For those who think Christ is not God.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is Christ God?

• God

Votes: 31 77.5%
  • Lesser than God

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • A mere Son/Man of God.

Votes: 2 5.0%

• Total voters

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Breath of life has no spiritual significance. Genesis 1:30 just means animals and people alike became living creature...that's all...nothing more.
The Holy Spirit is the breath of life. It’s why he breathed on them, but it was at Pentecost when it was received of men.

Reactions: APAK

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
No, we need to read Matt 1 and understand was "conceived in her" means.

You know, like sperm meets egg.

Not, "concocted in her" etc.

I thought the thread was "Is Christ Jesus God?"

Bereshis (in the Beginning) was the Dvar Hashem [YESHAYAH 55:11; BERESHIS 1:1], and the Dvar Hashem was agav (along with) Hashem [MISHLE 8:30; 30:4], and the Dvar Hashem was nothing less, by nature, than Elohim! [Psa 56:11(10); Yn 17:5; Rev. 19:13]
OJB

Isa 55:11 So shall My Davar (the Word of Hashem) be that goeth forth out of My mouth; He shall not return unto Me reikam (empty, void) but He [the Davar Hashem, see Yn 1:1,14] shall do that which I please, and He [the Davar Hashem] shall accomplish the purpose whereto I sent Him.
.Commentary bomb to redefine the scripture.

Forget the "commentary", read the scriptures, and believe what you read
J.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

If Jesus is God than can you tell me who Jesus was praying to in the garden before he got arrested?

Can you explain why God himself said "This is my son"? Twice, once when Jesus got baptised and once in the transfiguration.

Jesus prayed to God and spoke to God. And God spoke back telling us that he is God's son

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus IS God. He is the Word and was in at the beginning. He spoke the word and it was created.

John 1:1-4
The Word Became Flesh

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind.

So how do people argue against that?

That's very metaphorical. It's a figure of speech. It could mean anything.

Jesus told us repeatedly that he is the son of God... He prayed to God and spoke to God. And God responded by saying "This is my son"

Reactions: APAK

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Another moment to think about is before Jesus died on the cross he said "God why have you abandoned me"

Again he speaks to God and even accuses Him of abandonment.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If Jesus is God than can you tell me who Jesus was praying to in the garden before he got arrested?

Can you explain why God himself said "This is my son"? Twice, once when Jesus got baptised and once in the transfiguration.

Jesus prayed to God and spoke to God. And God spoke back telling us that he is God's son
Cristo...these questions are from a restricted human rational. If we were to rely on that rational for our answers, Mary falling pregnant by the spirit would fall into the category of fantasy/ delusion.

God is invisible by Jesus' own testimony and whats more, he tells us that no man has seen the Father save himself.......so this is my deduction from the available information.....Jesus is the human face/person of God.

Did Adam walk and talk with God?....I think so.....it was also Jesus who John the apostle says created all things.
What is also interesting is that Abraham also saw the human face/person of God.....it must have been who we today know as Jesus.

We need to get over the inane questions we ask to validate our poor understanding and restricted view of God.......an understanding that neither John the Baptist or Jesus shared, otherwise they would never have made statements along the lines of the stones crying out given certain circumstances or them turning into children of Abraham.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Your idea of the Last Adam seems more like the continuation of the first Adam, sharing the DNA of corrupt humanity.

Very simple...

17:5], nevertheless Moshiach did not regard being equal with G-d as a thing to be seized [BERESHIS 3:5],...here we see Christ Jesus is God

Php 2:7 But poured out and emptied himself [2C 8:9],..of what did Christ "emptied" Himself?"

taking the demut of the mode of being of an eved [YESHAYAH 52:13- 53:12 [T.N. see the AVDI TZADDIK TZEMACH DOVID MOSHIACH YIRMEYAH 23:5; ZECHARIAH 3:8],
OJB
  1. and was born in the likeness of Bnei Adam [Yn 1:14; Ro 8:3; MJ 2:14-17], and having been found in appearance as an Adam,

Here we see Christ Jesus Voluntarily became something He was not before, in the likeness of Adam, in His humanity Jesus was depended to His/our Father, to pray to His/our Father whilst still remaining equally God.
This shouldn't be too difficult to grasp, or to understand..

Php 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
Php 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
Php 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
J.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Hi Marks,

Jesus teaching is very clear to me when he says "I am the resurrection and the life" to mean, when we are raised, it's his resurrection we are raised with (not our own i.e any work on our part) i.e his faith, love, hope etc, we are raised through...and of course its his life because Paul states Jesus is the firstborn (first man to be given eternal life) live forever) among men.

Another proof that Jesus is not God is John 5:26 when Jesus said, “The Father hath life in himself”.

The immortality of Jesus is a derived immortality from his Father as he goes on to say here: “So has He (Yahweh) given to the Son (Jesus) to have life in himself.” Firstly this "LIFE" was not previously his otherwise its a puppet show, a fraud. That LIFE was a reward for his obedience to the Father.

This is really important that we don't believe God will give us that power to be a source of life i.e. give that life to others, we are recipients of that life, which God gave to His Son.

With regard to his obedient disciples, the Son of God speaks of “equality,” not, indeed, with God, but “with the angels.” “They which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that age and the resurrection from the dead . . . are equal unto the angels, and are children of God, being the children of the resurrection” (Luke 20:36).

F2F.

You are in error F2F
J.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Cristo...these questions are from a restricted human rational.

You don't like questions.
How about facts.
Jesus prayed and spoke to God.
God spoke back proclaiming "This is my son"
Jesus repeatedly said he is the son of God

Your simply ignoring these facts by using your own human rationale which is flawed.
Address the facts