False Universalism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Have you ever read the Bible??? Doesn't sound like it.

2 Peter 2
4 For if God did not spare the angels who sinned, but cast them down to hell and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved for judgment; 5 and did not spare the ancient world, but saved Noah, one of eight people, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood on the world of the ungodly; 6 and turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah into ashes, condemned them to destruction, making them an example to those who afterward would live ungodly;
like I said, I'm glad you're not the Judge in spite of seeing yourself as the Judge.

Reactions: St. SteVen

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Mk 16 He that believeth not shall be DAMNED!

They are damned already.

John 3:36.

Unbelievers (never born again) dont realize that they are damned already.

This is one of the reasons that Jesus says that "you must be born again" as if we are not, then we remained DAMNED, and then we die and face it for eternity.
Hell begins it and there is more to come as this is all a part of the 2nd Death.

Being born again is to leave eternal damnation and enter eternal life "in Christ" and "One with God".

Reactions: Jack

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
They are damned already.

John 3:36.

Unbelievers (never born again) dont realize that they are damned already.

This is one of the reasons that Jesus says that "you must be born again" as if we are not, then we remained DAMNED, and then we die and face it for eternity.
Hell begins it and there is more to come as this is all a part of the 2nd Death.

Being born again is to leave eternal damnation and enter eternal life "in Christ" and "One with God".
and who is in charge of 'born again'?

Hillsage

Feb 20, 2023
Western Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and who is in charge of 'born again'?
The One "in charge" is HE who "draws", "predestined", "called", "fore-ordainned" in order for those who would receive "the GIFT OF FAITH" from God, in order TO believe.

JOH 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me DRAW him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

And the word "draw" is more correctly defined; SRN 1670 helkuo "to drag" (lit. or fig.)

And you aren't dragging you, HE IS!

ROM 8:29 For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the first-born among many brethren. 30 And those whom he PREDESTINED he also CALLED; and those whom he called he also justified; and those whom he justified he also glorified.
SRN 4309 proorizo: to limit in advance, i.e. (fig.) predetermine

And you aren't 'predetermining' to be CALLED of God, HE IS!

ACT 13:48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ORDAINED to eternal life believed.
SRN 5021 tasso:to arrange in an orderly manner, i.e. assign or dispose (to a certain position or lot)

And you aren't ordaining yourself HE IS!

This last one nails it for me.

JOH 1:12 But to all who received him, who believed in his name, he gave power to become children of God;
13 who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, BUT of God.

So there you have it; when it comes to being YOU "who were born" again, it did not rely on your/my hot shot "BLOOD" family's name, nor was it by the will of your/my sinful FLESH natured body, nor was it by the will of man....including You/me. Getting born again from above, into His family takes place by 'the will of GOD', not Yours/mine.

And last but not least; Where do you get the faith TO believe? According to scripture, it is FROM GOD and you can't confess with the FAITH OF/FROM GOD until you have HEARD?RHEMA a written LOGOS/word.

ROM 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
By "hearing" (not 'from what was heard' or 'having read'. It comes from 'hearing' with ears that hear His voice.
SRN 4487 rhema: an utterance

Now, please give me ONE verse proving anyone has FREE WILL until after "he whom the son has set free is FREE INDEED."
And refute every scripture which I provided to answer your post. :coff

Last edited:
  • Love

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The One "in charge" is HE who "draws", "predestined", "called", "fore-ordainned" in order for those who would receive "the GIFT OF FAITH" from God, in order TO believe.

JOH 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me DRAW him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

And the word "draw" is more correctly defined; SRN 1670 helkuo "to drag" (lit. or fig.)

And you aren't dragging you, HE IS!

ROM 8:29 For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the first-born among many brethren. 30 And those whom he PREDESTINED he also CALLED; and those whom he called he also justified; and those whom he justified he also glorified.
SRN 4309 proorizo: to limit in advance, i.e. (fig.) predetermine

And you aren't 'predetermining' to be CALLED of God, HE IS!

ACT 13:48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ORDAINED to eternal life believed.
SRN 5021 tasso:to arrange in an orderly manner, i.e. assign or dispose (to a certain position or lot)

And you aren't ordaining yourself HE IS!

This last one nails it for me.

JOH 1:12 But to all who received him, who believed in his name, he gave power to become children of God;
13 who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, BUT of God.

So there you have it; when it comes to being YOU "who were born" again, it did not rely on your/my hot shot "BLOOD" family's name, nor was it by the will of your/my sinful FLESH natured body, nor was it by the will of man....including You/me. Getting born again from above, into His family takes place by 'the will of GOD', not Yours/mine.

And last but not least; Where do you get the faith TO believe? According to scripture, it is FROM GOD and you can't confess with the FAITH OF/FROM GOD until you have HEARD?RHEMA a written LOGOS/word.

ROM 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
By "hearing" (not 'from what was heard' or 'having read'. It comes from 'hearing' with ears that hear His voice.
SRN 4487 rhema: an utterance

Now, please give me ONE verse proving anyone has FREE WILL until after "he whom the son has set free is FREE INDEED."
And refute every scripture which I provided to answer your post. :coff
Is there any point in attempting to 'prove' anything if one's mind has already determined the outcome/ answer?
....and the request for texts; even if a truck load were delivered, would it make a difference? :)

Hillsage

Feb 20, 2023
Western Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is there any point in attempting to 'prove' anything if one's mind has already determined the outcome/ answer?
....and the request for texts; even if a truck load were delivered, would it make a difference?

Are you talking to ME? Or are you talking to the mirror? I don’t believe that anything you've said applies to me.

Except for, that is, the ‘fact’ that I am the one presenting a “truckload of scriptures” and, repeatedly now, asking you for “one”.

And now, you are refuting me with a mouthful of Nada. If you want “iron to sharpen iron”, then it might be time to ‘turn around’ annd ask questions because you sure aren’t providing me with any answers to mine.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Are you talking to ME? Or are you talking to the mirror? I don’t believe that anything you've said applies to me.

Except for, that is, the ‘fact’ that I am the one presenting a “truckload of scriptures” and, repeatedly now, asking you for “one”.

And now, you are refuting me with a mouthful of Nada. If you want “iron to sharpen iron”, then it might be time to ‘turn around’ annd ask questions because you sure aren’t providing me with any answers to mine.
maybe you have them all? :)

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'm referring to the Christian Bible. You should read it before it's too late.

Mk 16 He that believeth not shall be DAMNED!
ahhh Jack, I find it hard to fall in love with the constant Damning you seem to not get weary repeating. Maybe your can tell me something about forgiveness; something I clearly don't deserve.

• Love

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ahhh Jack, I find it hard to fall in love with the constant Damning you seem to not get weary repeating. Maybe your can tell me something about forgiveness; something I clearly don't deserve.
Forgiveness is for those who repent. Most do not. Like I said, you should read the Bible. It's quite interesting and can save from Hell fire. Lots of warnings in the Bible! Those who ignore them are heading for Hell.

Luke 13
23 Then one said to Him, "Lord, are there few who are saved?" And He said to them,
24 "Strive to enter through the narrow gate, for many, I say to you, will seek to enter and will not be able.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Forgiveness is for those who repent. Most do not. Like I said, you should read the Bible. It's quite interesting and can save from Hell fire. Lots of warnings in the Bible! Those who ignore them are heading for Hell.

Luke 13
23 Then one said to Him, "Lord, are there few who are saved?" And He said to them,
24 "Strive to enter through the narrow gate, for many, I say to you, will seek to enter and will not be able.
but can you tell me about forgiveness?