First bishop at Rome, male or female

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Mr Goebbels understood a bit about people even if he did not understand about God. What he said could easily be applied to nearly any existing church group including yours or mine if we were to look only at the words of those speaking in support of them without seeing anything of their hearts.
The reason I quoted Geobbles was to dig at 101's vain repetition. I didn't give the full quote because I thought the rest was irrelevant. Here it is:

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The reason I quoted Geobbles was to dig at 101's vain repetition. I didn't give the full quote because I thought the rest was irrelevant. Here it is:

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”
Your excerpt was good, because without the rest of it many people including some who called themselves Christians would easily have jumped on the bandwagon with him and Mr. Hitler.

Actually, when he was not trimming his own statements many people did follow the Nazi lead because they did not care enough to realize it was not only the Jews who were in trouble with the Nazis. Most of those who survived WWII probably came to understand this. I notice you are from Canada, but you surely see the trouble in North America [especially of course, the USA] today resembles the trouble that Germany faced as Hitler was gaining power.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Judges 17:10; 18:19 – fatherhood and priesthood are synonymous terms. Micah says, “Stay with me, and be to me a father and a priest.” Fathers/priests give life, and mothers receive and nurture life. This reflects God our Father who gives the life of grace through the Priesthood of His Divine Son, and Mother Church who receives the life of grace and nourishes her children. In summary, women cannot be priests because women cannot be fathers.
"In summary, women cannot be priests because women cannot be fathers". this is what the bible, the word of God, calls walking in the flesh. scripture, Galatians 3:28 "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise". weel that should have killed that line of fleshly thinking. for we have ONLY one Father.

#2. Micah says, “Stay with me, and be to me a father and a priest.” 2 Corinthians 6:18 "And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty". again we have only one Father, see Malachi 2:10. again the fleshly father is out.

1 Peter 2:9 "But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light". what are the sacrifice that a priest gives NOW? Hebrews 13:15 "By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name".

is this Royal priesthood made up of males only?. Revelation 1:4 "John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne; And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen". John wrote to the 7 churches. he said "us", God Loved, (so I guess God love only males in the 7 churches). us, God washed (I guess God only washed with his blood only males in the 7 churches). us, God made kings and priests (again I guess only males in the 7 churches are kings and priests). if that's true, then God #1. is a sexiest, (God forbid, for there is neither male nor female in Christ Jesus). #2. God is a respecter of Person, again no, we all know that one. #3. God saves only males, (he washed only males in his blood). let's see, let's check the record. Acts 5:12-14 "And by the hands of the apostles were many signs and wonders wrought among the people; (and they were all with one accord in Solomon's porch. And of the rest durst no man join himself to them: but the people magnified them. And believers were the more added to the Lord, multitudes both of men and women.) " Hmmm, people here included was Men (males) and women (females) who was add to the Lord? holy grits and sausage......... with a biscuit. WOMEN was ADDED to the Lord. hold the press, they, the women was washed.... in his blood too?. do one see how inarticulate this thinking is, only males, in God's Kingdom.

When God clearly said, that, "no male or females" in Christ Jesus, he means that. this alone should have ended that line of male only thinking. also the "no respecter of person", and "men and women" saved. there is no difference in sainthood, there is no such thing I'm more saved than U, get it U....:D, if not move on. and no difference in priesthood, my sacrifice is better than yours, meaning only mine, the males. and no difference in boyz in the hood.... :p. ok, there is the exception.... (smile).

conclusion: fatherhood and priesthood are synonymous terms yes, IN THE FLESH. but not in the Spirit nor the Spirit Church of the Lord Jesus, as to male only.

Peace in Christ Yeshua.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You are repeating yourself. None of your verses show that women were ordained.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are repeating yourself. None of your verses show that women were ordained.
you're repeating yourself. don't be a ninny. this is the last time for you, 1 Corinthians 12:28 "And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues". set here is the Greek word,
G5087 τίθημι tithemi (tiy'-thee-miy) v.
θέω theo (the'-ō) [an alternate in certain tenses]
the KJV can translated this word as "ordain"
in 1 Corinthians 12:28 prophets are ordained, and women are prophets. case closed.

now, if you cannot ascertain that revealed truth, then go to the Lord in prayer and ask him in faith to revealed it to you.

see U // no more....... :cool:

peace in Christ Yeshua.