feasts of charity?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Habakkuk 1:14-17 And makest men as the fishes of the sea, as the creeping things, that have no ruler over them? [15] They take up all of them with the angle, they catch them in their net, and gather them in their drag: therefore they rejoice and are glad. [16] Therefore they sacrifice unto their net, and burn incense unto their drag; because by them their portion is fat, and their meat plenteous. [17] Shall they therefore empty their net, and not spare continually to slay the nations?

This reminds me of all the denominations in the world.

For filthy lucre sake..

1Pe 5:1 The elders which are among you I exhort, who am also an elder, and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that shall be revealed:
1Pe 5:2 Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind;
1Pe 5:3 Neither as being lords over God's heritage, but being ensamples to the flock.
1Pe 5:4 And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away.

These verses alone can send me on 4 different paths. A partaker of the glory that shall be revealed..
Peter is in the book of Revelation.. that which is to be revealed.

Taking the oversight thereof.. so many and yet the net doesn't break.. 153.. interesting number.

not for filthy lucre..
Strong's G147 - aischrokerdōs
eagerness for base gain
eager for base gain, greedy for money

Tit 1:11 Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy G150 lucre's sake.

Neither as being lords over God's heritage, but being ensamples to the flock.
This is one of those, do as they say not as they do, kind of things.
Because in the early days of Acts, I see a whole lot of "lording" going on.
You have the husband and wife who held back a part of the money and got carried out dead... that don't sound like the Lord.
Specially when you take into account how many times Peter himself denied and held back...
Then there was the hiring of others to help with the widows so they could keep preaching.. that wasn't a very good ensample, imo.
So Peter come a long way from Acts to his epistles. It was the conversion process.

Fishes in the sea:

Gen 9:2 And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth, and upon every fowl of the air, upon all that moveth upon the earth, and upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered.

Isa 50:2 Wherefore, when I came, was there no man? when I called, was there none to answer? Is my hand shortened at all, that it cannot redeem? or have I no power to deliver? behold, at my rebuke I dry up the sea, I make the rivers a wilderness: their fish stinketh, because there is no water, and dieth for thirst.

Luk 8:4 And when much people were gathered together, and were come to him out of every city, he spake by a parable:
Luk 8:5 A sower went out to sow his seed: and as he sowed, some fell by the way side; and it was trodden down, and the fowls of the air devoured it.
Luk 8:6 And some fell upon a rock; and as soon as it was sprung up, it withered away, because it lacked moisture.
Luk 8:7 And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprang up with it, and choked it.
Luk 8:8 And other fell on good ground, and sprang up, and bare fruit an hundredfold. And when he had said these things, he cried, He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Mat 16:15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
Mat 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
Mat 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
Mat 16:20 Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.

This needs to be broken down. Was Peter told by anyone that Jesus was the Messiah?

Jhn 1:40 One of the two which heard John speak, and followed him, was Andrew, Simon Peter's brother.
Jhn 1:41 He first findeth his own brother Simon, and saith unto him, We have found the Messias, which is, being interpreted, the Christ.
Jhn 1:42 And he brought him to Jesus. And when Jesus beheld him, he said, Thou art Simon the son of Jona: thou shalt be called Cephas, which is by interpretation, A stone.

There is so much to say here..

Rev 18:21 And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.

millstone, where have we heard that before?
speaking of fish..

Job 41:24 His heart is as firm as a stone; yea, as hard as a piece of the nether millstone.
Job 41:25 When he raiseth up himself, the mighty are afraid: by reason of breakings they purify themselves.

Luk 17:1 Then said he unto the disciples, It is impossible but that offences will come: but woe unto him, through whom they come!
Luk 17:2 It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.
Luk 17:3 Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him.
Luk 17:4 And if he trespass against thee seven times in a day, and seven times in a day turn again to thee, saying, I repent; thou shalt forgive him.

Act 5:1 But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession,
Act 5:2 And kept back part of the price, his wife also being privy to it, and brought a certain part, and laid it at the apostles' feet.
Act 5:3 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?
Act 5:4 Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.
Act 5:5 And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard these things.

No I'm not picking on Peter, but he has a very big part to play in the book of revelation.
Having the keys to heaven and hell and the ability to bind and loose, is an amazing responsibilty.

Need a new shovel.
Hugs

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This reminds me of all the denominations in the world.

For filthy lucre sake..

1Pe 5:1 The elders which are among you I exhort, who am also an elder, and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that shall be revealed:
1Pe 5:2 Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind;
1Pe 5:3 Neither as being lords over God's heritage, but being ensamples to the flock.
1Pe 5:4 And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away.

These verses alone can send me on 4 different paths. A partaker of the glory that shall be revealed..
Peter is in the book of Revelation.. that which is to be revealed.

Taking the oversight thereof.. so many and yet the net doesn't break.. 153.. interesting number.

not for filthy lucre..
Strong's G147 - aischrokerdōs
eagerness for base gain
eager for base gain, greedy for money

Tit 1:11 Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy G150 lucre's sake.

Neither as being lords over God's heritage, but being ensamples to the flock.
This is one of those, do as they say not as they do, kind of things.
Because in the early days of Acts, I see a whole lot of "lording" going on.
You have the husband and wife who held back a part of the money and got carried out dead... that don't sound like the Lord.
Specially when you take into account how many times Peter himself denied and held back...
Then there was the hiring of others to help with the widows so they could keep preaching.. that wasn't a very good ensample, imo.
So Peter come a long way from Acts to his epistles. It was the conversion process.

Fishes in the sea:

Gen 9:2 And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth, and upon every fowl of the air, upon all that moveth upon the earth, and upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered.

Isa 50:2 Wherefore, when I came, was there no man? when I called, was there none to answer? Is my hand shortened at all, that it cannot redeem? or have I no power to deliver? behold, at my rebuke I dry up the sea, I make the rivers a wilderness: their fish stinketh, because there is no water, and dieth for thirst.

Luk 8:4 And when much people were gathered together, and were come to him out of every city, he spake by a parable:
Luk 8:5 A sower went out to sow his seed: and as he sowed, some fell by the way side; and it was trodden down, and the fowls of the air devoured it.
Luk 8:6 And some fell upon a rock; and as soon as it was sprung up, it withered away, because it lacked moisture.
Luk 8:7 And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprang up with it, and choked it.
Luk 8:8 And other fell on good ground, and sprang up, and bare fruit an hundredfold. And when he had said these things, he cried, He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Mat 16:15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
Mat 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
Mat 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
Mat 16:20 Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.

This needs to be broken down. Was Peter told by anyone that Jesus was the Messiah?

Jhn 1:40 One of the two which heard John speak, and followed him, was Andrew, Simon Peter's brother.
Jhn 1:41 He first findeth his own brother Simon, and saith unto him, We have found the Messias, which is, being interpreted, the Christ.
Jhn 1:42 And he brought him to Jesus. And when Jesus beheld him, he said, Thou art Simon the son of Jona: thou shalt be called Cephas, which is by interpretation, A stone.

There is so much to say here..

Rev 18:21 And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.

millstone, where have we heard that before?
speaking of fish..

Job 41:24 His heart is as firm as a stone; yea, as hard as a piece of the nether millstone.
Job 41:25 When he raiseth up himself, the mighty are afraid: by reason of breakings they purify themselves.

Luk 17:1 Then said he unto the disciples, It is impossible but that offences will come: but woe unto him, through whom they come!
Luk 17:2 It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.
Luk 17:3 Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him.
Luk 17:4 And if he trespass against thee seven times in a day, and seven times in a day turn again to thee, saying, I repent; thou shalt forgive him.

Act 5:1 But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession,
Act 5:2 And kept back part of the price, his wife also being privy to it, and brought a certain part, and laid it at the apostles' feet.
Act 5:3 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?
Act 5:4 Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.
Act 5:5 And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard these things.

No I'm not picking on Peter, but he has a very big part to play in the book of revelation.
Having the keys to heaven and hell and the ability to bind and loose, is an amazing responsibilty.

Need a new shovel.
Hugs

it is a lot. Very deep. You might very well need more shovels:). have to go get some sleep. I’m curious is there a difference in mending their nets or washing their nets? Or to forsake the nets all together and follow Him.

Reactions: Ziggy

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

maybe a far stretch but only to offer another perspective maybe. Some things to consider.

sold a possession ...consider Matthew 13:44-46 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field. [45] Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls: [46] Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it.

With Matthew 10:39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

And kept back part of the price, his wife also being privy to it,

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Romans 8:31-32 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? [32] He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

consider the price ...and the keeping back part of the price. With one thing you lack ...one part you kept back...Is (was) it really about the possession, or the heart?

Proverbs 3:27-28 Withhold not good from them to whom it is due, when it is in the power of thine hand to do it. [28] Say not unto thy neighbour, Go, and come again, and to morrow I will give; when thou hast it by thee.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
maybe a far stretch but only to offer another perspective maybe. Some things to consider.

sold a possession ...consider Matthew 13:44-46 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field. [45] Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls: [46] Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it.

With Matthew 10:39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

And kept back part of the price, his wife also being privy to it,

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Romans 8:31-32 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? [32] He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

consider the price ...and the keeping back part of the price. With one thing you lack ...one part you kept back...Is (was) it really about the possession, or the heart?

Proverbs 3:27-28 Withhold not good from them to whom it is due, when it is in the power of thine hand to do it. [28] Say not unto thy neighbour, Go, and come again, and to morrow I will give; when thou hast it by thee.

I have to put this on Peter.
All the times Jesus overlooked Peter's plunders.
So much so he called him Satan to his face.
And then he has everyone laying all their goods at his feet....
Peter is the idol.
Mar 14:72 And the second time the cock crew. And Peter called to mind the word that Jesus said unto him, Before the cock crow twice, thou shalt deny me thrice. And when he thought thereon, he wept.

cock
alektōr
(Key)
Root Word (Etymology)
From (to ward off)

phrasal verb. To ward off a danger or illness means to prevent it from affecting you or harming you. She may have put up a fight to try to ward off her assailant.

Luk 12:9 But he that denieth me before men shall be denied before the angels of God.

1Jo 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

1Jo 2:23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

sleep sounds good.. lol

Hugs

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter is the idol.
Mar 14:72 And the second time the cock crew. And Peter called to mind the word that Jesus said unto him, Before the cock crow twice, thou shalt deny me thrice. And when he thought thereon, he wept.

cock
alektōr
(Key)
Root Word (Etymology)
From (to ward off)

phrasal verb. To ward off a danger or illness means to prevent it from affecting you or harming you. She may have put up a fight to try to ward off her assailant.

Luk 12:9 But he that denieth me before men shall be denied before the angels of God.

1Jo 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

1Jo 2:23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

sleep sounds good.. lol

Hugs

do think Peter had some things to go through. (As we all do. Glad The Lord is patient!)Luke 22:31-34 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: [32] But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren. [33] And he said unto him, Lord, I am ready to go with thee, both into prison, and to death.(but he possibly wasn’t as ready as he thought) 34] And he said, I tell thee, Peter, the cock shall not crow this day, before that thou shalt thrice deny that thou knowest me.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Night. Yes sleep does sound good. :D

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter is the idol.

cock
alektōr
(Key)
Root Word (Etymology)
From (to ward off)

sleep sounds good.. lol

Hugs

Way too many verses (to follow) but yes the passage about the two carried out dead is odd. Can think of another that cried with a loud voice and gave up the ghost and carried out dead. In study this morning they led to another one I find odd where Herod was eaten of worms and gave up the ghost. Was about to post about “eaten of worms” yesterday with what you shared about the bread and worm(think it was Jonahs shade gourd). But Peter is what led to Herod. “The cockcrowing” Mark 13:34-37 For the Son of man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch. [35] Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning: [36] Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping. [37] And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch.

John 13:36-38 Simon Peter said unto him, Lord, where goest thou? Jesus answered him, Where I go, you can not follow me now; but you shall follow me afterwards. [37] Peter said unto him, Lord, why cannot I follow you now? I will lay down my life for thy sake. [38] Jesus answered him, Will you lay down your life for my sake? Verily, verily, I say unto thee, The cock shall not crow, till thou hast denied me thrice.

Kind of sad(imo) the tenderness in which the Lord speaks to Peter. “The cock shall not crow, until you have denied me thrice” ...it has to be so Peter. The cock will not crow until ...these things first must take place?

the porter and at the cockcrowing in Mark 13:34-37 with John 10:3-4 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out. [4] And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
“he goes before them...” you can not follow me now; but you shall follow me afterwards.
When the angel of the Lord came to Peter in prison and leads Peter out: (Acts 12:10-17) When they were past the first and the second ward, they came unto the iron gate that leadeth unto the city; which opened to them of his own accord: and they went out, and passed on through one street; and forthwith the angel departed from him. [11] And when Peter was come to himself, he said, Now I know of a surety, that the Lord hath sent his angel, and hath delivered me out of the hand of Herod, and from all the expectation of the people of the Jews. [12] And when he had considered the thing, he came to the house of Mary the mother of John, whose surname was Mark; where many were gathered together praying. (Acts 12:5 Peter therefore was kept in prison: but prayer was made without ceasing of the church unto God for him.) And as Peter knocked at the door of the gate, a damsel came to hearken, named Rhoda. [14] And when she knew Peter's voice, she opened not the gate for gladness, but ran in, and told how Peter stood before the gate. [15] And they said unto her, Thou art mad. But she constantly affirmed that it was even so. Then said they, It is his angel. [16] But Peter continued knocking: and when they had opened the door, and saw him, they were astonished. [17] But he, beckoning unto them with the hand to hold their peace, declared unto them how the Lord had brought him out of the prison. And he said, Go shew these things unto James, and to the brethren. And he departed, and went into another place.

which all sparked: Acts 12:20-24 And Herod was highly displeased with them of Tyre and Sidon: but they came with one accord to him, and, having made Blastus the king's chamberlain their friend, desired peace; (Luke 14:31-33 Or else, while the other is yet a great way off, he sendeth an ambassage, and desireth conditions of peace. [33] So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.) remember Peters words and the Lords in return: I will lay down my life for thy sake. [38] Jesus answered him, Will you lay down your life for my sake?

because their country was nourished by the king's country. [21] And upon a set day Herod, arrayed in royal apparel, sat upon his throne, and made an oration unto them. [22] And the people gave a shout, saying, It is the voice of a god, and not of a man. [23] And immediately the angel of the Lord smote him, because he gave not God the glory: and he was eaten of worms, and gave up the ghost. [24] But the word of God grew and multiplied.

The following sounds so familiar of the watch set at the tomb and there was nothing found in it
Acts 5:17 Lexicon: But the high priest rose up, along with all his associates (that is the sect of the Sadducees), and they were filled with jealousy.

Acts 5:23 Lexicon: saying, "We found the prison house locked quite securely and the guards standing at the doors; but when we had opened up, we found no one inside."

Acts 5:25 Lexicon: But someone came and reported to them, "The men whom you put in prison are standing in the temple and teaching the people!"

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it is late here. Have they come against His? Then have they not come against New Jerusalem? John 4:23-24 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit (One)and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. (As one)

“neither shall the fruit thereof be consumed”

can only think of one fruit which is not consumed and it is the fruit of the Spirit of God which is the fruit of Life.

Sounds like you're trying to find a way to make all that into some 'spiritualistic' meaning. It's not, it is literal. That River is going be a real manifestation on this earth in the future, as it also was back in Genesis 2 when God's Garden of Eden was once upon this earth prior to Adam and Eve sinning.

Those in Zechariah 14 that are left that came up against Jerusalem is about these...

Rev 16:14-17
14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.

15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.

16 And He gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.

17 And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done.
KJV

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
is the Living waters of God’s River, The Son?

No, God's literal River is only being used as a SYMBOL for Salvation THROUGH The Son Jesus Christ. His River is actually a REAL River, as I showed from Ezekiel 47 which is yet future.

Revelation 22:1 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.

That above is a reference to the River of Ezekiel 47. It will be a literal River on earth when Jesus returns. If you believe that River is just a spiritual symbol only, you sure are going to be shocked when God literally returns it back to this earth. Why even read your Bible if you're just going to try and turn everything in it into some spiritualistic mystic reference.

Gen 2:8-14
8 And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.
9 And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.
10 And a river went out of Eden to water the garden; and from thence it was parted, and became into four heads.
11 The name of the first is Pison: that is it which compasseth the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold;
12 And the gold of that land is good: there is bdellium and the onyx stone.
13 And the name of the second river is Gihon: the same is it that compasseth the whole land of Ethiopia.
14 And the name of the third river is Hiddekel: that is it which goeth toward the east of Assyria. And the fourth river is Euphrates.
KJV

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
shall grow all trees for meat, whose leaf shall not fade, neither shall the fruit thereof be consumed: it shall bring forth new fruit ... and the fruit thereof shall be for meat, and the leaf thereof for medicine.

not sure how you insist it has to be literal trees that will be for fruit ...instead of the fruit of the Spirit of God —the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance, (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth; the manner of fruit, His fruit, thereof shall be meat...the leaf thereof for medicine: 1 Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

I don't know what you are a member of, but it isn't following Christian doctrine per God's written Word, not with the kind of stuff you are espousing. Not everything written in God's Word is some mystical meaning, otherwise where would Christ's 'literal' Salvation happen? I'm here to tell ya, His Salvation will be REAL, and it is going to be right here on earth, beginning with His 2nd coming. And this earth is going to see some changes upon it, including the RETURN of this River first mentioned all the way back in Genesis 2, which is meant literally... How could you have missed this?

8 And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.
9 And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.
10 And a river went out of Eden to water the garden; and from thence it was parted, and became into four heads.
11 The name of the first is Pison: that is it which compasseth the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold;
13 And the name of the second river is Gihon: the same is it that compasseth the whole land of Ethiopia.
14 And the name of the third river is Hiddekel: that is it which goeth toward the east of Assyria. And the fourth river is Euphrates.
KJV

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know what you are a member of, but it isn't following Christian doctrine per God's written Word, not with the kind of stuff you are espousing. Not everything written in God's Word is some mystical meaning, otherwise where would Christ's 'literal' Salvation happen? I'm here to tell ya, His Salvation will be REAL, and it is going to be right here on earth, beginning with His 2nd coming. And this earth is going to see some changes upon it, including the RETURN of this River first mentioned all the way back in Genesis 2, which is meant literally... How could you have missed this?

KJV

then please explain to me why He tells of trees for meat, whose leaf shall not fade, neither shall the fruit thereof be consumed: it shall bring forth new fruit...why does the Word speak of trees for meat ...meaning edible fruit for instance 1 Peter 2:3 If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.

Edible ‘for meat’ the fruit is not the fruit is not consumed ...is to consume something not the same as to take and eat of it? Consumption. Yet the fruit is edible and for meat ...to not be destroyed or consumed —Exodus 3:2 And the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush: and he looked, and, behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed.

...but shoots forth, springs forth, brings forth ...new fruit. Trees with leaf that fade not but is for medicine, for healing. What of all the other words connecting the same promise of new fruit...new fruit to shoot forth, to spring forth, to bring forth ...all yet future? Why then does he say “you will know them by their fruits”? James 3:17-18 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy. [18] And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.

how many times does he tell of what fruit is not destroyed or consumed but brings forth new fruit. Did the Son bring forth New fruit?

Curious why what is unseen is what is said to be not real. But what is seen is said to be real? What is unseen being the tuity-fruity unless we can touch (handle)it, see it, taste it.. 1 Peter 2:3 If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
then please explain to me why He tells of trees for meat, whose leaf shall not fade, neither shall the fruit thereof be consumed: it shall bring forth new fruit...why does the Word speak of trees for meat ...meaning edible fruit for instance 1 Peter 2:3 If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.

Edible ‘for meat’ the fruit is not the fruit is not consumed ...is to consume something not the same as to take and eat of it? Consumption. Yet the fruit is edible and for meat ...to not be destroyed or consumed —Exodus 3:2 And the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush: and he looked, and, behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed.

No relation with the burning bush to the Tree of Life of Ezekiel 47 and Revelation 22. The Hebrew word for "meat" in Ezekiel 47 is simply put for food.

...but shoots forth, springs forth, brings forth ...new fruit. Trees with leaf that fade not but is for medicine, for healing. What of all the other words connecting the same promise of new fruit...new fruit to shoot forth, to spring forth, to bring forth ...all yet future? Why then does he say “you will know them by their fruits”? James 3:17-18 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy. [18] And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.

how many times does he tell of what fruit is not destroyed or consumed but brings forth new fruit. Did the Son bring forth New fruit?

Curious why what is unseen is what is said to be not real. But what is seen is said to be real? What is unseen being the tuity-fruity unless we can touch (handle)it, see it, taste it.. 1 Peter 2:3 If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.

Sorry, but your thinking is just all over the place, and not staying within The Word of God as written. By that my meaning is that you are not comprehending Scripture literally, which God's Word is always literal, even when giving symbols which always point to something that is literal and real.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
. If you believe that River is just a spiritual symbol only,

didn’t say symbol

No, God's literal River is only being used as a SYMBOL for Salvation THROUGH The Son Jesus Christ. His River is actually a REAL River, as I showed from Ezekiel 47 which is yet future.

you’ve asserted “If you believe that River is just a spiritual symbol only”

Then “No, God's literal River is only being used as a SYMBOL for Salvation THROUGH The Son Jesus Christ.”

Are you saying When He said He is the Living water ...He meant ‘I am the Living water’ in symbol only until the real literal River of Life is established here in earth?

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you know that everything we physically experience is made up of invisble/spiritual properties?
It's amazing how everything came forth from that which is unseen.
And everything which is seen will return again from whence it came.

Have you ever really sat down and thought about the concept of eternity?
We are finite. Our thoughts are limited. Unless the Spiritual "God" particle is added, you can't get beyond your own senses.
This is to be carnally minded. All you know is what you see, hear, touch, smell, taste.

God is Spiritual. His Word is spiritual. We are to learn and understand spiritual things.
Because what we know with our senses in this carnal world or existence, is only temporary.
God sent his son Jesus into a carnal world to teach us what the spiritual truth of all is.
And it is through His words and his Spirit that are minds are opened and free to roam the spiritual pastures.

I believe EVERY WORD in the Bible is Spiritual. EVERY WORD.
If some want to limit it to a physical substance then that is a loss from gaining spiritual truth.

Paul says He no longer knows the Lord according to the flesh. And yet we follow an "image" of a man in our minds because it's what we know.
We can relate to the "image" . But God has no "Image" He is Spirit. And He shows Himself to us in ways that we can understand.
God created man in his "image" and likeness so that we can recognize Him in each one of us.
But you can't "see" the spirit of a man. But you can know them by their character.. their "fruits" .

Everything material is there for our benefit as a carnal being to learn by. Even a river that is carnal has a purpose.
But the true river is spiritual. The river that flows from the throne is spiritual. And we drink from that spiritual river called life.
Without water... we can't live. Without air.. we can't survive. Without sunlight.. we would die.
All of these are both carnal and spiritual truths. But the carnal is only temporary while we physically experience them in this world.
Once you are dead, you don't experience them anymore.

But the Spiritual is eternal. And so we look towards those spiritual things while living in the carnal things.
We do not look for a carnal kingdom but a spiritual kingdom.
And everything that is in that kingdom is in your Bible. But you have to seek it before you can know it.
And once you know it, it becomes a part of you and you a part of it.

And so we learn so we can prepare and make ready for that transition from the carnal to the spiritual.
Never appologize for seeking the kingdom of God and His righteousness.
Fill up those lamps with spiritual oil so when the time comes you can see your way clearly.
Learning parables and spiritual truths is a work we have been given to do.
Enjoy the feast of charity set before you in His words.

God Bless
Hugs

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For the Son of man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch. [35] Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning: [36] Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping. [37] And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch.

The porter.
2 Samuel chapter 18 talks about the porter of King David. It also talks about his son Absalom.

So going off track here.. becasue that's what happens to me all the time..
Thickets, snags.. what is this wood? Trees, branches.. thinking of Judas.. ok.

2Sa 18:6 So the people went out into the field against Israel: and the battle was in the wood of Ephraim;
2Sa 18:7 Where the people of Israel were slain before the servants of David, and there was there a great slaughter that day of twenty thousand men.
2Sa 18:8 For the battle was there scattered over the face of all the country: and the wood devoured more people that day than the sword devoured.
2Sa 18:9 And Absalom met the servants of David. And Absalom rode upon a mule, and the mule went under the thick boughs of a great oak, and his head caught hold of the oak, and he was taken up between the heaven and the earth; and the mule that was under him went away.
2Sa 18:10 And a certain man saw it, and told Joab, and said, Behold, I saw Absalom hanged in an oak.

Well the porter of David sees a man running and then another man running. They give a message to the king that the battle against Israel has been won, and yet he also learns he has lost his son Absalom.

2Sa 18:11 And Joab said unto the man that told him, And, behold, thou sawest him, and why didst thou not smite him there to the ground? and I would have given thee ten shekels of silver, and a girdle.
2Sa 18:12 And the man said unto Joab, Though I should receive a thousand shekels of silver in mine hand, yet would I not put forth mine hand against the king's son: for in our hearing the king charged thee and Abishai and Ittai, saying, Beware that none touch the young man Absalom.
2Sa 18:13 Otherwise I should have wrought falsehood against mine own life: for there is no matter hid from the king, and thou thyself wouldest have set thyself against me.
2Sa 18:14 Then said Joab, I may not tarry thus with thee. And he took three darts in his hand, and thrust them through the heart of Absalom, while he was yet alive in the midst of the oak.

3 darts through the heart while he was still alive.

Eph 6:16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

Act 1:15 And in those days Peter stood up in the midst of the disciples, and said, (the number of names together were about an hundred and twenty,)
Act 1:16 Men and brethren, this scripture must needs have been fulfilled, which the Holy Ghost by the mouth of David spake before concerning Judas, which was guide to them that took Jesus.
Act 1:17 For he was numbered with us, and had obtained part of this ministry.
Act 1:18 Now this man purchased a field with the reward of iniquity; and falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out.
Act 1:19 And it was known unto all the dwellers at Jerusalem; insomuch as that field is called in their proper tongue, Aceldama, that is to say, The field of blood.
Act 1:20 For it is written in the book of Psalms, Let his habitation be desolate, and let no man dwell therein: and his bishoprick let another take.

Mat 27:3 Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented himself, and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders,
Mat 27:4 Saying, I have sinned in that I have betrayed the innocent blood. And they said, What is that to us? see thou to that.
Mat 27:5 And he cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself.

Mar 14:45 And as soon as he was come, he goeth straightway to him, and saith, Master, master; and kissed him.
Mar 14:46 And they laid their hands on him, and took him. (Took him which one? )
Mar 14:47 And one of them that stood by drew a sword, and smote a servant of the high priest, and cut off his ear.
Mar 14:48 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Are ye come out, as against a thief, with swords and with staves to take me?
Mar 14:49 I was daily with you in the temple teaching, and ye took me not: but the scriptures must be fulfilled.
Mar 14:50 And they all forsook him, and fled.

Matthew is the only one to give an account of Judas hanging himself in a tree... or falling headlong and bursting asunder..?

3 darts through the heart...

Nothing that Peter says in Acts 1:16-20 is true.

this man purchased a field.. no, he threw the money back at them and repented.
They purchased the field with their own blood money.

Let his habitation be desolate, and let no man dwell therein: and his bishoprick let another take.

Psalm 69.
Interesting dots to connect there..

It's not a very pleasnt meal.. but there is medicine in them there leaves.
Hugs

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you saying When He said He is the Living water ...He meant ‘I am the Living water’ in symbol only until the real literal River of Life is established here in earth?

Yes! You got it with that! The fact that His River of Revelation 22 and Ezekiel 47 is on earth flowing out from His sanctuary is showing it originates from Him.

Rev 22:1
22:1 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.

KJV

Ezek 47:1
47:1 Afterward he brought me again unto the door of the house; and, behold, waters issued out from under the threshold of the house eastward: for the forefront of the house stood toward the east, and the waters came down from under from the right side of the house, at the south side of the altar.

KJV

Ps 46:4
4 There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High.

KJV

Joel 3:17-18
17 So shall ye know that I am the LORD your God dwelling in Zion, My holy mountain: then shall Jerusalem be holy, and there shall no strangers pass through her any more.
18 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the mountains shall drop down new wine, and the hills shall flow with milk, and all the rivers of Judah shall flow with waters, and a fountain shall come forth of the house of the LORD, and shall water the valley of Shittim.

KJV

Zech 14:8
8 And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be.

KJV

That above is how you do accurate Bible study. In that kind of Bible study, you find all those witnesses in God's Word for a thing, and then... you rightly divide which means to note the 'what, when, where, how, and why' of a truth. By that and The Holy Spirit is how we come to know of a thing that does not yet exist today, but that is part of the world to come. That River will only manifest in the world to come. Any references to it now in this world, like Jesus gave in John 4, is a metaphor only for the real River that will manifest in the future world, a River from Him. And that River will heal the earth's waters, as shown in the Ezekiel 47 chapter.

Last edited:

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jhn 7:38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

NLT: Anyone who believes in me may come and drink! For the Scriptures declare, ‘Rivers of living water will flow from his heart.

Pro 10:11 The mouth of a righteous man is a well of life: but violence covereth the mouth of the wicked.

Pro 18:4 The words of a man's mouth are as deep waters, and the wellspring of wisdom as a flowing brook.

Isa 12:3 Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.

Psa 1:3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

Isa 44:3 For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground: I will pour my spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing upon thine offspring:
Isa 44:4 And they shall spring up as among the grass, as willows by the water courses.