For the sake of teaching this little lamb...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
the THOUGHT of NOT fitting in... I don't even know where I am SUPPOSED to fit in... so in some senses... I do feel lost and alone...
fwiw if you follow a little kid--like age 3 maybe--who has, say, temporarily escaped mom's clutches and is running amok, or i guess even one engaged upon their own pursuits at home, with this "fitting in" in mind, that might take on its proper, or a better...no, a different perspective, maybe. Of course kids that age are entirely codependent, so i dont mean the "fitting in" they attempt when they have some need or desire that they seek to fulfill via an adult, but when they are otherwise fed and content. Dogs are good for this too imo

Reactions: amadeus and Addy

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
understand why the pimps and hos are beating you into the kingdom

Adoration.... you are NOT the arbitrator of my words.... OH how those words are still ringing from the last time you and I tango'd ....
PLEASE at least on MY THREADS... try to refrain from nasty comments .... I will share my cookies with you.

Reactions: theophilus

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Adoration.... you are NOT the arbitrator of my words.... OH how those words are still ringing from the last time you and I tango'd ....
PLEASE at least on MY THREADS... try to refrain from nasty comments .... I will share my cookies with you.
ah, that was just a Bible Quote tho A :)
understand why the publicans and prostitutes are beating you into the kingdom

and i miht have suggested you follow some of them around instead, but for your stated trust issues

Reactions: amadeus

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
fwiw if you follow a little kid--like age 3 maybe--who has, say, temporarily escaped mom's clutches and is running amok, or i guess even one engaged upon their own pursuits at home, with this "fitting in" in mind, that might take on its proper, or a better...no, a different perspective, maybe. Of course kids that age are entirely codependent, so i dont mean the "fitting in" they attempt when they have some need or desire that they seek to fulfill via an adult, but when they are otherwise fed and content. Dogs are good for this too imo

I like dogs more than humans.... SHHHHHHHHHHHH don't tell anyone... LOL

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

You just made me laugh.... OH well then... since it's a bible quote... go all out then.... LOL

Reactions: bbyrd009

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
yes well dogs always let us drive, dont they
narf

Well... I was thinking more along the lines of ... they are not AS EXHAUSTIVE as humans... and they are never mean.
Thanks for the laugh... You and I are going to get along just fine.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
and i miht have suggested you follow some of them around instead, but for your stated trust issues[/QUOTE]

I want you to explain what you meant by this comment... If it's what I think you mean... you might really like my answer...

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
and i miht have suggested you follow some of them around instead, but for your stated trust issues

I want you to explain what you meant by this comment... If it's what I think you mean... you might really like my answer...[/QUOTE]
FAR too much damage has been done... and my trust level would never allow trying again.
being as how pimps and hos are adults your current level of trust would likely interfere with the process via that path, right now?

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I want you to explain what you meant by this comment... If it's what I think you mean... you might really like my answer...
being as how pimps and hos are adults your current level of trust would likely interfere with the process via that path, right now?[/QUOTE]

I am sorry I do not understand what you have stated... but that is because I do not understand the reference in the first place... I thought you might be telling me... hang out with the prostitutes and the lesser ones... instead of trying to bow down to religion.. in which I would have stated I have hung out with them.. sat on the street corner with drunks... and drug addicts... while sipping coffee with them... telling them that I love them... and that JESUS does love them...... Obviously this is not the scenario for that chat... LOL... too much information... but hey... it's all free...

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm soooooo glad you asked... I thought we would start off with a Caesar salad with home made dressing...croutons and bacon bits...
then lasagna... with home made buns... and then for dessert.... strawberry shortcake.

I just gained 10 lbs just reading your menu :eek::D

Reactions: theophilus
R

Rita

Hi Rita.... I am late at getting back to you on your quote... I have been pre-occupied this week with the THOUGHT of NOT fitting in... I don't even know where I am SUPPOSED to fit in... so in some senses... I do feel lost and alone... but in the sense of being CHURCHED or part of a church fellowship somewhere... like you... I don't see that happening... FAR too much damage has been done... and my trust level would never allow trying again. With that said... like you... I would be open to trying a small house meeting... a get together ( so to speak ) where by we could pray together... do a bible study together... and have a meal together... as well as encourage each other and pray for each other through out the week.
THAT is something I would delight in doing... Gosh ... RITA... Would you like to be the first member to join my HOME CHURCH ??? LOL... We could stop by and pick up Helen.... and Nancy... I'll bring lunch... I think we should also bring @Heart2Soul ... something tells me she can sing!!!
I would love to be the first member , sadly I might arrive late as it would take me sooooooo long to get there !! Lol
I sometimes wonder myself where I fit in, buts it’s more to do with getting Older and the children not needing me as they use to. On a spiritual level I honestly believe that God can and does use me where I am in the moment, at work, on the way to work, online, in letters to friends, over the phone within my family etc ect. Rita

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Nancy

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I would love to be the first member , sadly I might arrive late as it would take me sooooooo long to get there !! Lol
I sometimes wonder myself where I fit in, buts it’s more to do with getting Older and the children not needing me as they use to. On a spiritual level I honestly believe that God can and does use me where I am in the moment, oiled be at work, on the way to work, online, in letters to friends, over the phone within my family etc ect. Rita
@Rita We all have our unique role and contribution, as believers...

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am assuming that when someone would state they HATE evangelicalism and sola scriptura... it is in defence of supporting the power of what they call SACRAMENTS ?? Is this the issue here ?? Again... I am not asking for opinions... only the definition of what the problem is.
1. When someone opposes Sola Scriptura, it means that they have been immersed in Catholic tradition. The Protestant Reformers made this the linchpin of their beliefs, and rightly so.

2. When someone promotes the sacraments, that too is a mark of Roman Catholicism. Sacramentalism and Sacerdotalism are hallmarks of the Catholic Church.

3. But if someone hates "Evangelicalism" then what they are saying is that they oppose the preaching of the Gospel, since the "evangel" is the Gospel.

Reactions: Nancy

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I am sorry I do not understand what you have stated... but that is because I do not understand the reference in the first place... I thought you might be telling me... hang out with the prostitutes and the lesser ones... instead of trying to bow down to religion.. in which I would have stated I have hung out with them.. sat on the street corner with drunks... and drug addicts... while sipping coffee with them... telling them that I love them... and that JESUS does love them...... Obviously this is not the scenario for that chat... LOL... too much information... but hey... it's all free...
Sometimes it's hard to understand ppl's comments...

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"...Jesus saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you." Matt 21:31

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
"...Jesus saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you." Matt 21:31
Probably tied into this one

Mat 22:2 The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son,
Mat 22:3 And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and they would not come.
Mat 22:4 Again, he sent forth other servants, saying, Tell them which are bidden, Behold, I have prepared my dinner: my oxen and my fatlings are killed, and all things are ready: come unto the marriage.
Mat 22:5 But they made light of it, and went their ways, one to his farm, another to his merchandise:
Mat 22:6 And the remnant took his servants, and entreated them spitefully, and slew them.
Mat 22:7 But when the king heard thereof, he was wroth: and he sent forth his armies, and destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city.
Mat 22:8 Then saith he to his servants, The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy.
Mat 22:9 Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage.
Mat 22:10 So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.

Reactions: amadeus