Forgiveness is to those who keep the commandments of the Lord.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can see already that you about to become an excellent “Springboard” to get the True Gospel Of Grace out there for other , poorly taught, Confused people.
I'm sure I've seen someone else in a Christian forum years ago using this term 'springboard' when talking about how false doctrines open up opportunities to get the truth out to people. A tare and a legalist said that about free grace doctrines in the church. Are you borrowing it from them?

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To have your works burned up is a bad thing for YOU.
We will get to that as we continue reading. Are we in agreement of the premise of the passage as I've laid it out? No tricks, no traps. I think you can see I simply restated the plain words of the passage. Right?

Daniel Veler

Apr 17, 2021
Gulf port
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psa 103:12, As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.
Psa 103:13, Like as a father pitieth his children, so the LORD pitieth them that fear him.
Psa 103:14, For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust.
Psa 103:15, As for man, his days are as grass: as a flower of the field, so he flourisheth.
Psa 103:16, For the wind passeth over it, and it is gone; and the place thereof shall know it no more.
Psa 103:17, But the mercy of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children;
Psa 103:18, To such as keep his covenant, and to those that remember his commandments to do them.

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and for ever (Hebrews 13:8).

Jhn 15:12, This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
Jhn 15:13, Greater love hath no man than this,
that a man lay down his life for his friends.
Jhn 15:14, Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

Jesus laid down His life for His friends. You are His friend, if you do what He commands.

What does He command; but that we love one another?

Rom 13:8, Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
Rom 13:9, For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Rom 13:10, Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

We are to "love thy neighbor as thyself"; and this consists of obeying God's commandments:

1Jo 5:3, For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

2Jo 1:6, And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

The God of the Old Testament and the God of the New Testament are one and the same God. Jesus is the same YHWH. (Hebrews 13:8).

So, the commandments in the Old Covenant, as moral tenets which we are to follow, are still valid. They are the commandments of the LORD (Jesus).

Of course, commandments as concerning animal sacrifices are fulfilled in that Jesus died on the Cross as the fulfillment of those types. However, moral tenets are binding when it comes to what we read in the Old Testament. If we love our neighbor as ourselves, we will fulfill them; we will not violate them in our behaviour.

And I will say that the scriptures above do show that forgiveness is applied to those who, as a general rule, keep the commandments of the LORD.

It is not that we are saved through law-keeping.

It is that, if we are truly born again, we are inclined towards obedience.

There is a repentance that must take place in your heart in order to become a recipient of the Lord's forgiveness.

You must become Jesus' friend; and only then has He given His life for you.

You are His friend if you obey His commandments.

Jesus is the God of the Old and New Testaments.

If you love the Lord your God with all of your heart, soul, mind, and strength; and your neighbor as yourself: you will fulfill the righteousness of the law in your behaviour.

You will not be violating any law if you bear the fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23).

The venue by which we obtain this righteousness is apart from the law; nevertheless this righteousness is attested to by the law and the prophets that it is righteousness indeed (Romans 3:21).

You must obtain the Holy Spirit through faith in Christ (Galatians 3:14); and then, as you walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit, the righteousness of the law will be fulfilled in you (Romans 8:4).

There is no law that will condemn your behaviour if you bear the fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23).

So, you will not be disobedient to the commandments of the Lord if you are born again of the Holy Spirit. You will be a friend of Jesus according to the scriptures in question.
Have you obeyed the commandments? The Ten mentioned in the Old Testament. If you violate the least one your guilty of them all. Have you honored God with all your heart? Have you coveted today. Any violation of any your Guilty of them all. The lord said a new covenant will I make. I will take their Stoney heart out and write my commands upon their heart. And cause you to walk in my ways. And they will not be grievous. What commands did God write upon our heart? How did God put his love in our heart. Where did our trust in God come from? These are the gifts of the Holy Sporit.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sure I've seen someone else in a Christian forum years ago using this term 'springboard' when talking about how false doctrines open up opportunities to get the truth out to people. A tare and a legalist said that about free grace doctrines in the church. Are you borrowing it from them?

Nope....it’s a common term.....and I thank YOU for being “ MY” Springboard oft times.....lol...

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope....it’s a common term.....and I thank YOU for being “ MY” Springboard oft times.....lol...
No, I'm pretty sure you're stealing it from somebody from another forum. There's no crime in that. But lying about it is. Are you lying about that? I'm pretty confident that you are borrowing that from someone else.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You didn't answer thw question. Why post obvious scriptire, oh, that's right, to try to confuse the issue, and to help you evade the question. Of course you have to belive in Christ, but you seem to be missing what that entails. Stating a truth, does not negate another truth as you clearly think it does.

John 14:15-31

15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

And that is to say, be obediant to God.

Now, could you please answer the question instead of avoiding it, do we have to do good in order to get to heaven?

No.....you don’t “ have “ to be good to go to Heaven. To go to Heaven you have to do the will of God....that ain’t “ being good” .....it’s by BELIEVING ON THE ONE THAT HE SENT! Here is where you guys get Confused......To “ Believe” shows that you have the Holy Spirit in you....if you possess that Spirit, it’s practically impossible NOT to have it manifested by “doing good”......it's like holding a Radio Active Rock.....whether it shows or not and whether you “ like” it or not...... it is GOING TO affect you!

What you “ have to have” is that Spirit....NOT the RESULT of having that Spirit....we provide the Trust....God provides the Spirit.....the Spirit does not “ change “ us ( Religious people “ change” and the “ changes” come and go)..... anybody can do it. God , via His Holy Spirit ...TRANSFORMS us.....that is a Permanent Change from the “ inside out”,and only God can perform it........Yep , it’s that “ inside of the cup “ thingy that you have probably heard about....it is real....it will happen.....it doe not HAVE to happen , theoretically.....it is the Agent Of Change” the presence of the Holy Spirit, That will determine your Fate....NOT the “ good behaviors” that were a result of that presence....

The REAL changes within “ The Inner man “ may not show for many years ....and the “ changes” that the sometimes self- Righteous “Fruit Inspectors” are looking for May have to take a back seat to the things that God is interested in......perhaps God will decide to concentrate on a person with a mean, bitter Spirit and TRANSFORM that person into a pussy- cat before he causes him to drop that pack of cigarettes....I’ve seen it happen....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I'm pretty sure you're stealing it from somebody from another forum. There's no crime in that. But lying about it is. Are you lying about that? I'm pretty confident that you are borrowing that from someone else.

Sorry Ferris.....I am not Stealing.... not in this case.....I willfully stole an ink pen from my insurance agent a few weeks ago....I Repented later though so I’m still “ worthy” now— SAFE at least .....Right?

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
From here to Kingdom come.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No.....you don’t “ have “ to be good to go to Heaven.

First question - Then why does Christ say we do have do good in order to get to heaven in the following scripture?

John 5:28 “Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice and come out—those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned."

Second question - Are you saying Christ is wrong when he clearly states we must do good in order to get to heaven, and you are right in saying we don't have to do good?

I ask because with you claiming to be Christian, it makes no sense you would flat out disagree with Christ, but it seems you do... baffling.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First question - Then why does Christ say we do have do good in order to get to heaven in the following scripture?

John 5:28 “Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice and come out—those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned."

Second question - Are you saying Christ is wrong when he clearly states we must do good in order to get to heaven, and you are right in saying we don't have to do good?

I ask because with you claiming to be Christian, it makes no sense you would flat out disagree with Christ, but it seems you do... baffling.

It’s true.....one must “do good” to get to Heaven.....Paul said that if you simply Believe the Gospel Of Grace, Found In 1Cor15:1-4 , you will be Saved.....If both are True, and they are.....Trusting in the Gospel Plus Nothing must encompass “Doing Good”......

In the same manner, “Repentance” is also built- in to Faith in the Gospel....If a person did not believe the Gospel and God opened their hearts and they underwent a “ mind-Change” whereby they later Believed the Good News....they have done all the repenting that they ever need to do.....

Get everything necessary to be Saved behind you—- REST in the Gospel...you will
Wind up Light Years ahead of “ being good” —- you will be “ Perfect” in the eyes of God....and “ perfection” is the Standard if you want to go down the road of Performance....

As for myself? I don’t worry about any “ performance”......I rely on Grace and like Paul, “ I don’t hold back on it”..... but that’s just me.....I am so impressed with “ HIS” Performance, I don’t have the time to pay much attention to mine...

Reactions: HisLife

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry Ferris.....I am not Stealing.... not in this case.
No, I'm pretty sure you conveniently borrowed that from someone else on line. 'Borrowing' it is not the point. It's just that you think you're so clever using it. And I cringe every time you use it because I am almost certain I know where you got it from.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I willfully stole an ink pen from my insurance agent a few weeks ago....I Repented later though so I’m still “ worthy” now— SAFE at least .....Right?
Well, you need to sort that out betweenst you, your insurance agent, and God.

As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Ephesians 4:1
Only you know why you willfully stole it. Maybe you did it thinking grace covers it (Galatians 5:13). Maybe you thought it didn't matter because it was just a pen (Luke 16:10).

Last edited:

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As for myself? I don’t worry about any “ performance”......I rely on Grace and like Paul, “ I don’t hold back on it”..... but that’s just me.....I am so impressed with “ HIS” Performance, I don’t have the time to pay much attention to mine...
Then you are not the follower of Paul you have claimed you are.....

Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone. Romans 12:17

I want you to stress these things, so that those who have trusted in God may be careful to devote themselves to doing what is good. Titus 3:8

...you, man of God, flee from all this, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness. 1 Timothy 6:11

Nor of Peter......

...make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control... 2 Peter 1:5-6

Nor the writer of Hebrews (Paul again?).......

We want each of you to show this same diligence to the very end... Hebrews 6:11

You say you purposely sin. And purposely don't do right. Your religion is scary. It's certainly not Biblical as we can see above. Are you a member of a cult living in the jungles of southern Ohio?

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The point is that Zacharias & Elizabeth were able to keep the Law, Blameless! It is not Imposible!
True. And my point is that being righteous according to the law will not save a person. You must have the righteousness which is of God by faith (Philippians 3:8-9) in order to be forgiven of your sins; and you can be certain that you have sinned in times past (Romans 3:2

God Forbid, Salvation comes by Faith, being Obedient just brings blessings.
Even in the OT the word states, if you keep My Commandments ---- Blessed shall you be when you go out, Blessed shall you be when you come in, Blessed shall be the Fruit of your Loin's, blessed shall be the Fruit of your field, blessed shall be the Fruit of your Flocks, Ect ect. there was never any Salvation in keeping the Commandmentd!

I Guess it just Boils down to how Much one truly Love's the God and Savior that Redeamed the whole world by His Shed Blood, Personaly I would do anything that My Savior ask's Me, Like If You Love Me Keep My Commandments!

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But not without sin . Being blameless by the law , meant they also praticed all things required for sin .
One can be blameless according to the law. Simply means if one sins they do the necessary sacrifices to cover that sin .
But it does not mean they never sinned . Folks get that one messed up and often .
Specially our RCC friends who think mary never once sinned .

So by what you have stated, Our Savior who was also Blameless by the Law most likely Sinned.
What!
P.S I have no clue who or what RCC is.
40,000 differant denomanations, I do not know what the Abriviation's are for them all?

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
’s true.....one must “do good” to get to Heaven.....Paul said that if you simply Believe the Gospel Of Grace, Found In 1Cor15:1-4 , you will be Saved.....If both are True, and they are.....Trusting in the Gospel Plus Nothing must encompass “Doing Good”......

Cool, glad to see Im getting somewhere, and you agree we must do good in order to get to heaven.

How bout doing evil? Can we, say, live an evil life after we are saved, and still get to heaven?

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I'm pretty sure you conveniently borrowed that from someone else on line. 'Borrowing' it is not the point. It's just that you think you're so clever using it. And I cringe every time you use it because I am almost certain I know where you got it from.

Lol....My Gosh, Man! Who gives a Rat’s Patootie about this ? I am telling you the Truth....the “ Springboard” thingy is a phrase I can remember hearing in my YOUTH ! And I am 68 years old! Where are you from? Mars! Lol......give it a rest, dude.....cut that pill in half!

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cool, glad to see Im getting somewhere, and you agree we must do good in order to get to heaven.

How bout doing evil? Can we, say, live an evil life after we are saved, and still get to heaven?

We will be “ getting somewhere” when you agree with me that “ doing good” has-more to with Resting in the Gospel than it does trying to be a “ Good Neighbor Sam”.....

Doing Evil? Foolish Believers can “try” to do Evil,but they will find that it’s not compatible with their New Heart.....when they go ahead and do it anyway, Grace covers it as far as Salvation is concerned, but here on Earth God will see that they are Chastised——- “ Chastised” to the point that God can kill them in their tracks......you think God’s gonna be Mocked....lol.....go for it, Fool.....

Last edited:

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We will be “ getting somewhere” when you agree with me that “ doing good” has-more to with Resting in the Gospel than it does trying to be a “ Good Neighbor Sam”.....

No, I'm talking doing good for salvation, like Jesus says we must do, or go to Hell. Do you disagree with Jesus in the verse here, at tn3e end of my posts, when he says we must do good in order to go to heaven?

Doing Evil? Foolish Believers can “try” to do Evil,but they will find that it’s not compatible with their New Heart.....when they go ahead and do it anyway, Grace covers it as far as Salvation is concerned,

Then you are saying they can still go to heaven if they do evil, as a lifestyle, as long as they say they beleive? Or do you agree with Christ in the following scripture, in that, if they do evil, they will be condemened to Hell?

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then you are not the follower of Paul you have claimed you are.....

Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone. Romans 12:17

I want you to stress these things, so that those who have trusted in God may be careful to devote themselves to doing what is good. Titus 3:8

...you, man of God, flee from all this, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness. 1 Timothy 6:11

Nor of Peter......

...make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control... 2 Peter 1:5-6

Nor the writer of Hebrews (Paul again?).......

We want each of you to show this same diligence to the very end... Hebrews 6:11

You say you purposely sin. And purposely don't do right. Your religion is scary. It's certainly not Biblical as we can see above. Are you a member of a cult living in the jungles of southern Ohio?

I “ DO” belong to a “ Cult!”.....it’s called “ The Springboard Cult” where we take the False, Perverted so- called Gospels Of poorly taught, weak and confused “ Believers” and shine a light on them so that Newbies that have yet to be Ruined by The Legalist will at least get the chance to see what True Christianity is.....

Sometimes , we’ll- intentioned, But Ignorant and Confused people will not allow a Newbie five minutes to bask in the Love and Grace of God Before they grab them with their nasty tentacles and completely shipwreck and strangle their Faith—- making them swallow their Perverted gospel Additions Of Hog-Wash such as “ Lucky Repentance”, etc that have the New Acolytes “ bound up” in Legalistic Chains Before they even know it....They quickly become “ Fallen From Grace” and don’t even realize it—- just the way their “ Accursed” or “God - Damned” , so-called “ Teachers” like it....Misery truly dos love company....

Yes, this is the Cult Of Southern Ohio.....we even have a “ Motto”for our Jungle Faith....it goes like this: “ Nothing But The Blood”..... we rejoice in the Fact that we at “ Least” got That much right—— I’d sure hate to be the one on the other side of “ that” debate.....you are All welcome to join the “ Church of the Springboard”, where “ Jesus Saves — No BUTS attached” is the general rule....

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To have your works burned up is a bad thing for YOU.
Not as bad as it will be for the person who gets burned up because your ministry to them was not successful, making it so they can not be your reward on the other side....

For what is our hope, our joy, or the crown in which we will glory in the presence of our Lord Jesus when he comes? Is it not you? 1 Thessalonians 2:19

Do everything without grumbling or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, “children of God... ...then I will be able to boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor in vain. Philippians 2:14-16