Fear God or Presume acceptance

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Too often people want to save the thing that God wants crucified. When we see the cross as a threat...we become enemies of the cross and champions of the inherent rights of men. Molly coddling ensues.
Interesting language.
In our personal life we put to death things of the flesh.

In community fellowships are disappearing as the older generation die. Only the youthful inspiration places will remain. In our local area this is what is happening. But for some they desire all dead, because only their version is real ..... Trouble is so the enemy speaks, idealism destroying life in the name of truth :(

101 is how many people do you love and share with. It's here is God's work, amen

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Too often people want to save the thing that God wants crucified. When we see the cross as a threat...we become enemies of the cross and champions of the inherent rights of men. Molly coddling ensues.

I learned to stop coddling my own flesh (but am too easily manipulated to coddling of others) but I have to say, I did not know it's what I was doing at the time. I was just a mess of pity for myself at how others treated me so unfairly combined with real anger that they weren't nice to me or caring of me. Yes, it was coddling the part of me that is against the Spirit, but I didnt know I was coddling the enemy at the time.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is odd to me how you progressed from my opposition to false teachers claiming talking to God and by implication maturity, but displaying judgmentalism of the worst kind, to me being against holiness and therefore God.

I've seen this pattern repeated many times on this forum. Exactly like what you just said.

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I've seen this pattern repeated many times on this forum. Exactly like what you just said.

Emotional conclusions I realise now summarise where we are with people.
I wonder if someone reaches the depths of disowning anothers faith, is there a way back for them?

anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell.
Matt 5:22

There seems to be an emotional and spiritual divide, where someone expresses a certain view and walk, and the other party at first gets irritated, then annoyed, then angry and then goes too far. I know of one individual who got hurt, and over a year managed to reconcile and admit they were angry and ask for forgiveness. Jesus talked about the unforgivable sin, speaking against the Holy Spirit.

When anothers life and experience in Christ is dealt with as if it is just another idiot expressing things in a group, I wonder if this demonstrates of a state gone too far? Jesus raised this point when teachers of the law were saying Jesus was doing miracles by satan.

I am being charitable, by suggesting people shut off the Lord speaking to them through an unusual source, their enemy or opponent, which if resisted shuts out God permanently.

Ironically I am told I am shutting God out by rejecting false teachers, except I declared my openness to heavenly experiences and life within the context of scripture and honouring Christ and His work. One clear sign of a false teacher is their reaction to caution or discernment by condemnation and complete spiritual annihilation. To me this suggests deep hurt and anger which is unresolved, and a sense of opposition they are very sensitive about. Jesus knew His enemies hated Him, but that was fine, you either listened to Him or did not. A lot of these groups are not interested in Jesus of scripture but Jesus of their experience.....whatever that is. There are two such individuals on this forum who take their view, both from different positions, one holiness the other anything goes. Which should I listen to I wonder? Jesus is the answer, Amen.

Reactions: marks