Finding The Mind Of Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ. - 1 Corinthians 2:16.

I know we talk alot about Paul and his writing's but Paul gives some amazing insight into the mind of our father. Basically you get the 'mind of Christ when you read Paul.' When you read Paul you are reading the mind of Christ. Now let's stop here for a moment and reflect on that. The mind of Christ is the most talked about subject in scripture and among believers so it should be given alot of attention.

Why wouldn't God just say "ok boys and girls I have a book and it has several people I will use to write it and one particular writer is going to stand out his name is Saul to be Paul. When he writes he will be writing the mind of Christ." That would be nice right, but to do that what Paul writes or any other writers would loose what it has. It has to be revealed to you, scripture declares they must be spiritually discerned. Now that sounds like small wording but those small words 'spiritually discerned,' will turn out to mean everything to an on going believer. Those that are comfortable in their understanding those words may not mean anything. But to a hungry longing heart to know their father with that ache in heart for understanding they will mean everything.

You have to understand your bible is not like any other book that is written. Every other book has a human author, not your bible. Your bible is the inspiration of God, penned by man but given by God. It is as if God Himself wrote the bible by himself with no help. So when reading Paul the mind of Christ is written in the Epistles. Some people say that is true for all scripture and that is true to a point. The major difference is what Paul is saying. You cannot go anywhere else in written scripture and find the same declaration as far as who we are, and how we got to be who we are, and what to do with that knowledge. Nowhere else can that be fully accomplished in scripture like Paul's Epistles.

The scriptures are majestically put together and to be trusted to the fullest. Time and men try to exclude scripture from life but it has never worked and never will. It is the only life line for humanity and their Creator not to be messed with, dire warning given in scripture for such; men should heed. Man has been given to their own interpretations of written scripture and feel they will do humanity a service and rewrite what is written. Something easier to read one writer explained to me.

No when I write or listen to another or read a book or bible someone has constructed, I keep in mind the scriptures say "let every man be a lier for God is true." Do we purposely mislead, maybe some do but most are doing their best but it doesn't matter it is still never going to be what you need and can only get from your father himself.

When the father spoke audibly as Jesus was baptized "this is my son hear him," and hollered out of heaven at Paul on the road to Damascus and got his attention. He was saying "this is going to be my servant Paul hear him because he will tell you things that have never before exsisted on earth or with men." Something new that has never been in exsistence before now is happening and you need to know what it is, follow my servant.

Following my servant is the only way humanity can know anything (spiritually).

13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. - 1 Corinthians 2:13-14.

Reactions: marks

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all.
well you said it,
You have to understand your bible is not like any other book that is written.
the fist step is
#1. Proverbs 1:7

#2. and this FEAR of the Lord will prompt one to do this......... "get rid of ypur mind", so that you can recieve the mind of Christ

keyword....... "Surrender"

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

Reactions: soul man

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all.
well you said it,

the fist step is
#1. Proverbs 1:7

#2. and this FEAR of the Lord will prompt one to do this......... "get rid of ypur mind", so that you can recieve the mind of Christ

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

Great word yes. Yield is not the easiest think to do.

Zadok

Feb 15, 2021
Austin, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Mind of Christ is Immortal.
The Mind of Adam is mortal - "the carnal mind which is death" - Romans 8:6.

Thus are you being "transformed by the renewing of your mind"? - Romans 12:2

Reactions: soul man and marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the word metanoia, translated repentance, the meaning is literally, "the after-mind", that is, the mind you've exchanged your old mind for.

The Mind of Christ is Immortal.
The Mind of Adam is mortal - "the carnal mind which is death" - Romans 8:6.

Thus are you being "transformed by the renewing of your mind"? - Romans 12:2

We have a new mind, but we are so used to the sound and feel of the old mind, when we hear it's thoughts, we forget this isn't us, so we have to be renewed in our minds, learning to stay in the mind of Christ.

To find the mind of Christ, yes indeed, in the Word, and in obedience.

When we read and study and meditate upon the Bible, it's like a key in a lock. The new creation agrees completely with Scritpure.

I've learned for myself that while I give a great importance to Paul's portions, even so, it's all very important. There was a month or so I become obsessed with reading Ecclesiastes, over and over, listening in my car, at work, I read and heard it hundreds of times in those weeks. But then I began to see the effects of this in fundamental shifts in my mind.

God used that to rewrite my mind, as He does, I think, with all Scripture.

You have to understand your bible is not like any other book that is written. Every other book has a human author, not your bible. Your bible is the inspiration of God, penned by man but given by God. It is as if God Himself wrote the bible by himself with no help.

Just so! And not that only, but He wrote His Book knowing me, and knowing how I'd understand what He wrote, and how it would go to work in me.

This is the other way I find to know the mind of Christ. Do the things we read. Like Hebrews talks about, the milk and the meat, and meat is for those who by reason of use have their senses excercise to discern good and evil, something like that.

If we do the parts we understand, we'll become more able to understand the parts we don't.

Much love!

Reactions: soul man

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the word metanoia, translated repentance, the meaning is literally, "the after-mind", that is, the mind you've exchanged your old mind for.

We have a new mind, but we are so used to the sound and feel of the old mind, when we hear it's thoughts, we forget this isn't us, so we have to be renewed in our minds, learning to stay in the mind of Christ.

To find the mind of Christ, yes indeed, in the Word, and in obedience.

When we read and study and meditate upon the Bible, it's like a key in a lock. The new creation agrees completely with Scritpure.

I've learned for myself that while I give a great importance to Paul's portions, even so, it's all very important. There was a month or so I become obsessed with reading Ecclesiastes, over and over, listening in my car, at work, I read and heard it hundreds of times in those weeks. But then I began to see the effects of this in fundamental shifts in my mind.

God used that to rewrite my mind, as He does, I think, with all Scripture.

Just so! And not that only, but He wrote His Book knowing me, and knowing how I'd understand what He wrote, and how it would go to work in me.

This is the other way I find to know the mind of Christ. Do the things we read. Like Hebrews talks about, the milk and the meat, and meat is for those who by reason of use have their senses excercise to discern good and evil, something like that.

If we do the parts we understand, we'll become more able to understand the parts we don't.

Much love!

Good word Mark, thanks!

Reactions: marks