Father of lies

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JonD

May 21, 2014
Australia
So the answer is none. And you therefore have no true history with which to support your doctrines. Whilst over the years some churches have fallen, those who have followed the truth have history which can be traced to true Biblical doctrine believers. Who would you say in history or in the past say few hundred years have taught what you do? We must meet together to worship the Lord as the Bible clearly tells us to, "not to forsake the fellowship of the saints". The Bible also clearly states there must be an order in the church where it outlines what the minister, elders and other members are to follow which is clearly evident in Titus 3. So there is given in Gods Word a church structure which we are to follow. In giving us this we are clearly shown that churches as such must exist. Whilst it is true that in some cases these may not be in existence in certain places due to various reasons such as isolation and such and therefore it is said that "where two or three gather in my name there I am in the midst of them" to not have or be a member of a church or attend one for any other reason is not Biblical. The Bible clearly tells us there must be churches. And if so, then there would be in history some or one which would have been teaching what you do and it would be therefore clearly identifiable having the Biblical church structure! If not, then it would have been acting outside of Gods word (Titus 3), non Biblically, in not having a knowable and identifiable structure.
Mine can be traced back to those who hold the Westminster Confession of Faith. Further back I have not looked into but there you have a clearly identifiable faith and church structure with which I myself am associated with. To have none is not in accordance with Gods Word. He clearly without doubt tells us to in scripture.

Purity

May 20, 2013
Melbourne
So the answer is none. And you therefore have no true history with which to support your doctrines. Whilst over the years some churches have fallen, those who have followed the truth have history which can be traced to true Biblical doctrine believers. Who would you say in history or in the past say few hundred years have taught what you do? We must meet together to worship the Lord as the Bible clearly tells us to, "not to forsake the fellowship of the saints". The Bible also clearly states there must be an order in the church where it outlines what the minister, elders and other members are to follow which is clearly evident in Titus 3. So there is given in Gods Word a church structure which we are to follow. In giving us this we are clearly shown that churches as such must exist. Whilst it is true that in some cases these may not be in existence in certain places due to various reasons such as isolation and such and therefore it is said that "where two or three gather in my name there I am in the midst of them" to not have or be a member of a church or attend one for any other reason is not Biblical. The Bible clearly tells us there must be churches. And if so, then there would be in history some or one which would have been teaching what you do and it would be therefore clearly identifiable having the Biblical church structure! If not, then it would have been acting outside of Gods word (Titus 3), non Biblically, in not having a knowable and identifiable structure.
Mine can be traced back to those who hold the Westminster Confession of Faith. Further back I have not looked into but there you have a clearly identifiable faith and church structure with which I myself am associated with. To have none is not in accordance with Gods Word. He clearly without doubt tells us to in scripture.
Firstly, the identity and history of a church does not make it approved of God. During the time of the protestors men and woman fellowshipped in a little wooden boat to avoid torture and death. Throughout time there has been a remnant of people in the earth who have carried a precious truth concerning God and Jesus Christ.

How do I demonstrate this to you Jon?

Consider the handful of people who were eagerly expecting their Messiah to be born of the tribe of Judah?
Consider the religious environment this little boy would be born into? Utter religious confusion was the scene of his first advent.
Consider how extreme the religious system had become, fragmented on all sides.
Consider the very few simple hearted folk who quietly read the Scriptures to see how this little boy would arrive...Mary did not question he would come through a virgin she was only concerned of the mechanism by which Jesus would be conceived. She along with a few understood the prophecies concerning his coming.

When Jesus comes a second time to Christendom will it be "in order" or astray with every wind of false doctrine? Will the majority off Christianity possess truth or error?

To answer this you might ponder the beliefs of the Pharisees, Sadducees, Essences and later Gnostics (and so many more) how far removed were they from the spirit of the Law of Moses? How many times did Jesus say (which are not recorded) "Have ye not read?" "Ye do err not knowing the Scriptures?"

A Christian today ought not to consider his heritage to be anything at all, but to remove himself as far from the Apostasy as one can get, to enable a clearer look at their heritage in a right perspective - doubtless you have been confronted with one who has done this (I was once attending a Baptist church) and has total clarity of thought concerning truth...as did Nathaniel in John 1:48.

John 1:49 Nathanael answered him, “Rabbi, you are the Son of God; you are the king of Israel!”

He took no part in the many religions of his day - here was his religion:

John 1:45 Philip found Nathanael111 and told him, “We have found the one Moses wrote about in the law, and the prophets also wrote about—Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.”

They were searching the Law and the prophets to see this Son of Joseph; Son of God.

Now not many discerned the true Master in Israel: Nathaniel Jn 1:49, Peter Mth 14:33, Jn 6:69, Mth 6:16, Martha Jn 11:27 and at the last, the
Roman centurion Mth 27:54

Concerning this little group which they said “We have found him” – Grk: “Him whom Moses and the prophets have wrote, we have found”.

This suggests a combined study of this little group for the Messiah such was their dedication to Yahweh of Israel.

All of this and much more should cause all Christians to fear precisely "what they have inherited from their Fathers"; is it truth or is it error.

Let each believe be convinced in their own mind.

P.

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
Purity said:
If only you had 39 books to support your notions but you haven't one.
I only need one; The Bible!

It states clearly that God is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; which is where your apostasy is!
Watching your weasel words is like reading Gen..and Satan's words to Eve; "surely thou shalt not die"!
Ahh. but of course; you don't believe in Satan do you?
That means he never tempted Eve!
That means in your "theology" God introduced temptation and evil!???
That of course would not hold water! So where now your theology?

You say you "praise God regularly"; that means (if you tell the truth), that you "worship in spirit and in truth ( Jhn.4:23-24), unless the "one" you worship, is one of those that Jesus warned would be evident (false Christ's).
You said in an earlier post that you treat the Holy Spirit in the same way as Christ Jesus; ie deny their Deity!
In that case; you cannot "worship in spirit and in truth"; as "God is Spirit"!???
Floyd.

Purity

May 20, 2013
Melbourne

It states clearly that God is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; which is where your apostasy is!
Watching your weasel words is like reading Gen..and Satan's words to Eve; "surely thou shalt not die"!
Great Floyd - and you can believe whatever you want but the Scripture only ever attributes the serpent to be an animal:

2 Cor 11:3 But I(Paul) am afraid that just as the serpent deceived Eve by his treachery, your minds may be led astray from a sincere and pure devotion to Christ.

Your mind Floyd has been carried away and deceived with notions of devils.

Paul mentions nothing of this creature here but attributes the suggestive thoughts introduce to Eve were from an animal with voice.

Cunning - "Panourgia" (lit, "all working"; crafty, clever, always thinking about how to "trick" someone else) has its roots in Eden.

And it is appropriate to men who are the seed of the serpent.

These came at Jesus seeking to entrap him, but "he perceived their craftiness" (Luk 20:23); for the Lord God "catches the wise in their own craftiness" (1Co 3:19), and Jesus inherited his Father's characteristics in this ability also. The warnings to the early brethren to beware of the deceit of false teachers, a deliberate campaign by evil men, were common enough because necessary (2Co 11:13; 2Co 4:2; Rom 3:13 - dolos, guile, in these places; and Eph 4:14).

Those crafty men even went so far as to use - hypocritically! - the same language against Paul: "being crafty (panourgos) I caught you with guile (dolos), did I?" (2 Co 12:16).

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
Floyd said:

You say you "praise God regularly"; that means (if you tell the truth), that you "worship in spirit and in truth ( Jhn.4:23-24), unless the "one" you worship, is one of those that Jesus warned would be evident (false Christ's).
You said in an earlier post that you treat the Holy Spirit in the same way as Christ Jesus; ie deny their Deity!
In that case; you cannot "worship in spirit and in truth"; as "God is Spirit"!???
Floyd.
As usual, when in a corner, you refuse to answer!
Please answer the questions (points), you have after all challenged Almighty God's statements in Scripture; so you should easily answer your own teachings???
Floyd.

Purity

May 20, 2013
Melbourne
As usual, when in a corner, you refuse to answer!
Please answer the questions (points), you have after all challenged Almighty God's statements in Scripture; so you should easily answer your own teachings???
Floyd.
This does not bode well for you Floyd - your continual avoidance of supporting OT evidence for your Satan is not forthcoming

P.

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
Great Floyd - and you can believe whatever you want but the Scripture only ever attributes the serpent to be an animal:
Thank you for your permission to "believe what I want"; gracious of you!
Regarding Gen. statement re "the serpent"; Dr. Ginsburg gives clear understanding (as the world's foremost Hebrew Scholar of his day); that the Hebrew word "nachash" is interchangeable with "serpent"; and is so in many parts of Scripture! Satan had/has the ability to "transform" himself into an "angel of light",
and did so in Eden; to the awe of Eve!
So; your "teaching" is in gross error, re Satan's abilities (and freedoms of action), which he exercised in Eden. If you challenge this; you challenge Scholars who are accepted world wide!
Over to you on this one!

2 Cor 11:3 But I(Paul) am afraid that just as the serpent deceived Eve by his treachery, your minds may be led astray from a sincere and pure devotion to Christ.

Explained above.

No Purity; your's is by Satan!

Paul mentions nothing of this creature here but attributes the suggestive thoughts introduce to Eve were from an animal with voice.

Explained above.

Cunning - "Panourgia" (lit, "all working"; crafty, clever, always thinking about how to "trick" someone else) has its roots in Eden.

No; its roots are in Satan and his rebellion against God (you have been given these refs.)

There are not any "seed of the serpent"; in the physical sense; but there are in the metaphoric; which is why you are in danger; unless you repent; accept the Deity of Christ; and beg forgiveness!

Floyd.

Purity said:
This does not bode well for you Floyd - your continual avoidance of supporting OT evidence for your Satan is not forthcoming

P.
How very interesting Purity; now you resort to implied threat; because you are again cornered!

Please answer the points presented to you; after all it should be easy for you; they are your teachings!

Purity, on 24 May 2014 - 01:04 AM, said:
Purity said:

Floyd.

Purity

May 20, 2013
Melbourne
Floyd,

This is not difficult - here let me do it for you...

Floyd emphatically hereby states that the teaching of Satan as a demonic supernatural being is nowhere to be found in the Torah.

See - that wasn't hard was it?

"In fact nowhere in the OT"

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
Purity said:
Floyd,

This is not difficult - here let me do it for you...

Floyd emphatically hereby states that the teaching of Satan as a demonic supernatural being is nowhere to be found in the Torah.

See - that wasn't hard was it?

"In fact nowhere in the OT"
Are you losing it?

Floyd emphatically hereby states that the teaching of Satan as a demonic supernatural being is nowhere to be found in the Torah. (Purity)

Are you actually expecting those watching to be taken in by this childish action of yours?
That bold statement above is not mine, but yours; you really are losing your marbles!
Please answer the below; which you have so far refused to do; why?
Floyd.

Purity said:

Floyd.

Purity

May 20, 2013
Melbourne
Floyd its a simple question that any honest Christian could answer.

Does the Torah discuss the Satan you believe in?

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
Purity said:
Floyd its a simple question that any honest Christian could answer.

Does the Torah discuss the Satan you believe in?
You have been given the answer multiple times, but you ignore it why?
Again below:

Regarding Gen. statement re "the serpent"; Dr. Ginsburg gives clear understanding (as the world's foremost Hebrew Scholar of his day); that the Hebrew word "nachash" is interchangeable with "serpent"; and is so in many parts of Scripture! Satan had/has the ability to "transform" himself into an "angel of light",
So; your "teaching" is in gross error, re Satan's abilities (and freedoms of action), which he exercised in Eden. If you challenge this; you challenge Scholars who are accepted world wide!
Over to you on this one!

Explained above.

Explained above.

No; its roots are in Satan and his rebellion against God (you have been given these refs.)

There are not any "seed of the serpent"; in the physical sense; but there are in the metaphoric; which is why you are in danger; unless you repent; accept the Deity of Christ; and beg forgiveness!

Floyd
Purity said:

Floyd.

PS: why do you not answer your own teachings?

Purity

May 20, 2013
Melbourne
Dr. Ginsburg
What does Floyd say...

Does the Torah provide any information on the being you style the Devil or Satan?
Show us this rebellion against God from the Torah - how many times can one ask the same question without getting a straight answer.

What have you to lose by saying its not there?

We can move on to the other 34 books of the OT to establish its not there either.

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
Purity said:

Floyd.

Why won't you answer your own teachings!

Purity

May 20, 2013
Melbourne
For those being amused in the background there is a lesson here which we all should heed.

Never except blindly a doctrine as serious as that being purported by Floyd without first establishing it's doctrinal validity from the Word of God.

Who attached the notions to the harmless word adversary?
Who attached the notions to the harmless word false accuser?

In Cain’s case “the devil” was the evil latent within his nature, which revived under the holy, just and good commandment of God; he yielded to its suggestions and gave expression to its murderous emotions, and thus brought upon himself “the end of these things which is death.” “No murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.” Hence “the exceedingly great sinner,” who is innate in flesh and blood, that is, “the devil,” nor the man who yields himself servant to obey him in the lust of the flesh, have any glory, honour, incorruptibility, or eternal life abiding in them, which sufficiently proves the absolute destructibility of the devil and his seed.

P.

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
Purity said:
For those being amused in the background there is a lesson here which we all should heed.

Never except blindly a doctrine as serious as that being purported by Floyd without first establishing it's doctrinal validity from the Word of God.

Who attached the notions to the harmless word adversary?
Who attached the notions to the harmless word false accuser?

In Cain’s case “the devil” was the evil latent within his nature, which revived under the holy, just and good commandment of God; he yielded to its suggestions and gave expression to its murderous emotions, and thus brought upon himself “the end of these things which is death.” “No murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.” Hence “the exceedingly great sinner,” who is innate in flesh and blood, that is, “the devil,” nor the man who yields himself servant to obey him in the lust of the flesh, have any glory, honour, incorruptibility, or eternal life abiding in them, which sufficiently proves the absolute destructibility of the devil and his seed.

P.
To those same people; I ask that you note that Purity refuses to answer questions on his own teachings, on this and other Threads.
I have now to re-post those points, so as not to let Purity mislead you; and ask you to remember this tussle, if he will not be honest in response!

Purity said:

Floyd.

Over to you on this one!

Explained above.

Explained above.

Floyd

JonD

May 21, 2014
Australia
Remnant maybe Purity, but the Bible, God, clearly tells us to have a church with structure. A Minister or Preacher, Elders and so on. This being the case there would be a recognisable church. However small it may be, still a recognisable church. All of the early churches that followed Gods Word would have totally rejected your doctrines.
What or who would you say from those in the early times of the reformation would have supported your doctrines? The ones who gave their lives for the truth of Gods Word and teachings? Your teachings have no credentials and were not supported by any of the early churches who are recognised as being faithful. Citing some instances where followers of the truth were but few does not change the fact that there needs to be as ordained by God a church with a recognisable structure. To say that you are the same as those from the past, who, who from the past that one may recognise as faithful? That it would be as obscure as you make it out to be is not true.
Name one church from the past that would have taught as yourself. So if one is to believe from what you say, then for centuries there were no churches that were recognisable or recorded and all those that did exist were off track and to be rejected. All of them? There were none that were truly Godly? From the time of Christ and the teachings from the time of Paul and the others, even though God clearly said to have Ministers, Elders and so on which would give an actual church that was knowable, none did this? That in all that time it was just a few people here and there and that nobody followed and did what God said to do in having an actual church? In all that time? You cannot really expect anyone to believe that can you? Name just 1 that taught what you do! Im guessing that the only ones that may have were rightly recognised as heretic's and is possibly the reason why you don't name them.

Purity

May 20, 2013
Melbourne
JonD said:
Remnant maybe Purity, but the Bible, God, clearly tells us to have a church with structure. A Minister or Preacher, Elders and so on. This being the case there would be a recognisable church. However small it may be, still a recognisable church. All of the early churches that followed Gods Word would have totally rejected your doctrines.
What or who would you say from those in the early times of the reformation would have supported your doctrines? The ones who gave their lives for the truth of Gods Word and teachings? Your teachings have no credentials and were not supported by any of the early churches who are recognised as being faithful. Citing some instances where followers of the truth were but few does not change the fact that there needs to be as ordained by God a church with a recognisable structure. To say that you are the same as those from the past, who, who from the past that one may recognise as faithful? That it would be as obscure as you make it out to be is not true.
Name one church from the past that would have taught as yourself. So if one is to believe from what you say, then for centuries there were no churches that were recognisable or recorded and all those that did exist were off track and to be rejected. All of them? There were none that were truly Godly? From the time of Christ and the teachings from the time of Paul and the others, even though God clearly said to have Ministers, Elders and so on which would give an actual church that was knowable, none did this? That in all that time it was just a few people here and there and that nobody followed and did what God said to do in having an actual church? In all that time? You cannot really expect anyone to believe that can you? Name just 1 that taught what you do! Im guessing that the only ones that may have were rightly recognised as heretic's and is possibly the reason why you don't name them.
Evening Jon

Thanks for your post.

Firstly, I agree wholeheartedly with you regarding the church structure as I attend one often ( at least four times per week). In fact, I teach regularly a Sunday School class of 7 senior students of the Word. So you needn't convince me of the benefits of the congregation; its a command not to forsake the assembling together of those of like precious faith.

Don't misinterpret my comments to infer only a remnant will be saved - certainly not! God redeems those of His will and He will have mercy on whom He will have mercy. My comments are about those individuals in the earth how possess a greater degree of truth concerning God and His determinate council being fulfilled in the earth.

Recent history viewed a number of groups who came out of apostate Christianity - the early Anabaptists certainly held a degree of truth - I recent studied the Huguenots and found some of their beliefs rather interesting.

Huguenots became known for their harsh criticisms of doctrine and worship in the Catholic Church from which they had broken away. In particular they criticised the sacramental rituals of the Church and what they viewed as an obsession with death and the dead. They believed that the ritual, images, saints, pilgrimages, prayers, and hierarchy of the Catholic Church did not help anyone toward redemption. They saw Christian life as something to be expressed as a life of simple faith in God, relying upon God for salvation, and not upon the Church's sacraments or rituals, while obeying Biblical law.
I also agree with this position today as do no doubt many here would also ;)

The reformation churches in the main possessed a number of doctrines which held truth. You may be surprised to discover how many rejected the Trinity (RCC) to worship the One True God of Israel.

Take the Baptists Church worldwide which came out of the Anabaptist movement - they are Monotheistic. The Baptist Church has its roots in Unitarian teaching - many don't know this! There are many more if time was available.

Hope that helps.

P.

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
Floyd said:
To those same people; I ask that you note that Purity refuses to answer questions on his own teachings, on this and other Threads.
I have now to re-post those points, so as not to let Purity mislead you; and ask you to remember this tussle, if he will not be honest in response!

Floyd.

Over to you on this one!

Explained above.

Explained above.

Floyd
Floyd.

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Purity, what would you tell people who are being harassed by demons? For example, if a person is picked up and thrown across a room, would you tell them it's just a figment of their imagination? Or would you tell them they need to seek psychological counseling? This is a real problem and the reason why people keep quiet about what is happening to them because so many churches either deny this is happening or are ill equipped to deal with it.

Purity

May 20, 2013
Melbourne
Purity, what would you tell people who are being harassed by demons? For example, if a person is picked up and thrown across a room, would you tell them it's just a figment of their imagination? Or would you tell them they need to seek psychological counseling? This is a real problem and the reason why people keep quiet about what is happening to them because so many churches either deny this is happening or are ill equipped to deal with it.
Firstly there is no such things as demons as is taught though it is true that Mythology throughout all the empires going back to ancient near eastern times have believed in evil spirits and is the devices of men's imaginations and easily proven to be error. Having said that I don't have an answer for everything which happens in the earth I doubt anyone does.

Here is a list of subjects to do with demons.

1. Demons Are Idols
2. Old Testament 'Demons' Were Idols
3. Healing The Sick and how this relates to demons
4. What was the language of the day concerning demons, devil's etc
5. Do demons caused illness and sickness?

Now these are individual studies in their own right.

Here is an example:

The NT said certain people were "possessed with demons" are said to be "healed" or "cured" - Matthew 4:24;12:22;17:18 - implying that demon possession is another way of describing illness.

From this simple reading can you see this?

So what do you think caused the people to suggest this fanciful nonsense? its rather simple really only we make it difficult.

P.