Faith healings don't happen anymore; can you prove otherwise? (Either the age has passed or it has not)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Faith healings dont happen anymore" Correct.
Notice when these charismatic TV evangelists fail to "heal" they accuse the sick of not having enough faith?
The REALITY: The Scriptures put the faith on the person praying for healing!!!

You think a true believer cannot pray for an atheist to be healed of an affirmity?
I pray that those who are lost and sick dont die but recover so God will give them more time to believe.

James teaches those praying for the sick, it is their faith that must be strong!
This means those TV crooks, when they cant heal dont have enough faith!!!

James 5:14-15,
- is anyone among you sick let him call for the elders of the church and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord,
And the prayer of faith(the elders faith not the sick) will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up and if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven.

Also very important!!!
Notice how some wrongly teach it is sin that causes one to become diseased?
Listen to James,

- if, if, if, he has committed sins...

This proves sickness can be absent of sin!!!

Also all miraculous healings have ceased,
1Corinthians 13: 1-13. Cessation of miracles when the perfect(Bible) is come that which is in part(miraculous gifts) will be done away, 1Corinthians 13:10

Last edited:

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever noticed those who believe in miraculous healing today never see it when its happening?
It's always someone else telling this story that happened to another person in another country or they claim they saw it on tv!!!

If miracles occur today, why does no one perform one right in front of me?
I'm more than happy to come and see it. But those who claim it always refuse my offer.

btw, remember it's not my lack of faith why I dont witness miracles.
Remember Jesus and His apostles performed miracles in front of unbelievers so that they might get faith!!!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well......just been reading this thread.
Another faith destroying thread for some.
Therefore let us not give up hope in trusting that Yahava by and through his spirit and the spirit of Christ, loves unbeliever and believer alike and sends his rain on them the same. It is amazing that in the Poetry of Job, he never gave up faith, even while in terrible conditions.

That is why its good to not give up hope, be sure to take of oneself apply wisdom and knowledge through the fear of the LORD, praying about for all people, event, police, president, sick, lost, addicted, and to continue to look to him to support you through that spiritual connection in which you are made right with Yahava by faith and he pleased with this and rewards those who seek him out diligently.

To be thankful in our lives even through suffering, truamas, sickness, diease, loss of a limb, loss of a family member.

Continue to hold on to faith, (despite just healings; cause there are thousands of cases for people who are blind, mute, deaf, autistic, suffering injuries to the head, abnormal births, and if people are just placing their hope on God just to be healed, and they arent; even refusing to take medications that could potentially help; they just die… were they faithful or unfaithful?)

Reactions: Triumph1300

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most Christians here on this forum do not accept your views in general.
You are a universalist,
an amillennialist and
a 32 year old puffed up talker who doesn't walk the walk, living at home with your parents or whoever is supporting you, milking them, not working. People with weak faith at least go out and work for a living.
Grow up, be faithful to
get a job and
do something productive in your life - it's definitely not what you think you are doing in this forum. Then maybe after 30 years of actually living responsibly, you can then share something of value.
That is a way to judge someone. Whether or not a person believes in a certain view or not, does not mean people have to believe or accept it for themselves. After all Ronald this is just a public forum with the name “Christian” in the title. Youre also posting on a debate thread, so sorry if you may personally feel frustrated because of disagreeing and decide to go this route instead, sir. Always hope the best for you, your family and all the people on the board, @Ronald David Bruno.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shittim

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is a way to judge someone. Whether or not a person believes in a certain view or not, does not mean people have to believe or accept it for themselves. After all Ronald this is just a public forum with the name “Christian” in the title. Youre also posting on a debate thread, so sorry if you may personally feel frustrated because of disagreeing and decide to go this route instead, sir. Always hope the best for you, your family and all the people on the board, @Ronald David Bruno.
I apologize for being mean. I felt gulity and was just going to erase it, but I was too late. Your life is none of my business, I got personal and went against forum rules. It is not for me to rebuke anyone. Personal rebuke needs to come from family and friends who actually know us. It won't happen again.

Reactions: Shittim

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is why I believe, that doctors are in existence, to help those who are physically ill, the need of treatment or surgery. You know sometimes the question become like so, Jane had her cancer healed by God, why isn't God healing me!?

That is why to me personally, the greatest healing is of the heart, by the new spiritual being in Christ, adopted as a Child of God, and learning to abide in Him, rather than in oneself, though all us living a broken world, however it has been reconciled to Yahava, and those who look to him in faith, despite failing health... is that good?
I wasn’t disagreeing with you. When I was first diagnosed with MS I spent a year or more reading for verses on physical healings. That is all I read, having not read the Bible before that. But I wanted (no demanded) something from God now. I had all the verses tapped to my walls that promised God would heal the MS if I just had enough faith. But then I started to take those verses down one by one instead of reciting them, noticing they spoke of a Spiritual healing. I hoped they were concerning the disease my doctors had put a name to. I’ve shared it before on here (on the board) several times that the first “healing” passage that truly ever spoke to me…not one gotten from sermons on faith healing or what others told me healing is…but this one passage spoke to me more than all those combined I had taped to my wall. It was in Job where God can and does cut torrents (I see this as trenching, or to make deep careens or crevices, or shovels out the hard rocky dirt to make a blazing path) to give water(all you who thirst come to Me) to a dry parched land where no man is, to make the tender herd grow.

First, it says to me that if God cares enough to make a way for water in a land where no man is …if he cares enough for that which is desolate, a dry land…then surely He cares about my suffering.

Second, I see Christ as the tender herb that the water runs deep through the careens, trenches, and path blazed to deliver water to “the tender plant” (make straight the way of the Lord). That “path” that God speaks of in Job to Isaiah “a tender plant” in the very passage where “we are healed by His stripes” it begins with “He is will grow up before us as a tender plant out of dry ground” “a man of sorrows and knowing grief”

Third, I see also water runs deep through careens, trenches, to make a blazing way to give water so the tender plant (Christ) grows up …rooted…in us too. I’m just thinking about this now that maybe the path that God “cuts” to make a way for the water to reach a desolate land where no man is, so that the tender plant grows …the path “cut” the “torrents” could be our trials and tribulations and sufferings “if need be for a season you are in heaviness that the testing of your Faith may be found to the glory of God”. So then the question becomes is the path or way cut(cruelty) to make a way for the water to grow up the tender plant out of dry ground?

Forth) God cuts torrents (what are those torrents) to deliver water to a dry desolate land where no man is. Then in Job one springs forth as “a tender plant out from dry ground”
Immediately it sounds like a desolate land where man does not populate. But there is another definition of “where no man is” found in
Revelation 5:2-4 And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the book, and to loose the seals thereof? [3] And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon. [4] And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon.
How significant in Job, God proclaims He will cut torrents to make a way for the water to nourish the “tender plant” to grow (he becomes a quick study, full of the Spirit) whom we look upon and desire him not, considering Him stricken of God…a man of sorrows …yet He carried our burdens.

Sorry I know that is a lot. But to me that is one of the healing passages that should be posted on walls. It doesn’t criticize of “if you’ll just have faith enough” …no it says God will cut torrents or blaze a path for the water to reach the desolate land. I do agree with you Matthew, but at the same time when I first started seeing it speaks of Spiritual healing the first thing I did was take a sledgehammer and start slinging at physical faith healers because I’d spent a year with the verses tapped to my walls. Now I regret bringing out the sledgehammer. along with Spiritual healing comes the warning to not destroy those weaker and how the strong ought to support the weak. How those feeble parts of the body which we find less honorable are necessary. That we be taught of Him “that you ought to love one another”. what happens if with our knowledge we destroy those weak? Then we sin against Christ? Then we walk not in the Spirit of charity but instead after the flesh. I don’t know if God physically heals today. Who am I to say? I’m thankful though for that passage in Job and that God CAN cut a torrent (make straight paths) for the water so the tender plant grows.

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wasn’t disagreeing with you. When I was first diagnosed with MS I spent a year or more reading for verses on physical healings. That is all I read, having not read the Bible before that. But I wanted (no demanded) something from God now. I had all the verses tapped to my walls that promised God would heal the MS if I just had enough faith. But then I started to take those verses down one by one instead of reciting them, noticing they spoke of a Spiritual healing. I hoped they were concerning the disease my doctors had put a name to. I’ve shared it before on here (on the board) several times that the first “healing” passage that truly ever spoke to me…not one gotten from sermons on faith healing or what others told me healing is…but this one passage spoke to me more than all those combined I had taped to my wall. It was in Job where God can and does cut torrents (I see this as trenching, or to make deep careens or crevices, or shovels out the hard rocky dirt to make a blazing path) to give water(all you who thirst come to Me) to a dry parched land where no man is, to make the tender herd grow.

First, it says to me that if God cares enough to make a way for water in a land where no man is …if he cares enough for that which is desolate, a dry land…then surely He cares about my suffering.

Second, I see Christ as the tender herb that the water runs deep through the careens, trenches, and path blazed to deliver water to “the tender plant” (make straight the way of the Lord). That “path” that God speaks of in Job to Isaiah “a tender plant” in the very passage where “we are healed by His stripes” it begins with “He is will grow up before us as a tender plant out of dry ground” “a man of sorrows and knowing grief”

Third, I see also water runs deep through careens, trenches, to make a blazing way to give water so the tender plant (Christ) grows up …rooted…in us too. I’m just thinking about this now that maybe the path that God “cuts” to make a way for the water to reach a desolate land where no man is, so that the tender plant grows …the path “cut” the “torrents” could be our trials and tribulations and sufferings “if need be for a season you are in heaviness that the testing of your Faith may be found to the glory of God”. So then the question becomes is the path or way cut(cruelty) to make a way for the water to grow up the tender plant out of dry ground?

Forth) God cuts torrents (what are those torrents) to deliver water to a dry desolate land where no man is. Then in Job one springs forth as “a tender plant out from dry ground”
Immediately it sounds like a desolate land where man does not populate. But there is another definition of “where no man is” found in
Revelation 5:2-4 And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the book, and to loose the seals thereof? [3] And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon. [4] And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon.
How significant in Job, God proclaims He will cut torrents to make a way for the water to nourish the “tender plant” to grow (he becomes a quick study, full of the Spirit) whom we look upon and desire him not, considering Him stricken of God…a man of sorrows …yet He carried our burdens.

Sorry I know that a lot. But to me that is one of the healing passages that should be posted on walls. It doesn’t criticize of “if you’ll just have faith enough” …no it says God will cut torrents or blaze a path for the water to reach the desolate land. I do agree with you Matthew, but at the same time when I first started seeing it speaks of Spiritual healing the first thing I did was take a sledgehammer and start slinging at physical faith healers because I’d spent a year with the verses tapped to my walls. Now I regret bringing out the sledgehammer. along with Spiritual healing comes the warning to not destroy those weaker and how the strong ought to support the weak. How those feeble parts of the body which we find less honorable are necessary. That we be taught of Him “that you ought to love one another”. what happens if with our knowledge we destroy those weak? Then we sin against Christ? Then we walk not in the Spirit of charity but instead after the flesh. I don’t know if God physically heals today. Who am I to say? I’m thankful though for that passage in Job and that God CAN cut a torrent (make straight paths) for the water so the tender plant grows.
I’m not sure is “careens” of “torrents” is the right words. But preparing the soil for more favorable conditions…point is do our suffering and hardships as Job shows promote seed germination and vegetative growth.
Google..think the conditions of the heart: A rough soil surface allows surface ponding that protects lime, fertilizer and seed and decreases erosion potential. Grooves in the soil are cooler and provide more favorable moisture conditions than hard, smooth surfaces. These conditions promote seed germination and vegetative growth.

Shittim

Nov 19, 2020
Iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The verse "My sheep know my voice" resonates, He didn't say "My sheep read my book". Since the first chapter we were meant to be in relationship with the Father, sin separated us, now our Savior has paid the price for our restoral to one on one relationship.
John Wimbers Signs and wonders conference is one of the foundations of growth in this area that I know of.

XFire

May 14, 2022
San jose
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow. Again more bad theology.
The doctrine of healing is the same doctrine of forgiveness of sins. Christ paid the price to bring you back into the perfection you were created in.
Eph 4.13, 2Cor 5.21, rom 12.3, and John 3 34.
We have all been given the same measure of faith, grace, HS, and have the ability to have the same stature as Christ!
If we ain't healing isn't cause of you faith. Its your unbelief.

In heb 6.1. We are told to quit drinking milk (the doctrine of salvation/repentance) and move to the doctrine of perfection as also in eph 4.13.

Christian. Grow up and start eating meat.
Become who God created you to be