Favorite Secular Songs

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The spiritual life can be lonely. Sometimes you see things other people don't, and with no one to share it with.

Strange how secular songs can communicate things Christian songs are unable to.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just remembered how much I love Journey. A little mushy, but no one really did this song justice on video. But 3:25+ is nice.

Last edited:

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Growing up in Texas, was always a country fan. Bobby is big time, so I still listen to it on occasion. In fact, we had our first kiss to this song. So it was also our wedding dance. :) I'm allergic to strawberries and hate wine, but I always have been fond of this song. Love female country artists and bands like Dixie Chicks, LeAnn Rymes, and Shania Twain.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Growing up in Texas, was always a country fan. Bobby is big time, so I still listen to it on occasion. In fact, we had our first kiss to this song. So it was also our wedding dance. :) I'm allergic to strawberries and hate wine, but I always have been fond of this song. Love female country artists and bands like Dixie Chicks, LeAnn Rymes, and Shania Twain.

Sounds like you really like Southern music...

Reactions: Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hehe. And since we all know murder is a sin here, Earl didn't really die. Hehe.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Rod Stewart. Hear to eternity, came out in 1986 a Rod Stewart mad fan gave this song to me and I have never heard it played on the radio.
I never thought to much of Rod Stewart with all the rubbish the radio played. but that mate had the best home sound system I have ever seen, and that makes all the difference to hear the real quality of performers bands.
Rod Stewart song called Mandolin wind is great as well from 1973 and Some one like you in 1971 and when a mans in love, they are all worth listing to.
Tom Jones. Ain't no sunshine, and the song called ( If ) and also the song ( I ) and She's a lady, and something' bout you baby I like, and You lost that loving feeling. they are all worthy to listen to.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rod Stewart. Hear to eternity, came out in 1986 a Rod Stewart mad fan gave this song to me and I have never heard it played on the radio.
I never thought to much of Rod Stewart with all the rubbish the radio played. but that mate had the best home sound system I have ever seen, and that makes all the difference to hear the real quality of performers bands.
Rod Stewart song called Mandolin wind is great as well from 1973 and Some one like you in 1971 and when a mans in love, they are all worth listing to.
Tom Jones. Ain't no sunshine, and the song called ( If ) and also the song ( I ) and She's a lady, and something' bout you baby I like, and You lost that loving feeling. they are all worthy to listen to.

I don't remember the Rod Stewart songs, but Ain't No Sunshine and You Lost That Lovin' Feeling were both great songs.

I normally don't like covers. I prefer the originals. But I found this one and it's pretty good. She inverts the lyrics, but the piano, strings and drums make for a good modern rendition.