Faith healings don't happen anymore; can you prove otherwise? (Either the age has passed or it has not)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Because they "know Him not" is the first thing coming to mind.
There are only two groups of people who will not receive salvation…..
2 Thess 1:7-8….you mentioned one group…
“But you who suffer tribulation will be given relief along with us at the revelation of the Lord Jesus from heaven with his powerful angels 8 in a flaming fire, as he brings vengeance on those who do not know God and those who do not obey the good news about our Lord Jesus.”

So those who “do not know God”…not because they have never heard of him, but those who don’t want to know him…and the other group are those who know but do not obey all that Christ taught. They pick and choose what is convenient and ignore the things they choose not to do.
"Religion" messed up a lot, man made "churches" conning people into thinking they have to jump through religious hoops to get themselves right when Jesus said at the end, "It is finished", He did it all.
When Jesus said “it is finished” he was talking about his mission, now completed with the sacrifice of his life….his end of the bargain was done, and now it was up to his disciples to continue the work he started.
If Jesus’ work was finished, then no one would need to do anything that Jesus taught….his death would cover any sin from then on…..but is that what he said?…or is it an assumption on the part of those to whom it appeals? It might sound good to assume that, but unless we continue to “obey the gospel”, we will fall into that second category…the one you did not mention.

There is still something required of us, and that is to stay on the cramped and narrow road to life. (Matt 7:13-14) Why is the entry onto this road “narrow”? Because it has requirements for entry…biblical principles that replaced God’s written laws under the new covenant, all taught by Jesus Christ. Everything the law taught was founded on the “two greatest commandments”….”love for God” (the same self sacrificing spirit that Jesus himself displayed in doing the will of his Father rather than his own. John 5:30) and “love for our neighbor as ourself”.

Why is the road “cramped”? Because we cannot allow the flesh to dominate the “Christian” personality that Jesus’ teachings engender in us. As Christ submitted to God in all things, so should we. Something is required of us and it is our part of the bargain. Just as the Jews vowed to keep God’s laws (as they did of their own volition) he expected obedience from them. If they strayed, he punished them, sometimes very severely. Why would he expect less from us?
Unless we live in accord with Christ’s teachings and “do the will of the Father” there will be no salvation. (Matt 7:21-23)

In what ways do Christendom’s churches fail to obey the teachings of the Christ? I can think of several as these were the things that bothered me enough to leave that divided mess many decades ago.

1) They were up to their necks in politics, imagining that their political candidates were Christians….yet Jesus said his kingdom was “NO PART“ of this world because all the nations are governed by one ruler…satan the devil. (1 John 5:19) There is no such thing as a “Christian” politician…they are all under the rule of God’s enemy, whether they realize it or not. (John 18:36, Luke 4:5-7)

2) They supported the bloodshed of war, sending their members to fight and kill enemies of their nation when we are to be “no part” of that. Most especially was this emphasized in the two world wars of last century….so called “Christians” were killing their own “brothers” of the opposing nation over politics. (1 John 4:20-21)

3) They fail to obey Jesus‘ final command to his disciples (Matt 28:19-20) to take the gospel (good news) out to the people as he instructed. (Matt 10:11-14; Luke 10:1) They sit in their church buildings and wait for people to come to them…..that is not what Christ commanded. It was an active ‘search and rescue’ mission that all of Christ’s disciples were to undertake. (Rev 22:17)

4) They promote pagan celebrations dressed up to resemble something “Christian” when they know full well that these are not, and never were “Christian“ events…..but they insist that the pagan (not to mention commercial) trappings of these events somehow honor Christ…..

In view of the apostle Paul’s words in 2 Cor 6:14-18…..
”Do not become unevenly yoked with unbelievers. For what fellowship do righteousness and lawlessness have? Or what sharing does light have with darkness? 15 Further, what harmony is there between Christ and Beʹli·al? Or what does a believer share in common with an unbeliever? 16 And what agreement does God’s temple have with idols? For we are a temple of a living God; just as God said: “I will reside among them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people.”17 “‘Therefore, get out from among them, and separate yourselves,’ says Jehovah, ‘and quit touching the unclean thing’”; “‘and I will take you in.’”18 “‘And I will become a father to you, and you will become sons and daughters to me,’ says Jehovah, the Almighty.”……..What part of these instructions was it OK to ignore? We are told to get out of that “unclean” religious system, that thinks combining true worship with false worship is OK with God…..it never was, and never will be. It is the very thing he punished Israel for doing. (1 Kings 18:21; 2 Cor 7:1)

Decisions have to be made and when Christ returns as judge, (very soon now) he will make known who were “doing the will of the Father”…and who were doing their own version of that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shittim

Shittim

Nov 19, 2020
Iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
His mission was "finished" in His atoning work, He modeled how the Father wants all to live, and He only did what He saw the Father do, and only said what He heard the Father say.
blessings

Last edited:
Reactions: The Learner

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello, can you explain with that scripture he used pertains to the nature of Jesus and your over all thoughts on it if you would like to share I would like to hear.
Hebrews 13:7-9
Easy-to-Read Version
7 Remember your leaders. They taught God’s message to you. Remember how they lived and died, and copy their faith. 8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. 9 Don’t let all kinds of strange teachings lead you into the wrong way. Depend only on God’s grace for spiritual strength, not on rules about foods. Obeying those rules doesn’t help anyone.

It is God's Nature that does not change. In different Era's He dealt out two Covenants. The Old one was revealed in stages, it progressed. The New one, we are blessed by Jesus Sacrafice on the Cross, His Ressurrection an Ascension. I Cor 15 has a summary of the Gospel.

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello, can you explain with that scripture he used pertains to the nature of Jesus and your over all thoughts on it if you would like to share I would like to hear.
We know from John 1 that he is fully God and Fully Man. My time is limited. Rest will be quotes.

"7. Colossians 2:9: Does not mean that Jesus is the Father, or that Jesus is an incarnation of the Father; rather, since "Godhead" (theotês) means Deity, the state of being God, the nature of God, Jesus is fully God, but not the only person who is God. "The Godhead" here does not = the Father (note that Jesus is in the Father, John 10:38; 14:10, 11; 17:21), but the nature of the Father. 8. The Father and the Son are both involved in various activities: raising Jesus (Gal. 1:1; John 2:19-22), raising the dead (John 5:21); 6:39-40, 44, 54, 1 Cor. 6:14), answering prayer (John 14:13-14; 15:16; 16:23), sending the Holy Spirit (John 14:16; 15:26; 16:7), drawing people to Jesus (John 6:44; 12:32), etc. These common works do prove that the two persons are both God, but not that Jesus is the Father E. The Son existed before his Incarnation, even before creation 1. Prov. 30:4: This is not predictive prophecy; "prophecy" in 30:1 translates massa, which is rendered elsewhere as "burden." 2. The Son created all things: " A lot more at this link: https://www.calvarychapelboston.com/Biblical Basis Trinity Bowman.pdf

"3. Rev. 3:14: "Beginning" (archê) in Rev. as a title means source or one who begins, i.e. Creator (cf. Rev. 1:8; 21:6; 22:13); elsewhere Christ is called the archê in the sense of "ruler," Col. 1:18, cf. plural archai, "rulers," in Col. 1:16; 2:10, 15, also Luke 12:11; Rom. 8:38; Eph. 3:10; 6:12; Tit. 3:1; cf. Luke 20:20; Jude 6; 1 Cor. 15:24; Eph. 1:21. 4. 1 Cor. 11:3; 15:28: Jesus is still subordinate to God, but as the Son to the Father; i.e., they are equal in nature, but the Son is subordinate relationally to God. 5. John 20:17; Rom. 15:6; 1 Cor. 15:24; 2 Cor. 1:3; Rev. 1:6; 3:12: Jesus calls the Father "My God" because He is still man as well as " same link

Other related links:
googled nature of jesus outline scripture bowman trinity

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
His mission was "finished" in His atoning work, He modeled how the Father wants all to live,
Yes, he accomplished all that his Father sent him to do. But we have to know the Father as Jesus taught us about him. (John 17:3) Jesus was a “holy servant” of his superior Father (Acts 4:27) and will fill the dual role exemplified by Melchizedek…..who was both a king and a priest. (Heb 3:1)
In Israel, one could be either a king or a priest depending upon which tribe you were born into….you could not be both. But Jesus was anointed by his Father for the roles that he was to play play in God’s kingdom.
and he only did what He saw the Father do, and only said what He heard the Father say.
And for those who believe that the son and the Father are one entity with the holy spirit, how is that possible? Jesus did nothing of his own volition…only what he saw his Father do, and he taught only what his Father told him to teach….so where is the equality? If something is not biblical, it will soon argue with other scripture. God’s word never contradicts itself, but you have to know what it teaches in its entirety. It is one book and God inspired its content to teach us. (2 Tim 3:16-17)

Shittim

Nov 19, 2020
Iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually Jesus taught "ALL things are new in me", all means all, seems there is way to much plowing into the old which robs the time we need to spend in relationship with Him.
blessings

XFire

May 14, 2022
San jose
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow. Where do I start. I see healing. I have been healed. I see many not healed also. I believe it is due to their unbelief.
We have all been made the righteousness before God. 2 Cor 5.21
We have all been given the same measure o faith, grace, and Spirit. Eph 4.7, John 3.34, rom 12.3.
John 14.20 and 23.
So if we all have the same measure then the only thing left is our unbelief.matt 17.15..20.

Please get rid of life's destractions. Tv, unbelieving people in your life, the daily news, etc.
God wants you to have the gifts of the Spirit. He won't deny them to you. Your faith, healing, raising the dead, etc. Is born in your imagination turning to hope and hope to faith and faith brings things from the spiritual world into the physical world.

Also salvation and healing is the same doctrine of the NT. If you have salvation. The you have healing.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now let me tell you, there is a healing that I do believe in but it is not phsyical, it's spiritual. It's the spiritual renewing of the born again heart of a newborn Christian who is renewed by and through the spirit once they make the decision that through that narrative of the Gospel and the letters, that Yeshua is the Lord of Lord and King of Kings, and they go to the cross and die with him, and are buried with their old man with him, and raised again with him in newness of life.

All through the Narrative you have apostles and some disciples out there healing others, even making a beggars ankles healed in front of the beautiful gate, in the name of Jesus Christ.

But why doesn't thinks like this happen today??
All the healings have significance yes? One thing that stands out to me is “I only do or say what I see the Father do or say.” God is Spirit…so I agree with you about “there is a healing” “it is a Spiritual Healing”. Scary thing though is as much as the question is “do you see physical healing happening today” sometimes I also wonder the same about “do you see spiritual healings happening today?” I’m guessing I don’t see them but that doesn’t mean there is no Spiritual healings. But there are promises I think in the physical healings…for example the man with the withered hand. Jesus told him to stretch forth his withered hand and the withered hand was restored whole as the other hand. To me from the parable of the sower and the seed where there is that which withers away…the man with the withered hand restored whole as the other hand answers the question of: can that which has withered away be restored whole again. Oh yes it can. We debate those on the right hand and those on the left hand of God. Which is withered? And then comes the warning to not think more highly of yourself than your neighbor. (Who is one of your members)
It's because the age that once was done away with an no longer needed. Jesus healed phsyically to show he was from God, it was God who healed by and through him, and then you have the Apostles who went and healed, even cast out demons, even raised the dead. Sometimes they did not have enough faith, or it required fasting and prayer for something ot be cast out.
“To show He was from God.”
Something that’s stood out to me lately is:

The dragon cast a flood out of from his mouth to carry and drown men (the seed)in every wind of doctrine, the doctrines of men.

but out from the mouth of God comes the truth …Christ. All the others asked “where did this man learn His doctrine?” Significant is their doctrine had come out from another mouth. His doctrine which “is My Fathers” came not from the dragons mouth, because he come not out from the dragon as a flood to drown men in perdition …(instead He came out from God) to save them. See, interesting is that which comes forth out (cast)from the dragons mouth is “a flood” of debauchery…and that which comes forth out from God’s mouth- My words they are Spirit, they are Life- which is Christ. Huge difference of “the source” and where a doctrine comes out from. I see Christ comes to save men out from the flood of debauchery and to set their feet on solid ground. After all that “to show He was from God” I don’t think it was to prove anything of himself but the physical healings were to teach (reveal) what God, who is Spirit, is doing and saying.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All the healings have significance yes? One thing that stands out to me is “I only do or say what I see the Father do or say.” God is Spirit…so I agree with you about “there is a healing” “it is a Spiritual Healing”. Scary thing though is as much as the question is “do you see physical healing happening today” sometimes I also wonder the same about “do you see spiritual healings happening today?” I’m guessing I don’t see them but that doesn’t mean there is no Spiritual healings. But there are promises I think in the physical healings…for example the man with the withered hand. Jesus told him to stretch forth his withered hand and the withered hand was restored whole as the other hand. To me from the parable of the sower and the seed where there is that which withers away…the man with the withered hand restored whole as the other hand answers the question of: can that which has withered away be restored whole again. Oh yes it can. We debate those on the right hand and those on the left hand of God. Which is withered? And then comes the warning to not think more highly of yourself than your neighbor. (Who is one of your members)
That is why I believe, that doctors are in existence, to help those who are physically ill, the need of treatment or surgery. You know sometimes the question become like so, Jane had her cancer healed by God, why isn't God healing me!?

That is why to me personally, the greatest healing is of the heart, by the new spiritual being in Christ, adopted as a Child of God, and learning to abide in Him, rather than in oneself, though all us living a broken world, however it has been reconciled to Yahava, and those who look to him in faith, despite failing health... is that good?
“To show He was from God.”
Something that’s stood out to me lately is:

The dragon cast a flood out of from his mouth to carry and drown men (the seed)in every wind of doctrine, the doctrines of men.

but out from the mouth of God comes the truth …Christ. All the others asked “where did this man learn His doctrine?” Significant is their doctrine had come out from another mouth. His doctrine which “is My Fathers” came not from the dragons mouth, because he come not out from the dragon as a flood to drown men in perdition …(instead He came out from God) to save them. See, interesting is that which comes forth out (cast)from the dragons mouth is “a flood” of debauchery…and that which comes forth out from God’s mouth- My words they are Spirit, they are Life- which is Christ. Huge difference of “the source” and where a doctrine comes out from. I see Christ comes to save men out from the flood of debauchery and to set their feet on solid ground. After all that “to show He was from God” I don’t think it was to prove anything of himself but the physical healings were to teach (reveal) what God, who is Spirit, is doing and saying.
You remind me of the scripture,

Colossians 1:10-13

New American Standard Bible

10 so that you will walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, [a]to please Him in all respects, bearing fruit in every good work and [b]increasing in the [c]knowledge of God; 11 strengthened with all power, according to [d]His glorious might, [e]for the attaining of all perseverance and [f]patience; joyously 12 giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified us [g]to share in the inheritance of the [h]saints in light.

The Incomparable Christ​

13 [i]For He rescued us from the [j]domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of [k]His beloved Son,

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are Christians out there that believe you can be healed, and all you need is faith.

Now let me tell you, there is a healing that I do believe in but it is not phsyical, it's spiritual. It's the spiritual renewing of the born again heart of a newborn Christian who is renewed by and through the spirit once they make the decision that through that narrative of the Gospel and the letters, that Yeshua is the Lord of Lord and King of Kings, and they go to the cross and die with him, and are buried with their old man with him, and raised again with him in newness of life.

All through the Narrative you have apostles and some disciples out there healing others, even making a beggars ankles healed in front of the beautiful gate, in the name of Jesus Christ.

But why doesn't thinks like this happen today??

It's because the age that once was done away with an no longer needed. Jesus healed phsyically to show he was from God, it was God who healed by and through him, and then you have the Apostles who went and healed, even cast out demons, even raised the dead. Sometimes they did not have enough faith, or it required fasting and prayer for something ot be cast out.

However you have these people out here playing games with peoples hearts:

Like I stated before there is only one type of healing and it is the healing of the human soul from darkness into light, by and through faith in the resurrected Christ Jesus, and learning the word of God.

However, can you prove to anyone, that you have been healed psyhcally because of faith and someone laid hands on you to do such?

It would be harder than a whip stretched out to hit a dolphin on the nose in the middle of the sea if you ask me to prove that it has happened to you.

Can God though do miracles, and have a cancer shrink? Sure, can God also use DOCTORS to help you get cancer out sure?

But how can these signs that were once DOMINATE in the first century timeline, have just ceased to exist as it seems today, nothing like such wonders of a blind man can really be able to be healed to see, or a woman with 12 years worth of problems have her back straightend up when Jesus was there, or how about a widow who just lost his Son and Jesus rose him up and gave him back to him.

ARe these not all pictures and types of psyhcial healings that could be seen as pictures and types of spiritual healings of the mind/will/emotion, like the woman with the blood problem, set her eyes on jesus and she was healed can that not be a story of a person who suffered from 12 years of drug related problems and looked towards Jesus and was healed today?
Reinhard Bunkie drew the largest crowd ever in Nigeria, 1.6 million to preach the gospel. Known as the Billy Graham of Africa, He was also well known for healings. I heard stories about river waters being bacteria infested and after his prayer, it was drinkable. God heals today as He always has. Healing did not stop. People gather and pray and miracles happen.

Reactions: Shittim

Shittim

Nov 19, 2020
Iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fiji had something like this, the river by one village was polluted, after they all came to Christ is was pure by there village, above and below the village the river still tested polluted. I heard about it from folks who were there, found the web site of the island and verified it.
He loves to confound the wise.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reinhard Bunkie drew the largest crowd ever in Nigeria, 1.6 million to preach the gospel. Known as the Billy Graham of Africa, He was also well known for healings. I heard stories about river waters being bacteria infested and after his prayer, it was drinkable. God heals today as He always has. Healing did not stop. People gather and pray and miracles happen.

I do not trust, what you have shared (did not watch), Ronald. While Yahava, can perhaps help by and through the spirit in allowing doctors to help in treating illness and having surgeries, in which everything goes rightly, I do not believe people who are claimed 'faith healers' even if they happen to really believe it is possible to be able do by and through Christ. There is only one healing that is known to me and that is the healing of the heart, and encouraging others to continue to walk in faith, and walk in the spirit even if they are not ever healed, by physical needs.

That is the point, in my opinion.

Can a person who is in failing health continue to trust Yahava, in and through their sufferings of sickness? Some sicknesses come and go. There are other aliments as well, such as being blind, being mute, being deaf, mutations in children who have birth defects, people whom are exteremly autstic, and so one and so forth. You show me someone healing like this today, and I would believe it, however there is not any healing like this, in my opinion.

There is a great spiritual healing of the heart, when one comes to Christ, and receives rest for their souls knowing they are made right with God by faith.

Romans 5:

Faith Brings Joy​

5 Therefore, since we have been made right in God’s sight by faith, we have peace[a] with God because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us. 2 Because of our faith, Christ has brought us into this place of undeserved privilege where we now stand, and we confidently and joyfully look forward to sharing God’s glory. 3 We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. 4 And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation. 5 And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fiji had something like this, the river by one village was polluted, after they all came to Christ is was pure by there village, above and below the village the river still tested polluted. I heard about it from folks who were there, found the web site of the island and verified it.
He loves to confound the wise.

A claim is a claim, that is all that it is.

If God steps in and helps with a car crash from not happening, God would have to do it over and over it over again for other individuals to... Yahava only steps into a persons life when they allow him to work in their hearts and minds, by his spirit.

Jeremiah 31:33-34 “But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel: After those days,” saith Yahava, “I will put My law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts, and will be their God, and they shall be My people. 34 And they will not need to teach their neighbors, nor will they need to teach their relatives, saying, ‘You should know the Lord.’ For everyone, from the least to the greatest, will know me already,” says the Lord. “And I will forgive their wickedness, and I will never again remember their sins.”

While people may be born in rich or poor families, God loves both equally, there is no favorites of his, because he is not a Respecter of Persons. People who are the LORDS, can be rich or poor, they can have sickness and health, and sometimes he doesn't answer prayers for people to be healed of certain things.

2 Corinthians 12:8-10

New International Version

8 Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.