Forgiveness is to those who keep the commandments of the Lord.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
From here to Kingdom come.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes , we’ll- intentioned, But Ignorant and Confused people will not allow a Newbie five minutes to bask in the Love and Grace of God Before they grab them with their nasty tentacles and completely shipwreck and strangle their Faith

How dramatic, lol.

First, will you please show us who did as you claim?

Then realize, had you and yours not taught them a false Gospel to begine with, what you claim would never happen.

Osiris

May 10, 2021
Oakland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s true.....one must “do good” to get to Heaven.....Paul said that if you simply Believe the Gospel Of Grace, Found In 1Cor15:1-4 , you will be Saved.....If both are True, and they are.....Trusting in the Gospel Plus Nothing must encompass “Doing Good”......

In the same manner, “Repentance” is also built- in to Faith in the Gospel....If a person did not believe the Gospel and God opened their hearts and they underwent a “ mind-Change” whereby they later Believed the Good News....they have done all the repenting that they ever need to do.....

Get everything necessary to be Saved behind you—- REST in the Gospel...you will
Wind up Light Years ahead of “ being good” —- you will be “ Perfect” in the eyes of God....and “ perfection” is the Standard if you want to go down the road of Performance....

As for myself? I don’t worry about any “ performance”......I rely on Grace and like Paul, “ I don’t hold back on it”..... but that’s just me.....I am so impressed with “ HIS” Performance, I don’t have the time to pay much attention to mine...
People have to stop worshipping Paul over Christ

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People have to stop worshipping Paul over Christ

We are told to “ Follow Paul, as he follows Christ.....”

Paul never wrote anything in Scripture that Jesus did not Tell him to say...

Essentially, if Paul said it—- Jesus said it ....Paul was Jesus “ Secretary” after His Ascension....

Nobody worships Paul......

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How dramatic, lol.

First, will you please show us who did as you claim?

Then realize, had you and yours not taught them a false Gospel to begine with, what you claim would never happen.

Teaching “ False Gospels?” Lol......and you call me “ dramatic”.....Here’s some more Drama for you—-Pfffffttttt.....

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are told to “ Follow Paul, as he follows Christ.....”

Paul never wrote anything in Scripture that Jesus did not Tell him to say...

Essentially, if Paul said it—- Jesus said it ....Paul was Jesus “ Secretary” after His Ascension....

Nobody worships Paul......
No one should follow Paul . Nor did he intend as much.
Paul meant to follow his example as one who serves Christ.

We are to follow Jesus only.John 4:14

What Does the Bible Say About Jesus Follow Me?

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please stop teaching a false gospel and then complaining about how those who believe it are treated.

My Gospel is the Same As Paul’s.....
Yours is not ......can you say “ Jesus Saves.Period?” THAT is the Gospel .

Or do you say “ Jesus Saves.....BUT!” ......anything on the other side of that “ but” is an ADDITION to the Gospel .....it is where Christianity ends and Religion begins...your true belief is that Jesus might be “ essential” fo Salvation.....He Just ain’t “ sufficient” for Salvation, in and of Himself.....you make yourself “ Co- Savior” by your avoidance of Willful Sins and the “ Luck” to have a Super Memory so that you can repent of all of your sins before you die....God ain’t gonna have it....It really is “ Nothing But The Blood”—- you hypocrites sing it, but would not actually “ believe” for all of the money in the world.....it would take FAITH to do that.....at the present , you are “ Fallen from Grace” and dont even know it....

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My Gospel is the Same As Paul’s.....
Yours is not ......can you say “ Jesus Saves.Period?” THAT is the Gospel .

Or do you say “ Jesus Saves.....BUT!” ......anything on the other side of that “ but” is an ADDITION to the Gospel .....it is where Christianity ends and Religion begins...your true belief is that Jesus might be “ essential” fo Salvation.....He Just ain’t “ sufficient” for Salvation, in and of Himself.....you make yourself “ Co- Savior” by your avoidance of Willful Sins and the “ Luck” to have a Super Memory so that you can repent of all of your sins before you die....God ain’t gonna have it....It really is “ Nothing But The Blood”—- you hypocrites sing it, but would not actually “ believe” for all of the money in the world.....it would take FAITH to do that.....at the present , you are “ Fallen from Grace” and dont even know it....

You twist the true Gospel to be what you want it to be. Everyone here has seen you attempt to fool readers by you changing the meaning of words, and pointing that out to them should be all I need to do here to make my case.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You twist the true Gospel to be what you want it to be. Everyone here has seen you attempt to fool readers by you changing the meaning of words, and pointing that out to them should be all I need to do here to make my case.

The True Gospel is 1cor15:1-4...... It’s all about what a Loving God does for lost, Sinful men—— it’s NOT about anything man does for God .....if this Truth is an attempt by me to “fool” readers...I am content with it....You need to google.... “ Harry Ironsides Gospel”..... i guess he is a Deceiver too.....I pray that God opens your eyes....

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The True Gospel is 1cor15:1-4...... It’s all about what a Loving God does for lost, Sinful men—— it’s NOT about anything man does for God .....if this Truth is an attempt by me to “fool” readers...I am content with it....You need to google.... “ Harry Ironsides Gospel”..... i guess he is a Deceiver too.....I pray that God opens your eyes....

None of that changes your actions, and what they mean.

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The "attempt" I refered to was you trying to fool readers with something other than what you mention, but watch this folks, if you look carefully you can see the deception:

Now you are trying to get others to believe I called your "all about what a Loving God does for lost, Sinful men" an attempt to deceive, when I absolutely did not. Another out and out twist of the truth, or a lie to try to gain sympathy from those you are trying to decieve.

You all are constantly clarifying what you are....deceivers.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The "attempt" I refered to was you trying to fool readers with something other than what you mention, but watch this folks, if you look carefully you can see the deception:

Now you are trying to get others to believe I called your "all about what a Loving God does for lost, Sinful men" an attempt to deceive, when I absolutely did not. Another out and out twist of the truth, or a lie to try to gain sympathy from those you are trying to decieve.

You all are constantly clarifying what you are....deceivers.

We’ll just have to let God , in His Due Time , expose who the “ Deceivers” are..... meanwhile, I will continue to sleep like a baby,....

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are the people you labored for in the field and building of God that won't make it through the coming judgement.

okay, I let it simmer for a few days and I finally at least see how you are seeing it. But...I still see it differently. I see it as the works being burned up are things you did in your own strength, while sitting in your own flesh, as opposed to the things done by the grace and power of walking in the Spirit, not while sitting in your own flesh.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
okay, I let it simmer for a few days and I finally at least see how you are seeing it. But...I still see it differently. I see it as the works being burned up are things you did in your own strength, while sitting in your own flesh, as opposed to the things done by the grace and power of walking in the Spirit, not while sitting in your own flesh.
The key here is, what is the work that gets burned up? If I built a house or planted and watered and cared for a field, what work gets burned up in the event that my work did get burned up?

One time I had a chance to lead a Bible study at church. I brought in one of my sons popsicle stick creations he made in elementary school and I asked everyone in the class to 'test the quality of my work' (for purposes of discussion, I said I made it). Not a one of them came to me to test the quality of my work. They all inspected that which I had built......

"the fire will prove the quality of each man’s work." 1 Corinthians 3:13

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The key here is, what is the work that gets burned up? If I built a house or planted and watered and cared for a field, what work gets burned up in the event that my work did get burned up?

One time I had a chance to lead a Bible study at church. I brought in one of my sons popsicle stick creations he made in elementary school and I asked everyone in the class to 'test the quality of my work' (for purposes of discussion, I said I made it). Not a one of them came to me to test the quality of my work. They all inspected that which I had built......

"the fire will prove the quality of each man’s work." 1 Corinthians 3:13

The work that gets burned up is the shoddy work, I.e. not built well and correctly. The work that gets burned up is the work built incorrectly and on the wrong foundation (my strength rather than His).

How will He say I never knew you to men who worked by the power of the Holy Spirit? He won’t. He will say I never knew you to men working in their own strength.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The work that gets burned up is the shoddy work, I.e. not built well and correctly. The work that gets burned up is the work built incorrectly and on the wrong foundation (my strength rather than His).

How will He say I never knew you to men who worked by the power of the Holy Spirit? He won’t. He will say I never knew you to men working in their own strength.
The work that gets burned up because it was built shoddy, not well, and incorrectly is not the laborer himself. It's the work itself, in this case, the Corinthians he's building up.....

Are you not the result of my work in the Lord? 1 Corinthians 9:1
He's telling them this for a reason. False teachers are coming into their church and trying to win them over. He's showing them he has every reason to want to bring them the right gospel and build them up into people who will make it through the coming judgment by fire. He has no reward to look forward to if he builds them up into people who won't pass through the coming judgment. He himself will be saved, but he'll have no reward in the kingdom for his labor here on earth. That potential reward being them (1 Thessalonians 2:19).

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Precious friend, IF you are referring to The Bema Seat Judgment for
ALL "members {faithful And Unfaithful}" of The Body Of CHRIST?:

"Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man
shall receive his own reward according to his own labour. For we
are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are
God's building. According to The GRACE Of God which is given
unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid The Foundation,
and another buildeth Thereon.

But let every man take heed how he buildeth Thereupon. For other
foundation can no man lay than that is laid, Which Is JESUS CHRIST.
Now IF any man build upon This Foundation gold, silver, precious
stones, wood, hay, stubble; Every man's work shall be made manifest:

for The {JUDGMENT} DAY shall declare it, because it shall be revealed
by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

If any man's work abide which he hath built Thereupon,
he shall receive a reward...

1Co_3 : 15:

...IF ANY {JUSTIFIED as righteous, but UNfaithful} man's work shall be burned,
he shall suffer loss:

BUT he himself SHALL BE SAVED; yet so as by fire." (1_Corinthians 3 : 8-15 KJB!)

Q: How is it that CHRIST Says to "The SAVED" "I never knew you?"

Be Blessed!

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, but I appreciate the response.

Here, let me try it this way: As I have argued before, a child who has problems in one area but normally does all his father asks him to can still be rightly and properly referred to as an obedient child. In other words, while he may not walk in PERFECT obedience to the Father, he leads a life characterized by obedience. This is what our Heavenly Father is after as well. He knows we will not be perfect for we are human beings. But He does expect a life characterized by obedience, in an attempt to conform ourselves to His image.

In Post #4 Amazed@grace posited that we cannot keep the hundreds of commandments put forth in the Old Testament. I responded that the OP has already accounted for this by saying those hundreds of OT commandments were summed up in the second greatest, so it is not a matter of keeping hundreds but only a few that overarch and sum them all up.

Now, do you agree then that we are only saved if we choose to lead lives characterized by obedience, or do you feel that we can be saved even if we choose NOT to lead lives characterized by obedience to God?
Hi, I think the question should be....
What is one saved from....
Because sanctification is about being set apart for the work of God, then the saving as we journey on earth is about deliverence from actual sin.