Feeding foxes in the UK

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The farm was close enough that we could hear the mournful cries of the cows when their calves were taken from them.

On Escape to the Country they visited a farmer who lets the calves stay with their mothers for several months or so. Can't remember exactly how long. He thought it was better for the animals plus got better milk or whatever he raised them for.

I think Dan will miss them more , the foxes. As for the milkman, well I will be just along the road from an Aldi and it will be cheaper xxxx

Maybe you will see some other urban foxes?

An update on the sweet fox, Biscuit. She did pass away.

A couple of people that watch the lady's YouTube channel sent her two lovely plaques as a memorial to Biscuit. She plans to install one plaque on the wall near the food and water dishes.

This is a very brief video showing Biscuit getting pets.

Reactions: dev553344

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Biscuit getting fed by hand...

P.S. The fox lady now has two fox animal rescue groups to help her if the foxes get ill. They helped her with Biscuit.

Reactions: Rita

Hepzibah

Aug 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Poor Biscuit, obviously named after its favourite treat. You can tell by its coat just how unhealthy it was. The chicken was obviously a last attempt to save it. Too late.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Poor Biscuit, obviously named after its favourite treat. You can tell by its coat just how unhealthy it was. The chicken was obviously a last attempt to save it. Too late.

Sweet Biscuit had a really severe case of Lung Worms...too late to help her.

The lady gives chicken, sometimes beef or a little bit of sausage. When she gives medication, she might hide it in something else.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is Basil. He is looking great now. Several months ago he had mange, something wrong with an eye and a really scrawny tail due to mange.

The fox lady treated him with medications in his food.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And this is sweet Biscuit.... wanting to be petted at 2 a.m.
That's so interesting that they let her pet them. The foxes here are wild and growl and snarl their teeth at you and will bite.

We have mountain lions too which are dangerous. When I was a young child my parents took me to Utah to visit family. I had a distant uncle that found a baby mountain lion and raised it. My mother would tell me stories about before I was born, sitting on his couch and feeling something breathing on her neck. She turned around to see an adult mountain lion. Freaked her out.

Reactions: Debp

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I was about 16 I went with my friends down this dirt road at midnight on the reservation here where I grew up. We were walking along with swords that we made by hand from one of my friend's parent's metal shop. We kept hearing what we thought was a bird crying like a baby on the side of the road next to us. The sound appeared at different distances along our side and seemed to follow us down the road.

It wasn't until later that I was told, "That baby crying sound you heard was a mountain lion stalking you". Here is a video of a pet mountain lion that you can hear making that cry:

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is a video of a pet mountain lion that you can hear making that cry:
We have mountain lions too which are dangerous

The video of Messi was heartwarming. Since the baby mountain lion was ill and would have been euthanized, I think it was kind of the couple to adopt it.
And they did eventually get a home and yard for it to have more room.

We have mountain lions in and around Los Angeles. A few have radio collars so they can be tracked.

Our most famous mountain lion was P-22. She lived in our massive wilderness Griffith Park....a city park. She had to be euthanized some months ago as officials noticed she wasn't well. They captured her and took her to the veterinarian.

If she could have been treated by the vet, she would have been allowed to live, and perhaps put into a wildlife sanctuary. But she had too many injuries and was a senior citizen.

Every animal lover in Los Angeles loved her. She sometimes would appear on the local news. She is famous for a photo in front of the Hollywood sign.

One funny story about P-22. A worker crawled under a home near Griffith Park and came face to face with her! He quickly crawled out, white-faced (he was Hispanic)!

News crews camped out all day but she finally slipped away that night unseen.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@BlessedPeace Since you are an animal lover, check out my preceding post with video about our dear mountain lion P-22. He was beloved by animal lovers in Los Angeles.
Rest in peace beautiful P22.
:(

We had a mountain lion or maybe a Bobcat, in our woods here many years ago. That scream is unforgettable. I was outside hoping to see whatever one it was during a full moon but never did. I hope they found their way to a safe place because I only heard them cry out on two nights in a row.

Reactions: Debp and dev553344

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rest in peace beautiful P22.
:(

We had a mountain lion or maybe a Bobcat, in our woods here many years ago. That scream is unforgettable. I was outside hoping to see whatever one it was during a full moon but never did. I hope they found their way to a safe place because I only heard them cry out on two nights in a row.

Do you get any coyotes or hear them in the distance?

I'm in a business district in Los Angeles so don't get coyotes. However, other city neighborhoods get them. People have to be careful while walking their dogs.

An acquaintance heard one of her cats scream in the wee hours. (She feeds many strays.) She ran outside, saw a coyote running off with the cat. Yolanda screamed like crazy and the coyote dropped the cat! (Cat was ok.)

Yolanda lives right in the city near a Filipino restaurant. She said the smell from the restaurant draws coyotes!

This coyote went into the home through the doggie door!

• Wow
Reactions: BlessedPeace

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I'm in a business district in Los Angeles so don't get coyotes. However, other city neighborhoods get them. People have to be careful while walking their dogs.

An acquaintance heard one of her cats scream in the wee hours. (She feeds many strays.) She ran outside, saw a coyote running off with the cat. Yolanda screamed like crazy and the coyote dropped the cat! (Cat was ok.)

Yolanda lives right in the city near a Filipino restaurant. She said the smell from the restaurant draws coyotes!

Domestic cats make up about 40% of a coyote's diet. As well small dogs...
Foxes and coyotes are omnivores...meaning they will eat anything. This includes garden plants and produce like grapes, carrots, tomatoes, corn, and beans....as well as your pets. Then they will rummage through your trash cans and make a huge mess of the trash.

Just saying....

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No Coyotes. Thank God. However, bears are starting to venture to surrounding states due to, of course, habitat loss due to development on their lands.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No Coyotes. Thank God. However, bears are starting to venture to surrounding states due to, of course, habitat loss due to development on their lands.
I had a close encounter with a rather large Coyote here in the city. There are some wooded areas nearby and they have ventured along the wooded paths to my area. I haven't seen any recently but wow that was alarming. At first I thought it was a large dog, but then I noticed the tell tale large ears.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had a close encounter with a rather large Coyote here in the city. There are some wooded areas nearby and they have ventured along the wooded paths to my area. I haven't seen any recently but wow that was alarming. At first I thought it was a large dog, but then I noticed the tell tale large ears.
I saw a strange dog in the yard beside my porch years ago. Poor thing had close cut fur and the face was distinct in that its boney planes were pronounced.
I'd have fed them cat food to help alleviate their hunger but they took off once our eyes met.

The ears didn't appear Coyote like , though they could always be hybrid.

I just want all my animals, Foxes, Racoons, Possum, Deer, and every other little one, to be safe here.

Reactions: Debp and dev553344

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Foxes and coyotes are omnivores...meaning they will eat anything. This includes garden plants

and produce like grapes, carrots, tomatoes, corn, and

John, I didn't know coyotes ate vegetables.

BlessedPeace, the foothill areas of Los Angeles get many bears. They roam the sidewalks, go swimming in the pools, sleep in trees in yards and generally enjoy themselves!

They don't harm anyone, though most people give them a wide berth.

Some years ago a Scottish elderly couple was visiting their family's home.
The elderly man exited the front door.....well, a bear was on the porch with him! The bear was only a few feet away.

The man was oblivious to the bear! He finally realized about the bear and made a speedy retreat.

Dev, glad you weren't hurt. The coyotes here are getting quite bold. One tried to drag a toddler off from her front yard as her dad was unloading groceries. The dad made a lot of racket and chased it off.