Faith healings don't happen anymore; can you prove otherwise? (Either the age has passed or it has not)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are Christians out there that believe you can be healed, and all you need is faith.

Now let me tell you, there is a healing that I do believe in but it is not phsyical, it's spiritual. It's the spiritual renewing of the born again heart of a newborn Christian who is renewed by and through the spirit once they make the decision that through that narrative of the Gospel and the letters, that Yeshua is the Lord of Lord and King of Kings, and they go to the cross and die with him, and are buried with their old man with him, and raised again with him in newness of life.

All through the Narrative you have apostles and some disciples out there healing others, even making a beggars ankles healed in front of the beautiful gate, in the name of Jesus Christ.

But why doesn't thinks like this happen today??

It's because the age that once was done away with an no longer needed. Jesus healed phsyically to show he was from God, it was God who healed by and through him, and then you have the Apostles who went and healed, even cast out demons, even raised the dead. Sometimes they did not have enough faith, or it required fasting and prayer for something ot be cast out.

However you have these people out here playing games with peoples hearts:

Like I stated before there is only one type of healing and it is the healing of the human soul from darkness into light, by and through faith in the resurrected Christ Jesus, and learning the word of God.

However, can you prove to anyone, that you have been healed psyhcally because of faith and someone laid hands on you to do such?

It would be harder than a whip stretched out to hit a dolphin on the nose in the middle of the sea if you ask me to prove that it has happened to you.

Can God though do miracles, and have a cancer shrink? Sure, can God also use DOCTORS to help you get cancer out sure?

But how can these signs that were once DOMINATE in the first century timeline, have just ceased to exist as it seems today, nothing like such wonders of a blind man can really be able to be healed to see, or a woman with 12 years worth of problems have her back straightend up when Jesus was there, or how about a widow who just lost his Son and Jesus rose him up and gave him back to him.

ARe these not all pictures and types of psyhcial healings that could be seen as pictures and types of spiritual healings of the mind/will/emotion, like the woman with the blood problem, set her eyes on jesus and she was healed can that not be a story of a person who suffered from 12 years of drug related problems and looked towards Jesus and was healed today?

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The following is a testimony of the father of my old pastor, as my pastor told it to me:

His father was a full-blooded Chippewa Indian from London, Ontario, Canada who served in the armed forces of Canada in World War One. He returned from France with life-threatening lung problems caused by Chlorine gas inhaled during his military duty in France. The seriousness of his condition made him very despondent and while walking the streets of London, Ontario, Canada feeling sorry for himself, he heard music coming from a building on Dumbas Street. Wanting to know what it was all about, he went inside to investigate. It was a revival service. His only previous religious background was what his parents had taught him according to old beliefs of the Chippewa tribe.

He went into that Christian revival meeting during which he repented of his sins. Shortly thereafter in March of 1919 he was baptized in the very cold Thames River in Ontario. A short time later he returned to see his physician, Dr. [name omitted purposely], who showed him the latest X-Rays of his lungs.

The doctor said, "When I first took X-Rays, one of your lungs had been completely destroyed by the gas and the other lung was severely damaged. Today the X-Ray shows you have two new lungs, and I don't understand it!"
The newly converted and now healed man was soon singing gospel songs on a Canadian street corner. Across the street a Salvation Army group including [name purposely omitted] was also singing. Those two young people met there on the street and were later married. They became the parents of my old pastor, who died in November of 2022 at the age of 97.

That healed Canadian Indian soon became a preacher/teacher of the gospel himself working in Canada and the United States. And while he never claimed a gift of healing himself, he gained a reputation among those who attended his meetings as "the Indian Healer". Many people would come to his meetings to prayed for...and quite a number them received what anyone would call miraculous physical healings from God.

Give God the glory!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are countless numbers of people out there who have claimed to be healed by others, however still died from cancer or other ailments.

This not to knock God who can perhaps heal something inside of you, but that doesn't even mean God had a touch at all either... You might have started eating right and your ailments start healing up. You may have just simply stopped worry as much and had less an anxiety and your ailments heal up as you trust God even if you were to die.

So what is there to believe about these things?

Thank you for sharing a story, of long ago, Amadeus, I am skeptical of it.

Reactions: The Learner

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are Christians out there that believe you can be healed, and all you need is faith.

Now let me tell you, there is a healing that I do believe in but it is not phsyical, it's spiritual. It's the spiritual renewing of the born again heart of a newborn Christian who is renewed by and through the spirit once they make the decision that through that narrative of the Gospel and the letters, that Yeshua is the Lord of Lord and King of Kings, and they go to the cross and die with him, and are buried with their old man with him, and raised again with him in newness of life.

All through the Narrative you have apostles and some disciples out there healing others, even making a beggars ankles healed in front of the beautiful gate, in the name of Jesus Christ.

But why doesn't thinks like this happen today??

It's because the age that once was done away with an no longer needed. Jesus healed phsyically to show he was from God, it was God who healed by and through him, and then you have the Apostles who went and healed, even cast out demons, even raised the dead. Sometimes they did not have enough faith, or it required fasting and prayer for something ot be cast out.

However you have these people out here playing games with peoples hearts:

Like I stated before there is only one type of healing and it is the healing of the human soul from darkness into light, by and through faith in the resurrected Christ Jesus, and learning the word of God.

However, can you prove to anyone, that you have been healed psyhcally because of faith and someone laid hands on you to do such?

It would be harder than a whip stretched out to hit a dolphin on the nose in the middle of the sea if you ask me to prove that it has happened to you.

Can God though do miracles, and have a cancer shrink? Sure, can God also use DOCTORS to help you get cancer out sure?

But how can these signs that were once DOMINATE in the first century timeline, have just ceased to exist as it seems today, nothing like such wonders of a blind man can really be able to be healed to see, or a woman with 12 years worth of problems have her back straightend up when Jesus was there, or how about a widow who just lost his Son and Jesus rose him up and gave him back to him.

ARe these not all pictures and types of psyhcial healings that could be seen as pictures and types of spiritual healings of the mind/will/emotion, like the woman with the blood problem, set her eyes on jesus and she was healed can that not be a story of a person who suffered from 12 years of drug related problems and looked towards Jesus and was healed today?
I don't think casting doubt on people is spiritually healthy. That said I will share my testimony of healings I have witnessed.

My brother died for 15 minutes and was brought back to life, he should have been brain dead and is now doing fine.

My ex wife had an illness damaging her insides that they checked on with ultrasounds. We performed the healing ordinance on her and God healed her. That was verified with ultra sounds.

Matthew, you are posting videos of what are probably crack pots and fakes. But I assure you God heals today as he has always done.

Let me post my own video, and there are countless testimonies that come from Hospitals and Clinics where people have been healed: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...n-nation-mom-prays-son-back-to-life/22883985/

Reactions: amadeus

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think casting doubt on people is spiritually healthy. That said I will share my testimony of healings I have witnessed.
What does it matter to them if I doubt?
My brother died for 15 minutes and was brought back to life, he should have been brain dead and is now doing fine.
That is great to hear that your brother came back to, as you do care for your brother and love him, glad he is doing fine.
My ex wife had an illness damaging her insides that they checked on with ultrasounds. We performed the healing ordinance on her and God healed her. That was verified with ultra sounds.
This is still subjective between you and your ex-wife. Maybe she stopped worrying as much and was not as anxious and her insides perhaps started repairing as stress can do a number on the body. Perhaps it was that alone time with God that helped her body relax to heal.
Matthew, you are posting videos of what are probably crack pots and fakes. But I assure you God heals today as he has always done.
No one said that God is not able to heal. Turning ones attention from the flesh to the spiritual can actually help in great lengths for the body.
Let me post my own video, and there are countless testimonies that come from Hospitals and Clinics where people have been healed: Mom prays, dead son comes back to life
Sure, things happen and it is amazing, but doctors are there to help people who have critical conditions, and can be shocked back to life.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There was a friend of mine, that had a choice to pull the plug on their son as he had been a coma after all the prayers and everything, they decided to pull the plug a few weeks ago...

Good news? Bad news? Resurrection? Heavenly Realm? God above? New spiritual bodies?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does it matter to them if I doubt?

That is great to hear that your brother came back to, as you do care for your brother and love him, glad he is doing fine.

This is still subjective between you and your ex-wife. Maybe she stopped worrying as much and was not as anxious and her insides perhaps started repairing as stress can do a number on the body. Perhaps it was that alone time with God that helped her body relax to heal.

No one said that God is not able to heal. Turning ones attention from the flesh to the spiritual can actually help in great lengths for the body.

Sure, things happen and it is amazing, but doctors are there to help people who have critical conditions, and can be shocked back to life.
You need to learn more about medicine so that you can make informed judgments MatthewG. You totally blew past the fact that in two of the stories I shared where people died physically their brain should have perished from lack of oxygen. Also the doctor with my wife was in shock as she said "I don't understand, this shouldn't have healed".

Also you are casting doubt on others and promoting it with this thread. I understand it's your belief, but you did open up the discussion stating that God doesn't heal anymore. I don't know who you are following on the internet, but I would suggest finding people who have faith.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You need to learn more about medicine so that you can make informed judgments MatthewG. You totally blew past the fact that in two of the stories I shared where people died physically their brain should have perished from lack of oxygen. Also the doctor with my wife was in shock as she said "I don't understand, this shouldn't have healed".

Also you are casting doubt on others and promoting it with this thread. I understand it's your belief, but you did open up the discussion stating that God doesn't heal anymore. I don't know who you are following on the internet, but I would suggest finding people who have faith.

If you doubt God, that is on you my friend. Not me. Miracles still happen I dont doubt that.

I think you don't understand the original post if you did not read it before joining here, to share.

Same thing with Amadeus.

I believe you both just posted just to post like I tend to do sometimes.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you doubt God, that is on you my friend. Not me. Miracles still happen I dont doubt that.

I think you don't understand the original post if you did not read it before joining here, to share.

Same thing with Amadeus.

I believe you both just posted just to post like I tend to do sometimes.
I read your OP MatthewG and amadeus probably did as well. It sounds like you don't believe healings still happen. Is that not what you were trying to say? In fact your last post before this one also said that. I got the idea of your posts just fine.

Are you OK MatthewG? you just tried to assert that I doubt God, which is totally a lie. And my posts testify to that fact.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I read your OP MatthewG and amadeus probably did as well.\
I don't know if that is really true.
It sounds like you don't believe healings still happen. Is that not what you were trying to say?
I am saying that people saying that they got their hands laid on by someone they were healed doesn't happen today... did you not read the original post throughly and address it? As you just said you read it?
In fact your last post before this one also said that. I got the idea of your posts just fine.
Okay.
Are you OK MatthewG? you just tried to assert that I doubt God, which is totally a lie. And my posts testify to that fact.
I did not assert that you doubt God. It was a generalized statement.

"If you doubt God", that doesn't have anything to do with you specifically... It's a general statement. Same thing like when you read the words of Jesus and you see the word 'you'.

It's a shame people take things so personally... They tend to get really defensive.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 14:12 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father. 13 And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just posting Scripture doesn't mean anything, Dev553344...

He is talking to his disciples...

Jesus Comforts His Disciples​

14 “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God[a]; believe also in me. 2 My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. 4 You know the way to the place where I am going.”

Jesus the Way to the Father​

5 Thomas said to him, “Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?”

6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. 7 If you really know me, you will know[b] my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.”

8 Philip said, “Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us.”

9 Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. 11 Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the works themselves. 12 Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.13 And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.

Jesus Promises the Holy Spirit​

15 “If you love me, keep my commands. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be[c] in you. 18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. 19 Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. 20 On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. 21 Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them.”

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I am able to heal my son from his massive burns from the fire accident just by beliving God can heal him, and he doesn't that is FALSE HOPE my guy, asking in Jesus name. @dev553344

people miss the point... and scripture pulling one verse here or one verse there doesn't account for anything...

All of the Bible book of Matthew - needs all the chapters of matthew to make full sense.
All of the bible book of Mark - needs all the chapters of Mark to make full sense.
All of the bible book of Luke - needs all the chapters of Luke to make full sense.
All of the bible book of John - needs all the chapters of John to make full sense.

All the bible narrative from beginning to end from Genesis to Revelation is needed to make full sense.

Not just a line here or a line there. Especially to people who may or may not even know the full context or scope.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now am I saying you should not pray for people who are in need of recovery, or need of surgery, or in need of direction?

Absoultely not.

Prayer is the most powerful tool as Christians we have - but God is not gonna say YES to every single thing we pray for ...

And sometimes people do not like the answer of NO.

Sometimes it might just be dead silence and you wonder if God is even there.

The reality of the scope is that Jesus died, we have to die eventually, with hope being resurrected and going forward from this life to be with God judged and given our spiritual body...

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What can we ask from God in the name of JEsus Christ?

Aside from praying for other people.

You can pray to God about all your difficult issues, and you can pray to God to help you by the holy spirit to have peace, patience, kindness, forbearance as the bible protest.

You can ask God to be there for your loved one and to help you be a person of faith, and to not doubt like thomas had done, and you can talk and pray to God about your addictions, or trouble with greed or lust, or whatever it is.

You can ask God to be with the doctors that a person may be going to see for surgery.

And over all prayer to God, gets you away from your fleshly proclitives of what you worry about or are anxious about on a daily basis, and that could heal your body in time, though you will eventually die.

You can not ask God in the essence of Greed or for selfish things as James the Apostles says people should not expect to recieve anything from the Lord.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did a series on the Gospels MAtthew - John but due to meth relapse i was not able to finish bible reading in a month @dev553344, so I already know about the scriptures and everything, you can ask God in JEsus name to help you and to help others in their lives and I am not against it.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did a series on the Gospels MAtthew - John but due to meth relapse i was not able to finish bible reading in a month @dev553344, so I already know about the scriptures and everything, you can ask God in JEsus name to help you and to help others in their lives and I am not against it.

I was once healed by healers laying their hands on me MatthewG. I had pink eye and my eyes had shut closed. They performed the healing and within minutes I was healed to see again. It's really too bad that you have no faith in man and those called to heal.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Healings don't always happen even for someone that has the gift of healing. It always must be God's will. And some healings require fasting and prayer.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was once healed by healers laying their hands on me MatthewG. I had pink eye and my eyes had shut closed. They performed the healing and within minutes I was healed to see again. It's really too bad that you have no faith in man and those called to heal.

Idk if that is true. Could be, may not be, don't have it on video just have hearsay, therefore it is a subjective experience and maybe it is true.

it doesn't bother me, and hopefully it doesn't bother you that I am skeptical.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How are you certain that God never heals today? Are we just supposed to dismiss anyone who says they have been healed by God to support that belief?

A woman from the Netherlands was recently healed at a service from a debilitating physical condition that left her bedridden and relying on others. I still have the testimony she typed. I remember her attitude before she was healed. She loved the Lord and was going to follow Him whether He healed her or not.

But when she told me how she was healed by God and had a whole life to live now, I rejoiced!