For the love of God...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cronnie36

May 3, 2008
Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame. Revelation 16:15 Don't we owe it to Him to get to the bottom of this and follow His instruction. Who are they? Seems obvious that they are anyone who sees our sin and hears our dirty thoughts. These things that plague my thoughts at times are sinful and dirty to be sure. But I am not about to revisit the lusty thoughts that I found so swiftly at my heels when I ran the first time for any reason unless the devil enters the picture. Why on earth would one do this? I have enough trouble on my own. I mean if we show our shame and walk around blind naked before men eventually people will take advantage of us. Can you not concede that with whom you share your darkest secrets that you give that person a rule over you? Like it or not they have an upper hand. How do we know who to trust? The Bible tells us to pray in secret and ask for our needs in dark spaces, in closets. The Bible tells us that God knows all. Jesus knows the thoughts and intentions of every man. There is no need for any detail when you are alone with Jesus Christ as He peers into your heart. You need only confess with your mouth the deed and He will take care of your shame. He knows just how to ever so righteously dispose of it by blotting it out with The Blood of The Lamb. Praise God! Forgiveness comes through Him alone and His power is omnipotent. For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Please understand this and follow instruction because if you do not you will be sorry.Take fast hold of instruction; let her not go: keep her; for she is thy life.Who is with me on this? Has this helped anyone to reconsider anything in their life? I really am trying to help out .

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
I Thessalonians 5:2 - For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.Obviously it's not meant to be taken literal. It is only saying that Christ will come back where many people (likely most to all) are not expecting it at all...Only a fool would take the verse literally as Lord is not in darkness, He lives only in Light.Christ will come back at the Last Trumpet, the Seventh Trumpet, the Trump of God. (I Corinthians 15:52, I Thessalonians 4:16, Revelation 11:15

cronnie36

May 3, 2008
(thesuperjag;48762)
I Thessalonians 5:2 - For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.Obviously it's not meant to be taken literal. It is only saying that Christ will come back where many people (likely most to all) are not expecting it at all...Only a fool would take the verse literally as Lord is not in darkness, He lives only in Light.Christ will come back at the Last Trumpet, the Seventh Trumpet, the Trump of God. (I Corinthians 15:52, I Thessalonians 4:16, Revelation 11:15
Oh my goodness the Lord is in both darkness and light. He made the darkness and sin and, He is omnipotent. Of course I understand the whole verse the first part of it is simple and self explanatory to about anyone. I think you are lacking an understanding of what you failed to address in you post. And once again someone has avoided the subject at hand. I asked a question and you obviously know that I already know what your answer will be because you didn't give me one.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(cronnie36;48765)
(thesuperjag;48762)
Oh my goodness the Lord is in both darkness and light. He made the darkness and sin and, He is omnipotent. Of course I understand the whole verse the first part of it is simple and self explanatory to about anyone. I think you are lacking an understanding of what you failed to address in you post. And once again someone has avoided the subject at hand. I asked a question and you obviously know that I already know what your answer will be because you didn't give me one.Try explaining these scriptures without twisting the Word of God?I John 1:5 - This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.I John 1:6 - If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:Edit: Actually, I posted a post before you edited your post. So I didn't have a question to answer.

archierieus

May 5, 2008
(cronnie36;48760)
Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame. Revelation 16:15 Don't we owe it to Him to get to the bottom of this and follow His instruction . . . Who is with me on this? Has this helped anyone to reconsider anything in their life? I really am trying to help out .
Yes, Cronnie, that has definitely helped me. I keep that verse, and that thought in front of me. I want to be ready to meet Jesus, and to look up and say, "This is my God!" I don't want to run and hide and call for the rocks to fall on me.Dave

cronnie36

May 3, 2008
(thesuperjag;48762)
I'm gonna reply to you just let me gather my scriptural composure, there is alot of real Truth to this subject revealed in the Word of God to those who know God.

cronnie36

May 3, 2008
(thesuperjag;48767)
Try explaining these scriptures without twisting the Word of God?I John 1:5 - This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.I John 1:6 - If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:Edit: Actually, I posted a post before you edited your post. So I didn't have a question to answer.
Rather than twist the Word of God, which I do not intend to ever do, it's just about all your gonna get. Except maybe you will get some insight on who God is. So read these verses carefully, as if your life depends on it. Here we go treasures old and new.For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.Give glory to the LORD your God, before he cause darkness, and before your feet stumble upon the dark mountains, and, while ye look for light, he turn it into the shadow of death, and make it gross darkness.He revealeth the deep and secret things: he knoweth what is in the darkness, and the light dwelleth with him.Thou makest darkness, and it is night: wherein all the beasts of the forest do creep forth.Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee.He hath led me, and brought me into darkness, but not into light.He revealeth the deep and secret things: he knoweth what is in the darkness, and the light dwelleth with him.For, lo, he that formeth the mountains, and createth the wind, and declareth unto man what is his thought, that maketh the morning darkness, and treadeth upon the high places of the earth, The LORD, The God of hosts, is his name.Woe unto you that desire the day of the LORD! to what end is it for you? the day of the LORD is darkness, and not light.Shall not the day of the LORD be darkness, and not light? even very dark, and no brightness in it?That day is a day of wrath, a day of trouble and distress, a day of wasteness and desolation, a day of darkness and gloominess, a day of clouds and thick darkness,Got that!

Craig19

Apr 26, 2008
God did not create sin or anything bad. He is light. All good things come from God and all bad things come from satan.Your statement that God is both light and dark is incorrect and please make sure of your facts before leading others into lies.God bless

cronnie36

May 3, 2008
Edit: Actually, I posted a post before you edited your post. So I didn't have a question to answer.[/QUOTE]And yes, if you read every post from first to last you will see two or three questions from the beginning of this thread that have not been answered. They are right there on my very first post.

cronnie36

May 3, 2008
(Craig19;48783)
God did not create sin or anything bad. He is light. All good things come from God and all bad things come from satan.Your statement that God is both light and dark is incorrect and please make sure of your facts before leading others into lies.God bless
Did you not read my post with all of the Biblical truth about this. It is scripture and yes He did.

Craig19

Apr 26, 2008
I saw your scriptures, but you are wrong. God DID NOT create sin. You are interpreting these scriptures wrong and taking them out of context. If you read the whole chapter the darkness created is night not sin or evil things. Do not use a verse out of context you will be led astray. The darkness referred to in those scriptures God created but the darkness(evil thing) you refer to God did not create.God created all things for good the devil uses us as humans to corrupt these things.The teaching you are giving or the way you are saying them is false

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Craig19;48787)
I saw your scriptures, but you are wrong. God DID NOT create sin. You are interpreting these scriptures wrong and taking them out of context. If you read the whole chapter the darkness created is night not sin or evil things. Do not use a verse out of context you will be led astray. The darkness referred to in those scriptures God created but the darkness(evil thing) you refer to God did not create.God created all things for good the devil uses us as humans to corrupt these things.The teaching you are giving or the way you are saying them is false
I feel the same way Craig19. Especially of what Christ said to the people in John 8:44.

cronnie36

May 3, 2008
(thesuperjag;48788)
I feel the same way Craig19. Especially of what Christ said to the people in John 8:44.
(Craig19;48787)
The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil. This is a Proverb, a nugget of wisdom and instruction. There is absolutley no way to take it out of context,none. The Lord is all mighty and made all things.I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. These are the Words of God put into the mouth of the prophet Isaiah. There is no way to misunderstand this, unless you reject the truth or just plain can't see.Give glory to the LORD your God, before he cause darkness, and before your feet stumble upon the dark mountains, and, while ye look for light, he turn it into the shadow of death, and make it gross darkness. These are the words of the prophet Jeremiah. I suggest you take heed because the Lord can, has and will do this again. I believe we should all take heed to this. I shall never anger Him to this as long as I give Him True Glory.Woe unto you that desire the day of the LORD! to what end is it for you? the day of the LORD is darkness, and not light.Shall not the day of the LORD be darkness, and not light? even very dark, and no brightness in it?That day is a day of wrath, a day of trouble and distress, a day of wasteness and desolation, a day of darkness and gloominess, a day of clouds and thick darkness, And as for these last three....well I know I am watching..and trembling. You should be as well. Yes there is more scripture to back this up but if this isn't enough I'm afraid you will walk in darkness because you can't see the light that God Has also put forth.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(cronnie36;48789)
The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil. This is a Proverb, a nugget of wisdom and instruction. There is absolutley no way to take it out of context,none. The Lord is all mighty and made all things.I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. These are the Words of God put into the mouth of the prophet Isaiah. There is no way to misunderstand this, unless you reject the truth or just plain can't see.Give glory to the LORD your God, before he cause darkness, and before your feet stumble upon the dark mountains, and, while ye look for light, he turn it into the shadow of death, and make it gross darkness. These are the words of the prophet Jeremiah. I suggest you take heed because the Lord can, has and will do this again. I believe we should all take heed to this. I shall never anger Him to this as long as I give Him True Glory.Woe unto you that desire the day of the LORD! to what end is it for you? the day of the LORD is darkness, and not light.Shall not the day of the LORD be darkness, and not light? even very dark, and no brightness in it?That day is a day of wrath, a day of trouble and distress, a day of wasteness and desolation, a day of darkness and gloominess, a day of clouds and thick darkness, And as for these last three....well I know I am watching..and trembling. You should be as well. Yes there is more scripture to back this up but if this isn't enough I'm afraid you will walk in darkness because you can't see the light that God Has also put forth.
CronnieCraig and Jag are right you are taking this out of context God created Lucifer and all the Angels Lucifer was not created evil nor the Angels they choose to become evil God is only taking credit for his creation.That is Satan(lucifer) and his fallen Angels who are darkness and evil from choice All sin stems from Satan. And yes those that do not keep the seal of God in their foreheads(minds) should fear this day of darkness it is the Day God will destroy Satan/antichrist and all follow him

cronnie36

May 3, 2008
Firstly let me remind you that all things were created for His pleasure therefore all things are ultimately pleasing to Him. I am taking God's word out of context huh? So when The Lord God Himself said these things He didn't mean them huh? That is completely, willingly ignorant of not only the Word of God but of the nature of God. I can't understand it and I refuse to bow down to anything but the truth.I also will choose their delusions, and will bring their fears upon them; because when I called, none did answer; when I spake, they did not hear: but they did evil before mine eyes, and chose that in which I delighted not.Isaiah. The Lord's sweet words once again.I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded. Sounds like maybe He in in control of it all. Again Isaiah. There is no reason to deny the power of God He created all things good and evil, He told us this and it's pretty obvious.For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: How long will you deny the power of God? He created EVERYTHING!Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.ALL THINGS!!!!!

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
Let me start a sub topic on this thread...Tell me cronnie36, what do you think happened at the Garden of Eden back in Genesis?

archierieus

May 5, 2008
But there are other verses that make it clear that God did not originate evil. God is light and He is good, and there is no evil in Him. In what sense could He be said to 'create' evil? An example: The Holy Spirit works with two individuals. One responds positively, and follows the right. The other person fights conviction, wars against God and sets out to destroy those who are followers of Jesus. The Holy Spirit convicted, evil resulted, but God did not originate or intend evil. Yet, He takes responsibility for the result.Dave

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(cronnie36;48797)
Firstly let me remind you that all things were created for His pleasure therefore all things are ultimately pleasing to Him. I am taking God's word out of context huh? So when The Lord God Himself said these things He didn't mean them huh? That is completely, willingly ignorant of not only the Word of God but of the nature of God. I can't understand it and I refuse to bow down to anything but the truth.I also will choose their delusions, and will bring their fears upon them; because when I called, none did answer; when I spake, they did not hear: but they did evil before mine eyes, and chose that in which I delighted not.Isaiah. The Lord's sweet words once again.I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded. Sounds like maybe He in in control of it all. Again Isaiah. There is no reason to deny the power of God He created all things good and evil, He told us this and it's pretty obvious.For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: How long will you deny the power of God? He created EVERYTHING!Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.ALL THINGS!!!!!
You are wrong he did not can not create evil, He can allow it to continue however, and you are right he created all things for his pleasure. God gets no pleasure from evil or why is he going to destroy it??????????If you think God enjoys evil you not only do not understand God you do understand the Bible nor his plan.There are no contradictions in Gods Word only misinterpretation by men God created Lucifer as good the most beautiful full of knowledge angel ever created he was not created evil but for Gods pleasure he and those that follow him are the principalities he also created flesh which is inherentlycorrupt but God didn't create it this way. Satan corupted it.

cronnie36

May 3, 2008
God is righteous and evil is clearly a device used by our Lord and the scriptures back this up. Also He created ALL THINGS!I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. The infallible Word of God. Why dispute it? Yes admire the beauty of it's Truth and give glory to God.Give glory to the LORD your God, before he cause darkness, and before your feet stumble upon the dark mountains, and, while ye look for light, he turn it into the shadow of death, and make it gross darkness.Or He may see fit to do the above mentioned evil to you. Or maybe this will happen:And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not. But one thing we know for sure:The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(kriss;48800)
You are wrong he did not can not create evil, He can allow it to continue however, and you are right he created all things for his pleasure. God gets no pleasure from evil or why is he going to destroy it??????????If you think God enjoys evil you not only do not understand God you do understand the Bible nor his plan.There are no contradictions in Gods Word only misinterpretation by men God created Lucifer as good the most beautiful full of knowledge angel ever created he was not created evil but for Gods pleasure he and those that follow him are the principalities he also created flesh which is inherentlycorrupt but God didn't create it this way. Satan corupted it.
Rightly said Kriss.Psalm 97:10 -Ye that love the LORD, hate evil: he preserveth the souls of his saints; he delivereth them out of the hand of the wicked.Proverbs 8:13 - The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.

Status
Not open for further replies.