FOODS ACCEPTABLE TO GOD AND GOOD NUTRITION ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
On this subject, I think Peter's vision in Acts is significant for the New Testament believer.
"kill, and eat" is nonetheless a strange um command or imperative, don't you think? Never Lexed that either, gotta see if the same term is used @ "Thou shalt not kill" someday maybe

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
My recommendation is to store this man's thoughts in the WPB and to then dispose of it appropriately

B

brakelite

On this subject, I think Peter's vision in Acts is significant for the New Testament believer.
Any less significant than Peter's own explanation as to the meaning of the vision as he described it later to the other disciples?

Reactions: charity
B

brakelite

I would like to propose here that God never referred to unclean animals...or unclean meats...as food. If they were unclean...they weren't food.

Reactions: charity

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I just finished a bible study on what foods are acceptable to God in accordance to the Torah and new covenant of the Messiah, what foods are better for the body, and what the culprit of many diseases is. Check out the study here Foods Acceptable to God and Good Nutrition According to the Scriptures | Wisdom of God .
'But Daniel purposed in his heart
that he would not defile himself
with the portion of the king's meat,
nor with the wine which he drank:
therefore he requested of the prince of the eunuchs
that he might not defile himself.'

(Dan 1:8)

Hello @biloqewu,

My computer will not allow me to access your link, I'm afraid. So I cannot read your findings on this subject.

I recently read the opening chapters of Daniel, and saw mention of Daniel's faithfulness in regard to the food that he ate, as a Jew in a strange land.

'Prove thy servants, I beseech thee, ten days;
and let them give us pulse to eat, and water to drink.
Then let our countenances be looked upon before thee,
and the countenance of the children that eat of the portion of the king's meat:
and as thou seest, deal with thy servants.
So he consented to them in this matter, and proved them ten days.
And at the end of ten days their countenances appeared fairer and fatter in flesh
than all the children which did eat the portion of the king's meat.'

(Dan 1:12-15)

Interesting thoughts,
Thank you, Biloqewu.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

Here in the UK, we are being advised to eat far less meat and fish, and to eat much more in the way of pulses, fresh vegetables and fruit: not from the perspective of healthy eating alone, but with the planet in mind, and the issue of global warming which is becoming such an issue worldwide.

Animal husbandry and food production produces much more in the way of gases, which affect our atmosphere.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

biloqewu

Aug 6, 2018
Pompano Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'But Daniel purposed in his heart
that he would not defile himself
with the portion of the king's meat,
nor with the wine which he drank:
therefore he requested of the prince of the eunuchs
that he might not defile himself.'

(Dan 1:8)

Hello @biloqewu,

My computer will not allow me to access your link, I'm afraid. So I cannot read your findings on this subject.

I recently read the opening chapters of Daniel, and saw mention of Daniel's faithfulness in regard to the food that he ate, as a Jew in a strange land.

'Prove thy servants, I beseech thee, ten days;
and let them give us pulse to eat, and water to drink.
Then let our countenances be looked upon before thee,
and the countenance of the children that eat of the portion of the king's meat:
and as thou seest, deal with thy servants.
So he consented to them in this matter, and proved them ten days.
And at the end of ten days their countenances appeared fairer and fatter in flesh
than all the children which did eat the portion of the king's meat.'

(Dan 1:12-15)

Interesting thoughts,
Thank you, Biloqewu.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Can you describe the problem you are having in accessing my website?

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Can you describe the problem you are having in accessing my website?
Thank you, @biloqewu,

My security cover puts up a Message telling me that the link is not secure. I am not sufficiently knowledgeable about the computer to know how to override it.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

biloqewu

Aug 6, 2018
Pompano Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you, @biloqewu,

My security cover puts up a Message telling me that the link is not secure. I am not sufficiently knowledgeable about the computer to know how to override it.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

I know what that means. And fair enough, it is not a problem with my website then. Perhaps you can access the bible study from your phone?

icxn

Oct 6, 2018
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"kill, and eat" is nonetheless a strange um command or imperative, don't you think? Never Lexed that either, gotta see if the same term is used @ "Thou shalt not kill" someday maybe
Kill as in baptize them into Christ's death (Romans 6:3), which Peter did (Acts 10:48) and thus ate his spiritual food, doing God's will (John 4:34).

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Kill as in baptize them into Christ's death (Romans 6:3), which Peter did (Acts 10:48) and thus ate his spiritual food, doing God's will (John 4:34).
Hmm, not real comfy with "kill" in that context, but then I can't imagine the context I would like it in either. I guess the original root might be interesting there, which "kill" iow.

Blueberry

Nov 2, 2018
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus ate fish.

Even after the resurrection.

And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.
And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?
Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.
And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?
And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.
And he took it, and did eat before them.
Luke 24:36-43

biloqewu

Aug 6, 2018
Pompano Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus ate fish.

Even after the resurrection.

And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.
And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?
Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.
And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?
And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.
And he took it, and did eat before them.
Luke 24:36-43

And?