regret in choosing faith in the Lord Jesus Christ,.

:)

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-~ Song ~ Do whatever you desire to do (May you be lead by the holy spirit), but do not forget about God, for the Father in heaven has made us right in his sight because of his Son Jesus Christ! ~

~ Keep Faith always and forever for it is what is needed to make it by ~

~Trust in God and the Lord, for they love all in the world ~ Dearly

~doo dooo ~la la la.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
You reminded me of that and I remember very fondly.
@MatthewG

I don't think I'm familiar with than song.....Maybe just sounded vaguely familiar, though...

Yes, and something Rita said is maybe a reminded that for many Christians it seems to be a relished experience, anyway:

Rita said:
I have never regretted my tattoo..I love the tattoo..the tattoo was not liberating-the tattoo represented the liberation and freedom that the Lord had brought me through.The tattoo in of itself was merely the means of expression and the reminder. ..there was thought, study, prayer and discernment involved-and I have always had complete peace about it. ..It’s on the inner part of my wrist and is not instantly visible, however it is a daily reminder of what the Lord has brought me through..

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Qoheleth I can see anyway you are familiar with the reasons which often motivate believers to go get faith based tattoos.
Honestly, I never gave it much thought. I was raised Southern Baptist—quite dispensationalist, I believe, and tattoos were for sailors and bikers, and considered fairly scandalous. I was taught that the Bible strictly forbids it and in a backslidden state I did it anyway. Later my conviction about the displeasure of God with body markings and cuttings was considerably deepened. I have no doubt that God has forgiven me completely for getting one. The reasons people get them are of no concern to me, really (no one needs my approval, I'm sure). My reason for getting one was that a few girls told me they thought it was cool. I was a drunk (alcohol is cheap on military bases) and an idiot. I'm just being honest. You seem like you approve enthusiastically of the practice. I get the distinct feeling you're trying to get me to concede something about this issue. Not gonna happen. Just being honest. It doesn't matter what I think. People are free to do as they please, for now. God will judge us all—not me.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Honestly, I never gave it much thought. I was raised Southern Baptist—quite dispensationalist, I believe, and tattoos were for sailors and bikers, and considered fairly scandalous. I was taught that the Bible strictly forbids it and in a backslidden state I did it anyway. Later my conviction about the displeasure of God with body markings and cuttings was considerably deepened. I have no doubt that God has forgiven me completely for getting one. The reasons people get them are of no concern to me, really (no one needs my approval, I'm sure). My reason for getting one was that a few girls told me they thought it was cool. I was a drunk (alcohol is cheap on military bases) and an idiot. I'm just being honest. You seem like you approve enthusiastically of the practice. I get the distinct feeling you're trying to get me to concede something about this issue. Not gonna happen. Just being honest. It doesn't matter what I think. People are free to do as they please, for now. God will judge us all—not me.
@Qoheleth Oh I'm not going to change your mind! :)

Put it down more to polite responses, I suppose.

Thanks for all your posts on the thread.....

Reactions: BarneyFife

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, yeah, yeah. I've heard it all before—'God is divided.'

What about the 1,050 commands in the New Testament?

Are we 'under' that law?

No we are not under "that" law! those commands are given us to show us the way to live as new creatures in Christ. Remember when we are born again, we have to unlearn our old ways and learn the new ways of walking in newness of life. those "commands" are given us to show us how to walk in that new life. They are not commands to make us righteous or make us saved, but show the glory of God in our new life.

BTW not one of those 1050 says anything about wearing or not wearing a tattoo.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Most definetly.
I have only ever truly had God and my 2 children in my heart.
@L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d

Seems like your surviving daughter will have already have introduced you to some artists. You can understand anyway why a lot of Christians can't wait to have it done, right?

f37bc5dce044ef8fad4c743d51617ee0.png
tattoosunlocked dot com

(Perhaps yours will be just a bit bigger, though....)

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
... listen to this:
A friend in London, a very young 50, got her first tattoo about 3 weeks ago. She's married, no children. She got her parents names on her arm.
I think that's so unusual.
Then she had a couple of hearts under the names...

PS: Hi @GodsGrace Actually it's probably not that unusual; others have said on here about family members of themselves getting family names on arms; if I'm not mistaken @L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d was intending to do it and @Pearl said back a bit:
My daughter is 56 and just got her first ones ...
One on each wrist with her children's names.

It's thought quite widely to be a nice idea, I think; it's prob. not that unusual...