For Steve Garvey, Our New Republican Senator

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He is running in a very blue state. We have to consider the former first baseman a long shot. And his reputation for getting far beyond first base with numerous women (he has seven children by four women, two of whom he did not marry) won't help him. (Bob Hope once quipped "I haven’t seen so many gorgeous girls since I spent Father’s Day with Steve Garvey.")
Good to see a Red fan praying for a Dodger. :Broadly:

Lest we need reminding, this is the prayer forum. I will pray for him. (Who says Cubs fans don't have a prayer?)

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Lest we need reminding, this is the prayer forum. I will pray for him. (Who says Cubs fans don't have a prayer?)
Full disclosure: My use of "RedFan" is not a reference to that certain hapless baseball team in southern Ohio. (Nor is it a reference to my political leanings, although I am a Republican.)

• Haha
Reactions: marks and Lambano

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Sorry for posting a discussion post. Marks made two threads. One in the debate area and one in the prayer area. When I posted that I actually thought I was in the debate area thread.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Full disclosure: My use of "RedFan" is not a reference to that certain hapless baseball team in southern Ohio. (Nor is it a reference to my political leanings, although I am a Republican.)
Another full disclosure: My sister had a teenage crush on Steve Garvey back in the 70s. And my younger brother IS a fan of that aforementioned hapless baseball team in southern Ohio.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Debp

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Folks like that are around but they won't run since this nation is morally bankrupt and is going down hill fast

It's too bad the republicans are just as dirty as the democrats!

King David was an adulterer, Moses a murderer, and Samson a womanizer.

Miss the point much?