Fear of God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

grandma dolittle

May 23, 2012
Missouri
Do people fear God anymore? His name is taking in vain as a common part of some people's speach. Jokes about God are made. We as a nation have pushed God's teaching to the limit. We have accepted as normal tv programs that have sexual insinuations, gays kissing and living together as a sitcome. We have put out wants and desires ahead of God. We work 5-6 days and demand the Sabboth as our day of doing what we want, golfing, fishing, camping, mowing the lawn.

We are following the path that Isreal did when God dispersed the nation. They deserted God and so have we. Our leaders seem to pass laws to promote their agenda, not what the people want or is it what the people want? Do we as a nation want abortion, same sex marriage, God taken out of our monuments, government places, and schools? How long will it be before God is banned in our churches? Many of our churches have left God and invited the world in their services. Where is fear of God? Do we think he won't punish us? He is a God of love and mercy, but he is also a God of wrath.

layhoma

May 23, 2012
Hong Kong
1 of the 12 signs that we are very near at end of the World, Christ's Second coming. The degradation of society, things that you have mentioned were all prohesised more than 2000 years ago.

The accelerating pace of moral decline (fulfilling prophecy). The increase of sexual immorality (including promiscuity and adultery in the heterosexual population, the pervasive influence of the gay/lesbian movement in political and media circles), the prevalence of lying (perjury), stealing, disrespect for parents, covetousness, and hatred among the nations will accelerate the advent of God's wrath against the world as a whole. God's Law, the standard of morality is denigrated and/or ignored by most of Christendom since most preachers refuse to obey or teach the fourth commandment regarding the seventh-day Sabbath and thus have to throw out all Ten.
"Sir Arnold Toynbee, in his famed analysis of the rise and fall of world civilizations, A Study of History, outlines six unmistakable evidences for the disintegration and collapse of a world civilization:

Civilizations committing a "cultural suicide" and self-destructing;
Escape from reality and retreat into thrill seeking;
Have a sense of helplessness and powerlessness;
Feel self-loathing and guilt;
A prevalent sense of promiscuity;
Disregard for morality and a pervasiveness of lawlessness.

http://www.bibleplus.org/12signs.htm

Roger

May 21, 2012
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do people fear God anymore? His name is taking in vain as a common part of some people's speach. Jokes about God are made. We as a nation have pushed God's teaching to the limit. We have accepted as normal tv programs that have sexual insinuations, gays kissing and living together as a sitcome. We have put out wants and desires ahead of God. We work 5-6 days and demand the Sabboth as our day of doing what we want, golfing, fishing, camping, mowing the lawn.

We are following the path that Isreal did when God dispersed the nation. They deserted God and so have we. Our leaders seem to pass laws to promote their agenda, not what the people want or is it what the people want? Do we as a nation want abortion, same sex marriage, God taken out of our monuments, government places, and schools? How long will it be before God is banned in our churches? Many of our churches have left God and invited the world in their services. Where is fear of God? Do we think he won't punish us? He is a God of love and mercy, but he is also a God of wrath.

grandma dolittle, Hi

What you say, Fear God, reminds me of...

Esther :4:11 All the king's servants, and the people of the king's provinces, do know, that whosoever, whether man or woman, shall come unto the king into the inner court, who is not called, there is one law of his to put him to death, except such to whom the king shall hold out the golden sceptre, that he may live: but I have not been called to come in unto the king these thirty days.

Imagine you suddenly are on your knees before God and you see a scepter being held out, and God says, "Ask what you will."Maybe you might say, "To do greater works than Jesus, as Jesus said." and he replied, "granted."

If I appeared before his throne suddenly makes me fear God. " Oh God hold out your scepter." I fear you so.

I love you God with tears in my eyes, and these tears of joy are put there by Jesus.

All that call upon the name of the Lord are welcome in my house.

Peace to you, for he looks down upon the low estate of his handmaiden.

--Roger, God's Scribe

xBluxTunicx82

Apr 6, 2012
The mention of Israel in your post leads me to point out that dispersed Israel IS still behaving like they did in the history of the bible. There is no 'fear' of God anymore because the families responsible for raising up their children in the way of God so that they will not depart from the faith have failed. Utterly failed.

God has been watered down in many churches today to be 'only love' or 'only peace', forgetting that God is to be a BATTLEAXE. Christians are ridiculed because the twisting of scriptures has caused many to believe that to be a 'good' Christian, you must love everybody, everything, and be tolerant to society. Oh, how far from the truth this truly is.

It is important that we resist the measures of all things anti Christian and false.

Come out from among her, MY PEOPLE, and be ye separate.

another gem

[background=rgb(249, 253, 255)]"IF my people, which are called by my name(Christians), shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways(repent); THEN will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal THEIR land."[/background]
[background=rgb(249, 253, 255)]Who are Gods people? Dare I suggest that it isn't who we have been taught for so many years?[/background]

[background=rgb(249, 253, 255)]Notice the condition? If and Then...first, His people, true Israel, must realize their faults, then they as a people, must repent, and THEN all will be healed. But at the rate we are going, more and more people accept a lie, and simply classify themselves as Gentiles... [/background]

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand

I had come to realize some time ago that although we live in this world, we are not part of it.

John 17
[sup]13 [/sup]But now I come to You, and these things I speak in the world, that they may have My joy fulfilled in themselves. [sup]14 [/sup]I have given them Your word; and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. [sup]15 [/sup]I do not pray that You should take them out of the world, but that You should keep them from the evil one.[sup]16 [/sup]They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. [sup]17 [/sup]Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth. [sup]18 [/sup]As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world. [sup]19 [/sup]And for their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they also may be sanctified by the truth.

We have been called out from the world into Christ. The world hates us because the world hated Jesus and Father.

John 15
[sup]18 [/sup]“If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you. [sup]19 [/sup]If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. [sup]20 [/sup]Remember the word that I said to you, ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you. If they kept My word, they will keep yours also. [sup]21 [/sup]But all these things they will do to you for My name’s sake, because they do not know Him who sent Me. [sup]22 [/sup]If I had not come and spoken to them, they would have no sin, but now they have no excuse for their sin. [sup]23 [/sup]He who hates Me hates My Father also. [sup]24 [/sup]If I had not done among them the works which no one else did, they would have no sin; but now they have seen and also hated both Me and My Father.[sup]25 [/sup]But this happened that the word might be fulfilled which is written in their law, ‘They hated Me without a cause.’

God has a purpose and plan for us while we live in this world...and we will fulfill it according to his will...

Blessings!!!

Jul 6, 2011
No they dont fear God. Infact they object to fearing Him often saying if one fears God it isnt love because perfect love casts out fear. It is true perfect love (which is God) does cast out fear, but they have this mentality that love=god, not God is love.

grandma dolittle

May 23, 2012
Missouri
All of you have posted some good views. My heart breaks as I look around my small church. As a child growing up, we had about 100 members and some very good services. The ministers preached on hell and the wages of sin and I still remember thoses messages now. I am 66 years old and I remember many a revival, harbor meetings, etc where sinners came to church and was saved. Now we can't get all19 of our members to show up for church!

Jul 6, 2011
It is disapointing to hear how your church fellowship has shrunk grandma dolittle, but good to hear of your faith.
There are many many new churches,. and good ones that have started and are thriving though. God is moving.
Keep witnessing with your church though.
:mellow:

grandma dolittle

May 23, 2012
Missouri
Star, Thank you. Our church membership may be small, but God lives in his house! You can feel his presence when you enter the door. We keep trying to encourage people to attend, but Satan has other plans. What Satan doesn't comprehend is Greather is He that is in me than he that is in the world.