Forgiveness vs Atonement

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The man makes claims that other religoins have no need to repent and to beleive on CHRIST JESUS .
That very fact alone lets me know he preaches another gosple and it is a gospel that is no gospel
and it will not save but rather will damn all who beleive it .
SO again i will leave us with these words of truth . BELIEVE YE ON CHRIST JESUS , or its all in vain .
And let us make sure and examine its the JESUS in the bible , we do love and follow .
Amen!!..in Jesus Name.

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not to speak for others, only myself.

I don't believe we are intended to do any works to become born again, or to remain born again, I believe the ONE work that was necessary for our rebirth was Jesus Christ's obedience unto death on the cross.

Your definition of work includes the wording, "in order to achieve a result", so I'd ask, what is the result we are looking for? I would answer I'm looking for God's work to be done in the earth through me. I'm looking to fulfill those works pre-ordained by God, unto which I was created in Christ Jesus. What is the intended outcome? That more people will know God more fully, and in so doing, experience a better life here, in righteousness and holiness, and receive a better resurrection in the world to come.

I study the Scriptures because I want to know God as fully as I can. Is it work? Yes, in that it's something I do. But not to gain God's favor, or to maintain my eternal life (stay saved), rather to know Him, and to cooperate with the renewing of my mind.

Did God download the mind of Christ into us? Interesting question, considering Jesus lives in me, and is working conforming me to be like Him, with His mind. The renewing of the mind, rebuilding my mind away from the flesh mind, towards the mind of Christ.

Regarding "going to God", that's always struck me as a strange thing considering how I live my life. It was when I realized the seriousness of this passage,

Romans 6:10-12 KJV
10) For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
11) Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
12) Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.

Being reconciled to God means that we are never separated from Him, and therefore rightly say we are alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord. Which is to say whatever I think, do, or say, I do in front of my Father, Who is right now paying attention to me, knowing exactly what is happening with me, and infinitely better than I do.

Maybe the idea is in the passage, that we may boldly come before the throne of grace to find timely help, I've found it's good just to stay there. I think this idea of going before the throne of grace has a lot to do with how we think of God, and our relationship to Him, considering that Jesus promised us that Himself, the Holy Spirit, the Father Himself, would live in us.

Romans 8:15-16 KJV
15) For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16) The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

It's by His Spirit that we cry, Abba, Father, as the Spirit bears witness with our spirit, in crying out to God as our Dear Father. How can we separate the two, His Spirit, and our spirit?

I see the same thing here,

Galatians 2:20 KJV
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

My life is now His life in me.

Let's just live our lives camped out at God's throne, trusting in Jesus, that we are fully reconciled, living in His grace in which we stand.

Much love!
Well said ! :Bestest:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh right...so you don’t teach, that we must be Born Again, to have that living relationship with God through the Holy Spirit?
Be on gaurd he has a different verison of what it means to have been born again . He believes other religoins can be born again
WITHOUT having to believe on JESUS CHRIST . watch out . Epi is slick with words at times .
I have watched him for a long, long time . Both correcting him and praying for him . But the man has greatly withstood the simple
words of Truth . Not only that but he is actually doubling down all his efforts against this simple truth i speak
and calls it RELIGOIN AND EGO . And yet the last time i checked i have never once pointed to me
BUT RATHER i contiunally remind ONE MUST BELIEVE ON JESUS CHRIST . Epi calls that RELIGOIN and EGO .
And yet His ego has him picking up his own cross and teaching things like THE dire need to FIRST have BELEIVED ON JESUS CHRIST
who was FIRST CRUCIFIED ON SAID CROSS .IS NOT NECESSARY . A LIE , THAT IS A LIE This man is a dire grave danger . I do not hate epi
and i do not wish death upon him . BUT what he teaches is deadly dangerous .
WHO are we TO EVER ONCE THINK we dont NEED CHRIST , oh we dont need to believe on HIM
HEY WE CAN DO THIS OURSELF . THAT IS RELIGOIN < THAT IS EGO RIGHT THERE . as for me
I shall not CEASE to continually remind all YE MUST BELEIVE IN JESUS CHRIST or ITS ALL IN VAIN .

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The opposite is true,
lol.. You do not read your posts do you
of course. I counsel people to seek the Lord. I promote the true Christ...and how that we taste of His goodness in order to seek after Him to be filled with the fullness of God. You see that as "works". Why? You only have a religious belief that is fully outside any knowledge of God. So it's easier for you to sear your conscience by describing faith in God as works. Every thing you say has to be filtered through the sin nature...so then whatever you state, the opposite is true.
No

I see work as something you do to earn something. Just like God sees works.

I see works as a good thing (works of righteousness as we learn to walk like Christ)

and I see works as an evil thing (works of righteousness to earn or maintain salvation)

but you can;t see what we really believe. because you again would have to admit your wrong.

your to proud to even contemplate that

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Be on gaurd he has a different verison of what it means to have been born again . He believes other religoins can be born again
WITHOUT having to believe on JESUS CHRIST . watch out . Epi is slick with words at times .
I have watched him for a long, long time . Both correcting him and praying for him . But the man has greatly withstood the simple
words of Truth . Not only that but he is actually doubling down all his efforts against this simple truth i speak
and calls it RELIGOIN AND EGO . And yet the last time i checked i have never once pointed to me
BUT RATHER i contiunally remind ONE MUST BELIEVE ON JESUS CHRIST . Epi calls that RELIGOIN and EGO .
And yet His ego has him picking up his own cross and teaching things like THE dire need to FIRST have BELEIVED ON JESUS CHRIST
who was FIRST CRUCIFIED ON SAID CROSS .IS NOT NECESSARY . A LIE , THAT IS A LIE This man is a dire grave danger . I do not hate epi
and i do not wish death upon him . BUT what he teaches is deadly dangerous .
WHO are we TO EVER ONCE THINK we dont NEED CHRIST , oh we dont need to believe on HIM
HEY WE CAN DO THIS OURSELF . THAT IS RELIGOIN < THAT IS EGO RIGHT THERE . as for me
I shall not CEASE to continually remind all YE MUST BELEIVE IN JESUS CHRIST or ITS ALL IN VAIN .
Praise God that you are standing on his word....

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let no one fool you, no one can partake of Christ without entering into Christ and running in the race of faith. Those who sit on the sidelines and mock those who run to win, are there merely as an audience that makes cat calls and generic peanut gallery comments. No need to take any of these seriously. :joyful:
I can agree with this.
There are many here whom do just this. It's like armchair lawyers and football coaching, from the sidelines.
Do as I say, not as I do !

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lol.. You do not read your posts do you

No

I see work as something you do to earn something. Just like God sees works.

I see works as a good thing (works of righteousness as we learn to walk like Christ)

and I see works as an evil thing (works of righteousness to earn or maintain salvation)

but you can;t see what we really believe. because you again would have to admit your wrong.

your to proud to even contemplate that
again he thinks he is preaching the true christ . Sure he does teach some true things JESUS did say
YET HE OMITS THE FACT JESUS also SAID YE MUST BELEIVE . this is nothing more than ego and religoin that epi teaches .
As for me , ITS JESUS CHRIST I will point too , which would include his teachings .
EPI does as many do . THEY canteach some points of truth , they can make some points
AND YET all the while STILL KNOW NOT THE TRUTH at ALL .
ITs nothing more than RELIGOIN and EGO . Heck even the false budda taught a few truths
he made mention of the golden rule , YET NEVER ONCE ACKNOWLEDGE or ACKNOWLEDGE JESUS AS THE ONLY WAY TO GOD
AS THE CHRIST . Its all in vain . This is nothing more
than a religion that in essence teaches us aspects of the truth , YET NEVER KNOWS THE TRUTH .
I happen to know of one who did the same thing IN the garden .
Watch this and behold .
The serpent lied when he had told eve SURELY YE SHALL NOT DIE
But he told a twisted truth too . YE shall become as gods knowing good and evil .
LATER GOD himself said THEY have become as one of us . SEE satan can use scripture , BUT BEWARE HOW HE USES IT .
Remember when he told JESUS . HE quoted scriptures . YE shall not dash even your foot against a stone
AND YET what was he trying to get JESUS TO DO . TO TEMPT GOD . See epi can teach aspects about the truth
AND YET DENIES THE ONE THING NECESSARY , TO HAVE BELEIVED ON JESUS CHRIST . That is deadly dangerous right there .
I WILL NOT heed it . Rather by grace i will and shall POINT TO CHRIST ALONE .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can agree with this.
There are many here whom do just this. It's like armchair lawyers and football coaching, from the sidelines.
Do as I say, not as I do !
LIke i said epi can speak truths . But here is a simple reminder . WHAT GOOD is that truth
IF we believe one has no need to EVEN BELIEVE ON JESUS CHRIST . EPI is turning these truths into what they are not .
A means by which one can attain to the righteousness of GOD , WITHOUT having to HAVE BELIEVED ON JESUS CHRIST .
SO it dont matter what he says or does . I Dont heed that man . Even atheist can speak truths , WELL i dont heed them either .
EPI is in dire grave danger . HE should have taught the DIRE NECESSITY TO HAVE TO BELIEVE ON JESUS CHRIST
THEN teach HIS TEACHINGS . its all in vain for epi . I am so worried for him . But expose him i must
and point to CHRIST ALONE i must .

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
LIke i said epi can speak truths . But here is a simple reminder . WHAT GOOD is that truth
IF we believe one has no need to EVEN BELIEVE ON JESUS CHRIST . EPI is turning these truths into what they are not .
A means by which one can attain to the righteousness of GOD , WITHOUT having to HAVE BELIEVED ON JESUS CHRIST .
SO it dont matter what he says or does . I Dont heed that man . Even atheist can speak truths , WELL i dont heed them either .
EPI is in dire grave danger . HE should have taught the DIRE NECESSITY TO HAVE TO BELIEVE ON JESUS CHRIST
THEN teach HIS TEACHINGS . its all in vain for epi . I am so worried for him . But expose him i must
Amen!!

Reactions: amigo de christo

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can take the truth from anyone who gives it !
Even the devil in Christ's temptations quoted scriptures.
NOW
the context & content of what one says is what I scrutinize in what ppl really say.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am no fool. I have the word and the Spirit as my teacher.
Therefore following HIM instead of ANY man, one cannot be led wrong.
Thats right dear sister . WE GONNA STAND UPON THE ROCK OF OUR SALVATION , UPON WHICH THE ENTIRE TEMPLE IS BUILT
HEED the SPIRIT , test all men and stay well planted in that bible dear sister . Lambs feast upon truth and to a lamb
the truth is our meat by which we grow and do feed . To the trenches sister . This call is being made
to all who name the name of CHRIST in SPIRIT and IN TRUTH . ARISE , ARISE NOW and contend for the true faith
procliaming CHRIST to all , while there still be time to do so .

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Be on gaurd he has a different verison of what it means to have been born again .

False...of course, and everyone knows this. My version is from the bible...AND from experience. Being born again by the Spirit gives a person an eternal consciousness of who God is and the kind of love and peace He gives to those who walk in Him.

That initial experience of grace is a sample, that the new believer can go to God with and get the full measure of a walk that is ALWAYS in His power, peace, and love.

Now the flesh will react against this... of course.
He believes other religoins can be born again

False. You like to make false claims.
WITHOUT having to believe on JESUS CHRIST .

There is only one verse in the bible that says one can believe "on" (epi) Jesus...all the rest are about believing "into" (eis) Christ. The fact that you have no idea about that shows the superficiality of all your statements. You like to judge...but that is your ego looking for some affirmation from all the active religious egos here.

watch out . Epi is slick with words at times .

That's called having enough intelligence to make sense.
words of Truth .

I think you mean that I withstood the simple.
Not only that but he is actually doubling down all his efforts against this simple truth i speak

You don't know of what you speak...whether it is simple or not.

Everything you do is grandstanding for the purpose of virtue signalling...and judging others who are not as "simple" as you are.
I call you out for what you do. It's the same thing over and over. And that gives you the same religious carnal rush. It's like a drug for you.

You need help and a LOT of instruction. In DIRE NEED of instruction. What I see is you crying out in need. But people here will keep giving you what you think you need....more ego fixes.
and i do not wish death upon him .

Gee, that's nice to know. So you wouldn't want to condemn me to death as some here? Or is that just more virtue signalling?
BUT what he teaches is deadly dangerous .

Just dangerous for the carnal religious outer man sin nature.

What's with all the "on" Him??? Jesus is the Saviour of all men...especially those who believe.
HEY WE CAN DO THIS OURSELF . THAT IS RELIGOIN <

That's what you are doing...a do-it-yourself religion. Just open a bible and start naming and claiming whatever your ego desires.
THAT IS EGO RIGHT THERE .

Exactly.
as for me
So many indeed have believed in vain. The demons also believe in Jesus...and they tremble.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thats right dear sister . WE GONNA STAND UPON THE ROCK OF OUR SALVATION , UPON WHICH THE ENTIRE TEMPLE IS BUILT
HEED the SPIRIT , test all men and stay well planted in that bible dear sister . Lambs feast upon truth and to a lamb
the truth is our meat by which we grow and do feed . To the trenches sister . This call is being made
to all who name the name of CHRIST in SPIRIT and IN TRUTH . ARISE , ARISE NOW and contend for the true faith
procliaming CHRIST to all , while there still be time to do so .
Paul said " follow me as I follow Christ.
Only in this do I stand!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The most IMPORTANT beginning on can undertake in this journey is to " be saved" !
All else, outside of the word, belongs unto that individual's understanding be it of the Spirit or not.
We are ALL in a race ' til the death. May we run it with the perservance God has granted us by his Spirit.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The most IMPORTANT beginning on can undertake in this journey is to " be saved" !
All else, outside of the word, belongs unto that individual's understanding be it of the Spirit or not.
We are ALL in a race ' til the death. May we run it with the perservance God has granted us by his Spirit.
So now i am gonna ask us before all , The very question a jailor once asked to paul and to silas
SIRS what must i DO to be SAVED . I bet we gonna hear the WORD BELEIVE YE ON JESUS CHRIST in there .
As i know my dear sister lamb does FULLY agree . Sirs what must i do to be saved ........................
And that is what i shall continually remind all they must do and that nothing else CAN Save them .
Now raise those hands up dear sister . The time is late the hour grows very late indeed .
ONE DAY ALL lambs will be HOME and gathered at the FEET OF HE WHO SAVED US .
Thus the message shall remain , TILL that day or our last breath . BELIEVE YE IN CHRIST JESUS . BELIEVE YE IN CHRIST JESUS
and then learn HIM well in the bible and all sound doctrine .

Status
Not open for further replies.