1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Fed up with American Christian churches

Discussion in 'The Church Forum' started by kittehsareinsane, Feb 5, 2022.

1. Lifelong_sinner

Lifelong_sinner Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Jesus hasnt come back yet.

2. MatthewG

MatthewG Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Hi my friend @Lifelong_sinner,

I’m to the point what other people believe is fine with me, my decision is that I’m not gonna fight or argue with them. Human beings are going to believe what they will believe based according to their own perception and knowledge based off the Bible.

From what I understand now at this point in life if one fights argues and bickers it leads to an unfulfilling spiritual life in my opinion.

As a Christian I am called to… love… by the spirit, nothing more, nothing less.

Thank you for reading,
    In love,
    Matthew Gallagher.

Jim B, amadeus, Nancy and 1 other person like this.
  3. farouk

farouk Well-Known Member

Hi; Acts 2.42 is a good guide for local church activities...

4. LILAC

LILAC Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    You're not alone. The rejection that comes from organized churches is outstanding and quite frustrating. As parents of a special needs son, we could not have been more neglected coming from a "church family". We attended for nearly 20 years in hopes that something might change this year. We had this false hope every year! One of the pastors even had a special needs child himself. When we approached the other special needs families within this church, I asked them if the church actually helped them with anything and you could tell by the looks on their faces, the sheer disappointment. Churches are failing families everywhere! It took us a while, but we finally woke up. God radically changed our lives and we no longer associate with anything "church" that requires a building and your hard-earned paycheque so the pastors can go spend it frivolously on the next grand vacation that THEY are so much entitled to because they are the first to tell you they live such hard lives for the Lord.... I'm sure nobody has it as tough as they do. Meanwhile, they can keep you up to date with the sports, news, and entertainment media. All the while their sheep go long-neglected, spiritually, mentally and in all the other aspects of a human being.

The feeling I get when I now think of these churches, now that we've been out for a few years, is a deep grieving. These are the lukewarm, compromised with the world, carnal Christians that Christ Himself will spew out of His mouth. That is going to be a very sad day. As much as I'd like to "give them an earful", Jesus reminds us to leave it up to Him. Just keep our eyes on Him and He is going to deal with these churches.

Truman, amadeus, Nancy and 3 others like this.
  5. JohnPaul

JohnPaul Soldier of Jehovah and Christ

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    God is not all inclusive, that means he would accept and approve of LGTB and anything associated with homosexuality, isn't the what inclusive pertains to in this instance?

GEN2REV likes this.
  6. LILAC

LILAC Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    If God were all inclusive, there would be no such place as hell.

What exactly are we to change? We don't have enough going on for us, that we are now to go and change the church and their ways? I don't think so. The shepherd is to accommodate his flock. When he lacks in his ways to do so, he is failing his congregation. And God.

7. quietthinker

quietthinker Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    I'm persuaded we create hell...not God. We however have done what we always do ie, superimpose our desires for revenge onto God. God gets the blame and we dismiss our responsibility.

amadeus and bbyrd009 like this.
  8. Brakelite

Brakelite Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    After being let down through the roof, Jesus said to the sick of the palsy, "I didn't come to serve you, you need to serve me. I don't forgive you and I won't heal you."

amadeus, quietthinker and bbyrd009 like this.
  9. GEN2REV

GEN2REV Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    That is similar to some others verses I have noticed.

What is that verse?

10. Brakelite

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    Mark 2

11. GEN2REV

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    It's not in that chapter.

Do you have a verse number?

12. bbyrd009

bbyrd009 Groper

Faith:
    Christian
    United States Minor Outlying Islands
    i searched “After being let down through the roof, Jesus said to the sick of the palsy” and got three hits fwiw

13. GEN2REV

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Yes, thank you. I easily found that event in the chapter.

What I didn't find is Jesus saying this:

Nancy and Rita like this.
  14. Brakelite

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    No. And you won't. So perhaps you should ask 'Behold' why that would be an appropriate manner in which to respond to the OP seeing as how Jesus gave us quite a different example. Note his post I quoted above

Wrangler, amadeus and Rita like this.
  15. Cassandra

Cassandra Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    You may be frustrated because God has opened your eyes to this so much that it is now a burden. You may be the mechanism He chooses to fix this!
    Ask to speak at the Church board Meeting, and tell them how you feel. Offer some ways to address this problem. (If it affects you, there are others it probably affects as well, who are silent but hurting)Since the Holy Spirit has given the church gifts, one of which is helps, maybe the Church Board could direct this problem to someone who has the gift of helps. But if you asked me, I think you have it. (And perhaps Mercy too.)

You see that your problem is not just limited to you, but others as well. That is why I think you have it. What you need is a list of possible opportunities that perhaps the church could accept and put into the hands of those who have 'helps" and "mercy." (I am confident those who have these gifts would volunteer, once they heard about it.)

God Bless you!!! I'm excited for you and the changes!!!!!

[​IMG]

Nancy, Lambano and Brakelite like this.
  16. farouk

farouk Well-Known Member

Hi @kittehsareinsane Acts 2.42 contains a wholesome list of things done in a local church which may mark it out as being Biblical in character.... May the Lord lead you in your personal walk with Him.

17. Brakelite

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    Great post. Those best qualified to minister to square pegs are other square pegs.

Wrangler and Lambano like this.
  18. bbyrd009

bbyrd009 Groper

Faith:
    Christian
    United States Minor Outlying Islands
    um i think bl was being facetious :)
    ironic? sarcastic

amadeus, Brakelite and Rita like this.
  19. bbyrd009

bbyrd009 Groper

Faith: