For God has given unto us the Spirit of power, and of Love, and of a Sound Mind.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 2:15 Do Not love the world nor the things in the world, if anyone loves the world, the Love of the Father in not in him.

Compare to many verses …if you hate your brother …you are a murderer. If you hate your brother, You have not seen God at any time. If you hate your brother, You have no life abiding in you. If you hate your brother, You walk in darkness and do not know where you are going because the darkness has blinded you. If you hate your brother, you have not yet passed from death unto Life. The one who hates his brother, the love of God is not in him.

How can both of these be true?
If you love the world …the Love of the Father (the Spirit of Power, of Love, and of a Sound Mind) is not in you.
Yet…if you hate your brother, the Love of God (the Spirit of Power, of Love, and of a Sound Mind) is not in you.

To me it all points to the spirit that the world gives …the spirit of fear again unto bondage. Which fear of lusting, coveting, envying, pride, spiteful, back-biting, hatred towards your brother causes you to murder (even if it is kept hidden within the heart) and be liar towards your brother …to steal, kill, and destroy your brother. Fearful without Power, without Love, without a Sound Mind. It is this spirit the world gives (Imo) which is not to be loved for it is this spirit that is in and of the world that pits brother against brother. As rivals. Be it in “wit” or in “strength” or in “favour” or in the “power” for the highest seat…the better job, the more success, to more territorial control, the more power of the voice as having the most say, a higher platform, even having the better home, the better wife, the better kids, the most prestige, or even the bigger muscles, the further the piss( sorry but it happens), the more and greater than another in greater achievement in the “things of this world”…“I will walk all over you! To get it. Even if I have to take it by force.” And if you (we)can’t take it by what the world has given unto you(us), that spirit which is in and of the world…then next stop …let us take it by Religion! Let’s use God to promote our way upward! Even if those who lose the strength to fight for “it” fall and are crushed under foot. “So what? Life goes on for us who achieve the greatest outward showing” …but yet, in old age it all ends the same. It dries up.

To war and kill; where is it any less obvious to provoke hatred in and to stir up “if you love this spirit that is now in and of the world” …the love of the Father (Christ) is not in you. The Spirit which God gives (not of the world) (not of lust and pride) is of Power, of Love, and of a Sound mind which is not bondage again unto fear …nor does it lead to death…but to “Liberty” “Freedom” from the spirit that is in and of the world.

the Spirit that God gives unto you…which is NOT the spirit as the world gives unto you…But God gives unto you the Spirit of Power, of Love and of a Sound Mind…”it is enough”where then many verses tell if this Spirit of Power, of Love, and of a Sound Mind —let the Mind that was in Christ be also in you—is NOT called a murderer, not boastful in the pride of life, is not a liar, has seen God, has Life abiding in the Spirit which God has given, walks in the light and is not in darkness, does not stumble seeing where to walk as to not stumble, has passed from death(the spirit which now is and is in and of the world) into Life(the Spirit God has Given), abiding not in death but Life that they NOT PERISH but be saved by and through the Spirit God gives of the Son: the Spirit of Power and of Love and of a Sound Mind which does indeed: Love His brother. For the Love of God, and not the love of the world( for the lust of the eyes and the boastful pride of life is not from the Father, but from the world)… THE LOVE of the FATHER was in Him not imputing their sins unto them but reconciling them unto Himself. The Spirit God gives is of Power, of Love, and of a Sound Mind which (Imo)… is not against loving your brother but completes the one who does the Will of God…which is “that you ought to love one another” …-and Live, as He Lives. Yet he who hates his brother has not seen God, and is a liar for the Love of God (the Spirit of Power, of Love and a Sound Mind) does not dwell in Him. Instead he remains still in love with the spirit that is in the world that gives fear unto bondage again and is not of God. For how can one say they love God, yet hate their brother?

Last edited:

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The world is passing away. But the souls of people are eternal. People are made in God's image.

I guess I think of loving the world as being subject to the trends of the ruler of the world, Satan. But loving your brother has little to do with loving the world's ways and everything to do with shining your light for them to point them to Jesus and doing practical things to help their needs.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The world is passing away. But the souls of people are eternal. People are made in God's image.

I guess I think of loving the world as being subject to the trends of the ruler of the world, Satan. But loving your brother has little to do with loving the world's ways and everything to do with shining your light for them to point them to Jesus and doing practical things to help their needs.
Love
Do not love the world nor the things in the world,
If anyone loves the world,
The love of the Father in not in him.

For all that is in the world,
The lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the boastful pride of life,
In not from the Father,
But from the world.

The world is passing away,
And (also) its lust;
But the one who does the Will of God lives forever.

Love it because I’ve read it countless times. Over and over but never paused to consider all that is prophesied within just that one passage.
Which to me speaks of the spirit that is not from the Father: The lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the boastful pride of life …is passing away, perishing, coming to an end. The spirit not given from the Father and its lust, passing. Will pass. Will perish away. Good news I think when considering what the spirit not from the Father: the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the boastful pride of life brings forth which is death. good news I think in pausing to consider He speaks of it not continuing, but the passing away of the spirit that is not from Him.

With it I consider another passage where they were told to “leave these men alone” for if it is of men(the spirit not from God, but from the world in the lust and pride) it will come to nothing. But if it be of God(The Spirit of Power, of love, and of a sound mind)…nothing can overthrow it. And you don’t want to fight against God.

And:
Proverbs 16:17-19 The highway of the upright is to depart from evil(.the beginning of wisdom is depart from evil): he that keepeth his way preserveth his soul. [18] Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall. [19] Better it is to be of an humble spirit with the lowly, than to divide the spoil with the proud.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr E and Lambano

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

'The soul that sinneth, it shall die. ... ... ... '
(Ezekiel 18:4 & 20)

Hello @Wynona,

With respect, the verses above show that the soul of man is not immortal, it is subject to death. The soul being the whole person energised by life, as shown in Genesis 2:7:-

'And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground,
and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life;
and man became a living soul.'

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
'For God hath not given us the spirit of fear;
but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord,
nor of me his prisoner:
but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel
according to the power of God;... ... ... '

(2 Timothy 1:7-8)

Hello @VictoryinJesus,

Thank you for your subject heading, reading it today was just what I needed.

Yes only the one who does the will of God will live for ever. That will (or work), is to believe on Him Whom He has sent (John 6:29).

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
'For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty;
only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh,
but by love serve one another.'

(Gal.5:13)

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'For God hath not given us the spirit of fear;
but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord,
nor of me his prisoner:
but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel
according to the power of God;... ... ... '

(2 Timothy 1:7-8)

Hello @VictoryinJesus,

Thank you for your subject heading, reading it today was just what I needed.

Yes only the one who does the will of God will live for ever. That will (or work), is to believe on Him Whom He has sent (John 6:29).

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
Just what I needed as well. ❤️

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 2:15 Do Not love the world nor the things in the world, if anyone loves the world, the Love of the Father in not in him.

Compare to many verses …if you hate your brother …you are a murderer. If you hate your brother, You have not seen God at any time. If you hate your brother, You have no life abiding in you. If you hate your brother, You walk in darkness and do not know where you are going because the darkness has blinded you. If you hate your brother, you have not yet passed from death unto Life. The one who hates his brother, the love of God is not in him.

How can both of these be true?
If you love the world …the Love of the Father (the Spirit of Power, of Love, and of a Sound Mind) is not in you.
Yet…if you hate your brother, the Love of God (the Spirit of Power, of Love, and of a Sound Mind) is not in you.

To me it all points to the spirit that the world gives …the spirit of fear again unto bondage. Which fear of lusting, coveting, envying, pride, spiteful, back-biting, hatred towards your brother causes you to murder (even if it is kept hidden within the heart) and be liar towards your brother …to steal, kill, and destroy your brother. Fearful without Power, without Love, without a Sound Mind. It is this spirit the world gives (Imo) which is not to be loved for it is this spirit that is in and of the world that pits brother against brother. As rivals. Be it in “wit” or in “strength” or in “favour” or in the “power” for the highest seat…the better job, the more success, to more territorial control, the more power of the voice as having the most say, a higher platform, even having the better home, the better wife, the better kids, the most prestige, or even the bigger muscles, the further the piss( sorry but it happens), the more and greater than another in greater achievement in the “things of this world”…“I will walk all over you! To get it. Even if I have to take it by force.” And if you (we)can’t take it by what the world has given unto you(us), that spirit which is in and of the world…then next stop …let us take it by Religion! Let’s use God to promote our way upward! Even if those who lose the strength to fight for “it” fall and are crushed under foot. “So what? Life goes on for us who achieve the greatest outward showing” …but yet, in old age it all ends the same. It dries up.

To war and kill; where is it any less obvious to provoke hatred in and to stir up “if you love this spirit that is now in and of the world” …the love of the Father (Christ) is not in you. The Spirit which God gives (not of the world) (not of lust and pride) is of Power, of Love, and of a Sound mind which is not bondage again unto fear …nor does it lead to death…but to “Liberty” “Freedom” from the spirit that is in and of the world.

the Spirit that God gives unto you…which is NOT the spirit as the world gives unto you…But God gives unto you the Spirit of Power, of Love and of a Sound Mind…”it is enough”where then many verses tell if this Spirit of Power, of Love, and of a Sound Mind —let the Mind that was in Christ be also in you—is NOT called a murderer, not boastful in the pride of life, is not a liar, has seen God, has Life abiding in the Spirit which God has given, walks in the light and is not in darkness, does not stumble seeing where to walk as to not stumble, has passed from death(the spirit which now is and is in and of the world) into Life(the Spirit God has Given), abiding not in death but Life that they NOT PERISH but be saved by and through the Spirit God gives of the Son: the Spirit of Power and of Love and of a Sound Mind which does indeed: Love His brother. For the Love of God, and not the love of the world( for the lust of the eyes and the boastful pride of life is not from the Father, but from the world)… THE LOVE of the FATHER was in Him not imputing their sins unto them but reconciling them unto Himself. The Spirit God gives is of Power, of Love, and of a Sound Mind which (Imo)… is not against loving your brother but completes the one who does the Will of God…which is “that you ought to love one another” …-and Live, as He Lives. Yet he who hates his brother has not seen God, and is a liar for the Love of God (the Spirit of Power, of Love and a Sound Mind) does not dwell in Him. Instead he remains still in love with the spirit that is in the world that gives fear unto bondage again and is not of God. For how can one say they love God, yet hate their brother?

There are two spirits at work. And there are two Fathers. How does this dynamic affect the world of man? How does it affect the woman's seed? Indeed, there can be brothers with different Fathers, born of woman-- weeds and seeds in the same soil. Have you ever thought about it?

Listen to what Jesus said-- making the same point that you reference above--

“If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them. And if you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners do the same. And if you lend to those from whom you hope to be repaid, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners, so that they may be repaid in full.

But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to ungrateful and evil people. Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.

Yet he also says this>>>

I am telling you the things I have seen while with the Father; as for you, practice the things you have heard from the Father!”
They answered him, “Abraham is our father!” Jesus replied, “If you are Abraham’s children, you would be doing the deeds of Abraham. But now you are trying to kill me, a man who has told you the truth I heard from God. Abraham did not do this! You people are doing the deeds of your father.”

Then they said to Jesus, “We were not born as a result of immorality! We have only one Father, God himself.” Jesus replied, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I have come from God and am now here. I have not come on my own initiative, but he sent me. Why don’t you understand what I am saying? It is because you cannot accept my teaching.

You people are from your father the devil, and you want to do what your father desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not uphold the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he lies, he speaks according to his own nature because he is a liar and the father of lies. But because I am telling you the truth, you do not believe me. Who among you can prove me guilty of any sin? If I am telling you the truth, why don’t you believe me? The one who belongs to God listens and responds to God’s words. You don’t listen and respond because you don’t belong to God.”

Here we have men-- brothers, -seed of the woman, seeded, and born of different fathers. In reality, this is true of every one of us born of woman. True of every human.... two Fathers-- one is Spirit, the other is flesh.

• Love
Reactions: VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are two spirits at work. And there are two Fathers.
Considering this morning "There are two spirits at work. And there are two Fathers." with:
considering also "the blessed Hope"
(paraphrasing what it means to me)

However at that time you did not know God,
you were slaves to those which by nature (from the world) are no gods.

But now you have come to know God, or rather to be known by God, how is it that you turn back again (to the spirit of fear again unto bondage?), turning back again to the weak and worthless things, to which you desire (to lust after, the lust of the eyes, the pride of life) desiring to be enslaved all over again unto bondage? For God has not given the spirit of fear unto bondage again, all over again--that spirit is not from God but from the world. The Spirit God gives is The Spirit of Power, of Love, and of a Sound Mind.
Yet, here you go, all over again,
you observe days, and months, and seasons, and years. (Seasons. How is it you can discern by the sky whether it will storm. You can tell it will rain. You can discern the seasons by observation, but you can't discern or know what season this is? How is it that you can not discern this time of your visitation?)

I fear for you (this fear not proceeding out from the spirit of fear the world gives unto you unto bondage again... but the Fear of God proceeding out from Him, the wisdom God gives that is not of this world, but the beginning of The Wisdom of God is that you depart from evil, which is Liberty from bondage unto the spirit the world gives. As a slave and not a Son. As a slave and no heir of the promises.

I beg you brothers, become as I am (Strong in the God of Truth), for I also have become as you are (made weak, so that you be made Strong in Christ being formed in you.)

You have done me no wrong.
You are not my slaves as if i am god. for that which is weak is no god, But God Who is of Power, of Love, and of a Sound Mind.
It is God the Father whom you wrong, for I am only a brother who tells you to listen to the Truth which is of God and not of the world.

Let's talk about my fiery trial. that i might bring the season into remembrance. That i might bring into remembrance of the blessed hope of which you spoke of...which now i will ask or pled...where is the blessed hope which you spoke of ...you thought it not strange but now it has become strange to you? Have i become strange to you?

you know that it was because of a bodily illness that I preached the gospel to you the first time, and that which was a trial to you in my bodily condition you did not despise.
looking for that blessed hope and the glorious appearing of the Great God and saviour our Jesus Christ, who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people zealous of good works, these things exhort, and rebuke, with all authority. Let no man despise you.

You did not loathe or despise that which was a trial to you in my bodily condition, but you received me as an angel of God, as Christ Jesus himself.
Where then is that sense of blessing you had?
For I bear witness that if possible, you would have plucked out your eyes and given them to me...
have i now become your enemy by telling you the truth?

(Looking for the blessed Hope) Blessed is the man that trusts in the LORD and whose Hope the LORD is. (Jeremiah 17:7)​
(Looking for the blessed Hope) Blessed be the God and Father of our lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy has birthed us again(not all over again unto bondage) unto a Living Hope by the Resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, through faith unto the saving power of God * The Spirit of Power, of Love, and Of a Sound Mind ...to an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, that fades not away. reserved in heaven for you, kept by the Power of God ready to be revealed in the last time. (All of 1 Peter 4, which speaks of the last time.)​
THAT THE TRIAL of your faith, more precious tha gold that perishes though it be tried by fire might be found to be (Living) praise, honour, and Glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ. (Until Christ is formed in you)
Where then is that sense of blessing you had?
Have I now become your enemy because i tell you the truth?
They eagerly seek you,
not commendably,
but they wish (desire, lust) to shut you out (of the Kingdom of God)
so that you will seek them. (so that you will turn again to the spirit of bondage that is not from God.) Looking or seeking that you become slaves unto them, and not Sons(Heirs of the Promise) unto God.
my children with whom i am again in labour until Christ be formed in you ...
tell me, you who want to be under the law,
do you not listen to the law?
For it is written Abraham had two sons,
one by the bondwoman and one by the free woman
But the son by the bondwoman was born according to the flesh
and the Son (Heir) by the Free woman through the Promise. (The bless hope which you spoke of, where is the blessed hope?)

This is allegorically speaking for these two (women) are two covenants.
One come out from Mount Sinai bearing children who are to be slaves.
One The Son, The Heir of Promise.... come out from God, made to be Free which is of the Free Woman, She is our Mother.

two spirits at work?​
The spirit given of the world, and not from God.​
The Spirit from God; not from or of the world but from and of God: The Spirit 0f Power, Of Love, and of a Sound Mind.​
Two fathers?​
Two mothers?​
Two covenants?​

Last edited:

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Love
Do not love the world nor the things in the world,
If anyone loves the world,
The love of the Father in not in him.
I thought the reason God gave His son was because He so loved the world?

I guess I get confused sometimes when God asks us to do opposite of Him.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello VIJ,

Yes the world only supplies the flesh with the lust of the eyes, the lust of the flesh, and the pride of life; and by nature as human beings we are children of wrath. It starts out as a child, from the first lie. Also the will of the self.

You take a child to the store, they see a toy, you tell them no, they then proceed to start throwing a fit. The will of the self is very evident with-in us as children of wrath.

1 John 2:16 For everything in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—comes not from the Father but from the world.
Christians that have trouble with temper and have anger can easily hate by the flesh; even still struggle with the flesh though by the holy spirit - if they go to God in their life - will speak to the proclivity to their wrong of hating another and perhaps they go and repent, it's not said to go away completely though it can be suppressed by and through going to the word of God, and reading, and praying to God in offerings which they allow God to come in and help them in their lives.
To me it all points to the spirit that the world gives …the spirit of fear again unto bondage. Which fear of lusting, coveting, envying, pride, spiteful, back-biting, hatred towards your brother causes you to murder (even if it is kept hidden within the heart) and be liar towards your brother …to steal, kill, and destroy your brother. Fearful without Power, without Love, without a Sound Mind. It is this spirit the world gives (Imo) which is not to be loved for it is this spirit that is in and of the world that pits brother against brother. As rivals. Be it in “wit” or in “strength” or in “favour” or in the “power” for the highest seat…the better job, the more success, to more territorial control, the more power of the voice as having the most say, a higher platform, even having the better home, the better wife, the better kids, the most prestige, or even the bigger muscles, the further the piss( sorry but it happens), the more and greater than another in greater achievement in the “things of this world”…“I will walk all over you! To get it. Even if I have to take it by force.” And if you (we)can’t take it by what the world has given unto you(us), that spirit which is in and of the world…then next stop …let us take it by Religion!
As mentioned before our natural ways of self, and all of us start out that way. It seems that human beings are restricted when they first come into the world in a manner which they have not yet been given the light. If you catch your son or daughter in a known lie, you try to get them to tell the truth; sometimes they will learn sometimes they will say "No mom, No dad, you are wrong." And through time and experience when and if they choose to believe that God exist, and wanna understand who that is, which he speaks through nature, others, the Bible itself, calling by the spirit, they may turn from that totally being selfish way.
Let’s use God to promote our way upward! Even if those who lose the strength to fight for “it” fall and are crushed under foot. “So what? Life goes on for us who achieve the greatest outward showing” …but yet, in old age it all ends the same. It dries up.
Yes, that is whom is needed, the light of the world who brings forth life. The one whom brings forth eternal waters, and eternal bread and nourishes you with spiritual fortitude and it comes by and through reading the word, prayer, and subjecting oneself under him, in subjection to God above first, and then comes the love towards God and towards others, upon realizing what Yeshua has done for not on that individual but for the whole world to bring newness of life compared to the former life which was restricted by the self will.
The Spirit does give the ability power over ones flesh, to allow love (1 Corinthians 13), and a sound mind which is at peace with God because of the Lord whom makes us right with him. Which brings liberty as you said, from that restrictive path. The Spirit also brings forth not just love, and having a sound mind - but joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Though these areas of new life are all built slowly over time from being a child of God, and you go along into becoming mature, and you allow God to renew your heart and mind and allow him to help you by the spirit asking him to be with you and allow these fruits to grow as you abide in the vine, whom is Yeshua.

Jesus mentions in Luke 11:13 If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!”

Last edited: