Fallen From Grace

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law, ye are fallen from Grace.

Gal. 5-:1-4.....

Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.

For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.

Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace

Reactions: FHII and Job

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Amen.

2 Cor 6:1 "We then, as workers together with him, beseech you also that ye receive not the grace of God in vain."
= 'God's ability in us, to do what we cannot do.' ( of ourselves)
Praise God for His grace.
The early books of the bible were showing mankind over and over that they could not keep the law of themselves. They needed innocent blood.
God's gift in the NT was the precious gift of innocent blood .

My two cents :)

Reactions: FHII

Peanut

Jul 19, 2017
goodbye
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By the grace of God we are saved. Not so when His people were under the law of God. The 613 Mitzvah.
Romans 7:4-12

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At this time we are !!!!!!

That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Not of works, lest any man should boast

Reactions: Peanut

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
seems kinda harsh; after all, men are circumcised as new-borns?

Agree.
In Galatians Paul is talking the gentiles who ( had not been circumcised , or were getting circumcised ) because Christian Jews were telling them...that they need to also be circumcised like themselves ref O.T.
But Paul is warning about them returning to OT laws..

5 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage. Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.
For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.
4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you ( who think) you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace. 5 For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.
6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love."

As I read that, Paul is saying in the NT, circumcision or no circumcision does not add anything spiritual now.

But, I am sure that you knew all that anyway! I probably just wasted time writing it! :)

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By the grace of God we are saved. Not so when His people were under the law of God. The 613 Mitzvah.
Romans 7:4-12

Think on this. Was anyone ever saved by the Law? No. So, even though those of Israel were under Law, that Law never saved them. It would still be by grace and through faith that they were saved also.

Stranger

Reactions: bbyrd009 and Helen