For many are called but few chosen

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To be fair, that depends on what type of truth and expectations you are used to believing in and suited for your comfortable zone. All that I've spoken of/ written is per scripture, nothing more and nothing added. What I believe you have a problem with is how I slice and view scripture in a fashion that makes you uncomfortable....it is unknown territory for you and you do not want to go there or are reluctant to tread..and then you call it inaccurate etc.

I think that is an issue you have to resolve, not I.

Bless you,

APAK

That's the problem. You Parse out a very important parts of the passage.

A problem for me? With 58 years story behind the do you really think I have not seen what you're doing times?

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's the problem. You Parse out a very important parts of the passage.

A problem for me? With 58 years story behind the do you really think I have not seen what you're doing times?

So you have been around a bit and you have a problem with my OP as it is not to your liking, in agreement with your views. Sorry about that mate. You need to start telling me specifics sometime now, without just whining. Where have I heard folks like you before? I've seen your type too many times...they are quite negative folks.

Right, so you resort to the "you have seen it all before line" and you know what I'm up to.....man just read what I have said to you and stop thinking always about yourself and how you feel. It is an OP with a message. If you can read you can understand it.

Again, for the last time, it was NOT necessary to add in passages from the beginning of the parable for my OP to convey my message. In fact that would have disguised it. It was meant to be impacting and from your VAGUE comments thus far it hit that target successfully.

So let me ask you directly and reply with some substance this time, because up to now it has been lacking. To you, who are those that are chosen then? And why are you chosen?

Bless you,

APAK

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you have been around a bit and you have a problem with my OP as it is not to your liking, in agreement with your views. Sorry about that mate. You need to start telling me specifics sometime now, without just whining. Where have I heard folks like you before? I've seen your type too many times...they are quite negative folks.

Right, so you resort to the "you have seen it all before line" and you know what I'm up to.....man just read what I have said to you and stop thinking always about yourself and how you feel. It is an OP with a message. If you can read you can understand it.

Again, for the last time, it was NOT necessary to add in passages from the beginning of the parable for my OP to convey my message. In fact that would have disguised it. It was meant to be impacting and from your VAGUE comments thus far it hit that target successfully.

So let me ask you directly and reply with some substance this time, because up to now it has been lacking. To you, who are those that are chosen then? And why are you chosen?

Bless you,

APAK

I already told you. You parsed the passage so it doesn't say claim. You also attempted to make it to church when the church didn't exist.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“For many are called but few chosen.”

Matthew 22:14 records this expression Jesus made as he spoke of the parable of the Wedding Feast, wherein a guest attending the feast was not wearing a fitting wedding garment for the occasion.

This person heeded the calling alright, without receiving God’s spiritual garment (the baptism of the Spirit in one’s heart) suited for his Son. All garments folks wore had to be accepted by the Father first, as it was for the spiritual and holy reunion feast of marriage of the body of Christ, his Son. The presence of God, his spirit in our hearts, to truly receive and accept this calling, to come, is mandatory. There is no other way. This is the path of Salvation that is very specific and narrow. This specificity does not just refer to our belief in Christ, it is more.

The ‘way’ or method we receive and believe in Christ is paramount.

This person in this parable decided to bring carnal and corrupt spiritual clothing to the wedding feast of God’s holiness and purity. Yes, this person believed in the ruler and his position, although on his or her own terms. This person believed it was appropriate to bypass the Father’s loving presence and greeting at the door (of the heart) and accepted his Son’s invitation by avoiding the door completely. This person's heart was not cultivated and prepared by the Father to accept this calling in humility and genuine repentance. We know what happened to this person. He or she was quickly rejected and ejected from the feast. Jesus never knew him. His Father never had the opportunity to clothe him correctly for the feast of life, of his Son. This person just clothed himself with what suited him/her– decided to just use his/her own free-will in this critical decision of holy spiritual acceptance.

How many Christians have accepted the gospel without wearing or being baptized in God’s holy spirit within their hearts, first?! We truly cannot wear the wedding garments for the Son’s feast without his permission, his acceptance and intervention. The Father and Son know the legitimate attendees in advance of the feast.

The last part of the expression says, ‘few are chosen.’ Not to sound redundant, but who again chooses? He who chooses us will not return an ‘empty hand.’ Well it is not us, or the person deciding to accept the calling. Some say, well I believed after I was called by hearing the gospel message, so I must be chosen. This is what the person in this parable thought, and he/she was thrown to the roadside, if you will.

God chooses those that are called. How does he do this?

1. First, he already knows the hearts that will turn to him, before they were born. He therefore chose that person he knew as he knew they would also be touched by the call before they were born.

2. Second, the person seeks/sought God’s presence at some time or over many times, to know him and to accept the calling about his Son. They are humble and sincere in their quest. They show their heart to God with all its imperfections and corruption. Nothing is hidden. They truly want to change or repent, and they do.

3. Third, God touches that heart of the one called by spiritual rebirth.

4. Fourth, that person senses God’s presence as the spirit is now already in the heart.

5. Fifth, he provides the faith to believe in the moment of human decision.

6. Sixth, the person is swayed to accept the terms of God and salvation from the heart and not from the mind. It is not a mental exercise as the carnal mind is ill-equipped to understand and respond to the call of God and his gospel.

Now I say, can we truthfully say we chose to accept the calling of God to salvation by the belief in his Son, with our own free will and nothing/or no one else? Did God have anything to do with it? I hope so. No one wants to be rejected by Christ.

If we say we alone chose salvation by the calling of the gospel, without the presence of God, then we mock him and his plan of salvation through Christ. We cannot just believe in Jesus from the emptiness and carnality of our minds or out of our natural carnal hearts.

The spark comes for God himself after we call to him in our own way…and he already knew this anyway…not a riddle to those that understand God is beyond time and space…

What say ye?
Consider that Adam and Eve after recognizing their own nakedness sewed their own coverings of fig leaves. God replaced those leaves with skin, but what if they chose rather to retain their own self-made covering? Is this not also what the man did who attended the wedding feast without a proper wedding garment? The proper garment as you state is from God! There is it seems a lot of this making of one's own garments rather than seeking and receiving the garment which God has prepared for each of us.

Reactions: APAK

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To wit? (Since it performs flawlessly for me.)
I also had a lot of trouble with my installation. Perhaps it was just me but when you presented this before on another thread I tried. It messed up my computer so I ended up restoring my system to fix it. I left it alone after that. Sorry, but I did try.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I also had a lot of trouble with my installation. Perhaps it was just me but when you presented this before on another thread I tried. It messed up my computer so I ended up restoring my system to fix it. I left it alone after that. Sorry, but I did try.

It messed mine up too, but I knew how to go into the Drives and registry to clean it out.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, they do recommend Win 7 or higher (it will not work with XP), and the instructions say Win 10 is best. But, I can't believe anyone would still have XP, and I honestly have not seen a computer that had less than Win 10 in a long time.

Reactions: Nancy

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It messed mine up too, but I knew how to go into the Drives and registry to clean it out.
I am not a computer whiz and as I get older these things frustrate me. I spent two days on this before I could come up with a solution. I prayed about it and God did help me.
@Willie T I was and still am interested in accessing what you held out, but not via Blue Stacks.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, they do recommend Win 7 or higher (it will not work with XP), and the instructions say Win 10 is best. But, I can't believe anyone would still have XP, and I honestly have not seen a computer that had less than Win 10 in a long time.
My present computer was purchased in November 2018 with Windows 10. I don't know enough about things to easily avoid the problem. As I said I'll not try Blue Stacks again.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, the main point was that we are several parables into a year-long study of most of the parables, and this guy has a very unique way of getting to details most traditional, starched-collar preachers never even think of. So, to be able to follow this series will be a pretty rare opportunity.

There ARE several other platforms that can be utilized to access Apps through your PC. Google has one

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I have Windows 10 with more than enough RAM and memory. The problem is memory allocation. An example, use 10% of memory but the higher demand software cannot access any of the 90 percent.

The main drive of the computer is C. But that software uses D.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, the main point was that we are several parables into a year-long study of most of the parables, and this guy has a very unique way of getting to details most traditional, starched-collar preachers never even think of. So, to be able to follow this series will be a pretty rare opportunity.

There ARE several other platforms that can be utilized to access Apps through your PC. Google has one

Be careful. Those other apps have the same demands as the app you are using.

There used to be a modification of that app that would work, but you better know what you doing.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I already told you. You parsed the passage so it doesn't say claim. You also attempted to make it to church when the church didn't exist.

I'm sorry your knowledge on this subject is very limited and any elicitation of any useful conversation of substance from you on this subject is apparently not going to happen any time soon.

Bless you as God can

APAK

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Consider that Adam and Eve after recognizing their own nakedness sewed their own coverings of fig leaves. God replaced those leaves with skin, but what if they chose rather to retain their own self-made covering? Is this not also what the man did who attended the wedding feast without a proper wedding garment? The proper garment as you state is from God! There is it seems a lot of this making of one's own garments rather than seeking and receiving the garment which God has prepared for each of us.
So true...viola, someone that understands it, and in very straight forward language....Bless you sir..APAK

Reactions: amadeus

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sorry your knowledge on this subject is very limited and any elicitation of any useful conversation of substance from you on this subject is apparently not going to happen any time soon.

Bless you as God can

APAK

Typical response someone cannot handle facts.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ephesian 4:17-24: - The New Man
17 This I say, therefore, and testify in the Lord, that you should no longer walk as the rest of the Gentiles walk, in the futility of their mind, 18 having their understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God, because of the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart; 19 who, being past feeling, have given themselves over to lewdness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.

20 But you have not so learned Christ, 21 if indeed you have heard Him and have been taught by Him, as the truth is in Jesus: 22 that you put off, concerning your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt according to the deceitful lusts, 23 and be renewed in the spirit of your mind, 24 and that you put on the {refurbished like} new man, {i.e. covering/clothing}, which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness.
I wonder if the wedding garment is nothing more that putting on the covering of God. The very covering of God that He intended us to have from the beginning of Time.

Shalom

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You all Need to pay attention.

Christ said this, therefore the church did not exist yet.

This was written to Israel while The Mosaic covenant was still in effect.
Interesting, how can the bride be a guest at her own wedding. Or at least that seems to be the view of many.

Something is wrong.