Florida : says "NO" to Transgender Drugs & Surgery for TEENS.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

Florida Medical Boards Approve Ban on Gender-Affirming Care for Trans Youth​

Florida's Board of Medicine and Board of Osteopathic Medicine on Friday approved a ban on gender-affirming care for transgender youth, a move urged by Gov. Ron DeSantis.

The decision, which would prohibit puberty blockers, hormones, cross-hormone therapy and gender-affirming surgery for people under the age of 18, will now go through a weeks long approval process, which includes further public comment.
It will not apply to transgender youth already receiving treatment.
DeSantis, who is running for a second consecutive term, has been a vocal critic of gender-affirming health care for minors.
Nicole Parker, the director of transgender equality at Equality Florida, an LGBTQ political advocacy organization, in a statement said the board members who approved the rule have put "toxic politics over people's health and wellbeing."
"With young lives on the line, another state agency has placed the political ambitions of Ron DeSantis over its duty to protect Floridians," Parker said.
Florida's Agency for Health Care Administration in August created a rule that banned gender-affirming treatments such as hormone therapy and surgery.

A federal judge in October upheld the Medicaid ban, denying a preliminary injunction request from a coalition of transgender rights groups.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
He'll be running for President. = DeSantis = Gov of FLorida.

Trump "endorsed" him for Governor = He won

Perhaps it'll be a :

Trump//DeSantis : for Pres and VP.

it will just depend on if DeSantis can control his ego for the next 6 yrs..

If he can't then Trump will pick a woman for VP, and it wont be Sarah Palen.

Probably Nikki Haley, or ......could even be....Tulsi Gabbard

Watch and see....

Last edited:

VCO

Mar 4, 2023
Lincoln, NE
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's hope and Pray not, because Here is what GOD calls Transgender:

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 (NASB)
9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, {effeminate tendencies can be cured, it is called being truly BORN AGAIN.}
10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's hope and Pray not, because Here is what GOD calls Transgender:

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 (NASB)
9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, {effeminate tendencies can be cured, it is called being truly BORN AGAIN.}
10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.
The NRSVue Bible, an excellent recent translation, has footnotes for both "effeminate" and "homosexuals" that say "meaning of Greek uncertain". The same is true for the NET Bible. So God calling these people "transgender" is a figment of your imagination. And worse, claiming that God claims this is heresy.

• Angry
Reactions: Gandalf-

VCO

Mar 4, 2023
Lincoln, NE
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You had better look up the definition of what does effeminate mean:

effeminate​

[ adjective ih-fem-uh-nit; verb ih-fem-uh-neyt ]SHOW IPA

See synonyms for: effeminate / effeminates / effeminateness on Thesaurus.com
High School Level

adjective
(of a man or boy) having traits, tastes, habits, etc., traditionally considered feminine, as softness or delicacy.
characterized by excessive softness, delicacy, self-indulgence, etc.:effeminate luxury.
verb (used with or without object), ef·fem·i·nat·ed, ef·fem·i·nat·ing.
to make or become effeminate.

ef•fem•i•nate​

(ɪˈfɛm ə nɪt)

adj.
1. (of a man or boy) having traits, tastes, habits, etc., traditionally considered feminine, as softness or delicacy.
2. characterized by softness, delicacy, weakness, or lack of vigor.
[1350–1400; Middle English < Latin effēminātus, orig. past participle of effēmināre to emasculate =ef- ef- + -fēmināre, derivative of fēmina woman]
ef•fem′i•nate•ly, adv.
ef•fem′i•nate•ness, n.
syn: See female.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You had better look up the definition of what does effeminate mean:

effeminate​

[ adjective ih-fem-uh-nit; verb ih-fem-uh-neyt ]SHOW IPA

See synonyms for: effeminate / effeminates / effeminateness on Thesaurus.com
High School Level

adjective
(of a man or boy) having traits, tastes, habits, etc., traditionally considered feminine, as softness or delicacy.
characterized by excessive softness, delicacy, self-indulgence, etc.:effeminate luxury.
verb (used with or without object), ef·fem·i·nat·ed, ef·fem·i·nat·ing.
to make or become effeminate.

ef•fem•i•nate​

(ɪˈfɛm ə nɪt)

adj.
1. (of a man or boy) having traits, tastes, habits, etc., traditionally considered feminine, as softness or delicacy.
2. characterized by softness, delicacy, weakness, or lack of vigor.
[1350–1400; Middle English < Latin effēminātus, orig. past participle of effēmināre to emasculate =ef- ef- + -fēmināre, derivative of fēmina woman]
ef•fem′i•nate•ly, adv.
ef•fem′i•nate•ness, n.
syn: See female.
I already own a dictionary. More than that, I own and read several Bibles. And more than that, unlike yourself, I don't put my own personal "spin" on what God's word says.

VCO

Mar 4, 2023
Lincoln, NE
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I already own a dictionary. More than that, I own and read several Bibles. And more than that, unlike yourself, I don't put my own personal "spin" on what God's word says.

It is not a matter of Personal Reason. The night, after attempting my third attempt at suicide in less than a week, I was walking into my bedroom, perplexed about why I was not dead, and HE or the Holy Spirit put a thought in my head, that HE HAD SAVED ME FROM MYSELF. My knees buckled, and I found myself on the floor on my KNEES, with wave, after wave, after wave. of deep conviction over my whole Lifestyle. As I Wept and Cried more than a baby, Crying out to the Lord, "PLEASE FORGIVE ME, PLEASE FORGIVE ME." I cried like that for over two hours, and finally went prone face down. It was REMORSE, deeper that I have ever felt, over my WHOLE LIFESTYLE. It was a TOTAL SURRENDER TO HIM, and I knew I WOULD NEVER TAKE IT BACK, no matter what. THAT IS PURE BORN AGAIN, no longer it was I who was in control of my life, IT WAS JESUS CHRIST HAD COMPLETE CONTROL OF MY LIFE.

If you think you can have a little bit of your life for yourself, YOU are not there YET, HE WANTS ALL OF YOU.
Yes that night was Dec. 30, 1977, just before my 29th birthday. AND JESUS IS STILL IN CONTROL, and I am happier than I ever been.
Just so you know, the only "SPIN" in me, is JESUS CHRIST Correcting the Errors I had made in the Scriptures.

Last edited:

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is not a matter of Personal Reason. The night, after attempting my third attempt at suicide in less than a week, I was walking into my bedroom, perplexed about why I was not dead, and HE or the Holy Spirit put a thought in my head, that HE HAD SAVED MY FROM MYSELF. My knees buckled, and I found myself on the floor on my KNEES, with wave, after wave, after wave. As I Wept and Cried more than a baby, Crying out to the Lord, "PLEASE FORGIVE ME, PLEASE FORGIVE ME." I cried like that for over two hours, and finally went prone face down. It was REMORSE, deeper that I have ever felt, over my WHOLE LIFESTYLE. It was a TOTAL SURRENDER TO HIM, and I knew I WOULD NEVER TAKE IT BACK, no matter what. THAT IS PURE BORN AGAIN, no longer I was in control of my life, IT WAS JESUS CHRIST HAD COMPLETE CONTROL OF MY LIFE.

If you think you can have a little bit of your life for yourself, YOU are not there YET, HE WANTS ALL OF YOU.
Yes that night was Dec. 30, 1977, just before my 29th birthday. AND JESUS IS STILL IN CONTROL, and I am happier than I ever been.
Just so you know, the only "SPIN" in me, is JESUS CHRIST Correcting the Errors I had made in the Scriptures.
This is a very interesting story, and not too different than my own. I was healed in the hospital on March 12, 1977. I have written my testimony elsewhere if you want to read it. I too totally surrendered to God and I knew that I could never take it back. IT WAS JESUS CHRIST HAD COMPLETE CONTROL OF MY LIFE ALSO.

Finally, you wrote about the word "effeminate", which doesn't appear in the Greek. Again, the NRSVue Bible, an excellent recent translation, has footnotes for both "effeminate" and "homosexuals" that say "meaning of Greek uncertain". The same is true for the NET Bible. So God calling these people "transgender" is a figment of your imagination. And worse, claiming that God claims this is heresy.

There is a big "bandwagon" attacking LGBTQs and you seem to be riding it! Try reading what John has to say... "For this is the way God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world should be saved through him. The one who believes in him is not condemned. The one who does not believe has been condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the one and only Son of God."

You have a choice: you can either go along with the current herd thinking and judge (and thereby) condemn LGBTQs -- which is unScriptural -- or you can accept what God clearly says (above): everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world!!! Why are you acting contrary to God?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Florida's Board of Medicine and Board of Osteopathic Medicine on Friday approved a ban on gender-affirming care for transgender youth, a move urged by Gov. Ron DeSantis.

The decision, which would prohibit puberty blockers, hormones, cross-hormone therapy and gender-affirming surgery for people under the age of 18, will now go through a weeks long approval process, which includes further public comment.
DeSantis, who is running for a second consecutive term, has been a vocal critic of gender-affirming health care for minors.
Nicole Parker, the director of transgender equality at Equality Florida, an LGBTQ political advocacy organization, in a statement said the board members who approved the rule have put "toxic politics over people's health and wellbeing."
"With young lives on the line, another state agency has placed the political ambitions of Ron DeSantis over its duty to protect Floridians," Parker said.
Florida's Agency for Health Care Administration in August created a rule that banned gender-affirming treatments such as hormone therapy and surgery.

A federal judge in October upheld the Medicaid ban, denying a preliminary injunction request from a coalition of transgender rights groups.
Looks like DeSantis is trying to stop god from having to judge Florida like He is judging the rest of the nation. I applaud him.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Looks like DeSantis is trying to stop god from having to judge Florida like He is judging the rest of the nation. I applaud him.
DeSantis is not God! He is simply a politician who will say whatever he has to in order to get elected. Do you really think that his histrionics and hateful speech can influence God?

VCO

Mar 4, 2023
Lincoln, NE
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a very interesting story, and not too different than my own. I was healed in the hospital on March 12, 1977. I have written my testimony elsewhere if you want to read it. I too totally surrendered to God and I knew that I could never take it back. IT WAS JESUS CHRIST HAD COMPLETE CONTROL OF MY LIFE ALSO.

Finally, you wrote about the word "effeminate", which doesn't appear in the Greek. Again, the NRSVue Bible, an excellent recent translation, has footnotes for both "effeminate" and "homosexuals" that say "meaning of Greek uncertain". The same is true for the NET Bible. So God calling these people "transgender" is a figment of your imagination. And worse, claiming that God claims this is heresy.

There is a big "bandwagon" attacking LGBTQs and you seem to be riding it! Try reading what John has to say... "For this is the way God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world should be saved through him. The one who believes in him is not condemned. The one who does not believe has been condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the one and only Son of God."

You have a choice: you can either go along with the current herd thinking and judge (and thereby) condemn LGBTQs -- which is unScriptural -- or you can accept what God clearly says (above): everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world!!! Why are you acting contrary to God?

QUOTE:
Effeminate
and homosexuals both refer to those who exchange and corrupt normal male-female sexual roles and relations. Transvestism, sex change, homosexuality, and other gender perversions are included. God's unique creation, those created in His own image, were created "male and female" (Gen. 1:27), and the Lord strictly forbids the two roles to be blurred, much less exchanged. "A woman shall not wear man's clothing, nor shall a man put on a woman's clothing; for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord your God" (Deut. 22:5). The Hebrew terms in that verse indicate more than clothing, and include any tool, implement, or apparatus.

Homosexuality is condemned throughout Scripture. It was so characteristic of Sodom that the term sodomy is a synonym for that sin. The Sodomite men were inflamed with perverted sexual desire, and on one occasion they surrounded Lot's house and demanded that the two angels (who had come in the form of men) be sent outside so that they could "have relations with them" (Gen. 19:4-5). God completely destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah because "their sin [was] exceedingly grave" (18:20). Since that time sodomy has stood for sexual perversion and the phrase Sodom and Gomorrah has stood for moral corruption. For believers the terms also have come to stand for God's hatred and judgment of moral corruption.

By Paul's day homosexuality had been rampant in Greece and Rome for centuries. In his commentary on this passage, William Barclay reports that Socrates was a homosexual and Plato probably was. Plato's Symposium on Love is a treatise glorifying homosexuality. It is likely that fourteen of the first fifteen Roman emperors were homosexuals. Nero, who reigned close to the time Paul wrote 1 Corinthians, had a boy named Sporis castrated in order for the boy to become the emperor's "wife" in addition to his natural wife. After Nero died, the boy was passed on to one of Nero's successors, Otho, to use in the same way.

Confusion of sex roles, like adultery, is particularly evil because it attacks the family. It corrupts the biblical plan for the family, including the standards for authority and submission within the family, and thus retards the passing of righteousness from one generation to the next. The most ungodly societies of history have been plagued by sex role perversions, no doubt because Satan is so intent on destroying the family. Churches who, in the name of love, defend homosexuality and condone homosexual ministers, "marriages," and congregations not only pervert God's standards of morality but encourage their members in sin. Encouragement in sin has no part in love. True love of others is not doing for them what they want but doing for them what God wants. "By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and observe His commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments" (1 John 5:2-3). Condoning sin is never an act of love, either for God or for those whose sins we condone.

MacArthur New Testament Commentary, The - MacArthur New Testament Commentary – 1 Corinthians.
END QUOTE:

Dr. John MacArthur was my chief Disciple, via his radio ministry, Grace to You.

I grew up on a farm, I heard a sermon from him, where his main point was: "You never get into the Pig Pen, to feed the pigs. You pour the food in from the outside."

I am 74 years old, High School Class of 1967.

How Old are you ? ? ?

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
QUOTE:
Effeminate
and homosexuals both refer to those who exchange and corrupt normal male-female sexual roles and relations. Transvestism, sex change, homosexuality, and other gender perversions are included. God's unique creation, those created in His own image, were created "male and female" (Gen. 1:27), and the Lord strictly forbids the two roles to be blurred, much less exchanged. "A woman shall not wear man's clothing, nor shall a man put on a woman's clothing; for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord your God" (Deut. 22:5). The Hebrew terms in that verse indicate more than clothing, and include any tool, implement, or apparatus.

Homosexuality is condemned throughout Scripture. It was so characteristic of Sodom that the term sodomy is a synonym for that sin. The Sodomite men were inflamed with perverted sexual desire, and on one occasion they surrounded Lot's house and demanded that the two angels (who had come in the form of men) be sent outside so that they could "have relations with them" (Gen. 19:4-5). God completely destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah because "their sin [was] exceedingly grave" (18:20). Since that time sodomy has stood for sexual perversion and the phrase Sodom and Gomorrah has stood for moral corruption. For believers the terms also have come to stand for God's hatred and judgment of moral corruption.

By Paul's day homosexuality had been rampant in Greece and Rome for centuries. In his commentary on this passage, William Barclay reports that Socrates was a homosexual and Plato probably was. Plato's Symposium on Love is a treatise glorifying homosexuality. It is likely that fourteen of the first fifteen Roman emperors were homosexuals. Nero, who reigned close to the time Paul wrote 1 Corinthians, had a boy named Sporis castrated in order for the boy to become the emperor's "wife" in addition to his natural wife. After Nero died, the boy was passed on to one of Nero's successors, Otho, to use in the same way.

Confusion of sex roles, like adultery, is particularly evil because it attacks the family. It corrupts the biblical plan for the family, including the standards for authority and submission within the family, and thus retards the passing of righteousness from one generation to the next. The most ungodly societies of history have been plagued by sex role perversions, no doubt because Satan is so intent on destroying the family. Churches who, in the name of love, defend homosexuality and condone homosexual ministers, "marriages," and congregations not only pervert God's standards of morality but encourage their members in sin. Encouragement in sin has no part in love. True love of others is not doing for them what they want but doing for them what God wants. "By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and observe His commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments" (1 John 5:2-3). Condoning sin is never an act of love, either for God or for those whose sins we condone.

MacArthur New Testament Commentary, The - MacArthur New Testament Commentary – 1 Corinthians.
END QUOTE:

Dr. John MacArthur was my chief Disciple, via his radio ministry, Grace to You.

I grew up on a farm, I heard a sermon from him, where his main point was: "You never get into the Pig Pen, to feed the pigs. You pour the food in from the outside."

I am 74 years old, High School Class of 1967.

How Old are you ? ? ?
I will reply to only two parts of your post. I am 79, class of 1961.

Regarding pigs: the comment regarding pigs is silly. I used to raise pigs. They are very intelligent, friendly animals that deserve as much love and care as other domesticated animals. There is absolutely nothing wrong with getting into their pen, literally or figuratively.

The rest of your post doesn't deserve a response, except to repeat what I said earlier...

• Angry

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Lucky to have this man of God and family man and Vet in my State.

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Thank GOD!

Adults who publicly regret going down the Trans road are a warning to never let developing minds and bodies be mutilated and drugged contrary to their natural God given hormones.

The Trans community want to destroy children early on so to increase their Satanic population.

Adults that drug themselves to become other than what they are suffer. They also have to take drugs to suppress the natural processes in their endocrine system, hormones, and so forth.

Playing creator through surgical mutilation and chemical toxification does NOT turn a male into a female. Nor a female I to a male.
It's the Frankenstein myth brought into reality.

Males do not, will not, cannot ever give birth. They do not menstruate!
Females do!

By saying that I'm thought to be someone afraid of Trans people.
Trans-gender. Transferring gender. Playing God through surgery and pharmaceuticals.

We're suppose to accept that as normal. And tolerate the antithesis of what is reality....... Or, there is something wrong with us?

Trans is the antithesis of natural biology.

Tolerate and give concession to mental illness. Concede to address the mentally ill by the gender pronouns their mental defect clings to as normal, while they mutilate their physical features and body chemistry to put on a costume of falsity they insist must be addressed by its preferred gender features.
He is to be referred to as she. And vice versa.

We wouldn't agree mentally ill people are perfectly OK in their mental disease. Gender dysphoria is no exception.

When the agenda pushers in the Trans community seek to mutilate our children they must be stopped.
Good for Florida for realizing that and taking a stand.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And Jim @Jim B let me be more precise...What I gave was still a little misleading
---------------------------------------------------
During his second year at Harvard, DeSantis joined the Navy and was given an officer’s commission. Given his educational background, he joined the Judge Advocate General’s Corps (JAG), the legal department of the Navy.

The same year he graduated from Harvard, DeSantis also finished Naval Justice School. After that, he became a prosecutor assigned to Naval Station Mayport, Florida.

DeSantis was never a fully qualified Navy SEAL who passed BUD/S training. But, in 2007, he became a legal advisor to SEAL Team One. This led to an active duty deployment to Iraq that same year.

DeSantis was senior legal advisor to SEAL commander Dane Thorleifson. That team was heavily involved in the bloody insurgency in Fallujah.

His role was to make sure all Navy SEAL and Green Beret missions followed the rules of engagement. He was also responsible for ensuring any captured insurgents were treated humanely....

Source: Was Ron DeSantis a Navy SEAL? | TheGunZone

\\He was a legal rep/counsel for the Navy Seals on many occasions....

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And Jim @Jim B let me be more precise...What I gave was still a little misleading
---------------------------------------------------
During his second year at Harvard, DeSantis joined the Navy and was given an officer’s commission. Given his educational background, he joined the Judge Advocate General’s Corps (JAG), the legal department of the Navy.

The same year he graduated from Harvard, DeSantis also finished Naval Justice School. After that, he became a prosecutor assigned to Naval Station Mayport, Florida.

DeSantis was never a fully qualified Navy SEAL who passed BUD/S training. But, in 2007, he became a legal advisor to SEAL Team One. This led to an active duty deployment to Iraq that same year.

DeSantis was senior legal advisor to SEAL commander Dane Thorleifson. That team was heavily involved in the bloody insurgency in Fallujah.

His role was to make sure all Navy SEAL and Green Beret missions followed the rules of engagement. He was also responsible for ensuring any captured insurgents were treated humanely....

Source: Was Ron DeSantis a Navy SEAL? | TheGunZone

\\He was a legal rep/counsel for the Navy Seals on many occasions....
So what? The OP is about transgender drug surgery for teens, not DeSantis' military record.

• Angry

VCO

Mar 4, 2023
Lincoln, NE
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will reply to only two parts of your post. I am 79, class of 1961.

Regarding pigs: the comment regarding pigs is silly. I used to raise pigs. They are very intelligent, friendly animals that deserve as much love and care as other domesticated animals. There is absolutely nothing wrong with getting into their pen, literally or figuratively.

The rest of your post doesn't deserve a response, except to repeat what I said earlier...

No, I believe that JESUS came to Save Sinners. I do not believe you have to have to get into the Pig Pen to save them, nor do I think you have to go to Bars, to Save the Alcoholic, nor to I believe you have to go to a Pot Party to save the Pot Head. You do not understand where I am at, do you? This may help. I was for 15 years in my life a Volunteer Protestant Chaplain in two of the Toughest Prisons in the USA. Yes, I was in the HOLE as the inmates called it. I poured my Heart Out to those Inmates. My Position was part staff, and I acted like it. When we get to Heaven and we are all called to the Throne of Grace, after out KING is finished, come over to me. I want to introduce to the guy standing on the right side of me. He used to be a murderer of two individuals, that JESUS SAVED, and I know it for SURE. You do not have to get in the Pig Pen to save the Sinner.