For those who think Christ is not God.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is Christ God?

• God

Votes: 31 77.5%
  • Lesser than God

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • A mere Son/Man of God.

Votes: 2 5.0%

• Total voters

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since Jesus is not God, and Thomas was an apostle who knew who God is, then obviously your understanding of what is being said is in error Truth. Some versions add and exclamation point, the KJV does not. It is not necessarily right or wrong, it was the translators prerogative as to how it is rendered. It is the readers responsibility to understand it.

Any time a Bible verse contradicts another, then it is always going to be an individuals understanding that is at fault.

Robert say: You are the Christ, the firstborn son of Jehovah. I fully agree with Peter Joe, and I believe you agree with him as well, especially when Jesus confirmed the accuracy of Peters answer v17. It would appear that we agree on this point.

I regularly use that verse to let Jesus say who he is, and I usually couple it with Jeremiah 10:10 which reads: But Jehovah is truly God. He is the living God and the eternal King.
Jesus' name shall be called the mighty God(Is 9:6) and Thomas calls Jesus his God(John 20) and you say Jesus is not God, even with all that God consists of inside Jesus, bodily(Col 2:9), right now?

I trow not.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't like questions.
How about facts.
Jesus prayed and spoke to God.
God spoke back proclaiming "This is my son"
Jesus repeatedly said he is the son of God

Your simply ignoring these facts by using your own human rationale which is flawed.
Address the facts
God in 3 parts ...God the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit. It's not difficult to understand. Look at Genesis chapter one. You'll see God say, "Let us..."

Reactions: Johann

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that is true. I see it all the time. It's easy to twist words to suit your perspective.

That's why actions speak louder than words and Christ's actions are that he speaks and prays to His Father... God
What will you do with all the scriptures that prove Jesus Christ is God? Is your mind rejecting those? I'm asking sincerely. I'm not accusing. But if you read all the posts in this thread, much scriptural evidence has been posted to support that fact.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What will you do with all the scriptures that prove Jesus Christ is God? Is your mind rejecting those? I'm asking sincerely. I'm not accusing. But if you read all the posts in this thread, much scriptural evidence has been posted to support that fact.
If I may, Jesus was made God after his God raised him from the dead. God did not die and resurrect, but God inside Jesus assisted Jesus through the process.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
An old one, yes.

For an occasional word per old English.

Not, redefining Greek words.

They is what they is.

"Was made" is not to be found in Webster, "Ward is the next word, I think and 'begotten' is also not there...what now?
J.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What?
Are you saying Jesus didn't talk and pray to God?
Are you saying that God did not say "This is my son"?
Are these not facts now
No one is saying that. God the Son prayed/talked to God the Father.

Last edited:

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Was made" is not to be found in Webster, "Ward is the next word, I think and 'begotten' is also not there...what now?
J.
You do not know what "was made" means?

You have to look it up?

Good thing you don't work in manufacturing, huh?

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It has nothing to do with my understanding F2F, we dare not lean to our own understanding, it is dangerous and the narrow way is hemned in, thlipses, full of obstacles.
What I DO see, is a lot of philosophizing re the Scriptures, not believing what stands written, Perfect Tense, and a whole lotta worldly terminologies foreign to scripture.
J.
More of the same. As you said, I am in error, but you unable to show how or why...not much of a repartee really.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, the son of God.

No such thing as God the son".

Completely opposite meanings.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
You do not know what "was made" means?

That's why you need the morphology of the Koine Greek and familiarize yourself with the Syntax, the arrangement of words in sentences, clauses, and phrases, and the study of the formation of sentences and the relationship of their component parts, armed with a good dictionary...
J.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A formula of Anselm's implying that the intelligibility of Christian doctrine can only become evident after belief in it.
J.
He got that from me (lol):

full

And guess where I got it from?:

full