For those who think Christ is not God.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is Christ God?

• God

Votes: 31 77.5%
  • Lesser than God

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • A mere Son/Man of God.

Votes: 2 5.0%

• Total voters

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Context is king.

The people were in no doubt as to the cause for death in the camp, for they cried out: “We have sinned, for we have spoken against the Lord ...” (Numbers 21:7). The remedy was to look in faith upon a serpent of brass lifted up upon a pole.

What is the relationship between their sin, a serpent of brass and the Lord Jesus Christ?
Flesh.

Reactions: face2face

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There was nothing of “the serpent” in Jesus in character, as there was with the serpents and generation of vipers who crucified him!!! Matthew 12:34 , both serpent & brass represent human nature i.e. sin’s flesh! There was no “iniquity” in Jesus in the sense of actual transgression; but there was in the sense of his partaking of flesh and blood Hebrews 2:14-17; Romans 8:1-3, of being “made sin for us.” 2 Corinthians 5:21 In this sacrificial putting to death of sin’s flesh, sin was condemned in the flesh; and in the resurrection of the Holy One to life eternal “the judgment of this world” and the “casting out of the prince of this world” was perfected - John 10:18: John 12:31: John 14:30: John 16:11.

This is the hidden wisdom God reveals to His beloved children.

Jesus can't be God.

Last edited:

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I myself believe while there on his cross the vail that was rent was actually his flesh. Hebrews tells us it is the way we enter in.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 10:19-20 KJV
[19] Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, [20] By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hebrews 10:19-20 KJV
[19] Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, [20] By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;
The great debate in this forum is what type of flesh?
If not ours and God didn't triumph over it, then he couldn't enter and we have lost our new and living way. The issue for many here is the trinity robs them of their perfect sacrifice and access to God.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If not ours and God didn't triumph over it, then he couldn't enter and we have lost our new and living way. The issue for many here is the trinity robs them of their perfect sacrifice and access to God.
Not too mention Robbing Jesus of his humanity. How could we even relate too him?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By the way your tag to me did not work WoH. I just happened to see this post of yours. When the tag is underlined it is configured correctly. And mine was not underlined. I've found this is also happening to others who have tried to tag me

so all must be underscored, I didnt know know. Thanks!@APAK

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s a big issue.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Not too mention Robbing Jesus of his humanity. How could we even relate too him?
We couldn't and he us. The incarnation cannot work if you have God declaring His Righteousness in Himself...for victory it had to in a man fully flesh and blood who is aging and will eventually die of old age but in our Lords case, crucifixion.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We couldn't and he us. The incarnation cannot work if you have God declaring His Righteousness in Himself...for victory it had to in a man fully flesh and blood who is aging and will eventually die of old age but in our Lords case, crucifixion.
The thing that still bothers me to this day, and He has yet to answer. Is why no one recognized him upon resurrection?

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The thing that still bothers me to this day, and He has yet to answer. Is why no one recognized him upon resurrection?
That's a good question. My belief is Jesus look absolutely ragged at 33 years of age. I think we get some insight into his appearance here:

he (Jesus) had no stately form or majesty that might catch our attention, no special appearance that we should want to follow him. Isaiah 53:2 (there is a range of interpretations on this verse)

The context is in the previous verse "he was a root out of dry ground" - to me it shows a Jesus rejected, weary and worn out, "No form or comeliness" in the AV.

The resurrected Christ would look entirely revived and renewed now being Flesh and Spirit.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's a good question. My belief is Jesus look absolutely ragged at 33 years of age. I think we get some insight into his appearance here:

he (Jesus) had no stately form or majesty that might catch our attention, no special appearance that we should want to follow him. Isaiah 53:2 (there is a range of interpretations on this verse)

The context is in the previous verse "he was a root out of dry ground" - to me it shows a Jesus rejected, weary and worn out, "No form or comeliness" in the AV.

The resurrected Christ would look entirely revived and renewed now being Flesh and Spirit.
John said he appeared as a lamb slain.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Context is king.

The people were in no doubt as to the cause for death in the camp, for they cried out: “We have sinned, for we have spoken against the Lord ...” (Numbers 21:7). The remedy was to look in faith upon a serpent of brass lifted up upon a pole.

What is the relationship between their sin, a serpent of brass and the Lord Jesus Christ?
Well the common denominator to both types, of faith in the snake and pole and Christ on the Cross is that both concerned people with their natural human bias or tendency to sin. This was the reason for their existence to know what sin causes, death, physical, mental and spiritual.

Further, the former could not take their sins away permanently, as they had to keep looking physically up to the snake, to maintain and keep them sinlessness in the eyes of the LORD and that was impossible to do. It was designed as an imperfect and temporary solution to their sin problem. The snake was an imperfect and tainted sacrifice and reflected the spiritual condition of those placing their faith in it. Imperfection having faith in an imperfect image or reflection that can never truly save anyone.

It was a crude learning and training ground if you will for mankind to know and depend on the LORD as their Saviour.

The latter could take their sins away permanently as those that believed genuinely could keep the spirit of Christ within themselves in heart and spirit as their Saviour . And they 'looked up' to him in faith, in spirit and mind. It was designed for perfection, permanent sinlessness and eternal life.

Last edited:

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you can't see the symbol of the serpent and it carries no meaning in Christ?

He who knew no sin became sin. That is what is represented by the serpent. Our sins were laid on Him.

2 Corinthians 5:21
[21]For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Isaiah 53:7-12
[7]He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.
[8]He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.
[9]And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.
[10]Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.
[11]He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.
[12]Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

Reactions: farouk