First Virus to cause unnatural separation and muzzling of people

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Justadude

Feb 25, 2020
Colorado
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
But from what I heard that isn't the standard practice.
Eg. If a person has a pulmonary disease, gets the flu and dies then they put the pulmonary disease first as the primary cause of death.
The flu gets listed as a contributing factor. That's what iv heard doctors say anyway. If u think about it, it makes sense i think
That's the opposite of what my family member who works in health care explained to me. She explained the "but for" test and it made more sense (the person would still be alive "but for" the infection, thus the infection is the cause of death).

Justadude

Feb 25, 2020
Colorado
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
Ok. You are obfuscating. Are some deaths acceptable? Are deaths from the flu acceptable enough that we shouldn't have to wear masks? Are non-mask wearers responsible if someone dies after spreading a virus to them?
I don't know if I would use the word "acceptable". We do still take precautions to try and minimize deaths from influenza (prioritizing vaccines for the vulnerable, staying home when sick, researching new treatments).

I understand your argument about hospital beds & respirators. You know, hospitals have not been overwhelmed by covid cases and there are more than enough respirators to go around.
Which shows the measures are working as intended. That's a good thing.

You have set up straw men to combat an argument that I have not raised.
You were questioning the state-wide stay at home orders and why we don't do the same for influenza. I explained it's because the annual flu season doesn't carry the risk of overrunning hospitals, whereas COVID does (see Italy).