Feeding foxes in the UK

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just found this channel. The lady feeds foxes near her home in the UK.

I remember seeing a TV program awhile back and they showed many foxes in London, running around at night. I think they were hungry.

Maybe our UK members have some stories about the foxes?

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Foxes are intelligent, adaptable wild animals. They have learnt that scavenging for human waste food is far easier than having to actively hunt, as a result they live in far denser concentrations in uk cities then they would in the countryside.

As our domestic food waste is put in plastic, sometimes bio degradable, bags they easily find plenty of food scraps.
Many people think they are 'cute', they don't see the problems the foxes cause or the fact that they often have health problems.

Reactions: Nancy and Debp

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
they don't see the problems the foxes cause or the fact that they often have health problems.

The fox, Biscuit, was recently captured by a wildlife group because she was in ill health.

They are currently treating her with high dose medication.... apparently she has lung worms.

They are hoping to give her a chance to get better....I hope she will.

Hepzibah

Aug 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No wonder they are sick with humans feeding them unsuitable food like highly processed carbs instead of raw meat which is their native diet. Not surprisingly, the feeders are also sick due to eating those same foods.

Reactions: marks

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No wonder they are sick with humans feeding them unsuitable food like highly processed carbs instead of raw meat which is their native diet. Not surprisingly, the feeders are also sick due to eating those same foods.

The lady of the videos is mainly feeding them raw chicken.

Her cat in this video looks exactly like my cat.

Reactions: dev553344 and Nancy

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have three foxes that come into my back garden every day - they also like trying to get my bottles of milk left out the front by my milkman xx

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have three foxes that come into my back garden every day - they also like trying to get my bottles of milk left out the front by my milkman xx

Do they catch mice in the garden? Or do you ever give them a treat?

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I don’t know about mice, from time to time my son gives them something ( he loves foxes )
They are cute to watch sometimes, especially when they are playing xx

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I don’t know about mice, from time to time my son gives them something ( he loves foxes )
They are cute to watch sometimes, especially when they are playing xx
Urban foxes have learned to live and thrive closer to people than ever before. Now that fox hunting is banned the fox population must have grown. And it's probably safer for them in towns and cities where there are no farmers with shotguns.

Reactions: Debp and dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My friend caught a baby fox that looked just like buscuit. It bit him, but he catpured and later it was released back into the wild. That was many years ago. Cute little buggers.

Reactions: Debp

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have a milkman that leaves bottles of milk? I haven't seen that here since the 60's!

Much love!

• Haha
Reactions: Debp

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You have a milkman that leaves bottles of milk? I haven't seen that here since the 60's!

Much love!
They are a rarity and when i move soon I will be like most people who get milk from the local shop xx

Reactions: Debp and Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Much love!
We used to live on a main road in a town but some way behind us was farmland, the farm was called 'Crow trees farm'. The farmer used to deliver our milk and call for payment on a Friday teatime with his dog - a great Dane which was so big it could look through the glass in our front door. The farm was close enough that we could hear the mournful cries of the cows when their calves were taken from them. And one night the cows got out and were in our back street and on the main road.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Urban foxes have learned to live and thrive closer to people than ever before. Now that fox hunting is banned the fox population must have grown. And it's probably safer for them in towns and cities where there are no farmers with shotguns.
I live on the edge of the South Downs Pat, so there is plenty of farm land and green spaces - but these foxes have been seen for years, it’s only recently they have chosen my garden to play in x

Reactions: Debp and dev553344

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I live on the edge of the South Downs Pat, so there is plenty of farm land and green spaces - but these foxes have been seen for years, it’s only recently they have chosen my garden to play in x
You will miss them when you move as well as your milkman.

Reactions: Debp and Rita

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We used to live on a main road in a town but some way behind us was farmland, the farm was called 'Crow trees farm'. The farmer used to deliver our milk and call for payment on a Friday teatime with his dog - a great Dane which was so big it could look through the glass in our front door. The farm was close enough that we could hear the mournful cries of the cows when their calves were taken from them. And one night the cows got out and were in our back street and on the main road.
That sounds fun. My great grandfather had a farm. I used to watch him milk the cows. The cows were OK, it was the bull that was dangerous.

Reactions: Pearl and Debp

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What a nice friendly sounding thing!

Much love!

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You will miss them when you move as well as your milkman.
I think Dan will miss them more , the foxes. As for the milkman, well I will be just along the road from an Aldi and it will be cheaper xxxx