Fear

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...BTW- I did fear my earthly father, but I never respected him- pretty much up to the day he died. He was an angry man but, did the best he could, he was broken...I did not honor him at the time and sadly, cannot honor him in life so I will in his death. After many years of struggling with seeing God as a "Perfect Father figure" because of this kind of fear, I see Him in a different light. Jesus first came to the lost in Love, not fire and brimstone. Where is the freedom in Christ? Should we not "rest in Him"? Are we not in the family of God right now? I do not believe our Perfect Father in Heaven want's us to live under the gun all the time, that is not resting in Christ and His finished work. Now I can see how fear could and should scare the unsaved but, not those that are His.
This is a lot of what the author struggled with in the book, The Shack.

Reactions: Nancy and Truth

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a lot of what the author struggled with in the book, The Shack.

There is a Great difference between FEAR , and reverence! as I read through your post, I could see a similarity of my life!
I wasn't afraid of my dad, I was Terrified of him. I was the youngest of 4 boys, so I witnessed His wrath as it came down the line, from the oldest to the youngest, if there was a misconduct it was layed on all of us! There was no Mercy, we all got it, and I do not mean he reprimanded us, He beat us! It took the love of God for me to forgive him, and in the end he will have to face Judgment.
While my dad was in the Navy he mad a belt from a razor strop, and when he slipped it out of his belt loops, you knew it was Judgement time, and he never pulled a punch, so to speak!
I do not Hate! I realize what I learned through all that I dealt with was the difference between right and wrong, I have met quite a few soul's that had a dad like mine. So I do admire my dad because he instilled a virtue in me that does comply to our Savior's words!
So without a second thought, I do Honor my dad! He did what he knew, and that was His best! Weather I liked it or not.

Reactions: Willie T and Nancy

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 12:5 - But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear him who, after your body has been killed, has authority to throw you into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him.

Do I fear God? Yes. Absolutely. It is a healthy fear and reverence of His great power and might. We all should have a healthy level of fear. Even though I know I am saved, I still know I have to give an account of everything I do. If that does not cause one to have some level of fear then I would assume that person does not fully understand God's power.

We serve God because we love Him, He first loved us.

Fear is not always a bad thing BUT it should not be the ONLY thing motivating us to live a Christian life.
Our obedience to God is out of a loving heart towards Him and fear is our recognition that He is The Almighty.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There is a Great difference between FEAR , and reverence! as I read through your post, I could see a similarity of my life!
I wasn't afraid of my dad, I was Terrified of him. I was the youngest of 4 boys, so I witnessed His wrath as it came down the line, from the oldest to the youngest, if there was a misconduct it was layed on all of us! There was no Mercy, we all got it, and I do not mean he reprimanded us, He beat us! It took the love of God for me to forgive him, and in the end he will have to face Judgment.
While my dad was in the Navy he mad a belt from a razor strop, and when he slipped it out of his belt loops, you knew it was Judgement time, and he never pulled a punch, so to speak!
I do not Hate! I realize what I learned through all that I dealt with was the difference between right and wrong, I have met quite a few soul's that had a dad like mine. So I do admire my dad because he instilled a virtue in me that does comply to our Savior's words!
So without a second thought, I do Honor my dad! He did what he knew, and that was His best! Weather I liked it or not.
My dad never hit any of my brothers or sisters ever and we never spoke back to him ever, but he sure was harsh basted and was just a real prick to me at times when I think back.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Does your relationship with God include fear?
Is fear compatable with faith?
Is love based on fear really love or simply duty?
Are you afraid of the end of the world?

Another question...

Which is better ... To serve out of a sense of fear and duty... Or to speak of love but be disobedient?

Theres scripture that speaks of the one whi says no but then does and the one who says yes but doesnt... Cant quite place it though...

Peace brother!

Reactions: aspen and Helen

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Aspen:

When I was much younger, fear did have a hold of my heart in my barely recognizable walk with God.

This fear was of sin, and sinning and when I sinned. It sometimes haunted me for years and I became a little depressed at times. As time rolled on, and my faith grew through prayer and reading the word of God, fear has become a rare commodity in my now brisk walk with God. Fear suddenly subsided as a pesky noise that eventually diminished and was barely ‘audible.’

God gave me the faith that is much stronger today. He has taught me to overcome this fear as the spirit of Christ within me overcame the world.

Whilst overcoming fear in my life, my love for God has grown tremendously. I am growing more and more into and like the spirit that Christ possessed/ possesses, and my staying power in this spirit lasts much longer before I need a ‘refill.’

I look forward to the coming of the Messiah and the ‘end’ of the world. Yes indeed-dee!

Bless you,

APAK
I don't look forward to the 'end' of the world and I have the Lord Jesus with me anyway.
The think why I don't is because the end will be like WW2 but much worse and I will just stick to Jesus Christ and worn people about the evils of such madness, we need not go through the fires of hell if we all turn to Jesus Christ and that two wrongs do not make a right.

So it comes down to this, if you were back in 1939 would you want or wish that war to happen ? or not.
It did not have to happen, W Churchill said it did not have to happen, but that they were after markets, now he said that back in 1965 on TV look it up on youtube and he said they did not have to fire a shot and he did not truly give a cracker about the Nazis, he did not truly see them as a real problem. many real wealthy Jews did real well due to the war and after cleaned up markets for themselves and before the war and 3 years into the war such Jews financed the Nazis in fact.

So at the end of the day people who want WW3 and who will maybe just come out the other end will have only one reality and that's the same reality that there ever was.

Jesus is not coming back down in the flesh and the Bible informs us of this, it's the Holy Spirit that comes into reality, just as it does now. only it will be a big thing that people will realise that they were all duped by the Satanist who lead them into the fires of Hell.

Do I want people to suffer such a fait, no. but I am sure it will happen, because the fires are being fed by fools.

Satanist created WW2 and played all the people for fools, Churchill was a Freemason Hitler was a Freemason as was the USA President and Stalin was as well and all the rest of them Satanist Zionist Talmud Jews, not to mention that the same type of morons are in control now playing all for fools. Pope Francis is a Zionist Talmud Devil.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't look forward to the 'end' of the world and I have the Lord Jesus with me anyway.
The think why I don't is because the end will be like WW2 but much worse and I will just stick to Jesus Christ and worn people about the evils of such madness, we need not go through the fires of hell if we all turn to Jesus Christ and that two wrongs do not make a right.

So it comes down to this, if you were back in 1939 would you want or wish that war to happen ? or not.
It did not have to happen, W Churchill said it did not have to happen, but that they were after markets, now he said that back in 1965 on TV look it up on youtube and he said they did not have to fire a shot and he did not truly give a cracker about the Nazis, he did not truly see them as a real problem. many real wealthy Jews did real well due to the war and after cleaned up markets for themselves and before the war and 3 years into the war such Jews financed the Nazis in fact.

So at the end of the day people who want WW3 and who will maybe just come out the other end will have only one reality and that's the same reality that there ever was.

Jesus is not coming back down in the flesh and the Bible informs us of this, it's the Holy Spirit that comes into reality, just as it does now. only it will be a big thing that people will realise that they were all duped by the Satanist who lead them into the fires of Hell.

Do I want people to suffer such a fait, no. but I am sure it will happen, because the fires are being fed by fools.

Satanist created WW2 and played all the people for fools, Churchill was a Freemason Hitler was a Freemason as was the USA President and Stalin was as well and all the rest of them Satanist Zionist Talmud Jews, not to mention that the same type of morons are in control now playing all for fools. Pope Francis is a Zionist Talmud Devil.

Jesus our Lord has overcome the world my friend. I am with him as he lives in me...

Bless you Reggie,

APAK

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does your relationship with God include fear?
Is fear compatable with faith?
Is love based on fear really love or simply duty?
Are you afraid of the end of the world?

It's amazing the array of answers you get from a variety of backgrounds.

I think those the enemy tried to destroy through fear need a greater emphasis on love in their relationship with God. But for those whom the enemy tried to destroy through liberality while growing up, there needs to be an emphasis on perfecting holiness in the fear of God as Paul described. I fall more into the latter category than the former, but I'm not normally walking in much disobedience so as to need to feel fear. But it never disappears completely, since the path of walking with God as a servant always seems to get a little straighter and a little narrower with each passing year.

Blessings and peace.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Fear ? you will reap what you sow as such of what you have done or do, as if it's not in Jesus that we do something or things, but that if it is a un Godly or some satanic thing that one does, then you should fear in regard to that for sure.
It's because you are not abiding in Gods will, that one should fear, not only of ones self but also due to others, one should be mindful that you are not leading them astray with your works.

If one does not fear the Lord, is like one who has no respect or is a fool.

I am not scared of Jesus Christ I honour him. the flesh is weak one must understand but the Spirit is strong, as when one is truly Born Again of the Holy Spirit knows this is a fact.

If one does not have the Holy Spirit well they will not fear the Lord and that's why they killed Jesus, because they abided in the works of man, as such a one is lead astray by idols and evil spirits.

Nations that turn away from the Holy Spirit are condemning themselves to hell fire and damnation, they are fools that are lead astray by demons who are only using them and abusing them. it's like a card game being plated of your, It.

When I got Born Again I seen things form a new position, some what as if I was out of this world but part of it and looking apon the world from a different perspective, in time I could see through the vail and just how we are duped by the cunning of this world, Jesus said that he was not of this world, but we can have his world, it's the Kingdom of God. but one must be truly Born Again to come into it. but the worldly can not abide in the Kingdom of God.
The worldly are much like Cain, Cain had a choice that God gave him, but he rejected that and that's why he was a marked man. just as all who oppose the Lord Jesus are marked men.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's amazing the array of answers you get from a variety of backgrounds.

I think those the enemy tried to destroy through fear need a greater emphasis on love in their relationship with God. But for those whom the enemy tried to destroy through liberality while growing up, there needs to be an emphasis on perfecting holiness in the fear of God as Paul described. I fall more into the latter category than the former, but I'm not normally walking in much disobedience so as to need to feel fear. But it never disappears completely, since the path of walking with God as a servant always seems to get a little straighter and a little narrower with each passing year.

Blessings and peace.
Just as you are walking comfortably down the highway of holiness, one side or the other or both put the squeeze on you. A little less wobbling from side to side is allowed.