Faith-based tattoo: as a result of one, did you ever talk with someone? (Poll included)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Faith-based tattoo: as a result of one, did you ever talk with someone?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I have my favorite Scripture on my arm, just the book, chapter and verse, not the entire Scripture. It has caused a couple conversations.
@EarlyMarksman It really does work, doesn't it? from time to time, as a conversation-starter.

It's what Christian young people do so often now as an assertion of their adulthood and Christian convictions.

So is it a well known Gospel verse of which you received the reference inked? I guess you prayed about it a lot before you went to the parlor.

EarlyMarksman

Aug 26, 2020
Alabama
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@EarlyMarksman It really does work, doesn't it? from time to time, as a conversation-starter.

It's what Christian young people do so often now as an assertion of their adulthood and Christian convictions.

So is it a well known Gospel verse of which you received the reference inked? I guess you prayed about it a lot before you went to the parlor.

As far as I know it is a lesser known verse. Matthew 10:33
And it was in some guy's house, not a parlor.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
As far as I know it is a lesser known verse. Matthew 10:33
And it was in some guy's house, not a parlor.
@EarlyMarksman Great verse there!

I talked to a young guy with John 3.16 on his arm, and to a young woman with John 3.16 on her wrist area.

If you were still living with mom and dad when you got your Bible ref. inked up, were they at all surprised when you did it, maybe?

It's anyway the sort of thing that many young Christians do now, both to show they have become adults and as a testimony.

EarlyMarksman

Aug 26, 2020
Alabama
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@EarlyMarksman Great verse there!

I talked to a young guy with John 3.16 on his arm, and to a young woman with John 3.16 on her wrist area.

If you were still living with mom and dad when you got your Bible ref. inked up, were they at all surprised when you did it, maybe?

It's anyway the sort of thing that many young Christians do now, both to show they have become adults and as a testimony.

I asked them what they thought. Mom was indifferent and Dad doesn't really like them.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Just did.
@EarlyMarksman Thnx for vote. When ppl ask you about it, kind of reinforces the decision to have it done, I guess, without regrets, right? Reminds me of 1 Peter 3.15: "But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear"

Reactions: EarlyMarksman

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@michaelvpardo So do you have any thoughts on the poll results so far? :) (...or maybe you're one of those ppl who prefer not to participate in polls, which is fine...)
I actually voted on the poll a while ago. I just don't care much about popular consensus (its given us such damnable things as ecumenism applied to world religions far removed from Christianity.)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I actually voted on the poll a while ago. I just don't care much about popular consensus (its given us such damnable things as ecumenism applied to world religions far removed from Christianity.)
@michaelvpardo Thanks; I was looking at the results, didn't see your name on the poll results, but maybe it's just my screen.....

I agree about ecumenism.

EarlyMarksman

Aug 26, 2020
Alabama
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@EarlyMarksman Thnx for vote. When ppl ask you about it, kind of reinforces the decision to have it done, I guess, without regrets, right? Reminds me of 1 Peter 3.15: "But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear"

Well sometimes I do regret that I put it on the outside of my forearm. Walking through the woods you can get caught up in thorns and scratch it, or for a better example: at work I burned one of the 3's in Matthew 10:33 on the exhaust pipe of an off-road vehicle.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Well sometimes I do regret that I put it on the outside of my forearm. Walking through the woods you can get caught up in thorns and scratch it, or for a better example: at work I burned one of the 3's in Matthew 10:33 on the exhaust pipe of an off-road vehicle.
@EarlyMarksman Well, from that perspective would inside arm have been better?

You might not get any more ink; your other arm might stay inkless, or else if you did get more, would inside arm be better?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
maybe I forgot to click the cast your vote button, but I did it now to be sure.
@michaelvpardo Thanks for your vote! :)

Yes, from various differing perspectives, whether it's nurses using their ink as ice-breakers with their patients and their family members, or Christians getting to talk to ppl (a bit like @EarlyMarksman just said about his), they do from a pragmatic point of view work....

Reactions: michaelvpardo