Forgiveness is to those who keep the commandments of the Lord.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi, I think the question should be....
What is one saved from....
Because sanctification is about being set apart for the work of God, then the saving as we journey on earth is about deliverence from actual sin.

Alright. I would essentially agree. It is about more than just being delivered from sin.

So how do you relate that to my post?

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Alright. I would essentially agree. It is about more than just being delivered from sin.

So how do you relate that to my post?
Well I'll tell you my thoughts...I am sure they are not all pieced together perfectly so you are welcome to correct me if I go astray.

First let me start with the old Covenant and what I think I know...

The coverings were for people who regarded the law...anybody who despised it by the testimony of 2 or 3 witnesses died without mercy. They didn't seem to be forgiven because they died...smile
What was the Covenant all about? And I'd say God taking care of those who trusted Him through obedience [doing what He said].
Those people are us in the sense that they were called out to live holy before God.
And I believe God calls people out of the world to Christ to be set apart for Himself.
So those who believes the testimony of the Father concerning who the son is are given life
Once alive in the Kingdom we learn how to live around God with the Spirit He gave us.
Forgiveness of sin is grace to grow towards the transforming of our hearts to the image of Christ. We can uphold the Law through the faith of Christ, which is obedience to the Father through the Spirit[life] of the Son. So while the Penalty of Sin was taken care of by His death, the issue is now continuing to stay cleansed. It is an issue because apart from God we can do nothing. We must stay connected. The blood it seems is life for life.
Another words it's applied as you give up yours. When one is giving up their own it is because they are learning how to live around God through obeying the teachings of Christ and doing what he did. Ultimately love seeks not it's own. The habits of the flesh will only transform as our heart does...so we need the grace of God which includes more than forgiveness...but certainly forgiveness..but it is because it is our conscience that is the problem..For we are esentially what we do
And what we do does not immediately change overnight. So as it is written a mind set on God is peace...not because you are perfect, but you chose to trust God to bring you through. Without a clear conscience before God there is no assurance. The Joy of the Lord is our strength....

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Forgiveness of sin is grace to grow towards the transforming of our hearts to the image of Christ. We can uphold the Law through the faith of Christ, which is obedience to the Father through the Spirit[life] of the Son. So while the Penalty of Sin was taken care of by His death, the issue is now continuing to stay cleansed. It is an issue because apart from God we can do nothing. We must stay connected. The blood it seems is life for life.
Another words it's applied as you give up yours. When one is giving up their own it is because they are learning how to live around God through obeying the teachings of Christ and doing what he did. Ultimately love seeks not it's own. The habits of the flesh will only transform as our heart does...so we need the grace of God which includes more than forgiveness...but certainly forgiveness..but it is because it is our conscience that is the problem..For we are esentially what we do
And what we do does not immediately change overnight. So as it is written a mind set on God is peace...not because you are perfect, but you chose to trust God to bring you through. Without a clear conscience before God there is no assurance. The Joy of the Lord is our strength....

This is astonishingly good in my opinion, especially a life for a life, and that we are saved by grace to walk in a newness of Life, and if we do not continue to allow ourselves to be transformed we have essentially broken covenant with Him by no longer allowing Christ to be Lord over our lives. If we would stay in the New Covenant, it involves continuing to take up our cross daily and die to self that He might live. Anything else is not even understanding what the covenant is, for in the communion He ordained that we take Christ within us and recognize that He has died for us and for all others who are part of His body.

I'm pleased with your response. In the future, you should try to include scriptural reference when you present this, because it is more firmly based on scripture than might appear to many on the surface. But judging from this post alone (not having read any of your other posts) I believe your argument is a sound one.

God bless,
- H

Reactions: Corlove13

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
From here to Kingdom come.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The OP states:

And there are those who would disagree, but is seems to me, if this verse was true.....

If you love me, you will keep my commandments John 14:15

....and I believe it is true, then, in turn, at least as a general rule, if we do not keep his commandments, then we do not love him. And it also seems sensable that if we do not love the lord, then he will not forgive us our sins.

Meaning, very simply at least by my logic, the title of the thread is 100% true...completely irrefutable.

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The OP states:

And there are those who would disagree, but is seems to me, if this verse was true.....

....and I believe it is true, then, in turn, at least as a general rule, if we do not keep his commandments, then we do not love him. And it also seems sensable that if we do not love the lord, then he will not forgive us our sins.

Meaning, very simply at least by my logic, the title of the thread is 100% true...completely irrefutable.
I do not believe we can come to God any kind of way....God I believes wants obedience over sacrifice...another words you can present an offering but if your heart is not right in doing it does it really mean anything....

You know like in a relationship.. a man who cheated...comes back and buys the woman a ring but He is not truly repenative if in His heart he still intends to cheat.

So yes I would take the ring...lol but probably if He continues divorce Him..

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The OP states:

That passage, I read, was not like...if you love me you will do what I say...But because of Love....

1st Timothy 1:14
And the grace of our Lord was exceedingly abundant, with faith and love which are in Christ Jesus.