First Amendment in Action

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Now as the religoins merge only more and more under the mindset that a true christain
just hugs and embraces
It isn't about hugs and embraces. You are deliberately minimising the actual call of the gospel. Jesus never intended that we should not be in the world.

KJV John 17:9, 11-21
9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.
11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are. (There is a unity that Jesus desires we should be partaking in... That unity is with Him and the Father)
12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.
13 And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves.
14 I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. (Yet Jesus fed, healed, and loved those in the world).
15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil. This is so very pertinent and important. We are not to be isolationist.
16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
18 As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.
19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.
20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

That's why I'm here. I can be friendly with everyone here, yet speak the truth. I can be friendly with everyone here, yet remain distinctively Adventist. I can be friendly with everyone here, yet explain and demonstrate what it is to be not only a Christian, but a Seventh Day Adventist Christian, and I can do so without compromising my beliefs and partaking of the spirit of non-denominationalism that is so prevalent, and Christian nationalism that is becoming overwhelmingly popular.
How am I able to do that,? By the grace and power of God through the present intercession of Christ our High Priest who continues to pray for me as He did in John 17.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rita and Cassandra

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It isn't about hugs and embraces. You are deliberately minimising the actual call of the gospel. Jesus never intended that we should not be in the world.

KJV John 17:9, 11-21
9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.
11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are. (There is a unity that Jesus desires we should be partaking in... That unity is with Him and the Father)
12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.
13 And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves.
14 I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. (Yet Jesus fed, healed, and loved those in the world).
15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil. This is so very pertinent and important. We are not to be isolationist.
16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
18 As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.
19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.
20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

That's why I'm here. I can be friendly with everyone here, yet speak the truth. I can be friendly with everyone here, yet remain distinctively Adventist. I can be friendly with everyone here, yet explain and demonstrate what it is to be not only a Christian, but a Seventh Day Adventist Christian, and I can do so without compromising my beliefs and partaking of the spirit of non-denominationalism that is so prevalent, and Christian nationalism that is becoming overwhelmingly popular.
How am I able to do that,? By the grace and power of God through the present intercession of Christ our High Priest who continues to pray for me as He did in John 17.
Was paul friendly . YES . did paul warn very gravely and very serious . YES .
Let us remember that too . I am not attacking the idea of being kind to folks .
But let me say this . What would JESUS DO and what DID HE DO when he saw error .
What did paul do when he saw error .
IF we can just sit and try and get along and overlook the deadly dangers of seriously false denominations
THEN WE GOT a serious problem .
YOU DO realize the mormons are following another GOD pard .
TRY examining that religoin . And just like other denominations it too can quoate the gospel .
BUT SO can the devil my friend . SO can many .
IF you dont believe me , fly down and lets walk around my town and into some of our churches .
You then see the SINS within . THEN try and correct said sins and watch what happens .
The gays will stand as one and say FOR GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD HE SENT HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON
that all who do believe would we be saved . THEN SAY THEY DO BELIEVE . YET , YET LOVE AND EMBRACE SIN .
Folks who do so are no different than i once was my friend . LOST AS HELL UNDER A DELUSION , THINKING YOU ARE SAVED
but know niether GOD or CHRIST . BUT NOW under a false love a cry for unity has been made
WHICH HOLLERS , TIME TO OVERLOOK our differences and just come together as one . YOU wanna know something very sad .
EVERY Person i have seen under that mindset , hates the hell out of any reminder against any sin they are in .
NOW GEE , i wonder why that is .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Was paul friendly . YES . did paul warn very gravely and very serious . YES .
Let us remember that too . I am not attacking the idea of being kind to folks .
But let me say this . What would JESUS DO and what DID HE DO when he saw error .
What did paul do when he saw error .
IF we can just sit and try and get along and overlook the deadly dangers of seriously false denominations
THEN WE GOT a serious problem .
YOU DO realize the mormons are following another GOD pard .
TRY examining that religoin . And just like other denominations it too can quoate the gospel .
BUT SO can the devil my friend . SO can many .
IF you dont believe me , fly down and lets walk around my town and into some of our churches .
You then see the SINS within . THEN try and correct said sins and watch what happens .
The gays will stand as one and say FOR GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD HE SENT HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON
that all who do believe would we be saved . THEN SAY THEY DO BELIEVE . YET , YET LOVE AND EMBRACE SIN .
Folks who do so are no different than i once was my friend . LOST AS HELL UNDER A DELUSION , THINKING YOU ARE SAVED
but know niether GOD or CHRIST . BUT NOW under a false love a cry for unity has been made
WHICH HOLLERS , TIME TO OVERLOOK our differences and just come together as one . YOU wanna know something very sad .
EVERY Person i have seen under that mindset , hates the hell out of any reminder against any sin they are in .
NOW GEE , i wonder why that is .
Okay, clearly you view the SDA church as a seriously dangerous denomination. I suggest in all fairness and honesty, and in your self professed desire to tell the truth without holding back, to explain to us all Adventists here why we are so dangerous, and what it is about our teachings that potentially lead people into oblivion. Seriously, I would repeat Barneys question to you, what do you actually know about the pre-advent judgement that you aren't parroting (it's wrong) from others?
And what other doctrines and teachings do we have that are dangerous? And why?
Oh. And PS. Have you ever seen me hold back when I perceive erroron Christian teachings on this forum? Ok text, I would say more but forum rules forbid it.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Okay, clearly you view the SDA church as a seriously dangerous denomination. I suggest in all fairness and honesty, and in your self professed desire to tell the truth without holding back, to explain to us all Adventists here why we are so dangerous, and what it is about our teachings that potentially lead people into oblivion. Seriously, I would repeat Barneys question to you, what do you actually know about the pre-advent judgement that you aren't parroting (it's wrong) from others?
Oh. And PS. Have you ever seen me hold back when I perceive erroron Christian teachings on this forum? Ok text, I would say more but forum rules forbid it.
While we are talking about that, let me offer an example to which no-one has the nous, energy, biblical honesty or integrity to reply on it... Except H2S.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Investigative judgment . It was brought about HOW .
What had occured and what led to this teaching .
That alone should have spelled disaster . That alone would have done the whole thing in .
Something had occured . What was it . and rather than to repent of it , INVESTIGATIVE JUDGMENT was born .
A hint . HEY brakelite , if i came and set a date for the return of CHRIST JESUS
Would you follow me . I mean if i set a date for it .
And lets say you did . Lets say i said thus sayeth the LORD , the return of CHRIST
is coming on october the fifteenth . And lets just say you were blind enough to believe it .
THEN the day occurs . Nothing . SO i set another date . MISS IT TOO .
THEN along comes one who sat under such a man . AND all of a sudden
she gets a revelation , SHE CLAIMS IS OF GOD . and believe me IT WASNT .
That they had not missed the EVENT . Just the place . INVESTIGATIVE JUDGEMENT was born .
PS , the jw did a similiar thing .
You do realize that false ones can often speak truths .
THERE are some things i do like about the adventists . OR lets say the OLDER ones
before they were infected by , WHAT every other denomination has to some degree been affected by .
And that was their truths about paganism . They were SOLID on that
and some other things too .
As far as how they twisted the chapter in hebrews and in acts to make it say something to justify their own belief
IS a big miss . Investigative judgement , GOTTA GO my friends .
ITS gotta go . Why dont you explain what it is and when it came to be and WHY it came to be .
THEY were date setters my friend . That alone should have told you something .
And rather than to repent of it , THEY JUSTIFIED IT by saying OH we messed up the PLACE .
WRONG . THEY FOULED UP would have been the right answer . THAT WOULD have shown TRUE REPENTANCE .
But rather they preached a delusion to justify the leaders that ol ellen could not let go of .
HER trust was in her man dude . SHOULD have been in GOD . Ellen proved her love for humanity over GOD
when she refused to repent of his lie and rather did all she could to simply justify it by saying
OH HE Was RIGHT . ITS JUST HE HAD THE PLACE WRONG . NO he was false dude . And she couldnt see him for what he was .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some of its teachings are seriously dangerous .
But i have met adventist who NO LONGER HOLD to such views . They headed in the right direction .
So long as they dont get sucked into what has crept into every denomination .
You do realize what is going on and has been .
EVERY denomination , from the FALSE and YES I said FALSE MORMONS , though to say such a thing
today would be called hate . To the Deadly doctrines of the JW who absolutely DENIES the diety of CHRIST
The denominations are and have been abondoning their core beliefs .
NOW if this was being done the right way I WOULD CHEER . BUT IT AINT .
THE ONLY reason they are abandoning , or NO LONGER TEACHING them
AINT because they all of a sudden are waking up . RATHER ITS cause the goal was and is
TO REMOVE EVERY fundamental belief that divides us and preach a SORRY pile of dung love lie .
Its in EVERY denomination now pardner . EVEN YOURS .
Now just cause its being sold in every denomination , DONT MEAN every church of those denominations
has bought into it . FEW have not . VERY FEW .
On the path they are on , do you realize who is gonna be enemy number one
JESUS CHRIST , the true lambs who did not conform . SO my advice is
LET US JUST GET IN THE BIBLE , DISREGAURD ALL our denomination taught us
AND LEARN for ourselves and NOW . RIGHT NOW .
I am not saying , however that everything ones denomination taught them is a lie .
I AM SAYING this , because lies are buried within them
and SO IS THE LIE . THE BIG LIE has and is infiltrating them .
Mark my words , on this path in time
IT WILL BE ME you all reject BIG TIME . and folks like me . As mormons , muslims , whateverisms are more and more accepted .
Cause once we start down a wrong path , IT WONT GET BETTER LEST WE GET OFF that path .
And i see it ALL Over some folks here . Some much worse than others .
But put me to the test . YOU READ JUST BIBLE for you and i give you the three hour challenge .
This is very simple . For three months you read the new testament for three hours a day .
THEN COME and find me and lets TALK . BUT If you aint even willing to do that , well dont accuse me .
cause all i did was try and get folks back in the bible FOR ONE SPECIFIC REASON .

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Investigative judgment . It was brought about HOW .
What had occured and what led to this teaching .
That alone should have spelled disaster . That alone would have done the whole thing in .
Something had occured . What was it . and rather than to repent of it , INVESTIGATIVE JUDGMENT was born .
A hint . HEY brakelite , if i came and set a date for the return of CHRIST JESUS
Would you follow me . I mean if i set a date for it .
And lets say you did . Lets say i said thus sayeth the LORD , the return of CHRIST
is coming on october the fifteenth . And lets just say you were blind enough to believe it .
THEN the day occurs . Nothing . SO i set another date . MISS IT TOO .
THEN along comes one who sat under such a man . AND all of a sudden
she gets a revelation , SHE CLAIMS IS OF GOD . and believe me IT WASNT .
That they had not missed the EVENT . Just the place . INVESTIGATIVE JUDGEMENT was born .
PS , the jw did a similiar thing .
You do realize that false ones can often speak truths .
THERE are some things i do like about the adventists . OR lets say the OLDER ones
before they were infected by , WHAT every other denomination has to some degree been affected by .
And that was their truths about paganism . They were SOLID on that
and some other things too .
As far as how they twisted the chapter in hebrews and in acts to make it say something to justify their own belief
IS a big miss . Investigative judgement , GOTTA GO my friends .
ITS gotta go . Why dont you explain what it is and when it came to be and WHY it came to be .
THEY were date setters my friend . That alone should have told you something .
And rather than to repent of it , THEY JUSTIFIED IT by saying OH we messed up the PLACE .
WRONG . THEY FOULED UP would have been the right answer . THAT WOULD have shown TRUE REPENTANCE .
But rather they preached a delusion to justify the leaders that ol ellen could not let go of .
HER trust was in her man dude . SHOULD have been in GOD . Ellen proved her love for humanity over GOD
when she refused to repent of his lie and rather did all she could to simply justify it by saying
OH HE Was RIGHT . ITS JUST HE HAD THE PLACE WRONG . NO he was false dude . And she couldnt see him for what he was .
Let me offer you a hint. In the early 19th century in South America, Europe, and in North America and elsewhere, God raised up ordinary folk from all walks of life, unrelated to one another, now knowing one another, having had no contact or communication with one another, yet all sharing the exact same message. Jesus is coming back soon. This was a fulfillment of prophecy. The book of Daniel was being opened by the holy Spirit and people were beginning to understand the prophecies within.
One such person read a Baptist layman in America, William Miller. People say a lot of stuff against him today, without ever actually investigating who he was, and what he taught, and why. It was Miller who discovered the date. At first he didn't know what it meant. But the date itself couldn't at first be denied. Context gave them to believe it was the second coming, and thus began a revival that swept the nation. This extended across the globe. 50,000 people lived through that day, and yes, nothing happened. Then they discovered a genuine error in the calculation, involving the fact that there is no year zero between the BC and AD. this error placed the real date a year ahead. Again, not only Miller, but dozens of like minded evangelists filled with the Spirit of God preached repentance for the time of Jesus coming was near. That date passed by, and the "Great Disappointment" was born. Everyone of those original 50,000 walked away. Except for a select few, just 50 people were sure that the whole movement was of God. But they didn't know why the day had come and gone with their hopes dashed. But they had faith. The date was still correct, and no-one could refute it.

The date was set in scripture before there was ever a Seventh Day Adventist. That date was investigated and studied by scholars, pastors, and there were debates by the doubters and the sceptics of course, and that continues today doesn't it Amigo. But people still study the scriptures that give that time, and that day, and it's still there in black and white. October 22 1844.
Disappointed they were, but not deterred. Remember, these were not Seventh Day Adventists. They were Congregationalists, Baptists, Presbyterians, Anglicans, Catholics, deists, and they knew there was only one thing to do. Pray. Study scripture. And that they did. They weren't looking for a lie. They were seeking truth. They wanted answers.

They found those answers in scripture. Not in Ellen White who was only 16 at the time. Not in anyone else, but through the grace and revelation of the holy Spirit. And it started from the realisation that there is a sanctuary in heaven, as Revelation and the book of Hebrews speaks of. It was the sanctuary in heaven that the prophecy refers to, not the earth. That started a chain of understanding that has delighted and encouraged millions since.
And that is precisely what you need my friend or else you are a prime candidate for falling for the counterfeit latter rain (Revelation 13:13) and accepting the mark of the beast. You don't know who the beast is, despite your preaching against the papacy. You don't understand the the true agendas that are operating within those prophesies, for as far as I can tell, your speeches against Pope Francis isn't based on prophecy, but on your emotions and the actual speeches from Francis himself, and others. Your objections are based on observation, not prophecy. That is not a reliable foundation. One day you, like everyone else, will observe miracles and signs and wonders that you cannot deny, and you may very well be sucked into the same deceptions that will overtake every nation on the planet.
You rightly encourage others that they should study their Bibles. And yet very little of what you speak on is based on those studies. They are emotional, and have little prophetic foundation.
If you had truly studied the prophecies related to the investigative judgement, or pre-advent judgement, (call it what you like), and perhaps made some genuine enquiries as to the foundations of our beliefs instead of taking the word of the sceptics and unbelievers, you would have been in a better position to discuss these issues. You wouldn't have been so eager to fire off shotgun rounds in the hope of hitting a target. This is a huge subject amigo. Entire books have been dedicated to the topic. It cannot be even summarised in posts on a forum. You need to spend time in prayer and study and seriously investigate what these things are all about. And don't start with the books and articles written by our enemies. They will not inform you about what we believe, but simply what we don't believe. They won't help. These matters a deep. They cannot be understood by superficial casual perusing of headlines and objections. I can give you links if you are interested. Are you interested? Really interested in what we actually do know and understand about prophetic realities and the deep meaning of the sanctuary and Jesus's role there?

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me offer you a hint. In the early 19th century in South America, Europe, and in North America and elsewhere, God raised up ordinary folk from all walks of life, unrelated to one another, now knowing one another, having had no contact or communication with one another, yet all sharing the exact same message. Jesus is coming back soon. This was a fulfillment of prophecy. The book of Daniel was being opened by the holy Spirit and people were beginning to understand the prophecies within.
One such person read a Baptist layman in America, William Miller. People say a lot of stuff against him today, without ever actually investigating who he was, and what he taught, and why. It was Miller who discovered the date. At first he didn't know what it meant. But the date itself couldn't at first be denied. Context gave them to believe it was the second coming, and thus began a revival that swept the nation. This extended across the globe. 50,000 people lived through that day, and yes, nothing happened. Then they discovered a genuine error in the calculation, involving the fact that there is no year zero between the BC and AD. this error placed the real date a year ahead. Again, not only Miller, but dozens of like minded evangelists filled with the Spirit of God preached repentance for the time of Jesus coming was near. That date passed by, and the "Great Disappointment" was born. Everyone of those original 50,000 walked away. Except for a select few, just 50 people were sure that the whole movement was of God. But they didn't know why the day had come and gone with their hopes dashed. But they had faith. The date was still correct, and no-one could refute it.

The date was set in scripture before there was ever a Seventh Day Adventist. That date was investigated and studied by scholars, pastors, and there were debates by the doubters and the sceptics of course, and that continues today doesn't it Amigo. But people still study the scriptures that give that time, and that day, and it's still there in black and white. October 22 1844.
Disappointed they were, but not deterred. Remember, these were not Seventh Day Adventists. They were Congregationalists, Baptists, Presbyterians, Anglicans, Catholics, deists, and they knew there was only one thing to do. Pray. Study scripture. And that they did. They weren't looking for a lie. They were seeking truth. They wanted answers.

They found those answers in scripture. Not in Ellen White who was only 16 at the time. Not in anyone else, but through the grace and revelation of the holy Spirit. And it started from the realisation that there is a sanctuary in heaven, as Revelation and the book of Hebrews speaks of. It was the sanctuary in heaven that the prophecy refers to, not the earth. That started a chain of understanding that has delighted and encouraged millions since.
And that is precisely what you need my friend or else you are a prime candidate for falling for the counterfeit latter rain (Revelation 13:13) and accepting the mark of the beast. You don't know who the beast is, despite your preaching against the papacy. You don't understand the the true agendas that are operating within those prophesies, for as far as I can tell, your speeches against Pope Francis isn't based on prophecy, but on your emotions and the actual speeches from Francis himself, and others. Your objections are based on observation, not prophecy. One day you, like everyone else, will observe miracles and signs and wonders that you cannot deny, and you may very well be sucked into the same descriptions that will overtake every nation in the planet.
You rightly encourage others that they should study their Bibles. And yet very little of what you speak on is based on those studies. They are emotional, and have little prophetic foundation.
If you had truly studied the prophecies related to the investigative judgement, or pre-advent judgement, (call it what you like), and perhaps made some genuine enquiries as to the foundations of our beliefs instead of taking the word of the sceptics and unbelievers, you would have been in a better position to discuss these issues. You wouldn't have been so eager to fire off shotgun rounds in the hope of hitting a target. This is a huge subject amigo. Entire books have been dedicated to the topic. It cannot be even summarised in posts on a forum. You need to spend time in prayer and study and seriously investigate what these things are all about. And don't start with the books and articles written by our enemies. They will not inform you about what we believe, but simply what we don't believe. They won't help. These matters a deep. They cannot be understood by superficial casual perusing of headlines and objections. I can give you links off you are interested. Are you interested? Really interested in what we actually do know and understand about prophetic realities and the deep meaning of the sanctuary and Jesus's role there?
THERE YOU GO . see the problem . WHY would true men of GOD
ever have thought GOD was giving them a date FOR CHRISTS RETURN . I mean even babes
know we will not know the day or hour . SO WHY did they even beleive it .
Investigative judgment is not true my friend . My speeches agaisnst pope francis are cause HE IS false .
HE and others who do his work are false . THey are co workers simply building the one world religoin .
And that IS a fact barney . The man is dangerous . As for the mark of the beast
it aint sunday worship . Never was . Many men and women have worshipped ON fri and sat as sabbath
and i dont seem to see them being unable to buy or sell . SURE i agree the CC did change the day . No doubt about that .
But that aint the mark of the beast . BUT WE SURE are about to see it in action .
JUST wait . SOON enough anyone who wont comply , aka worship , no buy no sell . OH ITS COMING barney
its right at the door wtih this digital system .
IT aint about sunday worship . Its much more than that my friend . much more .
THis all inclusive we are one religoin , that one , IS COMING RIGHT FROM the harlot .
And yet are ever unifying faiths and false religoins , SEEM TO THINK this is an awakening
NO , ITS A DELUSION my friend a lie that will lead this earth as one RIGHT TO THE DAY of aremeggedon .

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
WHY would true men of GOD
ever have thought GOD was giving them a date FOR CHRISTS RETURN . I mean even babes
KJV Daniel 8:13-14
13 Then I heard one saint speaking, and another saint said unto that certain saint which spake, How long shall be the vision concerning the daily sacrifice, and the transgression of desolation, to give both the sanctuary and the host to be trodden under foot?
14 And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.

When Jesus said no man, nor angel, not even He, knows the day or the hour, He didn't say that there would never be a time when such would be revealed. Would have to be revealed at least to Jesus right? Why would He not warn His children? Paul said KJV 1 Thessalonians 5:2-4
2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

Like I said, the date still stands. It's clearly important, and was given in a conversation between 2 angels.
It's prophecy. it's given for your benefit and edification, and clearly pertains to the last days. So. You tell us what it means if you are so certain it isn't what we teach.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
13 Then I heard one saint speaking, and another saint said unto that certain saint which spake, How long shall be the vision concerning the daily sacrifice, and the transgression of desolation, to give both the sanctuary and the host to be trodden under foot?
14 And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.

When Jesus said no man, nor angel, not even He, knows the day or the hour, He didn't say that there would never be a time when such would be revealed. Would have to be revealed at least to Jesus right? Why would He not warn His children? Paul said KJV 1 Thessalonians 5:2-4
2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

Like I said, the date still stands. It's clearly important, and was given in a conversation between 2 angels.
It's prophecy. it's given for your benefit and edification, and clearly pertains to the last days. So. You tell us what it means if you are so certain it isn't what we teach.
Its like this my friend . I might not understand all of revelation , but i know when something that is taught is not true .
Miller was trying to figure out the teaching in daniel . But he pegged it wrong . Folks do things like this all the time .
What made it dangerous was the fact of what he added in to make if fit .
As for what it means i dont claim to know , but one thing i do know investigative judgment is in correct .
I truly wish you would flee it . Some adventists have .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The sanctuary shall be cleansed . Now what sanctuary do you suppose that means .
The day of the LORD , we can see it approaching but it dont mean we will know the day or hour .
JESUS main warning was we would not know the day nor hour , BUT TO BE READY .
Miller thought otherwise .

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thank you for posting this article. Victories such as this are good but tenuous. Until the culture at large changes these wins can easily be swept away with another appointment or vote.

Now is the time to embrace victory with love. Never gloat. Never appear mean spirited. Always show kindness and compassion towards those with whom you disagree. We need to work extra hard to dispel our perception as being judgemental towards others since that is possibly the greatest stumbling block non believers have when the topic of prayer is raised.
We're glad to have laws that reflect and uphold the word of God, and help to keep evil at bay, however you are so right that in a democracy the majority gets their way, whether for evil or for good. Thus the only answer and hope for our respective nations is for hearts to change through the gospel, so that people want and vote for what is good, not evil. The gospel is our spiritual weapon, not the Law or politics.

And I can't help but feel that praying publicly after winning a game or getting a goal is a bit like saying God loves you more than your opposing team. It is only a game after all! Why does anyone really deserve to win a game more than another team who want to win just as badly. Fine if that's someone's job and occupation, they should do their best as unto the Lord, but as long as it is realized the spirit of competition is really of the flesh, not the Spirit of God - we need to distinguish between the common and the holy.

Last edited:

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I wasn't accusing you. I meant this in a purely general sense. It's important to remember that perception is oftentimes the driver of reality. For those to whom Christianity equals oppression, rulings such as this will be seen as encroaching tyranny. I know, it's backwards but that's how many do see it. Knowing this we need to be extra sensitive to show love and compassion. It's hard, but we're all God's children and he loves us all equally. You'll recall the parable of the lost sheep, how the shepherd will leave the ninety-nine to find and retrieve the one.
I agree, and unfortunately "religion" in the "name of Christ" has proved to be oppressive and sometimes horribly so. Whether on a large national scale or small scale within individual churches. This is still the gospel age and I hope we are not in the business of trying to force people to be good and punish them if they are not. That is not the mandate given to the church.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Its like this my friend . I might not understand all of revelation , but i know when something that is taught is not true .
Miller was trying to figure out the teaching in daniel . But he pegged it wrong . Folks do things like this all the time .
What made it dangerous was the fact of what he added in to make if fit .
As for what it means i dont claim to know , but one thing i do know investigative judgment is in correct .
I truly wish you would flee it . Some adventists have .
I don't know anything about this Miller person, but I do know Jesus said He is coming when we DON'T expect. He wasn't lying.

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This verse doesn't mean we will know ahead of time when He is coming - it just means that if we are ready for His return, by not being in darkness (sin and evil), He will not come upon us as a thief to take away what we had (eg, like the unprofitable servant or those who were saying Lord, Lord etc), but as a Saviour to save us.

• Love

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree, and unfortunately "religion" in the "name of Christ" has proved to be oppressive and sometimes horribly so. Whether on a large national scale or small scale within individual churches. This is still the gospel age and I hope we are not in the business of trying to force people to be good and punish them if they are not. That is not the mandate given to the church.
Yes the church simply corrects its own from within . Example . IF a brother or sister be in a sin
and wont repent , they do get cast out of said church .
But we cannot force unbelievers to be good . GOTTA preach JESUS to those and if they reject , THEN shake the dust off and move on .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We're glad to have laws that reflect and uphold the word of God, and help to keep evil at bay, however you are so right that in a democracy the majority gets their way, whether for evil or for good. Thus the only answer and hope for our respective nations is for hearts to change through the gospel, so that people want and vote for what is good, not evil. The gospel is our spiritual weapon, not the Law or politics.

And I can't help but feel that praying publicly after winning a game or getting a goal is a bit like saying God loves you more than your opposing team. It is only a game after all! Why does anyone really deserve to win a game more than another team who want to win just as badly. Fine if that's someone's job and occupation, they should do their best as unto the Lord, but as long as it is realized the spirit of competition is really of the flesh, not the Spirit of God - we need to distinguish between the common and the holy.
The agenda gets its way . When a peoples shun GOD
all i can say is expect EVIL to rise and take over and expect bad wicked depraved laws to follow .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This verse doesn't mean we will know ahead of time when He is coming - it just means that if we are ready for His return, by not being in darkness (sin and evil), He will not come upon us as a thief to take away what we had (eg, like the unprofitable servant or those who were saying Lord, Lord etc), but as a Saviour to save us.
Spot on right sister . spot on right .
But there it is , NOW YOU SEE why i refuse to follow investigative judgment .
THEY were date setters thinking they had special knowledge about the DAY of the LORD .
THEN when they failed , DUE TO CHRIST DID NOT COME BACK
they invented investigative judgment . Meaning , OH miller had the DATE RIGHT
but the location was not earth but RATHER ......................
the JWS did a similiar thing too . Lambs wont and dont follow date setters nor heed their excuses when their date failed .

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes the church simply corrects its own from within . Example . IF a brother or sister be in a sin
and wont repent , they do get cast out of said church .
But we cannot force unbelievers to be good . GOTTA preach JESUS to those and if they reject , THEN shake the dust off and move on .
Yes, but you're talking about the church, and I was talking about people in the world/society, not the church. We can get too caught up with politics and making laws, when that is not our mandate as the church. Sinners used to be persecuted and murdered in Christian countries in the name of religion. That's NOT what we want to be found doing when Jesus returns!

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Spot on right sister . spot on right .
But there it is , NOW YOU SEE why i refuse to follow investigative judgment .
THEY were date setters thinking they had special knowledge about the DAY of the LORD .
THEN when they failed , DUE TO CHRIST DID NOT COME BACK
they invented investigative judgment . Meaning , OH miller had the DATE RIGHT
but the location was not earth but RATHER ......................
the JWS did a similiar thing too . Lambs wont and dont follow date setters nor heed their excuses when their date failed .
They had to invent more lies to cover up their previous lie...? My oh my! Instead of just acknowledging their error and learning from it!

• Love