finding Gods Love his grace and truth in the old testament

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
Jesus said of the old testament John 5:39

we also know laws came throug moses but Grace and truth came through Jesus John 1:17

Jesus told about in every book

here he is in the first book

God the Son---------gen 1:1

Genesis 3:15 the promise of Jesus to come in human skin

from Line Of seth 4:25 son of shem decedent of Abraham12:31 issac 21:12 of Jacob25:23 tribe of judah 49:10

Jesus is in and through all the old testament

not just the famous and beautiful isaiah 53 passages :)

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
horsecamp said:
Jesus said of the old testament John 5:39

we also know laws came throug moses but Grace and truth came through Jesus John 1:17

Jesus told about in every book

here he is in the first book

God the Son---------gen 1:1

Genesis 3:15 the promise of Jesus to come in human skin

from Line Of seth 4:25 son of shem decedent of Abraham12:31 issac 21:12 of Jacob25:23 tribe of judah 49:10

Jesus is in and through all the old testament

not just the famous and beautiful isaiah 53 passages :)

Jesus IS the Torah. He is Joseph who was loved by the Father, sold into slavery to the Gentiles to save his people who will rule all nations shown by his coat of many colors(nations), Boaz our Kinsman Redeemer, David King of the Jews, Mordecai the Jew who Adopted Esther(us) who's roots were hidden, Joshua Yeshua who brings his people into the promised land, Melchezidec the high priest of the Most High God who is the King of Peace (Jerusalem), He is the Rock that the Hebrews drank from and the manna they ate. He is the Stone that the law is written upon, a stone of stumbling because men keep building their house upon sand instead of firmly upon The Rock being THE WORD OF GOD.
1 Cor 10:1-4
10:1 Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;
2 And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;
3 And did all eat the same spiritual meat;
4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.
KJV
1 Peter 2:5-10
5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.
7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,
8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.
9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:
10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.
KJV
He is the Word of the LORD who came to Abraham and all of the prophets.
Gen 15:1
15:1 After these things the word of the LORD came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward.
KJV
1 Sam 15:10
10 Then came the word of the LORD unto Samuel, saying,
KJV
2 Sam 7:4
4 And it came to pass that night, that the word of the LORD came unto Nathan, saying,
KJV
1 Kings 6:11
11 And the word of the LORD came to Solomon, saying,
KJV
1 Kings 12:22
22 But the word of God came unto Shemaiah the man of God, saying,
KJV
Isa 38:4
4 Then came the word of the LORD to Isaiah, saying,
KJV
John 1:1-2
1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
KJV

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
afaithfulone4u said:
Jesus IS the Torah. He is Joseph who was loved by the Father, sold into slavery to the Gentiles to save his people who will rule all nations shown by his coat of many colors(nations), Boaz our Kinsman Redeemer, David King of the Jews, Mordecai the Jew who Adopted Esther(us) who's roots were hidden, Joshua Yeshua who brings his people into the promised land, Melchezidec the high priest of the Most High God who is the King of Peace (Jerusalem), He is the Rock that the Hebrews drank from and the manna they ate. He is the Stone that the law is written upon, a stone of stumbling because men keep building their house upon sand instead of firmly upon The Rock being THE WORD OF GOD.
1 Cor 10:1-4
10:1 Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;
2 And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;
3 And did all eat the same spiritual meat;
4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.
KJV
1 Peter 2:5-10
5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.
7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,
8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.
9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:
10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.
KJV
He is the Word of the LORD who came to Abraham and all of the prophets.
Gen 15:1
15:1 After these things the word of the LORD came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward.
KJV
1 Sam 15:10
10 Then came the word of the LORD unto Samuel, saying,
KJV
2 Sam 7:4
4 And it came to pass that night, that the word of the LORD came unto Nathan, saying,
KJV
1 Kings 6:11
11 And the word of the LORD came to Solomon, saying,
KJV
1 Kings 12:22
22 But the word of God came unto Shemaiah the man of God, saying,
KJV
Isa 38:4
4 Then came the word of the LORD to Isaiah, saying,
KJV
John 1:1-2
1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
KJV
no arguments from me i think were on the same page in every thing .

Jesus is the word manifest in human skin John 1:1

you have no arguments from me on that .. ..

God law ------------- Jesus did it perfectly , for us..

his love perfect as only Jesus could for us.

Original sin is in us, like the beard. We are shaved today and look clean, and have a smooth chin; tomorrow our beard has grown again, nor does it cease growing while we remain on earth. --MARTIN LUTHER

In Romans 7, St. Paul says, "The law is spiritual." What does that mean? If the law were physical, then it could be satisfied by works, but since it is spiritual, no one can satisfy it unless everything he does springs from the depths of the heart. But no one can give such a heart except the Spirit of God, who makes the person be like the law, so that he actually conceives a heartfelt longing for the law and henceforward does everything, not through fear or coercion, but from a free heart.-- Martin Luther (1483-1546), "Preface to the Letter of St. Paul to the Romans"

Anything that one imagines of God apart from Christ is only useless thinking and vain idolatry. --Martin Luther

JB_Reformed Baptist

Many are called but few are chosen.
Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
horsecamp said:
no arguments from me i think were on the same page in every thing .

Jesus is the word manifest in human skin John 1:1

you have no arguments from me on that .. ..

God law ------------- Jesus did it perfectly , for us..

his love perfect as only Jesus could for us.

Original sin is in us, like the beard. We are shaved today and look clean, and have a smooth chin; tomorrow our beard has grown again, nor does it cease growing while we remain on earth. --MARTIN LUTHER

In Romans 7, St. Paul says, "The law is spiritual." What does that mean? If the law were physical, then it could be satisfied by works, but since it is spiritual, no one can satisfy it unless everything he does springs from the depths of the heart. But no one can give such a heart except the Spirit of God, who makes the person be like the law, so that he actually conceives a heartfelt longing for the law and henceforward does everything, not through fear or coercion, but from a free heart.-- Martin Luther (1483-1546), "Preface to the Letter of St. Paul to the Romans"

Anything that one imagines of God apart from Christ is only useless thinking and vain idolatry. --Martin Luther
Hey! What's wrong with a beard it's GOD ordained. :) :D

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
What I find all too often among Christians is a divergence between how they see Jesus and how they see the God of the Old Testament. You know the characterizations, angry, spewing vengeance, and implacable vs Jesus meek and mild who wouldn't hurt a fly. I've noticed among these Christians a tendency to find refuge in the New Testament and neglect the Old Testament, as if they were at odds. They'll have the Sermon on the Mount on the tip of their tongues but have no idea how many years Jacob worked to gain Rachel for a wife or how Elisha saved a mother and son on the brink of starvation.

But the Old Testament is truly a story of the prevailing of love and mercy amidst hard times. Even the commandments and laws can be seen as for our benefit and protection when viewed as being vouchsafed by a loving God. Even the "bad" parts of the Bible are often misunderstood. The conquering of Canaan achieved the cessation of evil, an evil far greater than the wars that stopped it. And the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah was for the protection of their beleaguered neighbors. When you start from the premise that God loves all people and wants the very best for us, you start to read a very different Old Testament than the one colored by the reprobate mind.

Dodo_David

Melmacian in human guise
Jul 13, 2013
"Grace" is unmerited favor. In Luke 4:25-27, the LORD Jesus talks about the examples of God's grace that are recorded in the Tanakh.

I assure you that there were many widows in Israel in Elijah’s time, when the sky was shut for three and a half years and there was a severe famine throughout the land. Yet Elijah was not sent to any of them, but to a widow in Zarephath in the region of Sidon. And there were many in Israel with leprosy in the time of Elisha the prophet, yet not one of them was cleansed—only Naaman the Syrian.
The examples of God's grace that the LORD cited were examples of God's grace being given to Gentiles.