feasts of charity?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lately, I have so many questions and thoughts (right or wrong)about the Lord’s Supper. Questions regarding the breaking of bread and the giving of wine. Not to be offensive but Catholic’s are often compared to the Pharisees, dressed in the best priests robes, in the highest seats, in ritual of passing of the bread and cups for another to take and eat of His presence. As is the pope. Which brought up a question I have about the Pharisees. Did the Pharisees hold or practice communion? When the Pharisees, unless I’ve misunderstood, were before the Lord teaching one must eat of his flesh and drink of his blood...which when those heard, even his disciples, they had never heard such a thing before. John 6:32-34 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven. [33] For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world. [34] Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread.

In my mind I’ve always envisioned the Pharisees performing the Lord’s Supper? Did they? When did the breaking of Bread begin? Another member had posted of ‘feasts of charity’? In Jude 1:12-13 These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots; [13] Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.

how is feasts in the OT different than His words of the New ‘you must eat of My flesh and drink of My blood or there is no Life in you.’ His asking ‘does this offend you also?

‘feast of charity’ makes me think of
1 Corinthians 11:23-26 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread: [24] And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me. [25] After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me. [26] For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.

Another thought on Jude is
1) spots in your feast of charity
Jude 1:23 And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

2)feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds;
Carried about of winds ...Ephesians 4:14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

3) trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots; [13] Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.
James 1:6-7 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. [7] For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.

Churning, foaming out shame, wandering, tossed to and fro Luke 21:25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; ...For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. ...carried about by every wind of doctrine and sleight of men waiting to deceive...feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds of every doctrine ...without water 1 John 2:27-28 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you:

1 Corinthians 2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Spirit teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

Realize that is a lot of scriptures but so many come to mind in what is ‘feasts of Charity’ ...even 1 Corinthians 13:13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity. Hebrews 6:13-14 For when God made promise to Abraham, because he could swear by no greater, he sware by himself, [14] Saying, Surely blessing I will bless thee, and multiplying I will multiply thee.

1 Corinthians 13:3-8 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing. [4] Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, [5] Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; [6] Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; [7] Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things. [8] Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

Luke 24:30-32 And it came to pass, as he sat at meat with them, he took bread, and blessed it, and brake, and gave to them. [31] And their eyes were opened, and they knew him; and he vanished out of their sight. [32] And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

Luke 24:35 And they told what things were done in the way, and how he was known of them in breaking of bread.

‘And how he was known of them in the breaking of bread’ ... yet also the beware of ’spots’ feeding themselves without fear. 1 Corinthians 11:17-18 Now in this that I declare unto you I praise you not, that ye come together not for the better, but for the worse. [18] For first of all, when ye come together in the church, I hear that there be divisions among you; and I partly believe it.

These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves ...Jude 1:23-24 And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh. [24] Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,
...how he was known of them in breaking of bread.

1 Corinthians 11:21-24 For in eating every one taketh before other his own supper: and one is hungry, and another is drunken. [22] What? have ye not houses to eat and to drink in? or despise ye the church of God, and shame them that have not? What shall I say to you? shall I praise you in this? I praise you not. [23] For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread: [24] And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.

Last edited:

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
for one Pharisees didn't have anything to do with what is now called communion in the Christian context.
the first time bread is mentioned is

Gen 3:18  Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field; 
Gen 3:19  In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return. 

without getting into it is associated with the life lost and now left with as in dust to dust like all other flesh.

the first time wine is mention is

Gen 9:20  And Noah began to be an husbandman, and he planted a vineyard: 
Gen 9:21  And he drank of the wine, and was drunken; and he was uncovered within his tent. 

and Noah is associated with finding God's Grace were grace is first mentioned.

the second time bread and or wine is mentioned is with Abraham the man of the same faith.

Gen 14:17  And the king of Sodom went out to meet him after his return from the slaughter of Chedorlaomer, and of the kings that were with him, at the valley of Shaveh, which is the king's dale. 
Gen 14:18  And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God. 
Gen 14:19  And he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth: 

Jesus the author and finisher of the faith did bring the bread and the wine respectively to the faithful. and is the fulfillment of all these things according to His Father.

so one should start from there if they seek to look into it

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lately, I have so many questions and thoughts (right or wrong)about the Lord’s Supper. Questions regarding the breaking of bread and the giving of wine. Not to be offensive but Catholic’s are often compared to the Pharisees, dressed in the best priests robes, in the highest seats, in ritual of passing of the bread and cups for another to take and eat of His presence. As is the pope. Which brought up a question I have about the Pharisees. Did the Pharisees hold or practice communion? When the Pharisees, unless I’ve misunderstood, were before the Lord teaching one must eat of his flesh and drink of his blood...which when those heard, even his disciples, they had never heard such a thing before. John 6:32-34 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven. [33] For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world. [34] Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread.
I have never done a study on Pharisees in particular, but consider Apostle Paul who was a Pharisee born of the tribe of Benjamin [although I doubt that all Pharisees were of Benjamin]. In the law given to Moses, only the priests could partake of the shewbread on the table of shewbread. That bread was unleavened meaning it had no yeast in it so it would never rise to make a nice fluffy fat loaf of bread. Also the priests as per Moses' law were necessarily of the sons of Aaron, himself of the tribe of Levi. In that feast of unleavened bread every one [no tribal distinctions] ate of the unleavened bread commemorating the bread the Israelites [all 12 tribes] carried out of Egypt with no leaven added. The Pharisees were a sect formed a very long time after the Israelites came out of Egyptian bondage and also long after there were no more Kings in the Promised Land [Canaanland].

The bread of which Jesus partook in the gospels would have been in celebration of the Passover, the feast remembering that time when the death angel passed over the homes marked with blood so that their first born were spared in Egypt. But the Israelites in Egypt and thereafter were not purposely eating the flesh of Jesus. Jesus instituted a new thing, which really was not so new but really was related to the earlier practice of the Hebrews. Now people were to eat his flesh and drink his blood, whatever that actually meant...

In my mind I’ve always envisioned the Pharisees performing the Lord’s Supper? Did they? When did the breaking of Bread begin? Another member had posted of ‘feasts of charity’? In Jude 1:12-13 These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots; [13] Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.

Probably, the Pharisees, to perform the Lord's supper would have been a group of them, who like Saul/Paul converted from old Judaism to Christianity. They are related, but they are certainly not the same. Christianity is directly connected to Jesus as the promised Messiah about which the OT prophets as well as the priests in temple and synagogue taught, but the Jews, the ones practicing Judaism as per the law given to Moses, as a group never accepted Jesus as their Messiah in fulfillment of prophecy. The connection really is not there because Judaism or its membership as a whole would not change. Related but disconnected. The Pharisees were believers in the law of Moses and any living today would still be awaiting the arriving of their Messiah [not Jesus].

Jesus broke the bread with his immediate disciples for a Passover. Perhaps that was the last direct connection between Judaism and Christianity?

Many Christians partake of bread and wine commemorating that "last supper" of Jesus, but not directly commemorating the death angel letting the first born in Egypt stay alive and not die.

how is feasts in the OT different than His words of the New ‘you must eat of My flesh and drink of My blood or there is no Life in you.’ His asking ‘does this offend you also?
Jesus used the OT scriptures to teach his message. He understood things beyond what the Jews taught and believed when he walked the streets of Jerusalem 2000 years ago. I cannot describe it all, but I believe that every OT feast required of the Israelites by God may be related specifically to what God provides and expects from Christians following Christ today. Every detail of that OT law relates at least in type or shadow of the reality of God and things of God. Jesus fills up the gaps in detail and understandings not available to most or even all of the OT priests and prophets.

"And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me." Luke 24:44

Last edited:
Reactions: VictoryinJesus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@VictoryinJesus Part II
Jesus himself is the fulfillment, but how many people really have a full understanding that? How many people are growing toward a full understanding of that?

They spoke to Jesus apparently of cannibalism because they misunderstood. Today many perhaps understand it better, but how clear is their vision of Jesus?

‘feast of charity’ makes me think of
1 Corinthians 11:23-26 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread: [24] And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me. [25] After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me. [26] For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.

Another thought on Jude is
1) spots in your feast of charity
Jude 1:23 And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.
Consider the charity described in I Corinthians chapter 13. There are some very definite flaws in the understanding of people reading that chapter. Some of them are very dark spots of blindness. spots in there feasts of charity. The dark spots may be, or be caused by, the ways of men of flesh holding on too tightly onto the old man and his ways, not allowing the Holy Spirit in themselves to cleanse and lead them to a brighter Light and a clearer vision, even eventually to a face to face vision. The fire, like the fiery furnace of Nebuchadnezzar, burns up those who are already dead and burns up anything still binding any part of anyone who has the real Life that Jesus brought in him.
2)feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds;
Carried about of winds ...Ephesians 4:14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
Yes, no more wavering, moving back and forth between this doctrine and that one, or worse, between definite truth and definite lie. What are we eating... our own flesh, or the flesh of others, or the flesh of the Word of God?

3) trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots; [13] Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.
James 1:6-7 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. [7] For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.
Trees with dead and inedible fruit? The second death is the one for those born dead and then born again and then because they do not produce living fruit they die again... the 2nd and final death from which there would be no revival!

The ones who waver, the waves among the dead waves of a Dead Sea filled with the dead zombies walking or floating around acting as if they were alive, when they most certainly are dead. Stars with subdued and diminishing light as they head toward darkness wandering blindly. Just any wind, the wind of devils and satan within themselves driving them for they have quenched the Holy Wind, the Holy Spirit of God.

Churning, foaming out shame, wandering, tossed to and fro Luke 21:25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; ...For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. ...carried about by every wind of doctrine and sleight of men waiting to deceive...feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds of every doctrine ...without water 1 John 2:27-28 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you:

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@VictoryinJesus Part III
1 Corinthians 2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Spirit teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

Realize that is a lot of scriptures but so many come to mind in what is ‘feasts of Charity’ ...even 1 Corinthians 13:13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity. Hebrews 6:13-14 For when God made promise to Abraham, because he could swear by no greater, he sware by himself, [14] Saying, Surely blessing I will bless thee, and multiplying I will multiply thee.
Feasts of charity or love, which most certainly is God seen in His Son, the Word of God or in His people in which the Holy Spirit leads rather than the spirit of a dead man or a devil or satan when our charity is ever so spotted.

Lots of people taking a communion of wafers and wine, but is it more than the raw grain grown in the field or the juice of grapes grown on the vine... or does it come from the True Vine?

1 Corinthians 13:3-8 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing. [4] Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, [5] Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; [6] Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; [7] Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things. [8] Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

Luke 24:30-32 And it came to pass, as he sat at meat with them, he took bread, and blessed it, and brake, and gave to them. [31] And their eyes were opened, and they knew him; and he vanished out of their sight. [32] And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?
God's people walking blindly not recognizing Him or His voice as if they were strangers led by the adversary, the devil or satan, then they received a touch to their eyes perhaps as they are thinking on Him and their eyes are opened to see...
Luke 24:35 And they told what things were done in the way, and how he was known of them in breaking of bread.

‘And how he was known of them in the breaking of bread’ ... yet also the beware of ’spots’ feeding themselves without fear. 1 Corinthians 11:17-18 Now in this that I declare unto you I praise you not, that ye come together not for the better, but for the worse. [18] For first of all, when ye come together in the church, I hear that there be divisions among you; and I partly believe it.

These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves ...Jude 1:23-24 And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh. [24] Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,
...how he was known of them in breaking of bread.

1 Corinthians 11:21-24 For in eating every one taketh before other his own supper: and one is hungry, and another is drunken. [22] What? have ye not houses to eat and to drink in? or despise ye the church of God, and shame them that have not? What shall I say to you? shall I praise you in this? I praise you not. [23] For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread: [24] And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.
What is it?
Manna it is!
But is it His Body quickened by the Holy Spirit?

"Our fathers did eat manna in the desert; as it is written, He gave them bread from heaven to eat.
Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven.
For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world." John 6:31-33

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Zec 8:19 Thus saith the LORD of hosts; The fast of the fourth month, and the fast of the fifth, and the fast of the seventh, and the fast of the tenth, shall be to the house of Judah joy and gladness, and cheerful feasts; therefore love the truth and peace.

Isaiah 58
Cry aloud, spare not, lift up thy voice like a trumpet, and shew my people their transgression, and the house of Jacob their sins.
Yet they seek me daily, and delight to know my ways, as a nation that did righteousness, and forsook not the ordinance of their God: they ask of me the ordinances of justice; they take delight in approaching to God.
Wherefore have we fasted, say they, and thou seest not? wherefore have we afflicted our soul, and thou takest no knowledge? Behold, in the day of your fast ye find pleasure, and exact all your labours.
Behold, ye fast for strife and debate, and to smite with the fist of wickedness: ye shall not fast as ye do this day, to make your voice to be heard on high.
Is it such a fast that I have chosen? a day for a man to afflict his soul? is it to bow down his head as a bulrush, and to spread sackcloth and ashes under him? wilt thou call this a fast, and an acceptable day to the LORD?
Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?
Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh?
Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the LORD shall be thy rereward.
Then shalt thou call, and the LORD shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I am. If thou take away from the midst of thee the yoke, the putting forth of the finger, and speaking vanity;
And if thou draw out thy soul to the hungry, and satisfy the afflicted soul; then shall thy light rise in obscurity, and thy darkness be as the noonday:
And the LORD shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not.
And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in.
If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:
Then shalt thou delight thyself in the LORD; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

Matthew 25: 35 -46

For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

(In the 4th, 5th, 7th and 10th month feasts of Charity)

Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Jde 1:12 These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;
Jde 1:13 Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.

Some will say these are just for the House of Judah... but I digress..
Hugs

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WOW...
Never seen an OP who knew so little but tries to be an educator.

Doesn't know what and who a Pharisee was.
Insults Christians...AKA God's Servants.
Doesn't understand scripture.
Doesn't know history
Doesn't know what a feast was for.

Feast of Stephen is one of my favorite things. I practice it regularly every year. So does most of Christiandom.

Good luck!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WOW...

Doesn't know history

Feast of Stephen is one of my favorite things. I practice it regularly every year. So does most of Christiandom.

Good luck!
Are you just naturally an AHOLE or do you practice??

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps he sees this as his job on CB, and he takes pride in a job done well. :oops::D

Oh, my, this is not very charitable of me! God bless JohnDB and ALL the CBers with a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Last edited:

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps he sees this as his job on CB, and he takes pride in a job done well. :oops::D

Oh, my, this is not very charitable of me! God bless JohnDB and ALL the CBers with very MERRY CHRISTMAS!
There is this saying, goes kinda like this...
Do unto others as you would have done unto you..
Or another, you reap what you sow.

and a Merry Christmas to you as well Prayer Warrior

Hugs

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Oh, my, this is not very charitable of me! God bless JohnDB and ALL the CBers with very MERRY CHRISTMAS!

I was born breech...
I've seen no reason to change.
I have hopes of leaving this world in a similar fashion as I came into it.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WOW...

Doesn't know history

Good luck!
Does your arm ever get out of joint from that?

I do not believe she tries to be an educator, but sometimes she is. She is from my experience over the years here one seeking His face and sometimes she shares some of the good things she has seen.

Should you try so hard to be a judge as if you knew her heart and her walk and her place with God? Are you not familiar with these verses?

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
...a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;" Ecc 3:1,7

"Judge not, that ye be not judged.
For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye." Matt 7:1-5

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was born breech...
If then you, as every person since Adam and Eve, except Jesus, has been born dead in the eyes of God, is that really your hope?

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does your arm ever get out of joint from that?

I do not believe she tries to be an educator, but sometimes she is. She is from my experience over the years here one seeking His face and sometimes she shares some of the good things she has seen.

Should you try so hard to be a judge as if you knew her heart and her walk and her place with God? Are you not familiar with these verses?

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
...a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;" Ecc 3:1,7

"Judge not, that ye be not judged.
For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye." Matt 7:1-5

If she used true humility in seeking knowledge that would illicit a completely different response.

BUT

That isn't what happened.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If then you, as every person since Adam and Eve, except Jesus, has been born dead in the eyes of God, is that really your hope?
Not what I was suggesting.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was born breech...
Breech, huh? Ouch!

How do you leave this world breech?? :confused: (Maybe I shouldn’t ask.)

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If she used true humility in seeking knowledge that would illicit a completely different response.

BUT

That isn't what happened.
So you are saying then that she did something wrong to you and therefore is it OK for you to 'pay her back' in kind? Is that what Jesus did or what He said to do?

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You realize that he is working for Fake News as a distractor from the topic at hand.
Feasts of Charity in which no doubt he has no knowledge of.
We should just continue the topic and IGNORE him.

Hugs

Reactions: amadeus

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi John, it’ll most likely be later tonight before Vickie has a chance to respond. She only just got finished serving dinner to all of us here in the home, she’s riding across town right now to go and feed her soon to be 90 year old mother. I can’t fully know her heart for only God can, but I can in observation say, She’s a servant and I believe this is what God requires.
As far as teacher.... well, she’s taught me a lot, but only since learning to listen.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you are saying then that she did something wrong to you and therefore is it OK for you to 'pay her back' in kind? Is that what Jesus did or what He said to do?

God gives grace to the Humble but opposes the proud.
God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.

Can't help it...I learned it from God.