What was Jesus going to do, before He became focused on saving us (from sin)?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi there,

So I am just wondering, if Jesus was inspired to make His life a sacrifice, what would He have done, if we hadn't needed saving? I'm not saying we didn't need saving, but was saving in preference to something else? Like would He have dedicated His life to building the Temple? Or would He have set out to rule other nations? It's a sort of "who made God?" question; we couldn't have done anything well, if we had no sacrifice for sin. Indeed all our efforts would ultimately have failed us. I'm just wondering...

...is there anything that Jesus would rather have us do, now that we have been paid for?

Food for thought.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi there,

So I am just wondering, if Jesus was inspired to make His life a sacrifice, what would He have done, if we hadn't needed saving? I'm not saying we didn't need saving, but was saving in preference to something else? Like would He have dedicated His life to building the Temple? Or would He have set out to rule other nations? It's a sort of "who made God?" question; we couldn't have done anything well, if we had no sacrifice for sin. Indeed all our efforts would ultimately have failed us. I'm just wondering...

...is there anything that Jesus would rather have us do, now that we have been paid for?

Food for thought.

It all goes back to Adam. If Adam had never sinned, and neither had Lucifer, then Jesus would have remained the Word of God and never have become human so He could die.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It all goes back to Adam. If Adam had never sinned, and neither had Lucifer, then Jesus would have remained the Word of God and never have become human so He could die.
You don't think God would send someone else, to do something like I suggested?

Well so if God would do something different, why wouldn't Jesus?

SavedInHim

Jan 10, 2023
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi there,

Food for thought.
The simple fact is we're sinners and we did need saving. I find it's better to stay grounded in reality here and now than to speculate on "what ifs." If Jesus had an agenda before He "became focused on saving us (from sin)," and it can be demonstrated from scripture, I'd like to see it.

Reactions: Nancy

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The simple fact is we're sinners and we did need saving. I find it's better to stay grounded in reality here and now than to speculate on "what ifs." If Jesus had an agenda before He "became focused on saving us (from sin)," and it can be demonstrated from scripture, I'd like to see it.
1 Peter 1:20
He indeed was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you.

God wanted fellowship, so: Before God created the first angel perfect. Before God created the earth perfect. Before God created man perfect. God knew that all three would eventually have to be cursed and wickedness would have to be purified out of them like gold, and what was left would be truly perfect forever and ever. Therefore, before the first word out of God's mouth, the plan of redemption was already foreordained. God already could see the new heavens and the new earth and not even the possibility of sin again.

cc: @Gottservant and @Nancy :)

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think what I am asking maybe an anti-christ. It suggests that God started time, before He considered His Son's potential and then gave that potential after the fact, among other things. Instead, Jesus was ready to save us, before our being formed had come to pass.

This is because faith is not a work of the Law, but of Grace - and that Grace superceded anything that would be created.

It's just hard because the world wants a semblance of "faith" that is without God's 'interference' and just interfering is not how God does things.

So I guess I am at a loss? Is there anything I could do that would help people be saved, that I wasn't doing beforehand? Or does the same rule apply: wait for the Grace of God, to do it (as was planned)?

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
But then again I have another question (perhaps betraying my ignorance, but forgive me): is there anything God would rather have me doing, than helping Jesus save people? Building up a charity trust fund? Painting works of nature? These things are still good, but are not directly the will of God?

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So if Adam and Eve had never sinned we all would be living in Eden or as seen in Revelation, the New Jerusalem.
There would of been no need of a new, because there would of been no sin.

So the question becomes... why the snake?

Something to do with being faithful, being tested and tried. Worthy.
And man on his own wasn't.

Adam made a curious statement:
Gen 2:24
Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

And what happened when Adam left his Father?
Gen 3:17
And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;

Maybe it was the leaving the Father part....

Just thinking..
Hugs

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi there,

Food for thought.
I think Jesus was God in flesh, so I think he knew from the beginning what he was going to do.