Florida : says "NO" to Transgender Drugs & Surgery for TEENS.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I believe that JESUS came to Save Sinners. I do not believe you have to have to get into the Pig Pen to save them, nor do I think you have to go to Bars, to Save the Alcoholic, nor to I believe you have to go to a Pot Party to save the Pot Head. You do not understand where I am at, do you? This may help. I was for 15 years in my life a Volunteer Protestant Chaplain in two of the Toughest Prisons in the USA. Yes, I was in the HOLE as the inmates called it. I poured my Heart Out to those Inmates. My Position was part staff, and I acted like it. When we get to Heaven and we are all called to the Throne of Grace, after out KING is finished, come over to me. I want to introduce to the guy standing on the right side of me. He used to be a murderer of two individuals, that JESUS SAVED, and I know it for SURE. You do not have to get in the Pig Pen to save the Sinner.
I have no idea what you're going on about. You say you were "in the HOLE" and then say that you do not have to get in the Pig Pen (capitalized) to save the sinner. What are you trying to say?

VCO

Mar 4, 2023
Lincoln, NE
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will reply to only two parts of your post. I am 79, class of 1961.

Regarding pigs: the comment regarding pigs is silly. I used to raise pigs. They are very intelligent, friendly animals that deserve as much love and care as other domesticated animals. There is absolutely nothing wrong with getting into their pen, literally or figuratively.

The rest of your post doesn't deserve a response, except to repeat what I said earlier...

There is a big "bandwagon" attacking LGBTQs and you seem to be riding it! Try reading what John has to say... "For this is the way God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world should be saved through him. The one who believes in him is not condemned. The one who does not believe has been condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the one and only Son of God."

You have a choice: you can either go along with the current herd thinking and judge (and thereby) condemn LGBTQs -- which is unScriptural -- or you can accept what God clearly says (above): everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world!!! Why are you acting contrary to God?

We used to put our feeding troths and water troths right next to fence, so we could pour it in from the outside.

Don't worry, I am not on the big "bandwagon" attacking LGBTQs. But, I will call it what it is, SIN, and there is no Sin worse than mine.

Actually GOD says all SIN is equally BAD.

Last edited:

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We used to put our feeding troths and water troths right next to fence, so we could pour it in from the outside.
So what!!!

Again, please respond to this: God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world!!! Why are you acting contrary to God?

VCO

Mar 4, 2023
Lincoln, NE
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what!!!

Again, please respond to this: God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world!!! Why are you acting contrary to God?

John 8:42-47 (ESV)
42 Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and I am here. I came not of my own accord, but he sent me.
43 Why do you not understand what I say? It is because you cannot bear to hear my word.
44 You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies.
45 But because I tell the truth, you do not believe me.
46 Which one of you convicts me of sin? If I tell the truth, why do you not believe me?
47 Whoever is of God hears the words of God. The reason why you do not hear them is that you are not of God.”

Matthew 13:41-50 (NRSV)
41 The Son of Man will send his angels, and they will collect out of his kingdom all causes of sin and all evildoers,
42 and they will throw them into the furnace of fire, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
43 Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Let anyone with ears listen!
44 "The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field, which someone found and hid; then in his joy he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field.
45 "Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant in search of fine pearls;
46 on finding one pearl of great value, he went and sold all that he had and bought it.
47 "Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a net that was thrown into the sea and caught fish of every kind;
48 when it was full, they drew it ashore, sat down, and put the good into baskets but threw out the bad.
49 So it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come out and separate the evil from the righteous
50 and throw them into the furnace of fire, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

It is better if you read the whole Bible.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what!!!

Class of 61 are you a reborn or now converted believer in Christ's spirit?

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It is not a matter of Personal Reason. The night, after attempting my third attempt at suicide in less than a week, I was walking into my bedroom, perplexed about why I was not dead, and HE or the Holy Spirit put a thought in my head, that HE HAD SAVED MY FROM MYSELF. My knees buckled, and I found myself on the floor on my KNEES, with wave, after wave, after wave. As I Wept and Cried more than a baby, Crying out to the Lord, "PLEASE FORGIVE ME, PLEASE FORGIVE ME." I cried like that for over two hours, and finally went prone face down. It was REMORSE, deeper that I have ever felt, over my WHOLE LIFESTYLE. It was a TOTAL SURRENDER TO HIM, and I knew I WOULD NEVER TAKE IT BACK, no matter what. THAT IS PURE BORN AGAIN, no longer I was in control of my life, IT WAS JESUS CHRIST HAD COMPLETE CONTROL OF MY LIFE.

If you think you can have a little bit of your life for yourself, YOU are not there YET, HE WANTS ALL OF YOU.
Yes that night was Dec. 30, 1977, just before my 29th birthday. AND JESUS IS STILL IN CONTROL, and I am happier than I ever been.
Just so you know, the only "SPIN" in me, is JESUS CHRIST Correcting the Errors I had made in the Scriptures.
Good on you ! great to hear this from you. that's the way ! yep that is truly Born again !

VCO

Mar 4, 2023
Lincoln, NE
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what!!!

Matthew 7:13-14 (HCSB) 13 “Enter through the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the road is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who go through it.
14 How narrow is the gate and difficult the road that leads to life, and few find it.

Matthew 7:20-23 (HCSB)
20 So you’ll recognize them by their fruit.
Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord!’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but ⌊only⌋ the one who does the will of My Father in heaven.
22 On that day many will say to Me, ‘Lord, Lord, didn’t we prophesy in Your name, drive out demons in Your name, and do many miracles in Your name?’
23 Then I will announce to them,
I never knew you! Depart from Me, you lawbreakers!’

That is that inner, personal LOVE relationship that only happens to those who have been Born Again.

Matthew 25:1-13 (NCV)
1 At that time the kingdom of heaven will be like ten bridesmaids who took their lamps and went to wait for the bridegroom.
2 Five of them were foolish and five were wise.
3 The five foolish bridesmaids took their lamps, but they did not take more oil for the lamps to burn.
4 The wise bridesmaids took their lamps and more oil in jars.
5 Because the bridegroom was late, they became sleepy and went to sleep.
6 “At midnight someone cried out, ’The bridegroom is coming! Come and meet him!’
7 Then all the bridesmaids woke up and got their lamps ready.
8 But the foolish ones said to the wise, ’Give us some of your oil, because our lamps are going out.’
9 The wise bridesmaids answered, ’No, the oil we have might not be enough for all of us. Go to the people who sell oil and buy some for yourselves.’
10 “So while the five foolish bridesmaids went to buy oil, the bridegroom came. The bridesmaids who were ready went in with the bridegroom to the wedding feast. Then the door was closed and locked.
11 “Later the others came back and said, ’Sir, sir, open the door to let us in.’
12 But the bridegroom answered, ’I tell you the truth, I don’t want to know you.’
So always be ready, because you don’t know the day or the hour the Son of Man will come.

That is a reference to the Rapture.

1680232041303.png

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

VCO

Mar 4, 2023
Lincoln, NE
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have no idea what you're going on about. You say you were "in the HOLE" and then say that you do not have to get in the Pig Pen (capitalized) to save the sinner. What are you trying to say?

Security Housing Unit, is what inmates call the Hole. Pig Pen, is what many from the midwest USA, Call a Christian going into the Bar to save his friends, you will stumble and fall back into being a DRUNK all over again.

Reactions: Jack

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 8:42-47 (ESV)
42 Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and I am here. I came not of my own accord, but he sent me.
43 Why do you not understand what I say? It is because you cannot bear to hear my word.
44 You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies.
45 But because I tell the truth, you do not believe me.
46 Which one of you convicts me of sin? If I tell the truth, why do you not believe me?
47 Whoever is of God hears the words of God. The reason why you do not hear them is that you are not of God.”

Matthew 13:41-50 (NRSV)
41 The Son of Man will send his angels, and they will collect out of his kingdom all causes of sin and all evildoers,
42 and they will throw them into the furnace of fire, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
43 Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Let anyone with ears listen!
44 "The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field, which someone found and hid; then in his joy he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field.
45 "Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant in search of fine pearls;
46 on finding one pearl of great value, he went and sold all that he had and bought it.
47 "Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a net that was thrown into the sea and caught fish of every kind;
48 when it was full, they drew it ashore, sat down, and put the good into baskets but threw out the bad.
49 So it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come out and separate the evil from the righteous
50 and throw them into the furnace of fire, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

It is better if you read the whole Bible.
Not only have I read the whole Bible but, unlike yourself, I understand what it says.

Your first selection is directed at the Pharisees. The second says that the righteous will shine like the sun.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
DeSantis is not God! He is simply a politician who will say whatever he has to in order to get elected. Do you really think that his histrionics and hateful speech can influence God?
The people of Nineveh influenced God. God knows if these are true values of his or merely talking points to get elected. so far I think they are sincere. Time will tell if that is true.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
So what!!!

Yes, Jesus' purpose on earth was to redeem. But do not forget the fig tree that he cursed for not bearing fruit, this is a demonstration that he has authority to judge whatever he wills. Just because his first coming was for mercy, don't expect more of the same at his next coming.

VCO

Mar 4, 2023
Lincoln, NE
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Verse please?

I am as bad and so are you as bad as the worst Mass-Murderer on Death Row, IN GOD's OPINION. Only I have been forgiven, while he hasn't. Only man thinks in terms of degrees of sin, NOT GOD, they are all EVIL:

1 John 2:9-11 (HCSB)
9 The one who says he is in the light but hates his brother is in the darkness until now.
10 The one who loves his brother remains in the light, and there is no cause for stumbling in him.
11 But the one who hates his brother is in the darkness, walks in the darkness, and doesn’t know where he’s going, because the darkness has blinded his eyes.

Matthew 5:27-28 (HCSB)
27 “You have heard that it was said, Do not commit adultery.
28 But I tell you, everyone who looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

2 Corinthians 12:21 (NCV)
21 I am afraid that when I come to you again, my God will make me ashamed before you. I may be saddened by many of those who have sinned because they have not changed their hearts or turned from their sexual sins and the shameful things they have done.

I don't know, but probably you are the type who thinks they quit sinning, which is proof you need to study more of what GOD thinks is Sin. But thinking you never sin, is a lie, because we are all sinners, and we sin by thought, word, and deed. YES, as we mature Spiritually, we will let the Holy Spirit mature us spiritually, therefore we sin less, and less, and less; but we never get rid of this sin nature in us, UNTIL WE GET THAT GLORIFIED BODY IN THE RESURRECTION.

Here is Paul, struggling with the SIN that is in us, due to Adam's Sin.

1 Timothy 1:15-16 (HCSB)
15 This saying is trustworthy and deserving of full acceptance: “Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners”—and I am the worst of them. {That attitude we should all have.}
16 But I received mercy for this reason, so that in me, the worst ⌊of them⌋, Christ Jesus might demonstrate His extraordinary patience as an example to those who would believe in Him for eternal life.

Romans 7:13-25 (NASB)

13 Therefore did that which is good become a cause of death for me? May it never be! Rather it was sin, in order that it might be shown to be sin by effecting my death through that which is good, so that through the commandment sin would become utterly sinful.
14 For we know that the Law is spiritual, but I am of flesh, sold into bondage to sin.
15 For what I am doing, I do not understand; for I am not practicing what I would like to do, but I am doing the very thing I hate.
16 But if I do the very thing I do not want to do, I agree with the Law, confessing that the Law is good.
17 So now, no longer am I the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me.
18 For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh; for the willing is present in me, but the doing of the good is not.
19 For the good that I want, I do not do, but I practice the very evil that I do not want.
20 But if I am doing the very thing I do not want, I am no longer the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me.
21 I find then the principle that evil is present in me, the one who wants to do good.
22 For I joyfully concur with the law of God in the inner man,
23 but I see a different law in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin which is in my members.
24 Wretched man that I am! Who will set me free from the body of this death?
25 Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, on the one hand I myself with my mind am serving the law of God, but on the other, with my flesh the law of sin.

Gandalf-

Nov 16, 2022
Marlboro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The NRSVue Bible, an excellent recent translation, has footnotes for both "effeminate" and "homosexuals" that say "meaning of Greek uncertain". The same is true for the NET Bible. So God calling these people "transgender" is a figment of your imagination. And worse, claiming that God claims this is heresy.
Thus spoke Satan, again, the Woke DemonKrat

• Love
Reactions: Keturah

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The NRSVue Bible, an excellent recent translation, has footnotes for both "effeminate" and "homosexuals" that say "meaning of Greek uncertain". The same is true for the NET Bible. So God calling these people "transgender" is a figment of your imagination. And worse, claiming that God claims this is heresy.
The Bible version your community endorses is heresy and blasphemous.

Beware those who call evil good and good evil.

Cut from the manufacturers of said blasphemous heretical work: Bold is my addition.
"The NRSVue extends the New Revised Standard Version’s (NRSV) purpose to deliver an accurate, readable, up-to-date, and inclusive version of the Bible. "

Though they didn't fiddle with the OT.

Reactions: Keturah