False Doctrine of the "Secret Rapture".

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 20
4 Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands.
Today we make a profession of faith and are baptized as a witness to Jesus. They chop off their heads as a witness to Jesus.

"Beheaded for the witness of Jesus"

Only those beheaded during the 42 months in Revelation 13 are judged and given a resurrection at that point, after Satan is bound in the pit.

Being beheaded is not symbolism. It is a specific act instead of receiving the mark. It is the only way to remain named in the Lamb's book of life.

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They chop off their heads as a witness to Jesus.
Ah, so, they chopped their own heads off "as a witness to Jesus"?
giphy.gif

Being beheaded is not symbolism...
Agreed...

It is a specific act instead of receiving the mark.
giphy.gif

Wow. Yeah, "interesting"...

Grace and peace to all.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is right and Biblical; it is our duty to preach the Gospel until Jesus Returns. Matthew 28:20

Anyway Revelation 12: 14 and 17, puts paid to any ideas of going to heaven. When the Anti-Christ leader conquers Jerusalem, Zechariah 14:1-2, one half of the Christian peoples will be taken to a place of safety, the other half must remain in Jerusalem. 1260 days later; Jesus will Return.
That part in red is what those on man's false Pre-trib Rapture theory do, they insert a protective rapture for during the time of "great tribulation", thinking to physically escape it. No such idea is written in God's Word.

Furthermore, the Zechariah 14:1-11 verses are ALL... about the same timing of Jesus' future return on the "day of the Lord".

Men's works are burned off this earth happens on that 'same' "day of the Lord" per Apostle Peter in 2 Peter 3:10. That means, literally, the FINAL DAY of this present world. Cannot have any works by Satan and his host on earth going on after that "day of the Lord".

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Careful observance of how scripture makes a statement when using the word "all".

Rev 13:17
He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads, and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

This does not mean that every single human will receive the mark but that the AC will make it a law upon "all".

"all" is used this way = SAME as = 2 Peter 3:9

The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us,
not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

Does 2 Peter 3:9 mean that "all" will come to repentance??? = NOPE

i hope this helps "you all"
Lol
"... all should...."
But hey, i know what you need to attempt in your effort.

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That part in red is what those on man's false Pre-trib Rapture theory do, they insert a protective rapture for during the time of "great tribulation", thinking to physically escape it. No such idea is written in God's Word.

Furthermore, the Zechariah 14:1-11 verses are ALL... about the same timing of Jesus' future return on the "day of the Lord".

Men's works are burned off this earth happens on that 'same' "day of the Lord" per Apostle Peter in 2 Peter 3:10. That means, literally, the FINAL DAY of this present world. Cannot have any works by Satan and his host on earth going on after that "day of the Lord".
Nope
Nothing there proves nobody goes to heaven.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol
"... all should...."
But hey, i know what you need to attempt in your effort.
TRUTH is TRUTH

The only attempt that TRUTH makes is to reach out to those who stumble.

ONE for "all" and yet only some receive the TRUTH = not all for ONE

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
TRUTH is TRUTH

The only attempt that TRUTH makes is to reach out to those who stumble.

ONE for "all" and yet only some receive the TRUTH = not all for ONE
Pssssst..."all should" actually means "not all will"
But i guess you will never see it.
Maybe i can help you.
All= all
All should= not all will.

You sure you want to keep defending something that painted you into a corner????

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pssssst..."all should" actually means "not all will"
But i guess you will never see it.
Maybe i can help you.
All= all
All should= not all will.

You sure you want to keep defending something that painted you into a corner????
Psssst...."all is not all" when TRUTH is an Opportunity for "all"

"The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance."

Hope this helps "ya all"

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You need to do a little better.
You are making a fool of yourself trying to say all do not take the mark or die.
It really bothers you, and you come up with ridiculous examples in desperation.
Re read slowly your non example of " all".

Pssst.... "Not willing that any" DOESN'T mean "all".
Ironically you are making the argument that all taking the mark means all.

Silly and comical how your doctrine has you making wild absurd statements like "all" can not possibly be "all"
SMH

This fact that all take the mark has you painting yourself into a corner big time.
You are standing in that proverbial corner and claiming you did no such thing while i shake my head in disbelief.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Thank you Jesus for your word.
THANK YOU JESUS !!!!!!!!!
Jesus' final Word to His people was Matthew 28:19-20
I suggest that you get on with doing that instead of pushing a belief that Jesus specifically spoke against.

Pray the Lord's Prayer; asking for the Kingdom to come, NOT to be taken away from the earth, where the Kingdom is coming to.
Jesus prayed to God that He NOT take His people from the world, but to keep them safe from the evil one. John 17:15

Your confident assertions and superior attitude, will cause you eternal regret, as a rapture to heaven simply cannot happen.

Last edited:

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You need to do a little better.
You are making a fool of yourself trying to say all do not take the mark or die.
It really bothers you, and you come up with ridiculous examples in desperation.
Re read slowly your non example of " all".

Pssst.... "Not willing that any" DOESN'T mean "all".
Ironically you are making the argument that all taking the mark means all.

Silly and comical how your doctrine has you making wild absurd statements like "all" can not possibly be "all"
SMH

This fact that all take the mark has you painting yourself into a corner big time.
You are standing in that proverbial corner and claiming you did no such thing while i shake my head in disbelief.
You made little to no sense = just nonsense

Thank You LORD Jesus that no lie comes from you = only Truth = "Immediately after the tribulation.....I come" = Matt ch24

1 John 2:21 = "no lie(pre-trib) is of the truth"

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Rev. 19:11-21, which is a clear picture of the second coming of Christ, why is there no mention of the resurrection that Paul outlines?

1 Thessalonians 4
[13] But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
[14] For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
[15] For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
[16] For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
[17] Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Rev. 19:11-21, which is a clear picture of the second coming of Christ, why is there no mention of the resurrection that Paul outlines?

Because the resurrection takes place immediately when the second coming begins, when Christ first leaves heaven. It is completed before Jesus descends to Armageddon.

Reactions: David in NJ

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because the resurrection takes place immediately when the second coming begins, when Christ first leaves heaven. It is completed before Jesus descends to Armageddon.
If all Saints are resurrected at this point, there will be none to enter the millennial kingdom. It would be odd to be "caught up" into Heaven to only return back to earth quickly. Also, Zechariah 14 does not mention a resurrection either.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If all Saints are resurrected at this point, there will be none to enter the millennial kingdom. It would be odd to be "caught up" into Heaven to only return back to earth quickly. Also, Zechariah 14 does not mention a resurrection either.
You keep making this man-made assumption that is contrary to the Holy Scriptures.

When the LORD Returns, HE will not destroy everyone on the face of the earth.

Zechariah chapter 14 declares the Truth = Read it and Believe it

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If all Saints are resurrected at this point, there will be none to enter the millennial kingdom.

lol....all resurrected saints return with Christ and enter the Mill.

It would be odd to be "caught up" into Heaven to only return back to earth quickly.

More odd since the dead are already in heaven when the resurrection takes place so they leave heaven to the clouds of the Earth not from the Earth to heaven.

Also, Zechariah 14 does not mention a resurrection either.

Neither do most chapters of all the books of the bible. It's not a valid point to make.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

1 Thessalonians 4
[13] But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
[14] For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
[15] For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
[16] For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
[17] Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

the LORD JESUS outlined for us His Second Coming in the OT Prophets, in the Gospels, the Apostles Letters and finally in Revelation.

P.S. = They all AGREE on only one Second Coming of Christ = just as there was only one First Coming/Appearing in the flesh.

This FACT is clearly spoken of throughout scripture = Hebrews chapter 9 is just one Perfect Example of many

Nor did He enter heaven to offer Himself again and again, as the high priest enters the Most Holy Place every year with blood that is not his own. Otherwise, Christ would have had to suffer repeatedly since the foundation of the world. But now He has appeared once for all at the end of the ages to do away with sin by the sacrifice of Himself.
Just as man is appointed to die once, and after that to face judgment, so also Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many; and He will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who eagerly await Him.

Reactions: ewq1938

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many Churches have picked up the false Doctrine of the "Secret Rapture", and give the people the idea that if you are a real Christian you will be caught up in the secret rapture to be with Christ. To arrive at this the Scripture has to be twisted and taken out of context.
Here are some of the texts that have been quoted as referring to the rapture:-
  1. The Church will meet Christ in the air - 1 Thessalonians 4:17
  2. The Church will be taken to heaven - 1 Thessalonians 4:17 and John 14:3
  3. Christ will come for His saints - 2 Thessalonians 2:1
  4. The rapture is a mystery - 1 Corinthians 15:51
  5. The righteous will be removed - 1 Thessalonians 4:17

The verse, 1 Thessalonians 4:17 used in 1, 2, and 5 has been twisted to make it seem to say the things they claim. Let us look at this verse in context with the verses around it.
1 Thessalonians 4:13 "But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope."
Verse 14 "For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him."
Verse 15 "For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep."
Verse 16 "For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:"
Verse 17 "Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord."
Verse 18 "Wherefore comfort one another with these words."
Verses 13 - 15 says sorrow not for those that are asleep or dead, Jesus died and rose again and so conquered death. When He comes again these people He will raise from the grave as verse 16 explains and then in verse 17 we which are alive and remain will be caught up with those that have been raised from the grave to be ever with the Lord Jesus Christ. This quote can fit nowhere else but the second coming of Jesus - verse 15.

John 14:3 used in this, tells us that after Jesus arose, He told His disciples that He was going to prepare a place for them, referring also to all the righteous, and that he was coming again to receive all the righteous unto Himself. It is refering to the time when Christ comes at His 2nd coming.
John 14:1 "Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me."
Verse 2 "In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you."
Verse 3 "And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also."

2 Thessalonians 2:1 used in number 3 is correct but let us put the correct interpretation to it. Read verses 1, 2, and 3 and the reader will see that verse 1 tells us that Christ is coming again to gather His people to Himself; verse 2 tells us not to be troubled but hold firm; verse 3 tells us not to be deceived for that day shall not come until the man of sin -"The Pope" - is revealed; and verse 4 gives us a description of what the man of sin is like.
2 Thessalonians 2:1 "Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,"
Verse 2 "That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand."
Verse 3 "Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;"
Verse 4 "Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God."

1 Corinthians 15:51 used in number 4 is taken completely out of context. By reading verse 52 also we find that we shall not all sleep, but those that are alive when Christ comes the second time at the end of the seven last plagues, shall be changed in the twinkling of an eye and the dead shall be raised incorruptible. This is the very same meaning as in 1 Thessalonians 13:18 which is talking about the second coming.
1 Corinthians 15:50 "Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption."
Verse 51 "Behold, I show you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,"
Verse 52 "In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed."
Verse 53 "For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality."

Its clear what is being said, but evil likes to bring confusion and twist the truth.
Sorry but the rapture will not be secret but very public. The church on earth will vanish! And it will happen before the 70th week of Daniel begins (the tribulation)

The man of sin (commonly called the Antichrist) cannot be any pope, unless the pope becomes a world political figure again. But if things stay as they are, the best a pope can rise to is the false prophet.

Reactions: 07-07-07

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry but the rapture will not be secret but very public. The church on earth will vanish! And it will happen before the 70th week of Daniel begins (the tribulation)

The man of sin (commonly called the Antichrist) cannot be any pope, unless the pope becomes a world political figure again. But if things stay as they are, the best a pope can rise to is the false prophet.

The FP is the AC, just two names for the same person.