First Amendment in Action

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The 14A limits States - not private business. Except for a few exceptions, private business can discriminate as much as they please.
The Civil Rights Act spells out that states can't pass laws denying anyone....even people you choose to hate.. full and equal access to the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, and accommodations of any place of public accommodation.

So no, a private business can't discriminate as much as they please no matter how bigoted they are.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There is no ‘separation of church and state’ in the US Constitution.
Any response to this that I might make could end up in litigation with a series of judicial challenges with the USSC deciding in any direction considering the changes of direction they've made over the years.
But short answer, yes, you are right. The wall of separation was a judicial interpretation, so depending on one's personal understanding of what religious liberty means, reflects on whether there's a wall or not. Right now, it's barely more than a broken picket fence. The late Pat Robertson worked tirelessly to dismantle any semblance of division between church and state through a long series of court cases and media hype. Today, it's very difficult to discern in American Christianity where politics and religion begins and ends. It beginning to look more and more like a pseudo man made theocracy where priest and King are one and the same

Last edited:

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it's very difficult to discern in American Christianity where politics and religion begins and ends.
As it should be since the common denominator in religion and politics is morality.

Aside from respecting other's rights, it would be odd if one had one set of morals privately but another set of morals publicly. For instance, being against child sex trafficing for public policy but wanting it for onself privately.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no 1st Amendment right of the State to be left alone by the church.
actually the reason for the first admendemnt was to protect us from govt
and to ensure no govt state run religion could ever be formed again . ROME . remember that harlot .
SHE and the states had adopted a state religoin . IT PUT many to death who agreed not to it .
Guess what . the hyprocritcal left is doing the very same thing .
OH they try and use it , out of text to say We have no RIGHTS TO EVANGELIZE , we have no rights to have the bible in schools or etc .
WHICH AINT WHAT IT MEANT AT ALL .
YET they have constructed the worlds largest religion . WHICH i might add , IS PERSECUTING ANYONE an EVERYONE
who disagrees with ITS VIEWS .
Would you like to see its hyprocrisy in action .
IF a man steps up to preach gospel truth , exposing sin and error , ITS GETS SHUT Down .
IF you dare speak a word against their religoin of tolerance , aka YOU KNOW what i mean
You get brought into courts , even arrested .
The motto is IF IT OFFENDS ANYONE you have no right to say it .
RATHER ODD though . MUCH of what the perverted teaches can offend us all day long , BUT ITS FINE AND ITS GOOD
in their eyes . SEE Its not about tolerance . ITS ABOUT ERADICATION . THEIR DESIRE IS TO ERADICATE
TRUTH , BIBLICAL TRUTH FROM SOCIETY . THEY have a RELIGOIN already and its GOVT SUPPORTED
and GOVT ENFORCED . THEY are hyprocrites .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Moral judgment just feels like hate.
Their unmoral judgments against us who wont call them by a false gender . IS HATE .
they are demanding now that we call them by their own insanity of what they think they are .
I WONT DO IT BUD . i refuse to call a man in a dress a mam or a woman . IT wont be happening .
If they were born a male , they get a male pronoun from me . IF they were born a female
its a female pronoun from me . THEY the ones TRYING TO FORCE their RELIGION of uncleanliness upon all now .
AND If you think its not govt backed . YOUR wrong .
THEY will persecute and are making more laws now that will soon detain those who refuse to bow the knee to
A LIE . well , detain me , inprison me , heck they can kill me , THIS lamb wont conform to ANY LIE .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As it should be since the common denominator in religion and politics is morality.

Aside from respecting other's rights, it would be odd if one had one set of morals privately but another set of morals publicly. For instance, being against child sex trafficing for public policy but wanting it for onself privately.
This generation wants us to accept its insanity . I made a half hearted joke
a while back , that said basically , I AM GONNA NEED PILLS for THEIR INSANITY . they gonna drive the world totally insane
with their insanity .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

We bend the KNEE to GOD NOW . not to men who preach a lie and insanity . The cost will be the cost .
BUT always remember , GOD IS GREATER than man . IN the end , in the end of this life
only ONE THING MATTERED . DID WE KNOW GOD , HIS CHRIST and embrace HIM .
Cause there be two places i know of that occur after one departs this life . ONE IS REAL GOOD
the other is real BAD . So , whatever man gonna do to us he is gonna do to us . NEVER CONFORM TO A LIE .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Any response to this that I might make could end up in litigation with a series of judicial challenges with the USSC deciding in any direction considering the changes of direction they've made over the years.
But short answer, yes, you are right. The wall of separation was a judicial interpretation, so depending on one's personal understanding of what religious liberty means, reflects on whether there's a wall or not. Right now, it's barely more than a broken picket fence. The late Pat Robertson worked tirelessly to dismantle any semblance of division between church and state through a long series of court cases and media hype. Today, it's very difficult to discern in American Christianity where politics and religion begins and ends. It beginning to look more and more like a pseudo man made theocracy where priest and King are one and the same
And it is why i have long said , Get the politics OUT of the churches and hope not in men , govts at all .
Simply preach n teach EVERY , EVERY WORD OF THE LORD . having all HOPE , ALL TRUST IN HE ALONE .
GEt the true gosple out . AND PS , the social all inclusive gospel that many now embrace , YEAH ITS OF THE DEVIL .
just saying in case anyone hear supports that abomination .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Civil Rights Act spells out that states can't pass laws denying anyone....even people you choose to hate.. full and equal access to the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, and accommodations of any place of public accommodation.

So no, a private business can't discriminate as much as they please no matter how bigoted they are.
So your saying that if i am a well known man for speaking out against all sins , including homosexuality
that means THAT ALL business in america ought not to shut me out .
So then why does the govt and why is the govt doing just that to certain folks who hold them bibles up .
OOPSY me thinks me smells hyprocritcal POOPSY .

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So your saying that if i am a well known man for speaking out against all sins , including homosexuality
that means THAT ALL business in america ought not to shut me out .

If you walk into a restaurant and start ranting about any topic disturbing other customers and causing problems for the business then yes that business has every right to ask you to leave. But doing so is not discrimination, you aren't being shown the door because of who you are.
So then why does the govt and why is the govt doing just that to certain folks who hold them bibles up .
OOPSY me thinks me smells hyprocritcal POOPSY .
who are you talking about?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to scripture the world and the kingdom of God have nothing in common... Especially their particular versions of morality.
My point stands. I’m not talking about any particular religion. Ethics is what religion and politics have in common. Fact.

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
we have no rights to have the bible in schools or etc .
Nonsense
YET they have constructed the worlds largest religion . WHICH i might add , IS PERSECUTING ANYONE an EVERYONE
who disagrees with ITS VIEWS .
Yes Christianity is the world's largest religion
Would you like to see its hyprocrisy in action .
IF a man steps up to preach gospel truth , exposing sin and error , ITS GETS SHUT Down .
are you being shut down?

IF you dare speak a word against their religoin of tolerance , aka YOU KNOW what i mean
You get brought into courts , even arrested .
Who has been arrested for tolerance?
The motto is IF IT OFFENDS ANYONE you have no right to say it .
RATHER ODD though . MUCH of what the perverted teaches can offend us all day long , BUT ITS FINE AND ITS GOOD
in their eyes . SEE Its not about tolerance . ITS ABOUT ERADICATION . THEIR DESIRE IS TO ERADICATE
TRUTH , BIBLICAL TRUTH FROM SOCIETY . THEY have a RELIGOIN already and its GOVT SUPPORTED
and GOVT ENFORCED . THEY are hyprocrites .
yes conservatives usually are hypocrites