For those who think Christ is not God.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is Christ God?

• God

Votes: 31 77.5%
  • Lesser than God

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • A mere Son/Man of God.

Votes: 2 5.0%

• Total voters

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are no scriptures that prove Jesus is God, only scriptures that prove Jesus is the Only Begotten Son of God. The Only Begotten Son of God is divine but he's not God.
Wow, what an absolute refusal to read and accept the scriptures!! There has been an ABUNDANCE of scriptural proof presented in this thread.

Reactions: Johann

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't count anyone as brethren in Christ who doesn't believe in Him. Period.

Reactions: Johann

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 3:23
[23]For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 5:12
[12]Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

Who of you believes these words are true? What does the phrase mean... "All have sinned"? Or ... "All have sinned and fallen shirt of the glory of God."

If you place Jesus as a mere man, then you must, according to these verses, believe that He has sinned.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Likeness..remember likeness!
There was NO propensity to sin in Christ Jesus.
J.
What precisely did God condemn in His Son them? And why?
Likeness..remember likeness!
There was NO propensity to sin in Christ Jesus.
J.
You have a problem then and it's large enough for you to still be in your sins.

If Jesus didn't have our nature then what was it that God condemned in him?

I've had hundreds of conversations like this one over the years and you know J, I can show you so many verses stating Jesus had our very nature and do you know how many you can show me that he had something different? Zero, not one, notta a thing! All you can do at best is get a little creative with the greek.

Therefore, it was necessary for Jesus to be made in every respect like us, his brothers and sisters, so that he could be our merciful and faithful High Priest before God. Then he could offer a sacrifice that would take away the sins of the people. Hebrews 2:17

I'll keep posting up the verses until I see your white flag!

Enjoy.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

[12]Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

Who of you believes these words are true? What does the phrase mean... "All have sinned"? Or ... "All have sinned and fallen shirt of the glory of God."

If you place Jesus as a mere man, then you must, according to these verses, believe that He has sinned.

Read it carefully...death = mortality = inherited sin nature and its onlu in that nature that we sin.

For if the many died through the transgression of the one man, how much more did the grace of God and the gift by the grace of the one man Jesus Christ multiply to the many Romans 5:19

Jesus had our nature but never gave in to its desires....still died though and needed redemption from the grave.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Nobody knows the exact date but Chirstians all over the world celebrate his birth on Dec 25th.

Joy, don't answer back, 00.22 in the morning here.
Stay blessed in Christ Jesus, rooted and grounded in Him sister.
See you tomorrow
J.

Last edited:

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

Grace, don't yield and do not answer, see you tomorrow sister, very late here...
Your brother in Christ.
J.

Reactions: TLHKAJ and Pearl

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You will never see a white flag from me F2F
I salute my sister in Christ
See ya tomorrow
Shalom and God bless.
J.
It's the type of hard headiness the Pharisees showed but Christ kept on teaching!
May God open your mind a fraction wider in the morning ;)

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
...forgetting..
Heb 10:5
A body didst thou prepare for me (sōma katērtisō moi).
J.
What type of body Johann? A hybrid?

The questions are mounting up on you Johann but here is another:

Hebrews 2:9: "But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man".

Did Jesus taste the same death you eventually will Johann? Be very careful how you answer that one...get that wrong and you have just removed your sacrifice for sins!

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Okay. I can live with that.

I believe the strongest of all the verses and context is found in Hebrews 9:12 where Paul focuses in on Christ being the supreme sacrifice for sin.

"Neither by the blood of goats or calves, but by his own blood he (Jesus) entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us". The two words, "for us", are not in the original. "Having obtained in himself eternal redemption." In Philippians 2:8 its even more expressive "He became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him." I think you will see the issue here with the Trinity as one who holds such teaching must say Christ did not benefit from his own death and was exalted by reason of his submission. My view, which is supported by the above verses, is that Jesus, in saving us, was also saved...not in a sense of him needing saving from sin, but saved from death itself. I believe its on this basis God's righteousness was rightly declared on our nature as per Romans 3:25.

Note on Hebrews 9:12 "obtained; secured"

tn This verb occurs in the Greek middle voice, which here intensifies the role of the subject, Christ, in accomplishing the action: “he alone secured”; “he and no other secured.”

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus was born with your nature Christians...you need to own this but be warned the trinity cannot work if you have God condemning God.

As Paul says, Jesus came in "the seed of David according to the flesh" (Romans 1:3)

It's essential he did if he was to be the firstborn among his brethren.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I'll keep posting up the verses until I see your white flag!

Enjoy.
For those who truly know Him as the Holy Spirit and the scriptures reveal Him, there is never any white flag.

Reactions: Pearl

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
For those who truly know Him as the Holy Spirit and the scriptures reveal Him, there is never any white flag.
The zealots wouldn't listen to him and in AD70 ended up eating their own children - correct, no white flags.
John 8:43 applied

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I need to catch up on this thread. I have had some family business to tend to for several days. I've missed most of the last several pages.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I need to catch up on this thread. I have had some family business to tend to for several days. I've missed most of the last several pages.

The OP is still in view...at present we are focusing in on the true nature of Christ that he was fully man and not God. Some can see while others will eat their young :eek: before submitting to truth.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is God. The whole Bible from Genesis to Revelation supports that. I stand on that truth. No one can or ever will move me from that stand.

I have to get back to my family business.
Later, y'all....

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus is God. The whole Bible from Genesis to Revelation supports that. I stand on that truth. No one can or ever will move me from that stand.

I have to get back to my family business.
Later, y'all....

1 John 4:1 is what we are doing. Out of interest, if you were informed that your foundation was error would you be willing to accept truth, or would your pride destroy you?